Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,991 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) (4526 Views)

E-passport Renewal/extension / Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview / Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) by ccaramel(f): 12:28am On Sep 17, 2007
Does anyone know where the passport office in Abuja is?
I will be visiting Nigeria this week and I will like to renew my passprt.
Also how much it costs and what is required asides from the old passport?
I also learnt there is a new machine readable passport now, am I going to get that one?
Re: Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) by uspry1(f): 1:20am On Sep 17, 2007
Check the table of Passport/VISA fees that is found at:

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/Fees.htm

Check the Abuja Immigration Service (NIS) located at:

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/Contactinfo.htm

Good luck!!!
Re: Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) by guseman(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2007
@Ccaramel
U look so much like Genevieve! Are u really the one??
Becos the fear of these y, boys is the beginning of wisdom.
No insult intended
Re: Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) by soldee: 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2007
I hope ure staying for two months b'cos thats how long it will take you to process the new e-passport!!! grin grin grin grin

U download form, pay for pin code at a bank, go back and download something else bla bla bla,, then u go to the passport office near the airport!!! THATS WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE shocked shocked shocked!!!

The guys snap ur pic, (goodluck with that queue), then ure asked to come back,,,, and come back,,,,,, and come back again. When u eventually blow ur top for the upteenth time, u may catch a glimpse of an officer carrying a huge stack of new passports for sorting. The stack is not arranged according to date, serial number or alphabetical order. Its left to the discretion - and speed - of the processing peeps. U'll get ur passport - but many long days after u've cursed ur dear Country.

By the way, its about 40 degrees in Abuja now cool. Also, all those going for hajj are having their passports processed too.

GOODLUCK MY FRIEND wink

1 Like

Re: Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) by ccaramel(f): 7:36am On Sep 18, 2007
Jeez!! All these just to renew my passport? I think that applies to people getting an initial passport. I have one that was valid for 5 years and I just want to extend it for another 5 years as a Nigerian passport is good for 10 years.
That dumb website doesnt say anything about renewal of passport but thanks for the link anyways.
Pls any nairalander that has renewed their Niaja passpot should get back to me. I am only going to be in Abuja for 2 weeks! Dont have time for all these printing of forms o
Re: Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) by soldee: 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2007
He He He, My Dear Sister!!!!

A word is enuff for wiser ones. If u have someone in Abuja/ Naija, let them start the process for you!! Form printing, bank payments et al.

The procedure applies to everyone who needs renewal, initial passport, or whose pages have run out. MY DEAR, the reason I know is because my sister just concluded the freaking process. Mine too is pending, but am seriously considering postponing my trip till next couple of months!! Start earlier, best for u!!

Goodluck sha. Will keep u posted if I hear of an easier way. Word of caution though, dont go paying touts for natin!!
Re: Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) by kaysie83: 2:59pm On Sep 18, 2007
@ ccaramel,
do u reside in toronto? Why not go to the Nigerian High Commission in Ottawa. passport renewal is $50 and you will get it the same day.

here is the link http://www.nigeriahcottawa.com/.
Re: Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) by ccaramel(f): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2007
Thank guys. If I can't get it in Abuja, I will go through the ottawa route. Nothing is easy in Nigeria o. ordinary passport renewal!!
Re: Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) by gozizi: 12:57pm On Sep 28, 2007
@ccaramel

grin grin grin
Just got back from the abuja visa office. Its much better now than it was when they started. Got mine in six days. E don dey beta! wink

@ soldee
how far? u still postponing ur trip?
Re: Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) by riffy: 2:58am On Oct 07, 2007
well, getting your passport renewed is not going to take more than two day but all you have to do is to pay online that is the immigration site(epayment) the site is : www.immigration.gov.ng

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian International Passport Now #45000 / My Electricity Bill In UK VS Canada / Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.