Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,563 members, 7,861,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:40 PM

Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. (13166 Views)

Indian Navy Recaptures Ship From Somali Pirates And Rescues 17 Crew / Indian Navy Rescue Ship From Somali Pirates (photos) / Hijacked South African Minister Chikunga Is The Star Of This Big Bum Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Krismas(m): 7:13pm On Jan 05
Botragelad:

You are mistaken again about the English Channel and the Mediterranean Sea. The English Channel is not a conduit for the Atlantic Ocean to flow into the Mediterranean Sea. It's a slim stretch of the Atlantic Ocean that lies between the south coast of England and the north coast of France.

The Mediterranean Sea on the other hand is a vast sea that is enclosed by land and linked to the Atlantic Ocean by the Strait of Gibraltar, which is about 900 miles distant from the English Channel.
The English Channel is not an international waterway, but a segment of the territorial sea of Britain and France. The two countries have consented to split the strait into two zones, each extending 3 nautical miles from their respective shores, leaving a median line between them. Told ya just now.

The English Channel is not a favour to two influential countries, but a consequence of their historical and geographical situation. Lol
Your racial remark about the "white boys" is immaterial and insulting.

Turkey is not going to obstruct the Bosporus for British ships heading to Ukraine, but only did for two former British ships that were given to Ukraine and planned to cross the strait. These ships were categorised as warships, as they were armed and had military personnel on board. Turkey has the right to regulate the passage of warships through the strait, depending on their tonnage, type, and origin.etc

Not like it shuts the Bosporus at whim.
grin Like I said b4
1 The English Channel along with the Strait of DOVER belongs to two WHITE BOYS! Who dares call it international waters?
2. Indeed the English Channel DOES NOT run into the Mediterranean. But it runs into THE NORTH SEA which empties into the NORWEGIAN SEA and finally runs into the ARTIC OCEAN. So the English Channel connects THE ATLANTIC OCEAN to the ARTIC OCEAN invariably. I would have tot this sort of Channel should have been an international water? Giving that it flows thru multiple countries? England, France Belgium, Netherlands and Denmark?
3. Why will Bab al mandeb be international while Strait of Dover will belong to Britain and France.
4. According to the terms of the Montreux convention. Article 21 precisely. Turkey has the right to close the Bosporus ANYTIME it likes. All he has to say is dat he did it for security reasons.

Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Botragelad: 7:20pm On Jan 05
Krismas:
grin Like I said b4
1 The English Channel along with the Strait of DOVER belongs to two WHITE BOYS! Who dares call it international waters?
2. Indeed the English Channel DOES NOT run into the Mediterranean. But it runs into THE NORTH SEA which empties into the NORWEGIAN SEA and finally runs into the ARTIC OCEAN. So the English Channel connects THE ATLANTIC OCEAN to the ARTIC OCEAN invariably. I would have tot this sort of Channel should have been an international water? Giving that it flows thru multiple countries? England, France Belgium, Netherlands and Denmark?
3. Why will Bab al mandeb be international while Strait of Dover will belong to Britain and France.
4. According to the terms of the Montreux convention. Article 21 precisely. Turkey has the right to close the Bosporus ANYTIME it likes. All he has to say is dat he did it for security reasons.
Can you support all these assertions?
I can't repeat myself a thousand times
Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Krismas(m): 7:29pm On Jan 05
Botragelad:

Can you support all these assertions?
I can't repeat myself a thousand times
grin U can check a map or can’t u? The Atlantic Ocean is joined to the ARTIC ocean thru the English Channel
2. Article 21 of the Monteux convention gives Turkey the UNCHALLENGEABLE right to close the Bosporus
Can’t u verify these?
Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by tishbite41(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05
Botragelad:

Read what I wrote up there!
Okay
If you're actually sincere about your assertions, let me still ask you these few questions
If Bab al-Mandeb was situated in the US or Russia (that's their territorial waters), would this fuckery happening in Yemen occur there?!

Might is right and that's what that guy is telling you
Take it or leave it
Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by pacespot(m): 7:46pm On Jan 05
Religion of pieces indeed undecided
Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Botragelad: 7:52pm On Jan 05
tishbite41:

Okay
If you're actually sincere about your assertions, let me still ask you these few questions
If Bab al-Mandeb was situated in the US or Russia (that's their territorial waters), would this fuckery happening in Yemen occur there?!

