Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) (37661 Views)

Terdoo Bendega: Man Records Sexual Intercourse With Ladies, Sells Nudes / Suspected Kidnapping Syndicate Arrested In Imo (Photo) / Man Records ‘sex Movie’ Inside Osun Grove, Shares On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by izubext007: 8:47pm On Jan 02
He should have raised an alarm 🚨 or ram his car 🚙 on the jeep. Clout chaser
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by etrange: 8:51pm On Jan 02
thesicilian:
The man was probably more interested in getting the video for his social media engagement than actually saving the lady. But however true or untrue that may be, he has done his own little part of raising alarm and gathering little evidence.
The police should now focus on using that as a stepping stone to investigate further, instead of quarrelling with him for not doing more.

@bolded, that's not a fair thing to say, sir. He did more than most people would do.

He said "for the record: I raised an alarm, called on area boys, but most hesitated. The driver got back in the car and drove off. I followed the car around V.I, hoping to see a policeman to report to, but none was on the route they followed. They later started driving back."

He's not a trained security expert. He did what he believed was the right thing. Let's not question his intentions, even if we do not agree with his actions.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by VaginaAcademic: 8:52pm On Jan 02
Babangidapikin:
Shey the plate number is there for the police to follow up..
na plate of pepper soup and beer dem day follow o
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by jaxxy(m): 9:02pm On Jan 02
Hmmm
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by rollywise(m): 9:10pm On Jan 02
That DSP must be really mad. Instead of commending the man's bravery he's asking useless questions. What if they had a gun? To even help people in distress in Nigeria is highly discouraging because of the way the police will eventually robe you into the case and if care is not taken you become the accused. You see a wounded person by the way side and decides to help to the hospital and the person eventually dies in your car, oh my God. You go explain taya and no evidence. You go sleep cell, spend money on top lawyer and then your spirit begins to tell you, why you no just mind your business😂🤣. Naija for life
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by thesicilian: 9:24pm On Jan 02
etrange:

@bolded, that's not a fair thing to say, sir. He did more than most people would do.

He said "for the record: I raised an alarm, called on area boys, but most hesitated. The driver got back in the car and drove off. I followed the car around V.I, hoping to see a policeman to report to, but none was on the route they followed. They later started driving back."

He's not a trained security expert. He did what he believed was the right thing. Let's not question his intentions, even if we do not agree with his actions.
You're basing your opinion based on what he said. I am basing mine base on what he did, as evidenced by his own video. And we both have the right to question his intentions and actions. And funny enough I never said I disagreed with his actions.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by thesicilian: 9:26pm On Jan 02
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by NAC1666: 9:30pm On Jan 02
Glimpsetv:
Man Records a Suspected Kidnapping of a Lady in Broad Daylight

A man recorded a suspected kidnapping of a lady in broad daylight on New Year's Day in Lagos and posted it on X, formerly known as Twitter, tagging the police for possible action. The video shows a lady attempting to open the car door from the back seat, but it appears that another person sitting with her at the back is pulling her away from exiting the vehicle.

After a while, the driver exited and moved to the back seat door, activating the child lock to prevent the car from being opened from the inside, then returned to the car and quickly drove off.

However, a police handle on X named DSP Bright Edafe PPRO DE responded, "I sincerely hope you had the emergency numbers for Lagos Command and called them before recording and posting. That would have worked faster. Plus, you should have tried raising an alarm and confronting them."

In response, the man who posted the video commented, "For the record: I raised an alarm, called on area boys, but most hesitated. The driver got back in the car and drove off. I followed the car around V.I, hoping to see a policeman to report to, but none was on the route they followed. They later started driving back."

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the man should have exited his car instead of just recording and confronting the suspects? But what if they had a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgpAQTccORE

Why not bash the car and pretend it was a mistake
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by BadBradley: 9:36pm On Jan 02
ekelebeXstunner:
I don’t believe everything I see on the internet. This fit be comedy skit.
it's a poorly executed skit.

Generation of deceivers and dubious minds.

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by thesicilian: 9:37pm On Jan 02
NAC1666:

Why not bash the car and pretend it was a mistake
Lol.
You watch too many movies.
Assuming he was wrong and it was just a boyfriend girlfriend issue for example, will he not become liable for damages? You might even be surprised the girl would be the first person to tear him a hot slap.
And even if they were actually kidnappers, they could still come out of the car, beat him up, rob him and drive off with the girl or both of them, before the police shows up. Remember this is Nigeria where everyone would rather take pictures and videos than helping out
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Precious452(f): 9:54pm On Jan 02
BBIA:

If they kidnap you, the pity I will have most is for your Kpekus 😩

You're a twisted pervert. Kidnappers won't see me. No need for your pity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by purples25(f): 11:05pm On Jan 02
Once, when my family was being robbed at night, my mother and I escaped to the neighbors' house, where we called the police. That same night, as it was going on.

