Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,428 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal (23991 Views)

Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: Mustapha Umar Imam Recounts Ordeal In Terror Den / Chiemela Iroha, Gringory’s Son: Our Kidnappers Were Fulani Herdsmen / Andy Bature: Our Kidnappers Said They Would Have Killed Us If We Were Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by guideman: 3:08pm On Jan 07
Everyone is talking about kidnapping now, but who are the kidnappers.
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by treatise: 3:09pm On Jan 07
LoveLeadsLand:
With all the BVN and NIN databases as well as biometric reg with phone companies, this kind stuff still happens. What exactly is wrong with this country Nigeria?
No functional security apparatuses in Nigeria hence, anything goes!

3 Likes

Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by haphizz57(m): 3:11pm On Jan 07
Kidnapping is a lucrative job our govt create. What is paining me is dat, why are dis kidnappers nt kidnapping d govt officials or dia families & close relations. Dey av enough money. Not d real hustlers

1 Like

Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by free2ryhme: 3:16pm On Jan 07
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by motionarena: 3:18pm On Jan 07
seborrhic:
Where did this urchin see ₦91m?
Clown!
It was shared amongst dem
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Elsueno: 3:19pm On Jan 07
I really don't understand why some Nigerians like taking unnecessary risk.....A mean, u know how this country is, unless absolutely necessary, never travel too early in the morning or towards the night...
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by UNDFTD: 3:24pm On Jan 07
Don't you love your One Nigeria? Break up Nigeria NOW to save lives. And for those of you who still believe and want to remain in One Nigeria, may you become a victim of these kidnappers in this year 2024, AMEN!

1 Like

Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Odidigboigbo(m): 3:26pm On Jan 07
LoveLeadsLand:
With all the BVN and NIN databases as well as biometric reg with phone companies, this kind stuff still happens. What exactly is wrong with this country Nigeria?
unfortunately, these idiots don't collect transfer nor allow any money to be paid in a bank account but cash. Secondly, they communicate with the relative of their victims through the victims phone number, hence those items you mentioned can't be used to trace them except tracking of their locations.

1 Like

Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Evolutionism: 3:29pm On Jan 07
Princedapace:

What is wrong is that a country with multi ethnic nationalies cant run a unitary security system. This is wrong, Nigeria will continue to bleed because all her problem even from the first civil war has been about ethnic issue.
Why cant we just accept this? We can still live as one country but allow regions have total control of their security, borders, etc. This way, they can manage their security by them selves. The current security system has been compromised due to ethnic intetested. It is deep. Nigeria is finished.
Make una continue to be dragging ethnic pride of na my ethnic person dey rule. This guy who was kidnapped, his tribe is ruling Nigeria. This means that it doesnt matter whose tribe is ruling.
Nigeria has a fualty system. It is too large to be managed by a centralized security and government system.
Everything comes from Abuja as long as economy, and security is concerned. This is wrong.
Security should be decentralized down to the smallest village and let them handle sophiscated weapons and not the useless weapons u give to vigillantee. Omo, It is a pity that the masses will continue to pay for this until the masses them selves rise up to demand an end to the current system of govt which pays only thhe ruling class. We are all cowards.
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Afonja007: 3:30pm On Jan 07
where is their cows? tinubu asked .praise be to god for una freedom
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by JAWBONE(m): 3:33pm On Jan 07
Thank God for their lives.
You would expect Nigerian intelligence agencies to invite the band and get first hand information from them about what they went through in the forest.

But our DSS, DIA,. Military Intelligence are only good at chasing taliors or oppressing journalists

1 Like

Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by IamANigerianMan: 3:34pm On Jan 07
LoveLeadsLand:

Please everyone, I create a unique type of marketing video that is tipped by industry experts to rule the market from this year forward. So, if you are a business person, you may want to contact me via my profile to get a FREE SAMPLE. Thanks
But we fought cashless , this is one of those thing cashless would have solved , the only thing Nigeria would have fought is to make other channel of transaction like POS, mobile etc to work not to drop the policy

