Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence (14820 Views)

The Surprising Resurgence Of Indian TV Serials / Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? / You Are Shouting "2020 Is My Year Of Harvest". Did You Plant Anything In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by A001: 8:49pm On Jan 01
hstar:

I presume that first person you'll block is the vulture griller
Sure, bro.

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by emmy512: 8:50pm On Jan 01
mrjojo:
Nairaland is a 2 billion naira worth at the minimum of venture if seun decide to take it seriously

Seun still runs this as a side of side project from his "cubicle" in sango-ota .

Knowing Seun to be an introvert who doesn't like the spot light or want to be popular just as myself, if I were him

I will

Run Nairaland as a business' by

1. Opening a physical office space in Lagos, Abuja, Sango-ota as HQ

2. Employ a CEO to run it while I continue to serve as founder and CTO

3. Employ a full team of enginneers, UX front end designers, marketers

Manage

1. Front page should be very current with update as it happens, ( I see a news/even on instablog and see it days after on the frontpage), alot of people only visit the front page, so it must be regularly updated and of high quality

2. limit posting to some section for new accounts, like have some way you rank accounts, new account should have a 3 month sandbox restriction.

3. make it impossible to register multiple account from thesame device,

4. Use text verification and real email ( no temp mails) for registration

5. Moderation : Each section should have atleast 2 mod and very active section 3 with 1 supermod.

6. Tribalism and hate speech should attract ban, device ban, email ban if possible an IP ban after two warnings

Buid

Implement new feature,

One of the allure of Nairaland is it simplistic UI and fast loading time

That doesn't need to change but it can be better,

1. Add Night mode, this will switch the background to black which is easy on the eyes at night, users can toggle on off

2. Add a bit of self moderation by adding a dislike button (when a comment has so many disikes, a moderator manually access if it should be hidden, users can still view the comment if clicked

3. An email system should be designed, communication stays on nairaland instead of third part email (all nairaland user get a user@nairaland.com email after 6 months of active usage provided the haven't been banned more than thrice,.

4. Build a robust ad management system, from creation, funding , moderation,

5.make it easy to share, the share button can be linked to whatsapp, fb, tiktok, IG, so when someone click on share they can also share outside the platform
a short url like naira.land will also make sharing easy

6. native ios/app with great push feature

mabe more later if I think of more

you've said it all
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by hstar: 8:50pm On Jan 01
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by hstar: 8:51pm On Jan 01
mrjojo:
Nairaland is a 2 billion naira worth at the minimum of venture if seun decide to take it seriously

Seun still runs this as a side of side project from his "cubicle" in sango-ota .

Knowing Seun to be an introvert who doesn't like the spot light or want to be popular just as myself, if I were him

I will

Manage

1. Front page should be very current with update as it happens, ( I see a news/even on instablog and see it days after on the frontpage), alot of people only visit the front page, so it must be regularly updated and of high quality

2. limit posting to some section for new accounts, like have some way you rank accounts, new account should have a 3 month sandbox restriction.

5. Moderation : Each section should have atleast 2 mod and very active section 3 with 1 supermod.

6. Tribalism and hate speech should attract ban, device ban, email ban if possible an IP ban after two warnings

Buid

Implement new feature,

1. Add Night mode, this will switch the background to black which is easy on the eyes at night, users can toggle on off

2. Add a bit of self moderation by adding a dislike button (when a comment has so many disikes, a moderator manually access if it should be hidden, users can still view the comment if clicked

3. An email system should be designed, communication stays on nairaland instead of third part email (all nairaland user get a user@nairaland.com email after 6 months of active usage provided the haven't been banned more than thrice,.

5.make it easy to share, the share button can be linked to whatsapp, fb, tiktok, IG, so when someone click on share they can also share outside the platform

Very good analysis

But trust me, this'll require lots of efforts

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by AlabiKILLER2023: 8:51pm On Jan 01
cococandy:
Will you also tackle the rampant vitriolic misogyny on here? Thanks

Hello
Sweet sixteen

Your panties is my handkerchief

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by busterr(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01
Please give your mods serious orientations.
And look into NLPoliceWoman activities

NLPoliceWoman and are the same person
Sanitize the forum sir

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by XAUBulls: 8:53pm On Jan 01
mrjojo:

I will

Manage

Buid

Implement new feature,

+1... I'm on the same page with you here.
The simple green-colored monochrome background with black texts, and blue weblinks are part of the subliminal factors that have kept me on NL since March 2005. There's NO going back.

Cc: @Sukkot

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Ernesthugo(m): 8:53pm On Jan 01
grin
Prigidypogodo:
happy new year love
God bless nairaland and kill its enemies
amen.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Offpoint1: 8:53pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I'm pleased to wish you a Happy New Year!!

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

The problems of Nairaland that we should have solved years ago will be solved.

* We will defeat tribalists, trolls, & spammers.
* We will complete our advertising platform.
* We will improve the UI and UX.
* Home page topics will be educative & fresh.
* We will reverse the anti-women trends.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for u as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Happy New Year and thanks for using Nairaland!

