Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" (37176 Views)

Reno Omokri Gives Reasons Why Nigerians Fleeing Sudan Were Rejected In Ethiopia / Miyetti Allah Members Now Fleeing Nigeria To Escape Bandits’ Attacks... / Why We Attempted Fleeing Nigeria – 58 Medical Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by onuman: 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
MrCork:

^^^^^denately IBO person
U IBO people so negative its unbelievable.ALWAYS have somtin bad to say
.so why will any one trust u biafra people to rule Nigeria ??(no oofensece) angry

How did you know I am Igbo?
Anyone speaking the truth avout Nigeria is Igbo.

Others like you are like passengers in a sinking ship but clutch tight to the ship because the ship is carrying valuables. Nigeria is having crude oyel.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by MrCork: 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
onuman:

How did you know I am Igbo?
Anyone speaking the truth avout Nigeria is Igbo.

Others like you are like passengers in a sinking ship but clutch tight to the ship because the ship is carrying valuables. Nigeria is having crude oyel.

Toooo late to apologice...you are Biafra IBO person & u all the same..u want distruction of nigeria !!!!(no oofensece) angry
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
only desperadoes are living not true hard working patient Nigerians cheesy
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
sunboy:

I see a Nigerian going to quora (I know what quora is) to push a bad narrative about his country. To what benefit Quora readers won’t come to help us, instead he’s giving us a bad rep to worsen our situation.

Point one thing that isn't true in all he said and I will paste you a link to educate you.

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by pfadom: 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
The day God restores the fortunes of Nigeria will you die? We are hopeful for a better Nigeria sooner than later.

You don't have to believe me. Insults are welcome.

PDJT:
-Nigeria is a fake country and nothing good will ever come out of it. Some people in Nigeria may be decent but Nigeria? Na.

-Nigerians problems can only get worse, until they tell themselves the truth; the British experiment is NOT working. Until then, let the delusion continue.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Isokehn(m): 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2023
Quintessence44:

NO THEY DON’T.

It is actually NIGERIANS who return home especially for Christmas and some to settle. Pakistanis, Indians etc, once they leave their countries, no going back. Not even for holidays.

Most of you are drowned in ignorance and self hate. I have seen some of you newly Japa Nigerians - graduates etc, working in supermarkets in London as floor assistants, or doing security work, and other low class work in the UK, and none of you look happy. I always see a look in your faces that says “what am I doing in this shiit job here?”

I even saw one fine ajebutta naija girl working in a warehouse packing boxes and sweating. She looked so depressed.

You could tell that that was not her level at all, but she had to do that job or no food.

I’m very sure many Japad Nigerians are quietly returning back home to Nigeria to avoid the crap they are going through in Europe.

Drowned in ignorance, the fact that you also know something doesn't mean that you know everything buddy. I know for a fact that chinese in particular do come back not those countries you mentioned.

You are sure without facts, yes most know they do hard labour but they hardly care as they get hard currency. Even with suffocating taxes, their labour counts there over here. You start from somewhere. Again they also have far greater chances to get better opportunities with a clear path to career growth over there. Better there than here if you ask me. Speaking to my sector even our most valuable tech companies are headquartered there. Depression is personal.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by PDJT: 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
pfadom:
The day God restores the fortunes of Nigeria will you die? We are hopeful for a better Nigeria sooner than later.

You don't have to believe me. Insults are welcome.

-Mtchew! Name one country that was built by people praying to God? Or you think God answers the prayers of murderers?
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Flets: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
SeaTrade:
10 years down the line If we end up together,she's gonna thank me for saying No.
There's some trajectory you'd be on and you stop getting excited and be very logical/realistic.
It's hard to see anyone on my path that leaves all that for nothingness so yeah,you don't know people like me.

For reference : https://dailytrust.com/naira-crashes-to-all-time-low-hits-n1043-09-1-at-official-market/

Your best efforts in Nigeria will be ridiculed by factors beyond your control.

In about 2 years, 1USD will equal 6,000 naira. It does not matter how much effort you put in, it will amount to nothing.

Nigeria is at a dead end and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by onuman: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2023
MrCork:

Toooo late to apologice...you are Biafra IBO person & u all the same..u want distruction of nigeria !!!!(no oofensece) angry

Mugu doesn't understand who destroyed Nigeria.
Boko Haram which fights for a Nigeria to be governed with Sharia criminal laws was ushered in after sharia criminal laws were adopted by the far north of Nigeria states.
IPOB emerged thereafter to cut off the east from Nigeria to be governed with Sharia criminal laws.

