Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,034 members, 7,838,585 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Omg! So There Is Really A God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Omg! So There Is Really A God? (4519 Views)

"I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Does Anyone Believe That 3am Is Really The Evil/demon Hour? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by dalebutt1: 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2011
It would only seems reasonable to me to talk with christians as I am not a fanatic and I would never be subjected religious arguement. what purpose does it serve arguing about Jesus christ, he doesnt want any christian to argue for him rather tell his words. you are allowed to believe in whatever but  it would be clear to you oneday i know it seems there wouldnt be that day but I know a day comes you shall all wish you had accepted jesus christ.

@ Jenwitemi because you asked for some proof i am writing this and i will not be dragged into arguements whatever your view of it.  

Christian religion is better than other religions because that which leads to God is better than that which leads away from God. We have sinfully wandered away from God ( Isaiah 53:6)  and we need a Guide to lead us back. Jesus is that Way ( John 14:6)

the One to seek the lost (Luke 19:10). Jesus claims not to be one of many ways, but the one-and-only Way to God. He is, in fact, God Himself in human flesh (John 20:28), so to find Jesus is to find God.

Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father,” He said (John 14:9). The Christian religion is unique in that it offers a close, intimate relationship with the personal God of the universe.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by plaetton: 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2011
dalebutt1:

It would only seems reasonable to me to talk with christians as I am not a fanatic and I would never be subjected religious arguement. what purpose does it serve arguing about Jesus christ, he doesnt want any christian to argue for him rather tell his words. you are allowed to believe in whatever but it would be clear to you oneday i know it seems there wouldnt be that day but I know a day comes you shall all wish you had accepted jesus christ.

@ Jenwitemi because you asked for some proof i am writing this and i will not be dragged into arguements whatever your view of it.

Christian religion is better than other religions because that which leads to God is better than that which leads away from God. We have sinfully wandered away from God ( Isaiah 53:6) and we need a Guide to lead us back. Jesus is that Way ( John 14:6)

the One to seek the lost (Luke 19:10). Jesus claims not to be one of many ways, but the one-and-only Way to God. He is, in fact, God Himself in human flesh (John 20:28), so to find Jesus is to find God.

Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father,” He said (John 14:9). The Christian religion is unique in that it offers a close, intimate relationship with the personal God of the universe.

Everything above can aslo be applied to the Flying Speghetti monster. Do you agree? The flying speghetti monster is the creator of the universe. Not so?
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by dalebutt1: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2011
The problem about human race is that because God (Jesus)  is not a dictator he is a God of love and he gave us the freedom to choose good and evil and to choose the way we live freely without hinderances.  Because we fee too important of ourselves we feel we really amount to something before God. Its like a Apple device  saying to steve jobs that hey look man! You made me but i became more important than you in life everyone wants to associate with me, they go to the market and buy me hence I am not gona be responding to you instructions anymore.

Jobs being human would  simply say in response to the device I will make me another device that would obey and do my will and it would only take me few days to do that. How much more can God change us in few seconds if he cared ?

We are nothing before God, the only thing we enjoy is the freedom which is given to us through is love for us. and if we abuse the freedom and refuse to love Him back and accept Him as the first in everything we do the consequence is hell.

Ofcourse we have the right to disagree even about hell it doesnt change anything with the creator
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by plaetton: 9:17pm On Nov 05, 2011
@Frobel.
You betray your insecurities more than anyone else on this forum.
As for me, I step in to challenge ideas and opinions that i disagree with and I do so with accepted facts whenever, prevailing theories, and my personal opinions. Religion belief has never played any role in my adult life nor in my relationships with other human beings. I am a free man.
I have never asked anyone what they believe and why they do so. I love diversity of thought , diversity of beliefs and diversity of opinions.
If you put your opinions or beliefs in the public domain such as this forum, u have to expect counter opinions and even ridicule. That is life
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Kay17: 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2011
How do you manage to survive in your contradictory world? First you mentioned that God was one who gave his creation freedom and the next thing you say is he wants us to align with his will?!
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by dalebutt1: 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2011
@ kay17 it was a simple english i wrote there. its a choice for us to follow his will albeit its truthful thing to follow is will but because we have freedom we might choose not to do that can you now understand?
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2011
plaetton:

@Frobel.
You betray your insecurities more than anyone else on this forum.
As for me, I step in to challenge ideas and opinions that i disagree with and I do so with accepted facts whenever, prevailing theories, and my personal opinions. Religion belief has never played any role in my adult life nor in my relationships with other human beings. I am a free man.
I have never asked anyone what they believe and why they do so. I love diversity of thought , diversity of beliefs and diversity of opinions.
If you put your opinions or beliefs in the public domain such as this forum, u have to expect counter opinions and even ridicule. That is life

I am sorry but you are the one with insecurities.

I have absolutely no qualms debating my belief , it is you guys that cannot handle it and end up all soppy.

So please argue all you want , ridicule christianity for all I care, no problems from me , it affects me in no way  grin

Truth is JESUS is LORD irrespective of what is said or not said.