Might is right and that's what that guy is telling you
Take it or leave it
You are asking hypothetical and irrelevant questions that have nothing to do with the facts.

For one, the Bab al-Mandeb is not situated in the US or Russia, but between Yemen, Djibouti, and Eritrea. Again, it is not their territorial waters(search it up and quit repeating yourself), but an international strait that connects two areas of the high seas or exclusive economic zones. It is used for international navigation by ships and aircraft from all over the world.

The coastal states you mentioned above have some rights, but they cannot interfere with the transit passage of other states. This is not my assertion, but the reality.

Now to the conflict, trying to deviate. The conflict in Yemen is not caused by the Bab al-Mandeb, rather by the political and social unrest that has plagued the country for decades.
Please read more on this stuff. You lot sound empty repeating the same rubbish!
Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Botragelad: 8:07pm On Jan 05
Krismas:
grin U can check a map or can’t u? The Atlantic Ocean is joined to the ARTIC ocean thru the English Channel
2. Article 21 of the Monteux convention gives Turkey the UNCHALLENGEABLE right to close the Bosporus
Can’t u verify these?
Not you repeating the same rubbish you can't prove.

You are wrong on both counts.
The Atlantic Ocean is not joined to the Arctic Ocean through the English Channel. The English Channel is a narrow arm of the Atlantic Ocean that separates the southern coast of England from the northern coast of France.

The English Channel does not run into the Arctic Ocean, but into the North Sea, which is another part of the Atlantic Ocean. The North Sea is connected to the Norwegian Sea, which is also a part of the Atlantic Ocean, by several straits.The Norwegian Sea is connected to the Arctic Ocean by the Greenland Sea and the Barents Sea.

The English Channel does not connect the Atlantic Ocean to the Arctic Ocean directly, but through several other seas and straits.You can check a map and see for yourself.
Read here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Channel

You are also wrong about Turkey and the Bosporus. Turkey does not have the unchallengeable right to close the Bosporus. Turkey has the right to control and protect the strait, but not to block or charge it(Said that already). The strait is subject to the Montreux Convention, which is an international agreement that regulates the passage of ships through the Bosporus and the Dardanelles, the two straits that connect the Black Sea to the Mediterranean Sea. The Montreux Convention grants the right of passage to all civilian and military vessels, subject to some limitations and regulations.

Now, article 21 of the Montreux Convention states that "In time of war, Turkey being belligerent, the provisions of Articles 10 to 18 shall not be applicable; the passage of warships shall be left entirely to the discretion of the Turkish Government"

This means that Turkey can only close the straits to warships if Turkey is involved in the war, not if other countries are at war.
Read to understand mate!
Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Krismas(m): 9:00pm On Jan 05
Botragelad:

Not you repeating the same rubbish you can't prove.

You are wrong on both counts.
The Atlantic Ocean is not joined to the Arctic Ocean through the English Channel. The English Channel is a narrow arm of the Atlantic Ocean that separates the southern coast of England from the northern coast of France.

The English Channel does not run into the Arctic Ocean, but into the North Sea, which is another part of the Atlantic Ocean. The North Sea is connected to the Norwegian Sea, which is also a part of the Atlantic Ocean, by several straits.The Norwegian Sea is connected to the Arctic Ocean by the Greenland Sea and the Barents Sea.

The English Channel does not connect the Atlantic Ocean to the Arctic Ocean directly, but through several other seas and straits.You can check a map and see for yourself.
Read here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Channel

You are also wrong about Turkey and the Bosporus. Turkey does not have the unchallengeable right to close the Bosporus. Turkey has the right to control and protect the strait, but not to block or charge it(Said that already). The strait is subject to the Montreux Convention, which is an international agreement that regulates the passage of ships through the Bosporus and the Dardanelles, the two straits that connect the Black Sea to the Mediterranean Sea. The Montreux Convention grants the right of passage to all civilian and military vessels, subject to some limitations and regulations.

