Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

WAKANOW Is A Big Scam!!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / WAKANOW Is A Big Scam!!!! (4521 Views)

My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways / Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. / Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAKANOW Is A Big Scam!!!! by kemisolaut: 9:15am On Aug 02, 2014
Has anyone tried making a flight or hotel booking with Wakanow, particularly using the 'book on hold' option? You will hate yourself and I will never make the mistake of routing my search through them again.

I was to travel to SA on a sunday so I made a reservation on Thursday evening and used the book on hold option to pay within 24hours. The booking invoice elicitly stated that the reservation will be cancelled once it is 24hours.Thats normal,abi??

Following day(which was a Friday), I called wakanow at about 3pm to ask them if my booking was still valid in case of price change and they advised that i should go ahead and make paymemt(N140,606) in the bank. I sent wakanow an email again to reconfirm with the booking details so as to advise if booking was still valid because Naija companies can be funny.

Mmmmh, I paid immediately via Gtb internet banking and quickly informed them of the payment.After verifying payment,you wont bliv that they had d guts to tell me to add N22k to my payment that SA airline cancelled my booking. That I was appaled is an understatement.I felt so used? How possible is it that an airline whose booking policy is 24hrs will cancel a booking just right after I make payment? A contract is a contract and i fulfilled all obligations on my part as d customer.

I went to wakanow website to search for a fresh flight with the same destination,departure and return date and guess what? A fresh booking cpst N144000. Wakanow disnt ask me to pay an additional N4K to make up balance but insisted that ticket will not be issued until I pay extra N22k after deceiving me to make payment.

I regret that i am in Nigeria because these abberations can only happen in a country like this.I asked for refund of my money cos i was so pissed.If they told me price had changed right before I made payment when i contacted them,it would have been my choice to either go ahead or forget about it. but to willfully exploit custpmers by misprepresenting facts is just a MESS and very low! How desperate can they get.

Earlier this year,I did a hotel booking with them where the contract was that cancellation should be done at least 96hrs to check in. My passport spent ages with the embassy so I had to cancel d hotel booking.I called wakanow not 96hrs to. Heck in, but a whole week!!!! Guess what they said, that the policy of the hotel was diff from what is on wakanow website. I made a lot of trouble then and sent the invoice explicitly stating the terms and conditions of the contract before my funds were returned.They called and apologised and I thought it was a one off issue. How ignorant I was.

I cant imagine how many other innocent ppl have fallen victims.Im going to get the emil of their CEO amd file a report ,because if they contine like this,the business will die naturally.I will never advise my enemy to use wakanow.Its better you go straight to d web page of the airline. American travel sites such as farecompare,expedia,etc wont do this na!!!

No wonder Naija companies dont survive for long....

2 Likes

Re: WAKANOW Is A Big Scam!!!! by Chinwem(f): 10:27am On Aug 02, 2014
Thanks for the heads up
I ll be sure to avoid them like ebola

1 Like

Re: WAKANOW Is A Big Scam!!!! by justwise(m): 10:46am On Aug 02, 2014

3 Likes

Re: WAKANOW Is A Big Scam!!!! by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 06, 2016
k

3 Likes

Re: WAKANOW Is A Big Scam!!!! by Acube2: 9:46am On Jun 23, 2018
Hello House,

Wakanow is presently dealing with me.
They didn't not confirm my bookings, one 585k, one 645k, another 583k , after several emails and calls, until I booked a 700k ticket, that's when they financed it with my outstanding fund(for three days) and no confirmation email. One of their staff even asked for a credit b4 he would treat my request. Which I sent(ibhave the scfeenshot). Then I saw a new ticket of 460k, and I booked it, that's when they said they have already issued a ticket for the 700k(thats when they now sent a confirmation email). I was told by a an insider I have there that there is no big deal in it, that they can cancel that ticket and finance a new one. But they insisted it's too late.
Bottom line: I booked several low fare, they didn't issue a ticket, Infact I was told several times that the person handling my transaction is on leave, so they can't treat until he is back. They are now issuing a ticket for a high fare. So unfair!!!
I am not gonna let this slide. I would deal with them, because of their next victim.
So I am making this go viral on both twitter and facebook. #wakanowisascam. I need ur support.
I am working in conjunction with two SUG presidents, we are getting more than 5m retweets.
I would feed u back as it goes.
Thanks you

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Air, Aviation Unions And Matters Arising / Uyo Airport: New Terminal Building / UK Visa Refusal Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.