Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny (402 Views)

Dear Igbos - It Is Time To Abandon Nnamdi Kanu / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / It Sounds Impossible For Me To Lose The 2019 Elections - President Buhari Brags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by PressMyButton: 9:57pm On Jan 02
When has a group whereby more than half the population of igbos became unfit on social media?. Why has i'pob become vulgar or a foul word?.. Is that not an organization purportedly fighting for the freedom of igbos?. I'm pretty sure igbos themselves must have asked NL to censor the word, probably they feel insulted being referred to as i'pobs.
Nobody can censor OPC, it is an identity and Yoruba are so much proud of it.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by Beremx(f): 10:05pm On Jan 02
IPOB people

☝️

Not true
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by Bulldozer90: 10:06pm On Jan 02
I see
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by PressMyButton: 10:08pm On Jan 02
NL only censors abusive/derisive words. Why i'pobs?, i feel like it's an insult to igbos to have censored their identity.

1 Like

Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by Totilopussylick(m): 10:09pm On Jan 02
Is true.

I experienced it 3 days ago
Beremx:
IPOB people

☝️

Not true
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by PressMyButton: 10:10pm On Jan 02
Beremx:
IPOB people

Not true
add an 's' to it.
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by jarkbauer: 10:12pm On Jan 02
Ipob

1 Like

Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by PressMyButton: 10:14pm On Jan 02
So, you guys feel insulted being called i'pobs?, unbelievable!

1 Like

Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by Totilopussylick(m): 10:17pm On Jan 02
Once you arrived in Europe and tell them you are ipob member. You'll be protected tongue
PressMyButton:
So, you guys feel insulted being called Igbos?, unbelievable!

2 Likes

Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by PressMyButton: 10:24pm On Jan 02
Totilopussylick:
Once you arrived in Europe and tell them you are ipob member. You'll be protected tongue
They are recognised in europe still. I haven't seen any platforms where Nazi/Nazis is being censored.
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by nedu666: 10:24pm On Jan 02
PressMyButton:
When has a group whereby more than half the population of igbos became unfit on social media?. Why has i'pob become vulgar or a foul word?.. Is that not an organization purportedly fighting for the freedom of igbos?. I'm pretty sure igbos themselves must have asked NL to censor the word, probably they feel insulted being referred to as i'pobs.

Nuc needs to approve an award degree called Yoruba obsession with lgbo affairs. 10 years or more is OK to study that course

4 Likes

Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by PressMyButton: 10:29pm On Jan 02
Easy to predict that "ipob" would be changed to "igbo" anytime soon.
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by Goodvibes007: 10:29pm On Jan 02
PressMyButton:
Nobody can censor OPC, it is an identity and Yoruba are so much proud of it. That means we now have to type the name in full.

Nairaland dey tire person some time.
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by pandoragirigory: 10:33pm On Jan 02
Sometimes you have pamper and avoid mad dogs so that you wouldn't die of rabies
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by PressMyButton: 10:37pm On Jan 02
nedu666:

Nuc needs to approve an award degree called Yoruba obsession with lgbo affairs. 10 years or more is OK to study that course

You must have been so ashamed of being called i'pobs that you reported it to NL to have it censored.

1 Like

Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by pongwa(m): 10:39pm On Jan 02
Igbos will never agree
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by SayGod: 10:40pm On Jan 02
PressMyButton:

Every time Fight for Freedom of igbos … freedom from what and to what…Ipob is entity far removed from us Igbos. Reality, that entity is violent. It’s much better they are censored before these people drag their father Igbo to trouble.

Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by PressMyButton: 10:50pm On Jan 02
SayGod:
Many would disagree with you, there's a reason they rally behind Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by Tap0lane: 12:03am On Jan 03
Ipob
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by Jeon(f): 12:10am On Jan 03
Igbos
But Igbos is still here

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by Beremx(f): 6:33am On Jan 03
Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by Ola9ja23: 7:46am On Jan 03
NL protecting IPOB like a vulnerable premature baby 😀🤣🤣

They can't match the pressure from the most sophisticated black people

1 Like

Re: Has Nairaland Changed I'pobs To Igbos?, It Sounds Funny by Eteka1(m): 7:56am On Jan 03
Igbos. It's true.

(1) (Reply)

N44bn Fraud: PDP Demands Betta Edu’s Sack, Prosecution / Nnamdi Kanu Shocks The World, Makes Bold Announcement From Detention / Where Are The Buhari Rice Pyramids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.