1 Like

Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Xinox: 3:35pm On Jan 07
I am sorry for this unfortunate incident. I now understand why Edu & her team collected money for airfare to Kogi
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Odidigboigbo(m): 3:37pm On Jan 07
seborrhic:
Clown!
The money might not directly be from their pocket but raised through well wishers. Let something negative happens to you and see how a person that will not support you in a very good day to something meaningful will bring out money because the negative has happened.
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Blaze14k: 3:37pm On Jan 07
LoveLeadsLand:

Please everyone, I create a unique type of marketing video that is tipped by industry experts to rule the market from this year forward. So, if you are a business person, you may want to contact me via my profile to get a FREE SAMPLE. Thanks

Even at that they can't go to the bush and fish them out besides I don't think the money is paid by transfer. It could easily be blocked
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by UNDFTD: 3:38pm On Jan 07
Odidigboigbo:
unfortunately, these idiots don't collect transfer nor allow any money to be paid in a bank account but cash. Secondly, they communicate with the relative of their victims through the victims phone number, hence those items you mentioned can't be used to trace them except tracking of their locations.

If your government is truly serious about fighting insecurity, with the advancement in technology, it can trace the location of these Fulani terrorists. But the problem is that the same government that citizens are looking up to for help is the same people sponsoring and supporting the kidnappers. Otherwise, why is it that most of these kidnappings happen a stone throw away from military checkpoints?
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by aariwa(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07
Peter Obi is the only man bandits and terrorists fear unlike Tinubu they see as business as usual and a continuation from buhari…everybody remembers during the run up to the last Presidential elections there was no cases of banditry, kidnapping, robbery, murder etc because the bandits had palpable fear and believed like most Nigerians the elections would be free and fair and that Obi would win . There was a news from daily trust posted here on Nairaland where bandits and terrorists were dashing out millions of naira in north and buying CFA currency preparatory to leaving Nigeria but Mahmoud declared tinubu and they made a U turn because it was like a miracle to them and they went back and increased the brutality of the killings. They carried out large scale killings few weeks after tinubu was declared by Mahmoud, and since then the killings murder and kidnapping had increased tremendously till the Christmas Day massacre in plateau because they like most Nigerians know tinubu is a chaff, no threat to them and incapable of changing anything in Nigeria
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Jocdon(m): 3:42pm On Jan 07
Blame the police
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by jidemojola(m): 3:43pm On Jan 07
Princedapace:

What is wrong is that a country with multi ethnic nationalies cant run a unitary security system. This is wrong, Nigeria will continue to bleed because all her problem even from the first civil war has been about ethnic issue.
Why cant we just accept this? We can still live as one country but allow regions have total control of their security, borders, etc. This way, they can manage their security by them selves. The current security system has been compromised due to ethnic intetested. It is deep. Nigeria is finished.
Make una continue to be dragging ethnic pride of na my ethnic person dey rule. This guy who was kidnapped, his tribe is ruling Nigeria. This means that it doesnt matter whose tribe is ruling.
Nigeria has a fualty system. It is too large to be managed by a centralized security and government system.
Everything comes from Abuja as long as economy, and security is concerned. This is wrong.
Security should be decentralized down to the smallest village and let them handle sophiscated weapons and not the useless weapons u give to vigillantee. Omo, It is a pity that the masses will continue to pay for this until the masses them selves rise up to demand an end to the current system of govt which pays only thhe ruling class. We are all cowards.

My brother,this is the only solution to the myriad of problems holding this country to ransom.The earlier we realize this the better for us.I wonder why our rulers are not looking in this direction.it’s a pity😔
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Odidigboigbo(m): 3:45pm On Jan 07
UNDFTD:

