Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,937 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover (17617 Views)

Gbajabiamila’s Memo To Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Shows Tinubu Spent 3bn / Suspended Minister Betta Edu Sharing Dollars To Her Loyalist: Video / 2023: Atiku To Formally Declare Presidential Aspiration On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Jagabanarmy: 1:34am On Jan 09
dre11:
.Permanent Secretary still awaiting official memo

https://tribuneonlineng.com/just-in-suspended-minister-betta-edu-yet-to-formally-handover/
She's still crying her eyes out...no room for corruption in this administration.. period.
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by cuteboy2: 1:38am On Jan 09
Correction: Shadiya stole N37billion. The figures are are still being rallied as more funds are being traced to private accounts.
👇👇

https://www.nairaland.com/7962072/sadiya-finally-honours-efcc-invitation

cuteboy2:
You mention all these ones, but you conveniently forgot to mention the following:

* Sadiya Umar-Farouk former minister in the same ministry who stole billions (over N30 billion so far traced by EFCC to private accounts).

* Hadiza Bello Usman (NPA MD under Buhari) who set all procurement rules aside, and cleaned out billions.

For some strange reasons brazen stealing of public funds by Northern public office holders appears normal to some people.

https://www.nairaland.com/7962072/sadiya-finally-honours-efcc-invitation

Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by drmuchin: 1:47am On Jan 09
E be like cell dey hungry this over ripe paw paw
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by ivolt: 1:55am On Jan 09
Harrynight:

Women, when given opportunity are almost more corrupt than their male counterparts
Beta Edu
Patricia Etteh
Alison Madueke
Etc etc
See this ignoramus.
Being caught doesn't make someone more corrupt, it just means they are inexperienced in the scheme.
In fact, those names you mentioned wouldn't make the top 1000 which is dominated by men
if ranked by amount diverted and converted for personal use.

1 Like

Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by faceland: 3:18am On Jan 09
If the president recommend your suspension, madam, obey and even RESIGN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ssyqgU7dY

If I were you, I would resign to signer to baba that I am truly sorry.
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by naturefellow(m): 3:34am On Jan 09
Hollyharjii:
Can anyone tell me the first Minister to be suspended since the end of Obj tenure?
what's your point
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Spidermon: 3:36am On Jan 09
I go like to knack this Betta babe.
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by LastProphet: 4:18am On Jan 09
36yr old lady that's made minister in the most unlikely country resorts to stealing instead of creating name for herself. Just like yaya bello who would have set himself up as an icon the youth can look up to but rather chose to steal from poor logic indigenous and murder opponents. What an unfortunate country
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by CrossRhodes: 4:24am On Jan 09
SalamRushdie:
Handing over to a perm sec that probably participated in the looting with her and the previous minister
Yet, she must handover to same.

That's the standard
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by CaptainFM1: 4:49am On Jan 09
Even Betta is not Better!
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Hopez456(m): 6:38am On Jan 09
Harrynight:

Women, when given opportunity are almost more corrupt than their male counterparts
Beta Edu
Patricia Etteh
Alison Madueke
Etc etc
Add Stella Oduah to your list.

1 Like

Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by gbemishile: 7:09am On Jan 09
15 minutes after the letter was received,our correspondence...
I never see that kain thing b4
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by omobonike43s: 7:18am On Jan 09
Seriously am not in support of this mismanagement of this lady but am really sorry for her and I know she will scape through of this investigationSeriously am not in support of this mismanagement of this lady but am really sorry for her and I know she will scape through of this investigation...
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Tzar(m): 7:57am On Jan 09
She may have wasted a rare opportunity for youths and women to show capacity for leadership! Greed!
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by ajepako(f): 8:09am On Jan 09
GanagiBitrus:

Any Public Servant who misappropriates over ₦1million will be publicly executed by firing squad.

Imagine if there is such a law in Nigeria, Corruption in high places go just stop. smiley

Can you imagine?

Make dem come start with OBJ, GEJ, BAT, PMB, Fashola, Wike, Ayade, Aregbe, Obiano, Akpabio, Ameachi, Orji Kalu, Lie Muhammed, FFK, Dino Melaye, Gbenga Daniel, Gbajabiamila, Saraki, Dangote,Yaya Bello, Diezani, Emefiele, Dapo Abiodun, uduagha, Melee Kyari, Okorocha, El-Rufai, MC Oluomo, Hadi Sirika,Ortom, Ibori etc as first batch to face Firing squad..

I will pay one million to be in the front row to watch grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Babinski: 8:23am On Jan 09
Proudlyomonna:

Are You saying Tinubu and His APC disaster have anything close to good agenda for Nigeria?
Chia when will We starting doing good mental drilling on the psychological and ideological standings of this political structures undecided
Bro the only reason APC was formed was to grab power from PDP and to ensure that they hold on to it at all cost.
This Country You see so na just politics to APC nothing more nothing less.

Nigerians are in a maximum mess under this APC disaster, tribalism no go gree una understand.

Tinubu has a better agenda than Buhari had and your u can see it in his appointees and some of his decisions. The nation is feeling the impact of subsidy removal but that is a decision Atiku and Obi also supported in their campaigns. How the situation is managed overall is what may differ.

