Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport (30209 Views)

How Buhari Spent N8trn On ‘non-existent’ Petrol Subsidies / Non-existent Eser Contracting And Industry Company Was Awarded Railway Contract / N2.1bn Fraud: Dokpesi Received Funds Without Executing Any Contract – Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Biodun556(m): 5:53pm On Jan 07
fredoooooo:
Youth in power ...

Can you imagine?
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by LegacyB: 5:53pm On Jan 07
Yampotatocarrot:

No matter what anybody says, I believe this is exactly what is happening

Well, as they say, he that comes to equity must come with clean hands... As she expose the other lady, she sef don begin chop am
Both of them should go . A their is a thief if found guilty. Nothing like small or big thief.

1 Like

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by frog12: 6:05pm On Jan 07
this one crack me up: “Lokoja is an important Northern town"

this ministry and the NSIP agency be like their way to siphon plenty of money grin
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by frog12: 6:09pm On Jan 07
he is showing us how government dey work.

MrProlific95:
Sahara Reporters are in the business of hustling.

Rumors has it that before Sahara reporters start singing and blowing your corruption whistle, they will first of all approach you to settle them, when you dont they make sure every second one news about whatever you have done hit the media space.

This is not a joke.

Sowore is not honest person himself
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Creamypie(m): 6:13pm On Jan 07
LegacyB:

I just hope you have a brain? And before u tag me with those weakling obidients who just huffs and puffs. I repeat, I hope you have a Brian to type this nonsense!
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by delpee(f): 6:15pm On Jan 07
This could just be the regular tour allowance obtainable in Ministries and parastatals staff on official assignment. It may appear like campaign funds taken out as transport cost which is wrong if so. Otherwise, they may have chartered helicopters or cars for the period but listed as airfare.

I understand the urge to drag Betta down with Halima but we need to sort out the billions and then come back to the millions. NSIP under Halima was reckless based on the reports. Recovery is key. We need as much as we can get back into the system.

1 Like

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by frog12: 6:16pm On Jan 07
she admitted sending 500m to the private account. what's your problem?
even if it is a TRAP, is she not smart enough to understand it?

Lanruze:
Dr. Beta Edu may be a very brilliant Medical Doctor but fell into a Big trap which was set up for her by the NSIPA -National Social Investment Programme Agency, National Coordinator- Halima Shehu.

1, Anyone who knows the Civil Service well knows that this is corruption fighting Back with it's full cylinders.

2, The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs- Dr. Beta Edu revealed the fraud perpetuated by the NC- NSIPA through " various multiple" accounts and contractors under her Ministry to the tune of N44B to the presidency.

3, The Presidency moved swiftly by inviting the N.C- NSIPA through its anti- graft agency to it's office to explain the transfer of such humongous sums to Bank accounts of " various'' contactors.

4, In corruption fighting back, this memo prepared and advised by civil servants with the approval of the President, Dr. Beta Edu suggested a re-imbursment of the Programme director for the programme to the tune of approx. N590m whilst seeking approval of the OAGF to approve.

5, The Accountant General who was more experienced on the extant laws of public procurement and disbursement rejected the memo and advised on a proper disbursement channel which was stated as beneficiary accounts.

6, The money wasn't disbursed and memo dated 20th December, 2023 was retrieved by pure evil mischief makers to serve as a bait and to use evidence against the Ministers by disgruntled characters who were reported by Beta Edu earlier to the presidency.

7, Dr. Beta Edu was eager to prove a point as a performance driven Minister and wanted to her tenor to be more impactful than the last Ministers' tenor under the Buhari regime.

8, Unfortunately for Dr. Edu, the structure and process of disbursement of funds for the most vulnurable & poorest of the poor in the ministry she inherited was the trap set up for her.

9, The poorest people in Nigeria don't have Bank accounts and there was a sense of urgency by the presidency for the funds to be distributed either by cash or through accounts before the Christmas & new year festivites for 2023.

10, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu should use his utmost wisdom ,managerial tact and skill in managing this particular issue.

11, Corruption is fighting Beta Edu back ferociously and the culprits seem to have an edge as they have deployed all mediums including the media to make this woman look like the villian.

1 Like

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Lanruze: 6:21pm On Jan 07
You are the person embarrassing yourself sir.

You obviously are immature or myopic on the subject, and obviously have a bandwagon straight-jacket thinking.