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
Are you tired of Twitter?
When you supposed focus on your platform you dey Twitter 24/7.

Nairaland is just a year younger than Facebook, it should have been mile away from what it's today.

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Biola67: 8:54pm On Jan 01
AHCB:
Even till this very day, the data that was lost, have not been retrieved. So, Mr Seun, why should we take you serious?

If you had faced Nairaland squarely and not go to X and start arguing with people who don't put money in your pocket, Nairaland would not have been down for 2 days.

It's high time you stop making empty promises. It's not nice at all. You sound like a politician. What assurance do we, who put content on this site (not the brain draining content) have that such a thing won't happen again? Remember, we trusted you with our content once upon a time, you disappointed us. So I ask again, what assurance do we have.

Have a nice day, and Happy New Year.
Oga rest or stfu
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Coldspice: 8:54pm On Jan 01
AlabiKILLER2023:

Phoolish Yoruba boy

They will bury you before the next full moon.
Mark this post.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Blacklion3: 8:54pm On Jan 01
Seun:

I think you are right about that.
What about foreigners that don't have Nigerian numbers

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by israelmao(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01
There're brilliant minds on this forum Mr.Senu if you want to get the best of them engage,motivate and reward their hardwork.Don't be an Island even an Island is never an island without river surrounding it.You need to whip the tribalists,racists,fraudsters and those who have made begging their usual profession on this forum into line.If these are done your annual set goals are not far from being achievable.Wishing you many quantum leaps this year.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Seun(m): 8:56pm On Jan 01
GoldenGTV:
How do you intend to defeat tribalist?
These one's have come to stay or you'll keep deleting comments or ban user's?

I'll be watching keenly.
We will ban then and delete their tribalistic posts. We will ban everyone that uses ethnic slurs.

7 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Offpoint1: 8:57pm On Jan 01
Tunechi5:
Big lamba,you say this every year,you that doesn't listen to users feedback
The guy and all his mods don't just give a shxt about feedback, which is disastrous.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by AlabiKILLER2023: 8:57pm On Jan 01
Coldspice:

They will bury you before the next full moon.
Mark this post.

E-BOLA Tinubu is a bastard old Druggie criminal

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Coldspice: 8:59pm On Jan 01
AlabiKILLER2023:

E-BOLA Tinubu is a bastard old Druggie criminal

That one is your problem.
But I can assure you that they will bury you before the next full moon.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by TheFreshVanilla: 8:59pm On Jan 01
Enable the option to change email address. There are people who wish to deactivate their account but have forgotten their email password.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by fineboynl(m): 9:01pm On Jan 01
CandyOps:
Seun we should be able to link our social media to our account. And use a phone number for verification so if the system blocks your account it also blocks the phone number attached.

Give us the ability to block and dislike a moniker
e be like you want nairaland to dry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by AlabiKILLER2023: 9:02pm On Jan 01
Coldspice:

That one is your problem.
But I can assure you that they will bury you before the next full moon.

Phuckkk your whoring momaa
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by abba190: 9:03pm On Jan 01
lipsrsealed
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for us as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
which one be anti-women trends?

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by abba190: 9:05pm On Jan 01
let me start nursing other monikers because i see massive bans ahead grin grin
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Offpoint1: 9:05pm On Jan 01
ahnie:
Seun you should try adding more features too like block buttons and voice notes.
Voice notes on forum? Like seriously?

grin

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:06pm On Jan 01
@Seun.
Please leave the UX/UI as it is. That is the signature of Nairaland, changing it will make it somehow.

4 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Massy(m): 9:07pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for us as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Oga Seun, pls do consider me for any job opening. I have a Masters Degree...and I believe I have requisite skills for online tasks.

Thanking you in hopeful anticipation.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by ahnie: 9:08pm On Jan 01
You'll .....everly...... be..... scared of me........ on...... this forum,I m glad I m making you have sleepless nights and banging migraines cheesy cheesy and living...... rent free in your head.....
PDPdestroyer:
I will only take you serious when you stop pushing Ahnie's useless posts to FP

You can take the floor now Ibadan avatar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by NLPoliceMann: 9:08pm On Jan 01
AlabiKILLER2023:

Hello Sweet sixteen
Your panties is my handkerchief
Ridiculous
cc: Seun, Mynd44, Dominique
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Abilistic(m): 9:09pm On Jan 01
If after all the proposed changes you didn't remove this forced declaration or enforce in other religion's thread, then you ain't ready for any change.

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by GUNITGuy: 9:09pm On Jan 01
Happy New Year to You Seun
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by egbetokuns(m): 9:10pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

God be with you Seun
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by aylipple: 9:10pm On Jan 01
This is welcome development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About Year 2013 / How To Advertise On Nairaland / Enugu Woman Fakes Her Own Kidnapping And Demands Ransom From Her Own Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.