You might think that you are free, but the fact is you are not.

Most unbelievers are bound to some habit that they long to be rid off ,  but cannot or even a pattern of behaviour that they are not not happy with and want to change.

I respect  your opinions though  grin
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by dalebutt1: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2011
Brethen i urge you, be ready to take any risk for the sake of Heaven.Heaven and hell are both real.Joshua said i bring before you today life and death in (Deut 30) but i urge you to choose life.Heb 12:14 says “Make every effort to live in peace with all men With HOLINESS without which no-man shall see the Lord.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by plaetton: 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2011
dalebutt1:

Brethen i urge you, be ready to take any risk for the sake of Heaven.Heaven and hell are both real.Joshua said i bring before you today life and death in (Deut 30) but i urge you to choose life.Heb 12:14 says “Make every effort to live in peace with all men With HOLINESS without which no-man shall see the Lord.
Another hogwash. generations and generations have heard this crap till no end. what else is new?
wasn't joshua the guy that yahweh sent to jericho to murder men, women, children and 'all that lives" and then stole all their treasure , shared it among his men and even kept a portion of the loot and some young virgins for the lord?
making every effort to live in peace with every human is a laudible objective.
But we know that Joshua and all the other henchmen of your bible did not live by those rules.

@frosbel: methinks you have a better chance of reaching ur salvation if you look inward and focus on self improvment rather than your obsession with non-believers. U seem to be more interested in selling tickets to your heaven than actually charting your own path.

You do very well representing hippocrites and pharisees
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by dalebutt1: 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
@plaetton you know your comment is inept. if you have read the bible has you claimed you will realise why joshua did what he did and why yaweh asked him to do it. The Bible talked about people like you actually it says the fool says in his heart there is no God and i doubt it if you werent.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by plaetton: 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2011
Wow. Interesting ideed. I
am very glad that admitt that joshua committed those atrocities because your lord asked him to do it. Very good. But you forgot to mention why your god asked him to murder and plunder. would it be ok too for the god of another religion to command the murder of your entire community?(god forbid?) Do you personally think there is any justification for genocide whether by man or any god?
When does a genocidal maniac turn into a loving god? i need your answer
Frsobel, you too. I need your opinion
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by dalebutt1: 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
If i were you I would be more worried about what the bible says about me. I am not gona debate my christians belief. I cant reason with a wall am sorry
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2011
plaetton:

am very glad that admitt that joshua committed those atrocities because your lord asked him to do it. Very good. But you forgot to mention why your god asked him to murder and plunder. would it be ok too for the god of another religion to command the murder of your entire community?(god forbid?) Do you personally think there is any justification for genocide whether by man or any god?

I am sorry , I have no time for lazy people who refuse to examine the facts.

Come back to me when you have read the entire chapter in context not out of context or wrenching snippets of verses here and there from their proper meaning.

You will not make a good scientist grin
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by plaetton: 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2011
@ frosbel. i did not quote any bible verses. I asked relevant questions on an incident mentioned in the bible. Stonewall again.

@dalebutt1:
u cannot make staements and expect not to be challenged. This is not your church service. This is a public forum.
You have refused to enlighten me on a biblical issue that have bogged my mind from childhood. I'm being sincere. I wish you could attempt to answer those questions I posed to you as sincerely as you could.

If you cannot defend the statements that you make, just keep your beliefs and opinions to yourself and away from public forums. You will be challenged whether you like it or not.
Religious people have over the centuries deemed themselve sacrosanct when it comes to acountability. any questions and immedietly one is labelled devil, fool, anti christ, god hater etc and lately evangelical athiest(an oxymoron).
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by plaetton: 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2011
If I write a lenghty peice on the devine atributes of the Flying Spegetti Monster as the ultimate saviour of mankind, you will be amongst the first to shout me down and demand for proof. Not so?
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2011
plaetton:

@ frosbel. i did not quote any bible verses. I asked relevant questions on an incident mentioned in the bible. Stonewall again.

@dalebutt1:
u cannot make staements and expect not to be challenged. This is not your church service. This is a public forum.
You have refused to enlighten me on a biblical issue that have bogged my mind from childhood. I'm being sincere. I wish you could attempt to answer those questions I posed to you as sincerely as you could.

If you cannot defend the statements that you make, just keep your beliefs  and opinions to yourself and away from  public forums. You will be challenged whether you like it or not.
Religious people have over the centuries deemed themselve sacrosanct when it comes to acountability. any questions and immedietly one is labelled devil, fool, anti christ, god hater etc and lately evangelical athiest(an oxymoron).

I am beginning to conclude that atheists are lazy minds.

For example I had to go and do some research on the fallacy of atheism and their wishful thinking, hence my ability to at least debate you guys on certain issues.

Why must we do your work for you, if this story so bothered you for such a long time, does it not tell a lot about you, that you have not done one iota of investigation until now.