The funds were rejected and transfer was not done. The Accountant General herself advised the Minister on the extant law through same memo.

So, you want to hang her for a failed transaction which was well re-directed by the OAGF.

What is black there ?

quote author=LegacyB
post=127825994]
All you said here is rubbish I did not only vote for Tinubu I campaigned vigorously for him and honestly I would still do. But learn to call black black. Stop sugar coating nonsense, you’re embarrassing yourself here![/quote]
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Khyrvxjzy: 6:23pm On Jan 07
Creamypie:
Na woman steal this money, hence the plenty noise.and na very Small amount them dey steal. Less than 600 million, compared 2 male counterpart, who don't steal less than 100 billion without blinking an eye.

ayiri

woman can steal
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Lifemanage: 6:31pm On Jan 07
frog12:
she admitted sending 500m to the private account. what's your problem?
even if it is a TRAP, is she not smart enough to understand it?

This is valid and I know it to be true. Civil servants are a major cause of corruption in the country

2 Likes

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:31pm On Jan 07
LegacyB:

Both of them should go . A their is a thief if found guilty. Nothing like small or big thief.

I concur

1 Like

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by tallfish145(m): 6:33pm On Jan 07
God knows i never liked that lady even b4 she became a minister

1 Like

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Chicagograduate(m): 7:03pm On Jan 07
MrProlific95:
Sahara Reporters are in the business of hustling.

Rumors has it that before Sahara reporters start singing and blowing your corruption whistle, they will first of all approach you to settle them, when you dont they make sure every second one news about whatever you have done hit the media space.

This is not a joke.

Sowore is not honest person himself
Name the politicians that were asked for bribe or you keep you f**king mouth shut.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by fredoooooo: 7:07pm On Jan 07
Biodun556:

Can you imagine?

The youths today are worse than the old cargoes...

1 Like

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Solsix(m): 7:08pm On Jan 07
gambia:
This country ain't getting better anytime soon. That's just the plain truth.
Good morning
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by kayusely70(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07
This is apparently an hatchet job to pull down the minister!

1 Like

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by onyxo76(m): 7:40pm On Jan 07
this stealing is just getting out of hand daily. kilode gan
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Depriest2020: 8:53pm On Jan 07
Achoghim:
Your hate for Igbos won't let you make a meaningful contribution to the issue at hand
Me hate Igbos? Please check next door 🚪.

1 Like

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Depriest2020: 9:00pm On Jan 07
thatigboman:
who told u she's igbo? she's from cross river.
seun, is this not the sort of name checkers (overt or covert) that u declared total war on?
I know you are surprised she's Igbo, Beta Chimaobim Edu is Igbo Cross Riverian. And please an not in the league of your name checkers association, kindly check next door. please, free the beautiful woman, I quite appreciate the energy she put in making sure her party APC won the 2023 presidential election.
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Bismarck10(m): 9:09pm On Jan 07
Kukutente23:
This geh grin grin

Na her matter we go chop this week

But it should be looked into how people who screamed change and corruption in 2015 to the high heavens are now explaining and justifying corruption.

One idiot told me money must be made.

Another said I'm just bitter and hateful that I'm not benefitting.

Another said Peter Obi did worse.

God must punish some people o walahi

Honestly, God's wrath must visit them. How they now justify everything is beyond comprehension.
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by BenuePolitician(m): 9:45pm On Jan 07
Betta scam has officially started work! Up Tinubu APC grin
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Bimpe29: 9:56pm On Jan 07
Beta Edu's cup is almost full. Her case is really a litmus test for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's stance on zero tolerance for corruption.
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Melagros(m): 10:03pm On Jan 07
Blacklion3:

What a man can steal, a woman can steal better
grin
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by miceroms: 10:35pm On Jan 07
This is shameful.
How can the logistics to share 20k be bigger for the persons coming.
There is no need for anybody to even come, just collect the list from the state government or your representative in the state and do electronic transfer from CBN.
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Fujiyama: 10:54pm On Jan 07
Lanruze:
Dr. Beta Edu may be a very brilliant Medical Doctor

^^^
grin

There are doctors on this forum. They know those who have made significant contributions to the profession. Is Beta Edu one of those contributors to the science of medicine? grin

This is exactly how some people fed us fables about a 'first class' undecided Chicago accountant - and you can see the results of his 'scholarship' etched in the gaunt, hollowed out faces of his countrymen.