They arrived in the early hours of morning, like reporters coming to collect a news story.

3 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by sslcrypt: 11:13pm On Jan 02
No account should you engage it you are not armed. The driver did the right thing by not stepping out, the only leverage he had which was the area boys didn't respond. They would have acted a force multiplier because it will galvanize ordinary citizens to join.

He could easily have been rammed, but only a trained personnel would have had the capacity to shoot the tires or maneuver to a safe distance in front of the vehicle and killed the engine with couple of shots. But they will have it in mind that the criminals will also be armed, so things can escalate pretty fast.

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by nnamdi640: 11:17pm On Jan 02
The other day druggie, was telling up that security has improved.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by 5ThChild: 11:36pm On Jan 02
purples25:
Once, when my family was being robbed at night, my mother and I escaped to the neighbors' house, where we called the police. That same night, as it was going on.

They arrived in the early hours of morning, like reporters coming to collect a news story.
grin grin
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:00am On Jan 03
Na Ogun go kill that bastard DSP Bright Edafe...

I need to create an X account and start following these stupid bastards (IGP, CP, and all the criminal police men) ASAP...

Na curse I go take destroy Una lives with Una useless work wey Una dey do...

Nigeria police my foot...

Ogun kill u there!
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by pargelenis(m): 12:09am On Jan 03
Solicitt:
Please dear… Access BankKellyyMonday
scammer … you cannot even write your full account number on one line because it will be blocked. Shameless human being - go and look for a job instead of scamming people!
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by CaptainFM1: 1:08am On Jan 03
ekelebeXstunner:

Comedy skits have made so many people not to react appropriately nowadays. Because we like to film and post on social media instead of calling the appropriate authorities to come to the rescue immediately, it makes it difficult to know what to believe again.

I don't blame Gen Z's though. Skit industry has probably employed more youth in recent years.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Bigchristo: 1:31am On Jan 03
Glimpsetv:
Man Records a Suspected Kidnapping of a Lady in Broad Daylight

A man recorded a suspected kidnapping of a lady in broad daylight on New Year's Day in Lagos and posted it on X, formerly known as Twitter, tagging the police for possible action. The video shows a lady attempting to open the car door from the back seat, but it appears that another person sitting with her at the back is pulling her away from exiting the vehicle.

After a while, the driver exited and moved to the back seat door, activating the child lock to prevent the car from being opened from the inside, then returned to the car and quickly drove off.

However, a police handle on X named DSP Bright Edafe PPRO DE responded, "I sincerely hope you had the emergency numbers for Lagos Command and called them before recording and posting. That would have worked faster. Plus, you should have tried raising an alarm and confronting them."

In response, the man who posted the video commented, "For the record: I raised an alarm, called on area boys, but most hesitated. The driver got back in the car and drove off. I followed the car around V.I, hoping to see a policeman to report to, but none was on the route they followed. They later started driving back."

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the man should have exited his car instead of just recording and confronting the suspects? But what if they had a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgpAQTccORE

with all the effort this person put to make sure the lady get help from the police department it all went in vain because first Nigeria polic force don’t respond to emergency calls or swing into action except they are mobilized with fuel money and some little Eguje they don’t even want to work for the safety of Nigerians their daily target is to prey on innocent road users to extort them but when it comes to protecting lives and properties they have zero control

2 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheSourcerer: 2:39am On Jan 03
Indispensable85:
I don't think it's a kidnapping scene. More like a family dispute. In a typical kidnap scenerio, everybody knows their duties. The driver would not leave his steering to attend to the kidnapped victim. There'll be somebody with her in the back seat to do the job.
True and he looks too calm to be a kidnapper almost losing his victim ......

I belive she has mental issues , and he the driver probably thought it best to secure her from inside , plus this looks like a family car and not one for kidnap(too much space) plus e no dey hard Nigerians gather themselves at the slightest suspicion of a kidnap , hence the reason the X OP did not necessarily raise alarm as he would have if it was let's say his daughter been kidnapped . plus it would be easier just knocking her out instead of taking such risk of leaving the door opened and her awake , plus the X OP maes the story sound very sensational for a kidnap , again these are my speculations from viewing the facts of the case

