Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) (28165 Views)

Wike Inspects Rail Transport Project, First Official Assignment / Wike Inspects Ongoing Works At Dr. Odili Cancer & Cardio Disease Center (Pix) / Wike Inspects Rebisi Flyover Bridge In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by Dannupawa: 10:31pm On Jan 04
… ASSURES OF THEIR COMPLETION BY MAY

1. Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike on Thursday, January 4, 2024 carried out an inspection tour of ongoing projects in the Federal Capital Territory.

2. The projects inspected include the expansion of the Outer Northern Expressway from Villa Roundabout to OSEX/Ring Road I (RRI) Junction, including four numbers of interchanges, being handled by the C.G.C Nig. Ltd; the Full scope Development of Arterial Road N20 from Northern Parkway to ONEX with spurs being undertaken by Gilmor and the official residence of the Vice President being undertaken by Julius Berger (Nig.PLC)

3. The Minister who explained that the inspection tour was informed by the directive of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs, to give account of their activities and achievements on a monthly basis, described the projects inspected as impactful to residents and the overall development of the FCT.

4. He said, “The holidays are over and Mr. President has given a marching order when he assented to the 2024 budget that all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) must give account of what they are doing and what they are able to achieve and I believe just as I’m here, so also other Ministers in their various offices are also carrying out their jobs.”

5. The Minister noted with satisfaction the quality of work at the various sites visited and commended the contractors for their efforts and commitment.

6. He also expressed confidence that the projects would be completed within the agreed time scheduled, adding that all promises made in the FCT will be fulfilled.

7. The Minister said, “As you can see, these are quality projects and we are very satisfied with what we have seen and we believe with the arrangements the contractors have made and put in place, these are things that would be commissioned during the President’s first year in office.

8. “I’m sure residents of Abuja have seen a different thing. No promise made that will not be fulfilled. All promises made will be fulfilled and we also want to commend the residents of Abuja for the support they have given to us”.

9. Speaking on the availability of funds, Barrister Wike disclosed that the FCT has received 50 percent of its N100 billion 2023 supplementary budget, following the directive of the President to the Minister of Finance to make the payment.

10. Barr. Wike said the availability of funds has given the hope that the contractors would be paid soon, adding that no project would be left uncompleted in the FCT as promised.

11. He said, “I’m happy to announce to you that the Minister of Finance has been able to release 50 percent of the National Supplementary budget and that in a way has given us that hope that the contractors would be paid anytime from now.

12. “We have also gotten the assent of the statutory supplementary budget which Mr. President assented to. That again has given us hope that no project will be left uncompleted as promised.”

ANTHONY OGUNLEYE

DIRECTOR OF PRESS

OFFICE OF THE HONOURABLE MINISTER

04/01/2024

FCTA/ODP/PR/476

PHOTOGRAPHS

1. FCT Minister, Barrister Nyesom Wike (2nd right) being briefed by Engr Yang, Project Manager in charge of the construction of the Outer Northern Expressway (ONEX) during the Minister's tour of ongoing projects on Thursday, January 4th, 2024 in Abuja

2. FCT Minister, Barrister Nyesom Wike (2nd right) being briefed by Engr. Taofiq Amusan of the FCDA, (3rd right) during during the Minister's tour of construction works at the N20 Arterial Road in Abuja on Thursday, January 4th, 2024

3. FCT Minister, Barrister Nyesom Wike (middle) inspecting construction works on the Outer Northern Expressway (ONEX), Abuja on Thursday, 4th January, 2024

4 FCT Minister, Barrister Nyesom Wike (2nd left) inspecting construction works of the residence of the Vice President in Abuja on Thursday, January 4th 2024

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by CoronaVirusPro: 10:31pm On Jan 04
Mr. Project!

Dude must be very good at getting the best out of contractors.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by DeZoro(m): 10:35pm On Jan 04
Why should it be foreigners that will construct road for us. You all the civil engineers we have are stup'id? Oh Nigeria !

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by Oscarchims: 5:30am On Jan 05
Mr pro pro...

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by olaiya2007(m): 5:30am On Jan 05
Ok
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by SoNature(m): 5:31am On Jan 05
One thing I like about Wike and Amaechi is that you cannot give them an office without them making an impact.

They did a good job as Rivers State governors and also did the same at federal level (Wike is on it), unlike Fashola that got 3 ministerial appointments without making a significant impact.

If you perform well as a minister, governorship go be moi-moi for you. Mr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo deserves to be the Governor of Ondo State in the future.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by ednut1(m): 5:31am On Jan 05
DeZoro:
Why should it be foreigners that will construct road for us. You all the civil engineers we have are stup'id? Oh Nigeria !
na then dey borrow us money to build those things. If you come to me to borrow you money for blocks and cement to build your house, and i have a brother or friend who sells them. Wont i tell you to patronize my brother or friend with the loan? You no sabi anything 😆.
You think the countries and institutions giving us loans are stupid. Its easier to steal the money when a Nigerian contractor is being used vs their own recommended people.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by donleo92(m): 5:32am On Jan 05
wike my man.

Please just reduce your intake of alcohol. it's so obvious that you are a lover of alcohol

3 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by adecz: 5:33am On Jan 05
Buhari kept and maintained one
dumb, clueless Fulani FCT Minister for 8 years..

The Minister's only achievement was the
sporadic demolition of private property,
and confiscating and allocating juicy
FCt lands to his Fulani & Muslimbrothers,
for 8 years, he built nothing.

During his era, El-rufai was demolishing
but also building, & love him or hate him,
El-rufai is a great Mr projects as demonstrated
in FCT and Kaduna, but he is a heartless
administrator.

Then we keep wondering why northern
Nigeria remains backwards, even when
power has been in their hands longer
than other regions.

