Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu (22127 Views)

Oshiomhole In Benin City Despite Arrest Order Issued By Obaseki (Video) / Tony Kabaka Reacts To Demolition Of His Hotel In Edo By Obaseki (Video) / Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by IAMBOSS1990: 12:06pm On Jan 10
The Deputy Governor of Edo State, Philip Shaibu, has expressed his sense of betrayal by his principal, Godwin Obaseki, for not backing his candidature in the upcoming 2024 governorship election.

Shaibu, who claimed that he was persuaded to be the deputy governor to Obaseki, said he added value to his principal’s government in terms of political structure and his finances.

Speaking during an interview on Arise TV on Wednesday, the Peoples Democratic Party governorship aspirant said he was hurt that Obaseki was supporting an outsider instead of him.

However, he didn’t name who the outsider is.

“Actually, I was persuaded and there was no protest. I actually didn’t want to be a deputy governor. I was very comfortable in the House of Representatives. It took almost one month to get me to accept to be the deputy governor of Edo State.

“I accepted to add value to the ticket of Obaseki because Obaseki was not known and he was not one of the politicians. They needed a young, vibrant politician that has won election before and that can add political value to the ticket,” he said.

Speaking on his perceived betrayal, he said, “I feel betrayed by the governor. I feel very betrayed. When we go to church, there are certain biblical verses that are becoming to make meaning to me. There is this particular verse that has been going through my mind: ‘The heart of man is desperately wicked.’ When I see what the governor is doing, the verse now makes meaning to me.

“I added value in terms of my political structure, my finances. All the vehicles that were used to campaign in 2016 are mine.

“I lost about 20% of my political capital in Edo North to support Godwin Obaseki, and in supporting him even as deputy governor.

“I supported the second term bid of the governor with my finances. Including how we got the ticket of the PDP, I contributed financially, both in naira and in dollars. If I say betrayal, it’s an understatement. I feel very hurt and betrayed.”

Shaibu is from Edo North Senatorial District, the same district as the ex-governor of the state, Adams Oshiomhole.

The deputy governor has been having a running battle with his principal over his political ambitions.

Shaibu had earlier asked an Abuja High Court to stop Obaseki and members of the state House of Assembly from impeaching him at the peak of the dispute.
He later withdrew the case.

Tension heightened between the two when Shaibu was relocated to another office situated outside the Government House.

Shaibu was the President of the National Association of Nigerian Students between 2000 and 2001.

In 2015, he was declared the winner of the House of Representatives election held in the Etsako Federal Constituency.

Shaibu made a formal announcement expressing his desire to compete for the Peoples Democratic Party ticket in the party primaries in November 2023.

“As your deputy governor in the last seven years, I have had the privilege of working closely with our amiable governor, Godwin Obaseki, to lay a solid foundation for the progress in Edo State,” he stated during his announcement.

Source: https://punchng.com/i-feel-betrayed-by-obaseki-shaibu/?utm_source=top-story&utm_medium=web

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Breadandpeppers(f): 12:08pm On Jan 10
If all the deputy governors decides to be governors how will fresh people enter those seats, the greediness of this politicians is something else

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Righthussle: 12:16pm On Jan 10
Abeg shift I no dey like ungrateful people

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by GboyegaD(m): 12:19pm On Jan 10
He supported Obaseki in betraying Oshiomole and APC, he needs not cry foul. He should have learned at that point Obaseki cannot be trusted. Wonder why he is feeling pained now. He should accept his fate and prepare for the primaries. He might pull another "Edo no be Lagos."

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by ProudNigerian01: 12:20pm On Jan 10
EXPECTATIONS!

You see in this life, learn to expect less from people, if not they will disappoint you and then you will get offended, like that your heart will become caged and unforgiveness will grow. The less you expect from people the better life you will have.

Do good to people but don't expect anything in return, God will reward you for your goodness. Don't expect or put your trust in man to return favour for favour, they may end up returning evil sef: Ps.118.8 - It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in man.

As we no hear Obaseki side, it's better not to judge.

God loves you and wants your heart to be free and for you to stay away from sin and live a life that honours him.

Obey Him today and watch your life change for the better. Do righteousness and justice in order to please him today: Prov.21.3 - To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Cantonese: 12:23pm On Jan 10
Betrayal is the twin brother of politics. If you do not want to be betrayed, keep off politics.
Shuaibu lost touch with this reality in politics.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Faiththatworks(m): 12:24pm On Jan 10
Hi

1 Like

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Paraman: 12:26pm On Jan 10
IAMBOSS1990:

“I supported the second term bid of the governor with my finances. Including how we got the ticket of the PDP, I contributed financially, both in naira and in dollars. If I say betrayal, it’s an understatement. I feel very hurt and betrayed.”

Source: https://punchng.com/i-feel-betrayed-by-obaseki-shaibu/?utm_source=top-story&utm_medium=web
Where did he get the dollars and nairas he spend on the election? Obaseki and shuaibu spent a lot to get the PDP ticket.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Salubata(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10
You're reaping what you sow.

You were happy then when Oshiomhole was being cut to size, you attacked him verbally and all sort of bad politicism.
Someone who brought you to political limelight, all because of Obaseki.