Now, article 21 of the Montreux Convention states that "In time of war, Turkey being belligerent, the provisions of Articles 10 to 18 shall not be applicable; the passage of warships shall be left entirely to the discretion of the Turkish Government"

This means that Turkey can only close the straits to warships if Turkey is involved in the war, not if other countries are at war.
Read to understand mate!
grin What exactly have u said correctly now by way of improving on what I have said? Atlantic Ocean thru the English Channel lead to ARTIC ocean. You say am wrong, that it leads to the North Sea Which leads to Norwegian Sea Which leads to Greenland Sea Which lead to ARTIC ocean. What kind of blind argument is all of dat? U think I don’t know how to look at a map? If I exit the Atlantic Ocean into the English Channel, will I get to the Artic ocean? Dats the point. Atlantic Ocean thru English Channel lead to Artic Ocean. What’s false about dat?
The germane issue is should such a Channel not be international waters? The Red Sea itself doesn’t also lead directly to the Mediterranean! It leads to the Suez Canal, Which lead to the Mediterranean or wot kind of argument are u putting forward?
1.Why should Strait of Dover be owned by English and French while the Bab Al Mandeb not owned by Yemen and Djibouti? That’s wot u should answer and not beating about the bush on irrelevancies!
2. Turkey close the Bosporus in 2022. Was Turkey at war in 2022? Montreux gives Turkey the right to close the strait on security reasons. Turkey alone is who decides wot is security or not. Turkey has the power to shut down the strait bottom line. Why don’t Yemen have the right to close Bab al mended on security reason?
3. U have failed to answer my queries, u’ve only been going round and round the circle of exhausted western arguments that mean nothing but self-service to western interest at best. So thanks and no thanks. Let me look for someone else to enlighten me
4. Bye
Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Botragelad: 9:05pm On Jan 05
Krismas:
grin What exactly have u said correctly now by way of improving on what I have said? Atlantic Ocean thru the English Channel lead to ARTIC ocean. You say am wrong, that it leads to the North Sea Which leads to Norwegian Sea Which leads to Greenland Sea Which lead to ARTIC ocean. What kind of blind argument is all of dat? U think I don’t know how to look at a map? If I exit the Atlantic Ocean into the English Channel, will I get to the Artic ocean? Dats the point. Atlantic Ocean thru English Channel lead to Artic Ocean. What’s false about dat?
The germane issue is should such a Channel not be international waters? The Red Sea itself doesn’t also lead directly to the Mediterranean! It leads to the Suez Canal, Which lead to the Mediterranean or wot kind of argument are u putting forward?
1.Why should Strait of Dover be owned by English and French while the Bab Al Mandeb not owned by Yemen and Djibouti? That’s wot u should answer and not beating about the bush on irrelevancies!
2. Turkey close the Bosporus in 2022. Was Turkey at war in 2022? Montreux gives Turkey the right to close the strait on security reasons. Turkey alone is who decides wot is security or not. Turkey has the power to shut down the strait bottom line. Why don’t Yemen have the right to close Bab al mended on security reason?
3. U have failed to answer my queries, u’ve only been going round and round the circle of exhausted western arguments that mean nothing but self-service to western interest at best. So thanks and no thanks. Let me look for someone else to enlighten me
4. Bye
You are clearly ignorant if you couldn't get the whole explanation. Lol

Bye. Do yourself a little favor, read about this stuff so I don't have to lecture you!
Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:13pm On Jan 05
Hezzyluv:

What kind of comment is this??
Does this make sense to you? Does it?
Haba!

Death to all Muslims

Kee ya self
Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Whatisurproblem(m): 8:43am On Jan 06
Postinor:
🤣🤣🤣, how are lebanon's collecting,at the most hezbollah attacks israel and then israel retaliates,if israel is that strong why don't they go and attack lebanon with full force
you don't know anything, Surgical strike operation inside Beruit killing all hamas leaders is not enough? They no born thier father.
Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Jaxefij: 11:01am On Jan 06
Whatisurproblem:
you don't know anything, Surgical strike operation inside Beruit killing all hamas leaders is not enough? They no born thier father.

The bloody nose continues
Wotowoto

Go Israel for pilgrimage na, if e sure for your papa...🤣

Re: Indian Navy Vigilant On Hijacked Ship With Indian Crew Near Somalia. by Postinor: 11:40am On Jan 06
Whatisurproblem:
so they have killed hamas leaders and they have not still been able to free the captives, keep on deceiving urself, israel losed, the only thing they can do is to kill civilians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Helicopter Crashes In Central London / Donald Trump Seeks Death Penalty For Drug Traffickers / ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.