Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,074 members, 7,828,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence (14832 Views)

The Surprising Resurgence Of Indian TV Serials / Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? / You Are Shouting "2020 Is My Year Of Harvest". Did You Plant Anything In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Chibuzoripob: 9:40pm On Jan 01
cool New year resolution. NO MORE TRIBALIST BiANTERS

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by 9jagovernor: 9:41pm On Jan 01
Seems Seun finally saw this

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by sukkot: 9:41pm On Jan 01
XAUBulls:

+1... I'm on the same page with you here.
The simple green-colored monochrome background is what has kept me on NL since March 2005. There's NO going back.

Cc: @Sukkot
hehe i agree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by RexEmmyGee: 9:41pm On Jan 01
NL just be like today, yesterday and forever

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Mrniceguy001: 9:41pm On Jan 01
I miss the nairaland of 2012,13,14,15,16....
I miss Vaneni.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:41pm On Jan 01
tunde1200:

God punish you for hating Tinubu
1st ban in 2024 is eyeballing u my broda... Heeeya!

grin
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Blacklion3: 9:43pm On Jan 01
Seun:
See the Romance section.

According to PLATO
As there are misanthropist or haters of men, so also ARE there misologists, or haters of ideas

I would advise you approach nairaland based on the above quote from Plato. Most of those posts on romance sections are ideas, Rich ideas that tells the challenges male folks face dealing with relationships and the society.

Right from the beginning of creation, there has been haters of men, serpent and the advocates of the serpent always manipulating men "to a fall".

Don't let those females manupulate you to think those threads and ideas are against them. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and such opinions must be shared.

Threads like the redpill and several of its kind are a gentle gift to all men lucky enough to come across it

3 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by tunde1200(m): 9:44pm On Jan 01
MichaelSokoto:

1st ban in 2024 is eyeballing u my broda... Heeeya!

grin

Yeye boy 👶
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by obinna58(m): 9:47pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I'm pleased to wish you a Happy New Year!!

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

The problems of Nairaland that we should have solved years ago will be solved.

* We will defeat tribalists, trolls, & spammers.
* We will complete our advertising platform.
* We will improve the UI and UX.
* Home page topics will be educative & fresh.
* We will reverse the anti-women trends.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for us as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Happy New Year and thanks for using Nairaland!

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
Hope you’re not referring to our redpill thread as anti woman thread

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by SavageMaster: 9:48pm On Jan 01
superCleanworks:

I am available for work.
As a pioneer member since 2005, I will actually work for free and to make sure this beautiful website gets back to full glory.
Let me know how I can be of service.

This moniker was opened in 2020 Sir.

Was your pioneer moniker banned? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Error401: 9:49pm On Jan 01
we accept your apology, but 2014 shouldnt be an excuse. Its more than 10 years already. This is not the Nairaland of our dreams, a mobile app is a good way to start and an ability to turn ito full fledge social media platform while still maintaining its anonymity status.

Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for us as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Tunde835(m): 9:50pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
Make me a mod. I can take care of the tribalists.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by tobstarizhia(m): 9:51pm On Jan 01
Frankly, you've not been serious all these while. I mean look at the forum. The prehistoric user interface. I think MSN Yahoo internet era.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by 12inchess: 9:51pm On Jan 01
We that we have been here since when Nairaland was in inception approve of this message. However you need to keep Nairaland user data and cloud infrastructure domiciled in Nigeria. It can be done.Otherwise you're not serious yet. Ive been a member since 2005 and times of MSN. And I'm sure some a.i bots have been developed to do all sorts of things on this site already.

We also need my main man born.2fuc.k back on the platform. You banned him too much and he swore never to come back angry angry angry

Why must we swear to love Alla.h to post on the islam section and not same for the Christian section? angry angry angry

I will take Nairaland serious when Seun spends more time posting or commenting on Nairaland that on Elon Musk's Twitter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Lawag3: 9:51pm On Jan 01
Seun:
We will create a Christian section which will also have oath taking.

No need for that we Christians have nothing to hide and we do enjoy the interactions from atheist, Muslims and any other non Christians because if you ask questions you'll know the truth.