Boko Haram and those gunning for sharia criminal laws for all Nigeria destroyed Nigeria.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by SeaTrade(m): 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
Flets:

For reference : https://dailytrust.com/naira-crashes-to-all-time-low-hits-n1043-09-1-at-official-market/

Your best efforts in Nigeria will be ridiculed by factors beyond your control.

In about 2 years, 1USD will equal 6,000 naira. It does not matter how much effort you put in, it will amount to nothing.

Nigeria is at a dead end and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it.
There are people making money faster than the currency depreciates,you just never know.

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Cromagnon: 12:44am On Dec 31, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
you said the failure was due to laziness oga.
precisely
Laziness of 200million Nigerians
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by sunboy(m): 1:32am On Dec 31, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

Point one thing that isn't true in all he said and I will paste you a link to educate you.

Answer my question: what does he benefit from pushing a bad narrative about his country to foreigners ??

Every country has its problems, no country in this world is immune from problems, we don’t see their citizens jump online to tell foreigners about their problems. Foreigners won’t come to help us, it is complete disservice!!! And dump!!!
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by IbeOkehie: 1:44am On Dec 31, 2023
sunboy:

Answer my question: what does he benefit from pushing a bad narrative about his country to foreigners ??

Every country has its problems, no country in this world is immune from problems, we don’t see their citizens jump online to tell foreigners about their problems. Foreigners won’t come to help us, it is complete disservice!!! And dump!!!

Nonsense. Go online and see how USA citizens talk trash about their country, one of the richest and most productive in the world.

The difference is that when it comes to Nigeria, most of the aspersions are TRUE. For example, Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. That you refuse to talk about it means you're PROBABLY not affected or you benefit from the situation, but most Nigerians are NOT in your category.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Flets: 4:13am On Dec 31, 2023
SeaTrade:
There are people making money faster than the currency depreciates,you just never know.

Yeah… there are trains that run faster in the air, you just never know
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by waldigit: 4:55am On Dec 31, 2023
KingOfAmebo:
Here's a trending article I read on the world's most popular forum Quora.

"Opportunities once flowed in Nigeria as abundantly as the Niger River, but that narrative has long changed.

Nigerians, known to be resourceful, educated, and fueled by ambition are leaving the shores of their motherland in droves, not in a casual drift but in a frantic exodus.

They're running from a crucible of crises that boils and overflows, leaving a residue of despair with no extinguisher in sight.

A country of numerous resources has become a labyrinth of misfortunes. Governed by the worst of leaders who have weaponized poverty for their selfish interest—that is, when patriotic Nigerians rise to question, and fight, the government, their opponent would be fellow poor Nigerians, fighting tooth and nail for the same politicians who have kept them so.

Nigerians find themselves locked in an ever-intensifying cycle of multi-dimensional problems. From economic chaos to sometimes, unbearable insecurity, the nation's woes accumulate like sediment, each layer more crippling than the last.

The government that the masses put their hopes on as custodian of public interest, has turned the country into a family enterprise, brokering ill-advised deals that mortgage the country’s future. Deals that have dwindled the Naira's value like melting ice.

Petrol prices have soared skyward to three times what they were just months ago, pulling along dreams and ambitions into fury flames.

And yet, our leaders plead for patience in a land where patience has bled dry. With this reality, the rich find their escape routes, seeking refuge in developed countries that offer a semblance of stability, leaving behind poor Nigerians tethered by financial constraints.

The only thing that seems permanent in Nigeria has become the disheartening truth that our yesteryears often outshine our tomorrows. This mass migration of Nigerians isn’t just alarming but frightening—a "brain drain" as it's called, because it's the middle class and skilled Nigerians who are leaving the country in droves.

Those who can no longer wait for the dawn are chasing the sun elsewhere, hoping to find what has become elusive at home— a life of value, a life worth living.

Nigeria has, year after year performed below expectations and for every emigrant, the implication is clear: faith in the motherland has eroded, leaving behind only the skeletal remains of what was once a thriving belief in a shared future that Nigerians can unite and make something out of themselves for the good of everyone who calls Nigeria home."