Lets stick to today's topic, please. Edu's 'brilliance' is a topic for another day.

Lanruze:
In corruption fighting back, this memo prepared and advised by civil servants with the approval of the President, Dr. Beta Edu suggested a re-imbursment of the Programme director for the programme to the tune of approx. N590m whilst seeking approval of the OAGF to approve.

^^^
undecided

This is incorrect.

This memo was not suggesting a 'reimbursement'. I suggest you take another look at what the word really means.

Lanruze:
The money wasn't disbursed and memo dated 20th December, 2023 was retrieved by pure evil mischief makers to serve as a bait and to use evidence against the Ministers by disgruntled characters who were reported by Beta Edu earlier to the presidency.

If indeed the money wasn't disbursed in the end, then the system did what it was supposed to do. All that needs to be done is for this to be stated clearly enough to the hearing of all. Why isn't this being done? Putting that aside...the fact that a federal minister attempted to violate civil service rules on payments is a separate matter that also needs to be addressed. Another point just came to mind...if the money wasn't disbursed, then that means that Bridget Oniyelu is still being owed money by the federal government, right? After all, what does the word 'reimburse' mean? undecided

When some of us saw right through this administration from the beginning and we made this point over and over again - their attack dogs here went into overdrive. I have said this a thousand times: without public sector reform, this country is going absolutely nowhere. Without strengthening our institutions, we are running fast while standing still. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Remove price controls, fuel subsidies etc. Unify exchange rates etc. (Let's ignore the fact that these policies have been quietly reversed). Gallivant round the world and make a big show of attracting foreign direct investment. Without cleaning up the nuts and bolts of government and how it works, absolutely nothing worthwhile will be achieved - and we will all be right back where we started...or perhaps even worse off than we were in the beginning.

This administration has shown over and over again that it does not have what it takes to move this country to where it desperately needs to be. The Oronsaye Report, the Joda Report etc. are gathering dust on some shelf somewhere - while the City Boy and his crew lumber and stagger from one unforced error to the next.

Propaganda has limits.

2 Likes

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Ayatullah(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07
Betta Edu said Bishop David Oyedepo prayed for her to be Minister, yet the Bishop cannot see that Betta Edu will be a Treasury Looter. What a fake Bishop.

2 Likes

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Ayatullah(m): 11:20pm On Jan 07
tallfish145:
God knows i never liked that lady even b4 she became a minister

Never like her too, a Health Commissioner who is a Medical Doctor under Governor Ayade with a long hawkish nails has been a living failure to me. Now she has proven me right 101%

2 Likes

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by KAKERE: 11:56pm On Jan 07
Nawao! Even driver that suppose drive to Lokoja dey collect N200k for flight to the same Lokoja. What is this country turning into?
I'm sure this is the norm in most MDAs and that explained why this went through. She was in Kogi already, so the payment was done, no doubt.
I wont comment much until I see similar travel plan from other ministries. I'm sure there are people within that ain't happy with the woman for this level of sensitive information to freely hit the press effortlessly.
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Yankee101: 4:17am On Jan 08
Nigeria has an over bloated government that steals and/or mismanage most of the funds

1 Like

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by Darkjudge24: 4:38am On Jan 08
I'm perceiving hand of enemies in this @betta Edu corruption scandal and those enemies know that media trial is the best tool to blackmail someone, so i as a person I'm standing by her until proven guilty. Sahara reporter must tell who is bankrolling them

1 Like

Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by ogbumosquito1(m): 7:36am On Jan 08
Scapegoat. She thought it's business as usual. More probes will be welcomed
Re: Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport by HRMK: 8:24am On Jan 08
I WONDER WHY ANY NIGERIAN SHOULD BE SO SURPRISED ABOUT THIS WOMAN!
WAS SHE NOT APC WOMAN LEADER?SHE IS USED TO DISTRIBUTING MONEY ARBITRARILY IN THE PARTY!NOTHING NEW IN WHAT SHE HAS DONE!SHE SHOULD BE SACKED AND PROSECUTED!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soludo: This Nonsense Must Stop, Citizens Must Take Power - Aisha Yesufu / Dismissed Sergeant Impersonated Classmate For 21 Years / Fashola Exits His Office On His Last Day As Governor Of Lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.