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheSourcerer: 2:44am On Jan 03
Dennisochampa:
This doesn't make sense to me for various reasons...
1. Real kidnappers will notice the car behind at such a close range.
2. It's a busy road and the man taking the videos could have easily alerted everyone to the situation and they all can intercept the vehicle
3. When the driver exited the vehicle, who was driving it?
4. Where did they take the woman from?
For some reason I believe this was done for clout ,and more could have been done for the woman if he truly thought it was a kidnap , say it was his child or parent , definately would have found a way to stop the car , esp when it clearly stopped and the op Behind him, creating awareness (not necessarily violent awareness ) but one of civilian walefare check to see if the woman is alright or at most mentally unstable an been checked by her driver. He looks too calm to be in the middle of an active kidnap

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Dennisochampa: 2:48am On Jan 03
TheSourcerer:
For some reason I belive this was done for clout ,and mor could have been done for the woman if he truly tought it was a kidnap , say it was his child or parent , definately would have found a way to stop the car , esp when it clearly stopped and the op Behind him, creating awareness (not necessarily violent awareness ) but one of civilian walefare check to see if the woman is alright or at most mentally unstable an been checked by her driver. He looks too calm to be in the middle of an active kidnap
.... True

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheSourcerer: 2:53am On Jan 03
Smithwilliams826:
If to say na white people, them for don use their own vehicle hit the the kidnappers own. But for here, na to dey video record
or at least a civilian walfare check .there were traffic stops I'm sure and at traffic stops there are usually patrol cars. If it were his children or parents been 'kidnapped' I'm sure the whole mob would have caught up with the vehicle and the mystery solved at least , but here he just records says he called on area boys but 'most' hesitated? They hesitated? and how about the others sect of the area boys that did not hesitate, what did they do to stop the car Are you the only driver that saw this ? How come no one else tried to help foil the 'kidnap'?
Typically the average area boy is actively waiting for a random 'ole' 'ole' shout or 'gbomogbomo' to pounce immediately on the suspected kidnappers ,idk but i dont feel this is a kidnap nor do I feel the X OP intended to foil this 'kidnap'

My take , A mentally Ill woman been taken care off (outside his duty of course ) by her driver , it could be a thousand of things but a kidnap ? Way too calm a video to be a kidnap.

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheSourcerer: 2:56am On Jan 03
ekelebeXstunner:
Nah not a skit , probably misinformation ,deliberate or not but its definately not adding up to be active kidnap ,hence you believing it to be a skit.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheSourcerer: 2:59am On Jan 03
alpharoyalty:
If only we have a working Police system 😞😞
The police does not even know we have serial killers in Nigeria ( save for David west ) ,
Trust me the average Nigerian police gas no idea humans kill for thrill and not just for ritual or out of anger or of passion .
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheSourcerer: 3:02am On Jan 03
illicit:
I don't think that's a kidnapping...

Well with the facts of the case on ground ,I doubt its a kidnapping. It reallydosnt add up, from been the only driver seeing this to not seeing any cops at stops . I know for a fact if this was his family member , more would have been done to foil the 'kidnap'

For some reason I believe this could be a matter of a mentally ill woman and her Driver trying to secure her . Again its Nigeria (Lagos) so yeah .

Would love to hear you opinion though.

Hi illicit smiley

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheSourcerer: 3:05am On Jan 03
CaptainFM1:

Comedy skits have made so many people not to react appropriately nowadays. Because we like to film and post on social media instead of calling the appropriate authorities to come to the rescue immediately, it makes it difficult to know what to believe again.

I don't blame Gen Z's though. Skit industry has probably employed more youth in recent years.
Well True .
Imagine calling the cops now or trying to intervene now only been told its a skit and there's a camera at you face whole time . ..
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheSourcerer: 3:14am On Jan 03
izubext007:
He should have raised an alarm 🚨 or ram his car 🚙 on the jeep. Clout chaser
I believe he didn't do neither because he knows he would be in the wrong , but felt the 'average Nigerian' should believe its a kidnap because he posted it was one.
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheSourcerer: 3:17am On Jan 03
etrange:

I get you totally but in a place like Lagos VI ,he claimed he tailed them , I'm pretty sure there are cops and cop cars stationed at every traffic light stop, even Traffic warders , again if it were his children or mother in the car he would Definately have found a way to stop the pathfinder
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheSourcerer: 3:19am On Jan 03
Precious452:

You're a twisted pervert. Kidnappers won't see me. No need for your pity.
He is , Happy you'll know they do not constitute the majority of Nigerian men ,sadly though online they reign ,you have a good day buddy smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Dressed In Military Uniforms Arrested By Benue Police (Photos) / Lady Claims Her Friend’s Panties Were Sold For Rituals, Breaks Down In Tears / Female Child Kidnapper Caught In Lagos Beaten & Disgraced By Mob(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.