3 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by elipheleh(m): 9:51pm On Jan 01
Thazard:
Yes, i agree. Seun please act as this person said,it's very important. Also, increase the number of followers one could have or could follow. Also giving verification badge to certain users with lot of followers would bring more fun. I joined Nairaland because of Explorers,Techcapon,Autojosh.

You people overrate this forum. You think I will sacrifice my phone number for a forum like this?

Ideas like this will drive off 90% of registered users and visitors.

Perhaps you don't value your privacy too much. A lot of people value there phone numbers. I wouldn't even bother visiting not to talk of giving out my phone number to insincere site admins and mods.

I laugh

4 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by LivingSage: 9:52pm On Jan 01
If possible, It'll be better the IP address of serial defaulters, especially those with different ( hundreds of ) monikers be ban instead
Seun:
What alternative would you suggest?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Ikukuudo: 9:52pm On Jan 01
Udo
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Abbeytoy(m): 9:52pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

That's where most people will have problems. Most of us don't want to hear things will get worse before fixed and I am not even sure you will accept that paragraph from the Nigerian government if it comes from them.

Anyway, I wish us all the best and Happy New Year to those who celebrate it.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by elipheleh(m): 9:53pm On Jan 01
Tunde835:
Make me a mod. I can take care of the tribalists.

A senior racist like you. Tribalist head

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Naijaepic: 9:54pm On Jan 01
I offer my service as Data Engineer. My service will be invaluable (Data loss is inevitable if proper house keep is not done properly).
Nairaland got lots of data that can generate immeasurable stream of revenue. We can workout Data team for the new dream.

@seun, My DM is open for discussion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Shollay20(m): 9:57pm On Jan 01
JUST LEAVE THIS FORUM LIKE THIS ANY MORE BAN OR PERMANENT BAN YOUR TRAFFIC WILL FALL LIKE RAINFALL. JUST WORK ON TRIBERLICS AND HATE SPEECH.

3 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by 12inchess: 9:57pm On Jan 01
mrjojo:
Nairaland is a 2 billion naira worth at the minimum of venture if seun decide to take it seriously

Seun still runs this as a side of side project from his "cubicle" in sango-ota .

Knowing Seun to be an introvert who doesn't like the spot light or want to be popular just as myself, if I were him

I will

Run Nairaland as a business' by

1. Opening a physical office space in Lagos, Abuja, Sango-ota as HQ

2. Employ a CEO to run it while I continue to serve as founder and CTO

3. Employ a full team of enginneers, UX front end designers, marketers

Manage

1. Front page should be very current with update as it happens, ( I see a news/even on instablog and see it days after on the frontpage), alot of people only visit the front page, so it must be regularly updated and of high quality

2. limit posting to some section for new accounts, like have some way you rank accounts, new account should have a 3 month sandbox restriction.

3. make it impossible to register multiple account from thesame device,

4. Use text verification and real email ( no temp mails) for registration

5. Moderation : Each section should have atleast 2 mod and very active section 3 with 1 supermod.

6. Tribalism and hate speech should attract ban, device ban, email ban if possible an IP ban after two warnings

Buid

Implement new feature,

One of the allure of Nairaland is it simplistic UI and fast loading time

That doesn't need to change but it can be better,

1. Add Night mode, this will switch the background to black which is easy on the eyes at night, users can toggle on off

2. Add a bit of self moderation by adding a dislike button (when a comment has so many disikes, a moderator manually access if it should be hidden, users can still view the comment if clicked

3. An email system should be designed, communication stays on nairaland instead of third part email (all nairaland user get a user@nairaland.com email after 6 months of active usage provided the haven't been banned more than thrice,.

4. Build a robust ad management system, from creation, funding , moderation,

5.make it easy to share, the share button can be linked to whatsapp, fb, tiktok, IG, so when someone click on share they can also share outside the platform
a short url like naira.land will also make sharing easy

6. native ios/app with great push feature

mabe more later if I think of more

Everyone knows how to run Nairaland more than the genius innovator Seun. Sir go and create your own site abeg and manage it as you like

4 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Tunde835(m): 9:57pm On Jan 01
elipheleh:

A senior racist like you. Tribalist head
If i was a mod now i would've banned you for the trash you wrote. I could even start ban your ip address meaning you'll have to buy a new phone to access nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by bigfoot79(m): 9:59pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland's Founder.