Shocking I say !!
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by dalebutt1: 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2011
@plaetton. Ofcourse i expected to be challenged and I would be morethan willing to have a healthy debate on my belief, you came accross as someone who wants to argue for the sake of it of course am not ready for such discussion. I would not criticize your belief about your so called Flying Speghetti monster, you have perviously said something about it i ignored it because i know you are looking for whom to drag into the discssion about some monster. I am not ready for that I you have genuine question about christ that you like to know that I am obliged to answer you
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by plaetton: 11:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
investigate what? "Go and kill and destroy all, utterly destroy all that liveth'. At the end , even god gets a share of the loot. If the inhabitants of Jerich were invaders from another planet, i could understand, but they were living brathing human beings too. weren't they? or were they created by a rival god?.
What am i missing? I'm begging you to point it out for me even if u think am lazy or blind.

@both of you.
If you feel that the old testament is a book of immorality, a contradiction and an ebarrassment to the message of jesus, then come out , say so and fully detach yourself from those books to focus on the teachings of jesus. You opened the door for this debate when you quoted joshua to for me. You cannot eat your cake and still have it.
good night. grin
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Sweetnecta: 9:47am On Nov 06, 2011
@Frosbel: « #108 on: Yesterday at 10:45:59 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: plaetton on Yesterday at 10:28:16 PM

I am sorry , I have no time for lazy people who refuse to examine the facts.

Come back to me when you have read the entire chapter in context not out of context or wrenching snippets of verses here and there from their proper meaning.

You will not make a good scientist Grin[/Quote]Did it happen; yes or no? Its your religion. explain it to him. He sees it and understand it without using Christian mindset that will deny what Jesus as Yahweh did through Joshua. You see it through your Christian prism, accepting Jesus as Yahweh to be "ruthless" and probably became a guiding light of a different kind, now as Jehovah working through Jesus [playing double duty in NT, while being the opposite of Himself of the OT].

Scientist do not always know everything. Get that into your white man instead of igbo man head.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Sweetnecta: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2011
When i see a chance to bring him back to his authentic nature, i grab it. Something may just click. Who knows. But God does.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Nobody: 4:30am On Oct 31, 2012
Bump...
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ascony: i was born a christian, i became an atheist since 2006 when doubts about the existence of God began to creep in, now after years of atheism and deep thoughts i can confidently say that i believe that there is a God now.

i dnt really know to explain it but it happened in a twinkle of an eye, God may not be a big white male with overflowing bears sitting on a throne in the sky, but God surely exists, he lives in every one of us, he is everywhere, he is everything, he is the "source code" for creating the universe, he is that energy from which everything emanated,
the [size=18pt]mistake that atheists make is trying to personify God,[/size] "why did he do this and that? why is he even called a HE and bla bla bla"", but we fail to realise that [size=18pt]God cannot be put in a box[/size], how can we tell him how to run his own world, life is exactly how God wants it to be whether good or bad, we should realise that it could have been worse you know.

[size=18pt]God is not man, God is not a thing, God is everything![/size] There is so much i wanna say but let me stop here for now,

FYI; as of the moment, [size=18pt]i dont call myself a christian, i call myself a believer, God is bigger than religion[/size]
Goodday!!!

RT: End of discussion.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
grin grin grin some o' y'all have it all wrong and twisted.. There is no GOD period.point.blank. there is no perfect ethereal energy or some unified gunk in space and time continuum. It is the unique nature of this petri-dish called the milky way
You think we are an intelligent species and whatever created us is some intelligent sentient being.. wrong. Humanity is not even close to being a 0.00001% focus of this galaxy or billions of similar galaxies across universes and multi-verses. The so-called unifying source-code is nothing more than a gigantic petri-dish vegetating germs and life-forms. so other advanced germs (aliens, demons, angels, gods) from other advanced petri-dishes attempt to seek similar answers that we have been perambulating over for centuries. which is why it can never be proven or seen.. you are already soaking in it. grin grin grin someday biology class will be over and the janitor will wipe the lab table clean and junk our petri-dish into an incinerator.. sounds familiar! grin grin grin
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by UyiIredia(m): 12:50am On Nov 01, 2012
Well congrats Ascony you finally made it. You saw that it made no sense to continue believing that the universe saomehow popped out of nothing without no Creator.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by kambo(m): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
Op, better go back to being d atheist u were. Believg in the wrong imaginary god is as bad as believg theres no God. Either way ur still in d same delusionary camp , u only changed cells. Uaint yet a free man. Which u'll b if Jesus Christ truly vists u.
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Ajibam: 8:12am On Nov 13, 2013
to logicboy
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by holypower(m): 8:17am On Nov 13, 2013
My dear brethren... GOD has loved thee and saved you, you have put smiles and joy in the heart of GOD and HIS angels!!!
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 13, 2013
Ahaa...i knew there were other atheist that converted back in beleiving in the existence of God..am bookmarking this page for future reference..
Re: Omg! So There Is Really A God? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2013
Ajibam: to logicboy

Logic boy believes in God..he is just coding..in due time everything will come out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Christianity Losing The Battle On Nairaland? / Download Ada - I Testify Instrumental / Can The Devil Understand Us When We Speak In Tongues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.