If your government is truly serious about fighting insecurity, with the advancement in technology, it can trace the location of these Fulani terrorists. But the problem is that the same government that citizens are looking up to for help is the same people sponsoring and supporting the kidnappers. Otherwise, why is it that most of these kidnappings happen a stone throw away from military checkpoints?
Probably you didn't understand my comment. I have mentioned it, their locations can only be tracked. The use NIN, BVN nor biometric is not visible because all the transactions are done in cash and they only communicate with victims phone number. My Sister was kidnapped June last year in Port Harcourt, she spent almost three weeks before we were able to secure her release.
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by SharingIsLife(m): 3:47pm On Jan 07
Hmmmmm.
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Mrexcell(m): 3:51pm On Jan 07
Nna men this is very scary my younger brother that's planning to go to Kogi for his traditional marriage I don't think I will be going with him I don't have millions anywhere to pay to kidnappers.
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Princedapace(m): 3:53pm On Jan 07
jidemojola:

My brother,this is the only solution to the myriad of problems holding this country to ransom.The earlier we realize this the better for us.I wonder why our rulers are not looking in this direction.it’s a pity😔

They arent looking at such direction becus an average black man is the most wicked entity on earth. The average black man is the only race that shows so much wickedness to her self and her fellow blacks. They wont look at it because they gain so much from the current system.
Look at the payment given to ex presidents, ex governors, ex IG, ex military generals, ex top govt agency heads, the packeges ur senators take, ur house of assembly, ur state house of assemblies. They make so much money, secured their lives, have properies abroad, send their kids abroad, protect them selves here with high and well motivated security personels from police, military and DSS. Now, with all these benefits, u expect them to give up these goodies? They wont. White people would have done so becus whites dont attach much interests in materials and also, whites can be wicked to other races but not to their own race or nationalities.
Only blacks show so much wickednes to their own nationalities.
Ur politicians wont look at this direction, never ever ever ever ever ever ever except maybe Nigeria fall patapata. Even if it falls, they go still hold on to power. Take a look at Somalia, DRC congo. Them swear for blacks.
The people who can force them to look at this directions are the masses. Unfortunately, the masses are the most f%%lish zoombies ever in history of humanity.
They simply use ethnicity and relogion take wash their heads and boom, they will start acting like zombies.
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by shegzee43: 3:55pm On Jan 07
seborrhic:
Clown!

May you not be kidnapped! That's all I can say

1 Like

Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by Ezmans: 4:00pm On Jan 07
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by UNDFTD: 4:00pm On Jan 07
Odidigboigbo:
Probably you didn't understand my comment. I have mentioned it, their locations can only be tracked. The use NIN, BVN nor biometric is not visible because all the transactions are done in cash and they only communicate with victims phone number. My Sister was kidnapped June last year in Port Harcourt, she spent almost three weeks before we were able to secure her release.

I totally understood your comment and I was NOT disagreeing with you but rather in agreement with you. I was only saying that the government is NOT serious in fighting insecurity!
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by scrupulousblog: 4:01pm On Jan 07
It is high time the government deals with kidnapping by addressing the situation holistically.
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by zebszebs: 4:11pm On Jan 07
That ransom money will be taken and deposited into a Nigerian bank account, where:
1. KYC and physical visitation was done before the account was opened.
2. The deposited will trigger no NFIU alarms. Normally all deposits of #5m and above automatically generate an NFIU report which is also sent to the CBN, and EFCC.
3. The account officer would have physically met with the account owner ( head of the bandits), confirmed his business and source of income (banditry ABI?) Before the account was opened.
4. The account officer during BFG meeting will proudly announce the #91m+ inflow and the consequent increase in thier DDA and also meeting the marketing target.
5. Due to this inflow, the account officer will be praised and applauded, will have a large share of profit sharing at the end of the year and will also will for sure be promoted at the next promotion exercise.

These are just a few ways the Nigerian banking system aides and abets the criminal network in Nigeria.
Re: We Paid Our Kidnappers ₦91M — Abuja Music Band Leader Recounts Ordeal by gidjah(m): 4:36pm On Jan 07
I really doubt that this kind of amount was put together to get released. Your looks here dosent depicit such, 7million per person for over 12 souls ?? Na so you get the money to spend ? Tou guys really financially empowerss the bandits oo??why won't they continue with this sordid venture over men

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Train My Kids With Drug Proceeds –suspect (pictured) / There’s Nothing Like Money Ritual – Police Warns Killers / Man Accuses Soldiers In Aba Of Assaulting & Forcefully Shaving Off His Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.