Cc: Victor Dirikebamor

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Nigerians-fleeing-Nigeria/answer/Victor-Dirikebamor?ch=15&oid=1477743690646613&share=43e687aa&srid=nIcOD&target_type=answer
If you are in your fathers house but without fatherly care but a neighbor offers to hire you as hoisemaid but with fatherly care incentive what would you do?
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:37am On Dec 31, 2023
sunboy:

Where is the bad narrative? He said things the way they were which is nothing but the truth? So, you would rather not speak about your burning house because you don't want foreigners to know your house is burning, what kind of senseless thinking is that? No wonder Fela Anikulapo spoke about your type, he called people like you "suffering and smiling"

Everybody knows there are shootings, gangsterism, and drug problems in America, Americans speak about them daily and are not hiding the truth from foreigners.

You lots are the real problems and enemies of Nigeria, you won't speak about your problems and wont allow others speak for you hence you continue to suffer because you don't want the foreigners to know things are not ok with you.

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by MrCork: 10:46am On Dec 31, 2023
onuman:

Mugu doesn't understand who destroyed Nigeria.
Boko Haram which fights for a Nigeria to be governed with Sharia criminal laws was ushered in after sharia criminal laws were adopted by the far north of Nigeria states.
IPOB emerged thereafter to cut off the east from Nigeria to be governed with Sharia criminal laws.

Boko Haram and those gunning for sharia criminal laws for all Nigeria destroyed Nigeria.

So u sayin IBO can be truuuusted in power & their aim is not to finally divide & steal everything?.....brother if u dont belif dis then u in for big shock if IBO people take power (no oofense) angry
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by onuman: 11:57am On Dec 31, 2023
MrCork:

So u sayin IBO can be truuuusted in power & their aim is not to finally divide & steal everything?.....brother if u dont belif dis then u in for big shock if IBO people take power (no oofense) angry

Clutching tight to One Nigeria because of cheap cash from crude oil and gas deposits in the Niger delta; even if all your village people, including you, die of hunger, from Nigeria's violence or from the other inadequacies of one Nigeria. Your people have held power in Nigeria since 1960. Where is Nigeria today? Develop more sense.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by sunboy(m): 4:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

Where is the bad narrative? He said things the way they were which is nothing but the truth? So, you would rather not speak about your burning house because you don't want foreigners to know your house is burning, what kind of senseless thinking is that? No wonder Fela Anikulapo spoke about your type, he called people like you "suffering and smiling"

Everybody knows there are shootings, gangsterism, and drug problems in America, Americans speak about them daily and are not hiding the truth from foreigners.

You lots are the real problems and enemies of Nigeria, you won't speak about your problems and wont allow others speak for you hence you continue to suffer because you don't want the foreigners to know things are not ok with you.

You really miss road lol

Suffering smiling is when you don’take your leaders accountable. Not a foreigner, you really miss road like Fela said.

When do you see a French man coming to naira land to tell people about French numerous problems??

Instead they protest and do all they can to hold their leaders accountable!!! That’s what Fela said about suffering smiling 😊

The large majority should go to the streets to protest the bad governance or kick him out in the next election. That’s how you demand actions from your elected fellows, not going to explain your suffering to the foreigners that don’t care about you, they won’t come to help you, that’s a slave mentality!!! Wake up!

And have peace ✌🏾
But You really miss road with your suffering smiling.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by pfadom: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2023
Senseless being! Even here in America, the Americans both native and immigrants pray for God to bless America.

You don't have to spend hours in the church, mosques or shrine, before you wish yourself or nation well.

Work hard as if it depends on work, and be positive minded too.

PDJT:

-Mtchew! Name one country that was built by people praying to God? Or you think God answers the prayers of murderers?
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by PDJT: 9:11am On Jan 01
pfadom:
Senseless being! Even here in America, the Americans both native and immigrants pray for God to bless America.

You don't have to spend hours in the church, mosques or shrine, before you wish yourself or nation well.

Work hard as if it depends on work, and be positive minded too.

-Mtchew!
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by drsmut: 12:17pm On Jan 31
I understand your pain as nothing good has ever been benefitted in your home. It's really a pity

Thinktwicemybro:

Since you were born, what good have come out of Nigeria? Keep hoping on a hoe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EFCC Seizes Diezani's Houses And Wristwatch Worth £600,000 / Raji Fashola Visits Governor Fayose (Photos) / Tinubu Lists Four-Step Solution To Farmer-Herder Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.