Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) (53617 Views)

$28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) / Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) / Ifeanyichukwu Hezekiah, Ugwu Stephen, Amalum Chikamso's Locally Made Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by FireUpNow(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03
If truly how tools and project book was stolen then that's bad.
Check my signature below ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by ClearFlair: 5:07pm On Jan 03
From consumption to production. Peter Obi truly understands what development entails

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by yetmao: 5:07pm On Jan 03
He go shock that people behind his failure are his kinsmen

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by dododawa1: 5:07pm On Jan 03
Follow
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by NeckingNgulping(m): 5:07pm On Jan 03
MisterBanny:
Who can assist me with 4k pls. It's very important. Thank you

Check your account, i have sent it.
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by CoronaVirusPro: 5:07pm On Jan 03
Israel stole his idea! They destroyed it.

They knew the car was going to help the South Africans in their struggle for freedom.

The South Africans were already banking on production to aid their fight, and Israel got the information and sent their agents to Nigeria to destroy the design and workshop.

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Walai(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03
You have started this new year with begging.
Is begging hereditary to your lineage?

MisterBanny:
Who can assist me with 4k pls. It's very important. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by JJBROS(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03
His dreams was ended by the enemies of NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by seunayantokun(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03
Morbeta11:
Nigeria is a dream killer.....
No, blame fulani-controlled federal government of a country where there is no true federalism.
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by DONFRANSKID(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03
D
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Theunbothered: 5:10pm On Jan 03
If you say Nigeria kills dreams one hungry gorilla will barge into your mentions screaming bloody murder. undecided

Meanwhile the gorilla is queuing at the embassy looking for a way out.

5 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Seismic0070: 5:12pm On Jan 03
Make una Dey play
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by iykofias(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03
Creamypie:
Mtchew. That na moto?person go couple engine from parts for workshop, add axle, body, gear shaft. I can tell u that he didnt even produce a bolt I that car, but took em from shops
Whatโ€™s stopping you from assembling yours?
Or you donโ€™t know the workshop to source for parts?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by ceejayluv(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03
Kudos to him but I seriously doubt the story that the design book was stolen by armed Men. It smacks of conspiracy theory fodder.

As at 2006, there were CAD tools he could have used for designing.

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by ceejayluv(m): 5:14pm On Jan 03
CoronaVirusPro:
Israel stole his idea! They destroyed it.

They knew the car was going to help the South Africans in their struggle for freedom.

The South Africans were already banking on production to aid their fight, and Israel got the information and sent their agents to Nigeria to destroy the design and workshop.
Which fight?.. apartheid ended in 1994.

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Segxydube: 5:15pm On Jan 03
BOSSkesh:
Is this one car
Always with their inferior and substandard products

U be mumu... If govt support dem wont they produce standard ones?

Illiterate

3 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by pafun(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03

4 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by pafun(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03
XAUBulls:

In actual FACT... The Autonov1, made in the 1970s by the famous and iconic UNILAG Engineer, Professor Ayodele Oluwatumininu Awojobi (12 March 1937 โ€“ 23 September 1984) is the first Nigerian produced vehicle.

FACT!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by iamjavadem(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03
Only a daydreamer will believe this was made 90% locally. How did he make all the mechanical parts, engine block and so on. Even innoson and gac and Co dey assemble. Just sensational story.

4 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Fearyourcreator: 5:17pm On Jan 03
SharingIsLife:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izuogu_Z-600

First, he produced the prototype but the government refused to support the mass-production for 8 years. In the 9th year, South Africa began to show interest but the same government sent their demons to come and ensure it would never happen by taking everything that would make this possible.

Millions of this kind of thing have happened. Now, if someone says he's fed up with Nigeria, the low soul reptiles can't understand why.

Nlfpmod
Na must it should be government, why his community or tribe no support am... All those go fund me nonsense most of you dey do for nonsense cause ... Must it be government Everytime...

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by chidooh1: 5:17pm On Jan 03
The same wrong leadership mentality and suppression of ideas to achieve wildspread poverty and hardship. Nigeria is never ready to help the common man, don't you see the amount to clear vehicles today and petrol price, all these are the tools by government to make sure the common man dies of frustration and hardship.

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Blaze14k: 5:17pm On Jan 03
datola:
I knew this man way back then. He used come to our law office..

Very brilliant man!

You must be in your late 60's or 70's

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Jozibrainz100: 5:21pm On Jan 03
Sanctity1:
Igbo Amaka

The write up says; Ezekiel Izuogu produced Nigeria first car and not Igbo's first car....
You all like coming with all this tribal shit when an achievement is mentioned...
A united Nigeria begins with you and i

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Kingray10: 5:21pm On Jan 03
Raskimonojendor:
Good for him.

Reassemble of Renault and Peugeot 504. Maybe that's why it suffered setback. Copyright theft issues likely.
It's people like you that sent armed men to his shop to kill his dream

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by SharingIsLife(m): 5:22pm On Jan 03
Fearyourcreator:

Na must it should be government, why his community or tribe no support am... All those go fund me nonsense most of you dey do for nonsense cause ... Must it be government Everytime...
You think he did what he did without any support from his community? There is a reason why government exists. If government cannot play its role, then there is no reason why we should have government.

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by XAUBulls: 5:30pm On Jan 03
pafun:

FACT!
Indeed my bro. I've just added a link in my original post. The level of historical misinformation online is getting too much.

Prof Awojobi invented Autonov1 in the 1970s and he passed on in 1984. How then can anyone say that a car locally made in 1997 is the first locally made car in Nigeria? This is the height of fallacy from the so-called @AfricaFacts which has some misleading information on it.

=>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonov_1

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by SharingIsLife(m): 5:37pm On Jan 03
XAUBulls:

The Autonov1, which was made in the 1970s by the famous and iconic UNILAG Engineer, Professor Ayodele Oluwatumininu Awojobi (12 March 1937 - 23 September 1984) is the FIRST Nigerian produced vehicle.

Those of us who are older can indeed confirm the historical FACT that the Autonov1 was produced many years before 1997. Please it's very important for historical facts to be checked before posting misleading info on NL and online and @AfricaFacts on X is becoming a non-credible site for getting accurate information.

Sir, the Autonov 1 was a great invention. I'm very happy to know about it. And I'm grateful to you for sharing it. But, try to understand why, not only AfricaFactZone but also Wikipedia says that Z-600 was the first fully indigenous car made in Nigeria. It's because over 90% of Z-600 parts were sourced locally but Autonov 1 was made from an abandoned Leyland Jeep.

Whatever be the case, both Autonov 1 and Z-600 and more and more prove that Nigeria has been a dream killer for a long time.

3 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by yahoodetector: 5:37pm On Jan 03
XAUBulls:

The Autonov1, which was made in the 1970s by the famous and iconic UNILAG Engineer, Professor Ayodele Oluwatumininu Awojobi (12 March 1937 - 23 September 1984) is the FIRST Nigerian produced vehicle.

Those of us who are older can indeed confirm the historical FACT that the Autonov1 was produced many years before 1997. Please it's very important for historical facts to be checked before posting misleading info on NL and online and @AfricaFacts on X is becoming a non-credible site for getting accurate information.

And what is the essence of this rubbish you just posted? What has it got to do with the topic?

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by SAMAJ: 5:40pm On Jan 03
"Armed men broke into his factory and stole his tools and design book in 2006."

Na Igbo be the enemies of Igbo.
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by princeabdul(m): 5:45pm On Jan 03

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innoson Produces CNG Vehicles, Asks Nigerians To Say Bye To Petrol / Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) / Oyinbo Woman Finds Massive Python In Her Car Garage(graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.