Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Can A Nigerian Resident In The UK Join The British Army? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Nigerian Resident In The UK Join The British Army? (229 Views)

Chari Magumeri: First Nigerian To Be Promoted To Rank Of Captain In British Army / Nigerian Soldiers Training In Senegal With British Army (video) / Who Sold Nigeria To The British For £865k In 1899? - By Cheta Nwanze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Nigerian Resident In The UK Join The British Army? by Quelme: 7:05pm On Jan 06
A friend is so passionate about joining the British Army. He is new in the UK. He brought up this discussion while chatting with me today.

I'm asking because I don't really know how this works.

Help push this to the front page MOD.
Re: Can A Nigerian Resident In The UK Join The British Army? by AdiscoPele: 7:57pm On Jan 06
Very well yes.

Infact, it makes the process easier. It's now part of the requirements that as a citizen of a Commonwealth nation, you can join the British army, also as a Nigerian, once you are in the UK, it will be easier to join.

I once did and was selected from Nigeria, but couldn't go for the screening due to an embargo of travels placed by the British High Commission in Nigeria sometimes in 2004.

Pls, tell your friend to go ahead and make us proud.

Wishing him luck.
Re: Can A Nigerian Resident In The UK Join The British Army? by Amotolongbo(f): 8:31pm On Jan 06
There was a time I made an inquiry about it at a trade fair when I just got here, I was told one has to be under 35 (If my memory hasn’t failed me) and must have lived in the UK for 5years, definitely having ILR.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is David Hundeyin? / What's With These Recent Dirt Surfacing On The 'starboy' Minister? / Festus Keyamo Inducts New Aviation Agency's Chiefs And Directors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.