Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? (30936 Views)

At What Age Did You Stop Bathing Outside?? / At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / A Nigerian Man Bathing His Newborn Baby (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by AlabiKILLER2023: 12:36pm On Jan 05
Capernum:
I want to know too... I so much love bathing my girl. She's such an amazing jewel. It's always fun and amazing throwing her up after birth and hearing her laugh out loud.

Swear sey you no dey touch her

tinini tanana
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by MrBroke(m): 12:37pm On Jan 05
Jeezuzpick:

Bruh.

I bathed my sons.

Make I allow stress off my wife?

She should cook breakfast for all of us and still bathe the boys? Haba!

The boys are able-bodied youths now, so, no bathing since years ago.

I didn't bathe no daughters, though.

Don't have any.

I like the fact you didn't bathe no daughter.
Well done
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Ensquare(m): 12:37pm On Jan 05
16 years when hair start growing
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Deogratiasfx: 12:39pm On Jan 05
We4all:

He doesn't need to wash down there because it isn't necessary for her age. He can just splash water on it and that's all. The reason female adults wash down there is because of the things that go in there and of course comes out.

What kind of advice is this? So even a boy if u just splash water and you expect it not to smell? Not to talk of a girl child. Pls use ur hand to wash everything until she can do it herself

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Emma1Oj(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05
Beremx:
Bathing your daughter isn't the problem. How do you wash her private part without your hand touching there especially when she can't wash it herself?
whats the solutions to your mentioned/observation?
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Emmanuel30a: 12:43pm On Jan 05
Kobojunkie:
A mother could equally ask at what age should mothers stop bathing their boys, and you get an idea of what the issue really should be. When doing things for your kids, you do it to teach then them how to do it for themselves eventually. The child should be able to let you know when he/she can do it for herself when that time comes, or at least that she would like to try it for herself then. lipsrsealed
Let them bath demselves &4 demselves... If u bath or takes ur bath, it is 4 urself... If u can't birth urself/if u don't births urselves, u shud be able 2 bath urselves... Look at urself or look after urself, look at urself or looks at ur shelf...? Maybe u wants 2 looks at or looks after Mr Chef..., instead of looking at urself&after urself...? Even bats do bath themselves, since or if dey can't gives birth 2 themselves;&when u baths, u don't baths with an hat or whilst putting on an hat, it isn't a work of art. U don't owns d heart let alone the earth, let ur heart...
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by miqos02(m): 12:45pm On Jan 05
Dilijingsly:
Am a family man and taking care of my children is not a big issue, my daughter is a year and a old . The big question is at what age should i stop bathing her?
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Emmanuel30a: 12:47pm On Jan 05
Emmanuel30a:
Let them bath demselves &4 demselves... If u bath or takes ur bath, it is 4 urself... If u can't birth urself/if u don't births urselves, u shud be able 2 bath urselves... Look at urself or look after urself, look at urself or looks at ur shelf...? Maybe u wants 2 looks at or looks after Mr Chef..., instead of looking at urself&after urself...? Even bats do bath themselves, since or if dey can't gives birth 2 themselves;&when u baths, u don't baths with an hat or while putting on an hat, it isn't a work of art. U don't owns the heart let alone the earth, let ur heart...
teaches you how to bath or how to takes your heart, not some works of art or works on art... Bats don't sleeps on mats, neither do they wear hats before they takes their baths; else you would sees bats at Walmarts trying or wanting to buy mats and footmats...
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by 43Ronin: 12:49pm On Jan 05
We4all:

He doesn't need to wash down there because it isn't necessary for her age. He can just splash water on it and that's all. The reason female adults wash down there is because of the things that go in there and of course comes out.
Wrong does the toddler not wear pampers? Or even if she doesn't, doesn't she use the toilet in her school? If you fo not clean there, her skin will start reacting in a few days

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Agrimerc(m): 12:52pm On Jan 05
Dilijingsly:
Am a family man and taking care of my children is not a big issue, my daughter is a year and a old . The big question is at what age should i stop bathing her?

It depends on the child's intelligence. Should your child/girl be a non-trainable and totally dependable child with disability you can continue bathing for her forever. An average child should be trained to be independent.

Where is the mother?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by WHITELIGHTER: 12:52pm On Jan 05
What about mom bathing her son?

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by luminouz(m): 12:54pm On Jan 05
Beremx:
I disagree with you. A female privates needs to be washed whether a baby, toddler, teen or full adult.
I never hear this one before o!

Girl wey never marry or born children dey advise you and you dey listen to her? That one no know anything na

I support your opinion. You are a mother and you have been in the game a while
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by WhoIBe: 12:54pm On Jan 05
At what age should a mother stop bathing his son?

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Peacfulmindset: 12:54pm On Jan 05
6 years.
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by ADURA123(m): 12:54pm On Jan 05
Kobojunkie:
A mother could equally ask at what age should mothers stop bathing their boys, and you get an idea of what the issue really should be. When doing things for your kids, you do it to teach then them how to do it for themselves eventually. The child should be able to let you know when he/she can do it for herself when that time comes, or at least that she would like to try it for herself then. lipsrsealed

Absolutely correct, i stop bathing my Senior daughter at age 7, she said she can do it by herself, i encourage her to bath well and be very clean.

Same for the senior boy, I believe it will in a long run help them to be independent and hygiene conscious. Complements of the season.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by luminouz(m): 12:54pm On Jan 05
madscientist88:
you don't wash kids privates with your hands,all you do is splash water,girls private is self cleaning, putting soap would upset the ph and cause problems.

