Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,215 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

$110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments (10707 Views)

Zenith Bank Restates Commitment To CSR, Unveils Christmas Decoration / Cisco Reinforces Commitment To Nigeria Through New Partner Repair Centre / Femi Otedola's $350 Million Investment In Geregu Power, Commitment To FG’s Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

$110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by AnonPoet: 6:29am On Jan 05
$110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment to Comply with Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments

The British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) has clarified that it has paid the fine imposed on it and its affiliates by the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) and declared that it “remains committed to operating in compliance with the laws of Nigeria.”

BATN made this clarification yesterday in a public statement titled: ‘BATN’s Response to the FCCPC Fine’.

The statement reads: “In response to recent reports regarding the FCCPC decision, British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) wishes to clarify its position as follows:

“BATN previously disclosed the investigation mentioned by the FCCPC in its year-end 2022 Annual Report and most recently in our Half-Year Report for the six months to 30 June 2023.

“In December 2022, the FCCPC entered into a consent order, terminating the mentioned investigation and associated proceedings. British American Tobacco (Nigeria) Limited and British American Tobacco Marketing (Nigeria) Limited have made payments to settle the penalty.

“BAT Nigeria acknowledges the mentioned monitorship and awareness campaigns and has cooperated fully with the FCCPC’s appointed service providers. BAT remains committed to operating in compliance with the laws of Nigeria.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/12/30/110m-fine-batn-restates-commitment-to-comply-with-nigerias-laws-makes-payments

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by ikdaddy01(m): 6:42am On Jan 05
.dem don pay now now, make govt abi FCPCCP come and confirm alert b4 one thief go carry am japa

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by coolcharm(m): 6:47am On Jan 05
It's not about paying fines.
What did they do?

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by turmacs(f): 6:49am On Jan 05
grin
Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by usecondom(m): 6:50am On Jan 05
Money gangs hian $110m now now?

1 Like

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by koolib(m): 6:50am On Jan 05
How these guys stay afloat in the business is still a miracle to me. I hardly see smokers of late

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by LAXconfidential(m): 6:50am On Jan 05
Money that will be relooted by Tinubu and his cronies while they tell their agbado supporters to be patient because Nigeria will soon turn into Canada

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by Stephaniegold(f): 6:51am On Jan 05
Ftc
Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by money121(m): 6:51am On Jan 05
Ok
Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by dfrost: 6:51am On Jan 05
People are playing when they say money is not in this country.

200mn+ population na your mate?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by Austriaopen(m): 6:51am On Jan 05
Receipt nko ?

6 Likes

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by jeff1993: 6:52am On Jan 05
Make dem.wait collect receipt oooo..... Make 9ja confirm payment fess oooo

2 Likes

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by nastyesco(m): 6:52am On Jan 05
Front page three days in a row…this is my Year!

2 Likes

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by safarifarms(m): 6:53am On Jan 05
Mehn, too much money. They paid the fine so quickly as if it was some change.

But what did they really do?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by mignone(f): 6:53am On Jan 05
shocked On top ciga, abi wetin dem dey produce again?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by Hardy123(m): 6:53am On Jan 05
Wow
Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by Marvieduke(f): 6:54am On Jan 05
This wan concern those cigarettes smokers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by Inspirer1: 6:54am On Jan 05
ikdaddy01:
.dem don pay now now, make govt abi FCPCCP come and confirm alert b4 one thief go carry am japa
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by ecolime(m): 6:56am On Jan 05
koolib:
How these guys stay afloat in the business is still a miracle to me. I hardly see smokers of late
Me sef dey wonder

1 Like

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:58am On Jan 05
koolib:

People still smoke, I had the same thought line when my friend took a marketing job with a cigarette company in Ibadan. This guy was turning in 800k - 1m daily 🤔

7 Likes

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by pikechukwu6(m): 6:59am On Jan 05
angry angry grin
Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:01am On Jan 05
Hian, now now?

1 Like

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:02am On Jan 05
koolib:
wat of our highly reverred manchi on NL here? boogyman557
Him nor dey blow gbana again?

5 Likes

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by IPDGP: 7:02am On Jan 05
People still dey smoke cigarettes wella, Like 90% people for my working area dey smoke
Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by foxxydude: 7:03am On Jan 05
They make their money from the North
The everage northerners smokes a lot of cigarettes unlike southerners that drink a lot of beer.

1 Like

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by leisuretym: 7:04am On Jan 05
koolib:
you think it's just about selling tobacco, check smoking laws and tobacco in the UK, most of these addictive products companies have other missions, their main agenda, some are here to knock off your brain, some of the products made here can not be sold in the UK, they even make some there and say for export only.

Invisible handcuffs

3 Likes

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by ozo13(m): 7:04am On Jan 05
koolib:
come up north and see how people are cruising with smoke

2 Likes

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:05am On Jan 05
cool
Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by Powersurge: 7:08am On Jan 05
FCCPC is a fraud and should be sued. I am beginning to think they are not representing the interest of Nigerians well.

For a company to swiftly pay $110m fine, the level of infringement must have been grave- affecting perhaps millions of people.

Why is FCCPC keeping the nature of the offence secret? How do we recognise and report such offence from other institutions?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by iCauseTrouble: 7:11am On Jan 05
grin
Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by Jogs1900: 7:12am On Jan 05
Their board and shareholders already approved it and made provision for it in their 2022 annual report.

2 Likes

Re: $110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments by Jogs1900: 7:13am On Jan 05
Powersurge:
FCCPC is a fraud and should be sued. I am beginning to think they are not representing the interest of Nigerians well.

For a company to swiftly pay $110m fine, the level of infringement must have been grave- affecting perhaps millions of people.

Why is FCCPC keeping the nature of the offence secret? How do we recognise and report such offence from other institutions?
Their board and shareholders already approved it and made provision for it in their 2022 annual report.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Binary Option Trading Sites / NNPCL, Partner Begin Oil Production At OML 85, Target 20,000BPD / Nigerians Living Abroad Remit $35bn In 11 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.