Please take it easy on the UI/UX oh, we love hw NL looks now

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by bdon123(m): 9:59pm On Jan 01
During election u kept quiet wen people were being tribalistic.after u realised d drug lord u were trying to protect is failing at governance ....u come dey do u turn.oga seun u protected those that were pro tinubu n insulting other cultures on nairaland.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by XAUBulls: 10:00pm On Jan 01
sukkot:
hehe i agree
Indeed... I had to tag you because you're a VETERAN moderator here on NL (and might want to chip in some insightful new advice on how rev up NL experience)... I hope I'm not sounding like you're an older U.S. Marine Vietnam War "veteran" from the 1960s). grin

Happy New Year (2014) once again Sukkot!/
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by 12inchess: 10:01pm On Jan 01
ibinaboonline:
Finally. Long overdue. My two cents: there's a reason Nairaland has kept growing after all these years and with next to zero upgrades. It goes to show that the concept and delivery is watertight. So, don't change it except to improve the user experience. I'll recommend eradicating tribalism as the priority.

Yinmu..Tribalism can never leave Nairaland so long as Nigerians themselves are tribalistic.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by 12inchess: 10:02pm On Jan 01
bdon123:
During election u kept quiet wen people were being tribalistic.after u realised d drug lord u were trying to protect is failing at governance ....u come dey do u turn.oga seun u protected those that were pro tinubu n insulting other cultures on nairaland.
Seun is pro Tinubu. Elon Musk is Republican leaning and Mark Zuckerberg is Democrat leaning. So what is you point?

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by ChiefOkporghe: 10:02pm On Jan 01
mrjojo:
Nairaland is a 2 billion naira worth at the minimum of venture if seun decide to take it seriously

Seun still runs this as a side of side project from his "cubicle" in sango-ota .

Knowing Seun to be an introvert who doesn't like the spot light or want to be popular just as myself, if I were him

I will

Run Nairaland as a business' by

1. Opening a physical office space in Lagos, Abuja, Sango-ota as HQ

2. Employ a CEO to run it while I continue to serve as founder and CTO

3. Employ a full team of enginneers, UX front end designers, marketers

Manage

1. Front page should be very current with update as it happens, ( I see a news/even on instablog and see it days after on the frontpage), alot of people only visit the front page, so it must be regularly updated and of high quality

2. limit posting to some section for new accounts, like have some way you rank accounts, new account should have a 3 month sandbox restriction.

3. make it impossible to register multiple account from thesame device,

4. Use text verification and real email ( no temp mails) for registration

5. Moderation : Each section should have atleast 2 mod and very active section 3 with 1 supermod.

6. Tribalism and hate speech should attract ban, device ban, email ban if possible an IP ban after two warnings

Buid

Implement new feature,

One of the allure of Nairaland is it simplistic UI and fast loading time

That doesn't need to change but it can be better,

1. Add Night mode, this will switch the background to black which is easy on the eyes at night, users can toggle on off

2. Add a bit of self moderation by adding a dislike button (when a comment has so many disikes, a moderator manually access if it should be hidden, users can still view the comment if clicked

3. An email system should be designed, communication stays on nairaland instead of third part email (all nairaland user get a user@nairaland.com email after 6 months of active usage provided the haven't been banned more than thrice,.

4. Build a robust ad management system, from creation, funding , moderation,

5.make it easy to share, the share button can be linked to whatsapp, fb, tiktok, IG, so when someone click on share they can also share outside the platform
a short url like naira.land will also make sharing easy

6. native ios/app with great push feature

mabe more later if I think of more

Seun should also build the Tech section to be something like how Radar dot Techcabal was.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by superCleanworks(m): 10:03pm On Jan 01
SavageMaster:
This moniker was opened in 2020 Sir. Was your pioneer moniker banned? grin

Please show me where I said I have been on this platform with this moniker since 2005? Was it banned? Did I lose my password? Did I return under a new registration? WHAT IS IT TO YOU?
Learn to apply objectivity and be mature to check relevance when you question people.
Many users have been avid users of this website for over 5 years and still not registered. Does it change anything?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About Year 2013 / How To Advertise On Nairaland / Enugu Woman Fakes Her Own Kidnapping And Demands Ransom From Her Own Husband!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.