You say whaaaaat?😳
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by franchasofficia: 12:55pm On Jan 05
tuzle:
there are sometimes the mother isn't around and the child is left with the father. Only people with negative mindset imagine things like this. I see nothing wrong with a father bathing his children whether girl or boy. We don't ask the same question for the mother too so why should we ask for the man. There was this neighbor of mine whose wife is a doctor and she has a lot of night shifts, so most times the man is always the one preparing the children for school and other stuff.
cool
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by oguns222: 12:56pm On Jan 05
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Once you don notice say two small mangoes don dey vex comot out from her chest,stop am.

Stop bathing her once she's 5 or 6 years old
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by OKOATA(m): 12:56pm On Jan 05
My 6yr old daughter always call me to bath her back because she knows she can bath herself at that age, since her hands can't get to her back and I do it or her mom does the full bathing for her.
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by NwaliE01: 12:56pm On Jan 05
Capernum:
I want to know too... I so much love bathing my girl. She's such an amazing jewel. It's always fun and amazing throwing her up after birth and hearing her laugh out loud.

But you can still throw her up after your wife bath and cloth her.
The world today have made having physical contact with our girls children look evil.
The truth is that we don't want to expose them to those monsters on the street.
So, we apply caution from the get go.
I don't bath my baby girl because I have thought them no one is allowed to touch their private part except their mom or few anties. I think from ages 5 should be okay to stop showering her.
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Beremx(f): 12:56pm On Jan 05
luminouz:

Girl wey never marry or born children dey advise you and you dey listen to her? That one no know anything na

I support your opinion. You are a mother and you have been in the game a while
thanks dear I appreciate you
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by luminouz(m): 12:57pm On Jan 05
Jewessgratitud3:
Should a father even bathe the children in the first place? Ok, fine. I know sometimes they need to help the wifes out with some chores but how about choosing to do other things while the mother handles that?

We are all girls and I don't think my father ever bathe any of us. My Mom always had her sisters around to help out besides my dad was a very busy man in his days. So by 6am hes out of the house. weekends are his resting days after doing some major house cleaning which is not all the time.

Please let the women handle bathing of children.. if any man is itching to bathe his children let him go for the boys or forget about it altogether. There are other important things to help out with Biko.
This is so wrong!!! Why can't I bathe my own daughter? What are even talking about? So when the wife is busy or travelled, I should wash the boys and let shakabula bathe my daughter abi?

Your post just dey taya person

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:57pm On Jan 05
See all dem paedophiles! angry

MEN, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE BATHING YOUR GIRL CHILD/WARD AFTER 1 YEAR OLD.

No one is even asking where is the mummy!

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Mayeldah(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05
I still bath my girl child of six, probably when she is eight I can stop.

At 8 she can bath by herself all be it supervised.

You all should get rid of bad thoughts and let children be children

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by SharingIsLife(m): 12:59pm On Jan 05
madscientist88:
you don't wash kids privates with your hands,all you do is splash water,girls private is self cleaning, putting soap would upset the ph and cause problems.
You mean this? Self cleaning? Hmmmmm. Okay oh!
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by dalaman: 1:00pm On Jan 05
You start teaching her from age 5 how to bath, by age 8 she should be able to bath her self properly.
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by jaxxy(m): 1:01pm On Jan 05
We4all:

In my opinion, a 6 year old girl is old enough to bath herself. All you need to do is teach her basic hygiene and that's all.

Aslong as the dad is not a pervert he can bath her till any age when she can handle her bathing conveniently and safely. I would say like 8/10 years.

I think every dad should know this without asking jamb question.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:02pm On Jan 05
Is not about their body but about their mental and growth sense.....

So once you are bathing them, allow them bath as well then add little teachings ....

The day to stop will come, and you won't be told any longer.....
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by ezugegere(m): 1:04pm On Jan 05
My girls are 7 and I still brush and bathe them, and when they use the toilet, I have to clean them up. Maybe when they are 9 they should be able to take care of themselves.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by tiswell(m): 1:06pm On Jan 05
Jewessgratitud3:
Should a father even bathe the children in the first place? Ok, fine. I know sometimes they need to help the wifes out with some chores but how about choosing to do other things while the mother handles that?

We are all girls and I don't think my father ever bathe any of us. My Mom always had her sisters around to help out besides my dad was a very busy man in his days. So by 6am hes out of the house. weekends are his resting days after doing some major house cleaning which is not all the time.

Please let the women handle bathing of children.. if any man is itching to bathe his children let him go for the boys or forget about it altogether. There are other important things to help out with Biko.
most female kids are so attached to their fathers that they usually insist they eat with their dads,and have them(dads) bathe them.

Kids with proper father-daughter bonds turns out the best exports in marriages and social circles with a balanced psychology.

Most of the insecurities are mostly from gals raised by single moms and the ones with daddy-issues.

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by oliverwrites: 1:08pm On Jan 05
I stopped the day my first daughter was dressing and asked me to close my eyes. She was 5 ( now 8 ). I had to stop bathing for all three of them on that day. I just dress them instead now.

It is better to stop once they are 4-6. So that they don't normalise a man touching their private part and some idiots taking advantage.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don Peter Stayke Buys His Mother A Car On Her Birthday On Independence Day / Husband Cries Out As His Wife Welcomes A Quintuplet (photo) / My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.