Look at what the Minister of Interior has done, clearing backlogs in Passport and making the process faster. Betta Edu has been suspended and will serve as warning to other appointees. This is something Buhari never did. I learnt N 200 million and N 100 million was given by Tinubu to each Senator and House of Rep member in December to give palliatives to their constituents. It will not be surprising if most of them simply pocket the money.

One of the major problems with leadership in Nigeria is that you cannot do the work alone and most of the people you try to use are likely thieves and opportunists. There is institutional corruption at such level that evening you as a President says something, you can see some appointees or officers furthering their own interests secretly to thwart your vision and instructions.

If the President orders the Police to secretly investigate you for example, a top ranking Police Officer on your payroll will inform you and except your offense is so glaring, they may even submit a report exonerating you to the Presidency if you pay them very well. That is how bad the country is.

APC is not a party of saints at all as it is also a reflection of the fact that Nigeria is not a country peopled by saints and completely honourable citizens. It is a fact the average Nigerian doesn't hate corruption when it benefits him. He only hates it when it is against him. We all need to work on ourselves. Arm chair criticism is easy.
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by seunayantokun(m): 10:42am On Jan 09
Is she that very stubborn?
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by bjdon: 10:51am On Jan 09
All of this is just for sure. She's a young lady, so they can use her to pretend they are fighting corruption. Nothing will happen. Meanwhile the real LOOTERS are carrying on as normal.
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Karlifate: 11:25am On Jan 09
LastProphet:
36yr old lady that's made minister in the most unlikely country resorts to stealing instead of creating name for herself. Just like yaya bello who would have set himself up as an icon the youth can look up to but rather chose to steal from poor logic indigenous and murder opponents. What an unfortunate country

Tzar:
She may have wasted a rare opportunity for youths and women to show capacity for leadership! Greed!

All those advocates screaming: "include youths", "include women" in politics are nowhere to be found now.

Youths (and women) are being given opportunity to serve & create a good standard for their [young] successors. They didn't do that, but decided to turn the dilapidated country sidedownup angry
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Proudlyomonna: 1:22pm On Jan 09
Babinski:

Tinubu has a better agenda than Buhari had and your u can see it in his appointees and some of his decisions. The nation is feeling the impact of subsidy removal but that is a decision Atiku and Obi also supported in their campaigns. How the situation is managed overall is what may differ.

Look at what the Minister of Interior has done, clearing backlogs in Passport and making the process faster. Betta Edu has been suspended and will serve as warning to other appointees. This is something Buhari never did. I learnt N 200 million and N 100 million was given by Tinubu to each Senator and House of Rep member in December to give palliatives to their constituents. It will not be surprising if most of them simply pocket the money.

One of the major problems with leadership in Nigeria is that you cannot do the work alone and most of the people you try to use are likely thieves and opportunists. There is institutional corruption at such level that evening you as a President says something, you can see some appointees or officers furthering their own interests secretly to thwart your vision and instructions.

If the President orders the Police to secretly investigate you for example, a top ranking Police Officer on your payroll will inform you and except your offense is so glaring, they may even submit a report exonerating you to the Presidency if you pay them very well. That is how bad the country is.

APC is not a party of saints at all as it is also a reflection of the fact that Nigeria is not a country peopled by saints and completely honourable citizens. It is a fact the average Nigerian doesn't hate corruption when it benefits him. He only hates it when it is against him. We all need to work on ourselves. Arm chair criticism is easy.

After all said and done,APC is and was never created to help or deal with the issues that bedevils Nigeria. They came for nothing else but POWER, POWER,POWER.

May the strongest survive.
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Ishilove: 2:03pm On Jan 09
This kind of thievery is the norm in most Federal Government ministries and parastatal. She was just unlucky to have been caught.
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by trappatoni(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09
Iorhunasimon:
I'm disappointed I was thinking she can prove to Nigeria that young people really need to by given a chance, but now is crystal clear that young people are more devilish than the old ones.
na dis one pain me pass...like which mouth young people get again?
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by LastProphet: 4:59pm On Jan 09
Karlifate:

All those advocates screaming: "include youths", "include women" in politics are nowhere to be found now.

Youths (and women) are being given opportunity to serve & create a good standard for their [young] successors. They didn't do that, but decided to turn the dilapidated country sidedownup angry

It's because of the society we created.
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Harrynight(m): 7:44pm On Jan 09
ivolt:

See this ignoramus.
Being caught doesn't make someone more corrupt.
In fact, those names you mentioned wouldn't make the top 1000 which is dominated by men
if ranked by amount diverted and converted for personal use.

Be there supporting all these use-_less and criminal political office holders nothing concern me,
Na you and your fellow miscreants dey suffer am
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Harrynight(m): 7:47pm On Jan 09
superCleanworks:
She is buying time and making phone calls to all her BIG GODS to change the suspension.

I am sure she didn't see that her JANUARY would be like this when she was at CROSSOVER service. 😂

What a way to start the year.

I just love seeing politicians get caught, suffering as action taken on them
Re: Suspended Minister, Betta Edu Yet To Formally Handover by Hollyharjii: 6:43pm On Jan 10
naturefellow:
what's your point

My point is to know who her mentor is

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State House Press Release On Kano Boko Haram Attack / Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands / Obaseki Alleges Plot To Intimidate, Arrest PDP Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.