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by crackhouse(m): 5:33am On Jan 05
The Mr project himself.. we are seeing your handwork in Abuja. Keep it up sir

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by SoNature(m): 5:35am On Jan 05
DeZoro:

I always tell people who think like this that globalisation is real, and we must embrace it. Imagine that the citizens of countries that Nigerians Japa to are asking the same question or don't you think that Nigérians take up the jobs of local people in those foreign countries?

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by Seyi8750: 5:36am On Jan 05
R
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by crackhouse(m): 5:36am On Jan 05
adecz:

Buhari kept and maintained one
dumb Fulani FCT Minister for 8 years..

The Minister's only achievement was the
sporadic demolition of private property,
and confiscating and allocating juicy
FCt lands to his Fulani & Muslimbrothers,
for 8 years, he built nothing.
he did absolutely nothing. I never knew that some roads that was constructed in Abuja some years ago has not been completed until now when wike came and completed the last stage of the roads

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by obi58: 5:37am On Jan 05
So these people still went ahead to waste billions of poor taxpayers money to build a residence for the VP after renovating where he is currently staying at Aso rock. Then we will tell Nigerians to keep making sacrifices. If nothing, those billions would have helped to compensate or resettle the victims of the Plateau attack on Christmas day and the thousands of IDPs living in camps in harrowing conditions due to a lose of livelihood due to the current insecurity situation in other parts of the country.

God will help us.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by HandsomeHITLER(m): 5:41am On Jan 05
This is a good sign that this man will work... Not that former Minister buhari kept

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by SoNature(m): 5:42am On Jan 05
ednut1:
na then dey borrow us money to build those things. If you come to me to borrow you money to buy blocks and Cement for your house, and i have a brother or friend who sells them. Wont i tell you to patronize my brother or friend with the loan? You no sabi anything 😆

That's not entirely true. Some projects are financed by Nigerian government and are done by JB and Arab Contractors. Those companies have a lot of white people in them.

However, your logic is mostly applicable to projects that are constructed by Chinese companies. And if we are being honest, that's the best approach because Nigerian government will loot the money if you give them the cash like World Bank and IMF.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by bassdow: 5:43am On Jan 05
r
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by bassdow: 5:43am On Jan 05
[quote author=bassdow post=127785159][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by smokinloud(m): 5:48am On Jan 05
One thing you can't take away from Wike is infrastructural projects.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by ABC101FF: 5:53am On Jan 05
Wike's ass licking is unequaled. He has now turned from giving marching orders to steadily receiving marching orders and also clowning all over the place on an infamous mandate song. What greed and selfishness has reduced a once supposedly revered no-nonsense man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by kokoA(m): 5:53am On Jan 05
Wike is doing very well, I am seeing. It with my eyes everyday.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by justlovesfarmin: 6:05am On Jan 05
Let them keep it up.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by justlovesfarmin: 6:06am On Jan 05
Abuja residents are seeing the impact of this government. Some roads that were causing holdups needed about half kilometer road constructed to solve the problems.

The former minister left many of such roads half done with construction equipment littered everywhere but this government has been getting them done.

Street lights, traffic lights are working again.

Let them keep it up.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:10am On Jan 05
SoNature:
One thing I like about Wike and Amaechi is that you cannot give them an office without them making an impact.

They did a good job as Rivers State governors and also did the same at federal level (Wike is on it), unlike Fashola that got 3 ministerial appointments without making a significant impact.

If you perform well as a minister, governorship go be moi-moi for you. Mr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo deserves to be the Governor of Ondo State in the future.

People need to stop praising mediocrity. Wike was a poor governor. Building irrelevant flyovers is not making an impact. What is important is economic and human capital impact and not wasted projects.

Amaechi did well in education, healthcare, security, poverty alleviation etc. He still did lots of road projects and some bridges projects.

Amaechi transformed lives.

Wike was just a waste.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by Felix6: 6:12am On Jan 05
DeZoro:
The thing dey vex me ehn.
All the University of technology in Nigeria need to be shut down.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by Felix6: 6:17am On Jan 05
SoNature:

I always tell people who think like this that globalisation is real, and we must embrace it. Imagine that the citizens of countries that Nigerians Japa to are asking the same question or don't you think that Nigérians take up the jobs of local people in those foreign countries?
Shut up! Show me a single country where Nigerians are playing leading roles in construction, industry etc.
Why must foreigners take the centre stage in construction of roads and other structures in Nigeria? That is the question, and you are here talking of modern slavery aka japa.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by ATEAMS: 6:21am On Jan 05
Nasso
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by money121(m): 6:27am On Jan 05
Seen
Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by FireUpNow(m): 6:31am On Jan 05
Dey your dey make I dey my dey according to somebody somewhere

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by SoNature(m): 6:32am On Jan 05
Felix6:

Shut up! Show me a single country where Nigerians are playing leading roles in construction, industry etc.
Why must foreigners take the centre stage in construction of roads and other structures in Nigeria? That is the question, and you are here talking of modern slavery aka japa.

Mention ONE country that is playing the leading role in those industries you mentioned in Nigeria and earn my next reply.

By the way, people will always migrate to take up opportunities. If you start questioning why foreigners are in Nigeria, I don't see how you are any different from South Africans exhibiting xenophobic tendencies.

12 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Ongoing Projects In Abuja (Pictures) by Inspirer1: 6:33am On Jan 05
DeZoro:
Our trained teachers should be commended despite not being paid well, they are fully in charge of their niche

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flood Takes Over Kano Metropolis(photos ) - THISDAY / DPR Paid 8 Billion Naira Salary Upfront In January - Premium Times / Abba Kyari: 3 US Law Firms Consulted To Defend DCP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.