Now, Obaseki has given you his dose of political backstabbing.
Enjoy it

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by seborrhic: 12:29pm On Jan 10
It's either Shaibu is deliberately trying to be clownish or he is deluded because even the blind and the deaf could see and hear there was no way Obaseki was going to support his bid for governorship.
No person in Obaseki shoes would even support him unless that governor lacks commonsense because if someone like Shaibu goes ahead and wins the seat with all he has passed through under Obaseki he would just be his tormentor in chief repaying back for all he made Shaibu pass through now that he has executive powers.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Forumites: 12:34pm On Jan 10
Breadandpeppers:
If all the deputy governors decides to be governors how will fresh people enter those seats, the greediness of this politicians is something else
a fresh person can learn the ropes by becoming a deputy governor. Obaseki betrayed the guy she.

12 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by oldguyman: 12:44pm On Jan 10
You're reaping what you sow. When you betrayed your brother, outsider will not trust you. Shaibu should kiss his political ambition goodbye.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by alphaconde(m): 12:45pm On Jan 10
Shuaibu also disappointed me, i was going to say I have never seen a loyal deputy as HIM the way he stood by OBASEKI.

Am really shocked He couldnt keep to the end.

E no good to support bad thing whether it favor u now or not

10 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by inoki247: 12:46pm On Jan 10
Lol if you don't want to get betrayed den don't join Politics....

Just go enjoy your 8yrs looting in peace with ur Principal...

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by porthouse7(f): 12:46pm On Jan 10
U set betrayed oshimole , politics is like that

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by AngelicBeing: 12:47pm On Jan 10
angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Nigercity: 12:49pm On Jan 10
Oga go and rest
It's esan peoples turn

13 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by dataking: 12:50pm On Jan 10
Liar, after all you both stole. Even if all your lies made sense initially. The last part doesn’t add up. Which sitting governor in Nigeria needs money from a deputy to run for governorship election again. Corrupt lot.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by richie240: 12:50pm On Jan 10
Dhur, did you not betray oshiomole??
Keep playing!
cool

7 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Izuchukwu70: 12:50pm On Jan 10
IAMBOSS1990:

Source: https://punchng.com/i-feel-betrayed-by-obaseki-shaibu/?utm_source=top-
story&utm_medium=web

Oshomole is watching you 👀

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Egalitarian1: 12:51pm On Jan 10
Betrayal in an integral part of politics in this part of the world. Pe le Egbon Shaibu! Though most of your assertions are not far from the truth.
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by ILoveNG: 12:52pm On Jan 10
You are either seeking public sympathy or you are a bad student of history and politics.

Should anyone still be shocked by any form of betrayal from a serial betrayer ??

7 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by emkz: 12:52pm On Jan 10
Philip, while it is your legitimate right to contest, I think you should let the Esans have it.

Asue Ighodalo is competent, experienced and ready. He has a track record of company board memberships and built a successful law firm that mentored and continues to mentor successful lawyers. He headed the boards of Sterling Bank and Nigerian Breweries, and we can attest to his competence as board member of Okomu Oil.

You, on the other hand, have experience as a NANS President and prison official before you became a full-time politician. Your experiences have not brought a good deal for Edo State.

The first time I knew you was when you were a member of the Edo State House of Assembly and your greatest contribution was supervising thugs coming to invade the State House of Assembly. You are also accused to have boys who collect illegal taxes from Edo citizens without remitting same to the government coffers. Is this true?

You may think you have good intentions, but your controversies are one too many. In your interview with TVC, you claimed to know all the cult leaders in Edo State and could talk to them to stop killings. Did you have to say that. You also said you felt betrayed by Governor Obaseki. That was not a sensible thing to say.

Dear Philip, Edo State needs someone who is level-headed, temperate, who has built people, businesses and community. Your head is too hot.

Asue Ighodalo is the man for Edo State. You have to become a statesman.

21 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by RichDad1(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10
Shuibu of all people ? cheesy cheesy
The same person that connived with others to betrayed Oshiomole? You’re just starting the beginning of the end of your political career.

7 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by mytime24(f): 12:53pm On Jan 10
Eeyaa
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by israelmao(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10
The truth is now coming out the spurious public display of peace and unity is fading away.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Appletek: 12:55pm On Jan 10
When you were doing it to Osho baba, you didn't know.

You are ugly and foolish on top.

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Appletek: 12:57pm On Jan 10
Foolish man

1 Like

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Patojargz: 12:57pm On Jan 10
Breadandpeppers:

Anybody can contest!!! Sentiments aside

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by fergie001: 12:58pm On Jan 10
Nobody betrayed you, Philip.
You are talking of begging you to become a Deputy Governor or Oshiomhole gave you the grace to get immunity so as not to go to jail after forgery, which one?

It's Edo Central's turn, relax Comrade.

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Patojargz: 12:58pm On Jan 10
Normally!!!
Re: I Feel Betrayed By Obaseki – Shaibu by Omenlon: 1:00pm On Jan 10
Is there a spirit that knockouts senses from an individual once the person becomes a politician?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don’t Prosecute Jonathan, Bayelsa PDP Chieftain Begs Buhari / Sowore Won’t Be Released Until Due Process Is Followed – DSS / Henry Okah Insists President Jonathan Masterminded Two Bomb Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.