Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. (23465 Views)

Monday Ubani: I Asked God To Disgrace Magu Out Of Office For Detaining Me / Police Redeploy Zamfara DPO For ‘working With Bandits / Police Remove Ademola Adeleke’s Name From Exam Malpractices Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by jacoik(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10
When will the dpo be kill. Why do you want to slap our erudite lawyer
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by StUriah(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10
"Police is your friend" - story for the gods.

A country where law enforcement officers are proficient in breaking the laws; where extortion is the norm amongst their ranks and files; where money is forcibly collected (using POS machine) from victims held in ransom under the guise of detainment or incarceration.

Hope these atrocities and brutalities would not bring about another ENDSARS?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by Mvnster: 3:52pm On Jan 10
BondRiv:
This rubbish needs to stop. Even officers that can't spell their names harass lawyers at police stations.

All those involved should be prosecuted.
I cant remember how many times i saw "he disrespected dpo or area commannder" in this write up, why we love oppress others at any opportunity remains a serious mystery.

4 Likes

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by clockwisereport: 3:53pm On Jan 10
abhosts:
Naija Police and Soldiers are like delinquent kids from the same parents. I was so shocked to see people that claimed to love Nigeria take the side of the lawless soldier against Gov Sanwo-Olu. I am now routing for Sanwo-Olu's success because he exhibited passionate leadership traits in that exchange.

Governor Sanwo-olu was also plying one way.

The laws are not meant to be obeyed by only the poor in the society. The leaders should lead by example.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by tishbite41(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10
What fuckery
This is pure dehumanization
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by BondRiv: 3:55pm On Jan 10
The DPO said a woman cannot be a surety? Is there no legal unit in the police to advise them on the law?

This is the foundation of the problem of the police. They have no knowledge of the law they are enforcing.

The NBA should organize a mandatory seminar for them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by ReubenE(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10
Administration1:
If CCTV come out make i bend
They've seen it that's why the police authority is now begging for amicable settlement.

Nobody is even talking about the police charging 30,000 for bail because of carpenter and chairs.
Nigeria police is one dark hole that whenever I see people supporting them, it saddens me.
If you report a matter at the station, the reporter (complaint) will pay and the accused will pay as well

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by Classicalman(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10
Nigerian Police Force is filled with unruly ape s

4 Likes

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by imagrg(m): 3:58pm On Jan 10
Some members of the Police Force are giving the Police a bad name.

Go to the State CID in Edo State and see how youths are harassed and extorted.

4 Likes

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by Telltruth123: 4:03pm On Jan 10
BondRiv:
The DPO said a woman cannot be a surety? Is there no legal unit in the police to advise them on the law?

This is the foundation of the problem of the police. They have no knowledge of the law they are enforcing.

A woman went to report at a police station about her neighbor who always come to her door and shout that she wants to fight her, could you believe that a police man detained the woman who came to report that she did not inform her husband.
I don't just understant how our Nigerian police work.

7 Likes

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by ReubenE(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10
imagrg:

Some members? They are all a bad name maybe with a very miniscule exception

2 Likes

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by drignet(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10
NOETHNICITY:
Is NBA that lawyers are above the law?

Get a good English teacher first before joining Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by gfelo(m): 4:08pm On Jan 10
Nigeria is waiting to explode is any slightest provocation, any protest in Lagos will escalate it, later they will call useless soldier to come and Control or subdue it.

The Bleep up always d start by police but army na dem dey come pack the sh*t.

I know say una go call me soldier I no mind until u have somebody in the force u won't understand.

1 Like

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by madridguy(m): 4:13pm On Jan 10
Kudos to the NBA for rallying round their own colleagues against police brutality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by simply22: 4:18pm On Jan 10
[/b][quote author=ReubenE post=127875757]
They've seen it that's why the police authority is now begging for amicable settlement.[b]

You are very correct.
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by Sermwell(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10
abhosts:
Naija Police and Soldiers are like delinquent kids from the same parents. I was so shocked to see people that claimed to love Nigeria take the side of the lawless soldier against Gov Sanwo-Olu. I am now routing for Sanwo-Olu's success because he exhibited passionate leadership traits in that exchange.
Same Sawwolu who took one way?? A leader is supposed to exercise some decorum in that circumstance!! But you saw how he was acting like some tout at ojuelegba buss top!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by joseph1832(m): 4:27pm On Jan 10
naptu2:

https://punchng.com/lagos-cp-removes-dpo-over-lawyers-detention-after-punch-report/
Imagine. So disrespecting police officers is what made the DPO detain that lawyer. I wonder just how stupid that DPO is.

It's good he's been removed. How I wish others can learn, but no, many police officers still see themselves as gods,, and continue to misbehave.

4 Likes

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by mrteee: 4:36pm On Jan 10
naptu2:
SP Benjamin Hundeyin @BenHundeyin

https://twitter.com/BenHundeyin/status/1744811791165608069

The same Benjamin Hundeyin that was spewing trash on Twitter on this matter??
Now, he has recanted when his superiors have taken the reasonable step.

4 Likes

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by kazma1010(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10
What are they talking about?
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by stagger: 4:51pm On Jan 10
imagrg:

Are you surprised? Was DSP George Iyamu not the one supplying firearms to Lawrence Anini's gang? A head of anti-robbery unit working with robbers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 5:02pm On Jan 10
I know police people can be so stew pead most times but nobody is talking about the carpenter that collected money only to do another thing.

Hospitalize ko hospitalize ni.

All of you should gerraway jare!
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by blowjohn(m): 5:05pm On Jan 10
This is serious o
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by maasoap(m): 5:08pm On Jan 10
geoworldedu:
Wonders always cooking in this part of the world. The police have grown wings and they feel they are above the law.
Anyways, the law here is too weak and many people are actually above it.
If they could treat a lawyer this way, imagine what they are doing to ordinary Nigerians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by maasoap(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10
CatchMeIfUCanMO:
I know police people can be so stew pead most times but nobody is talking about the carpenter that collected money only to do another thing.

Hospitalize ko hospitalize ni.

All of you should gerraway jare!
So what? He was arrested and he entered agreement in the presence of lawyer and police officers. What do you want to happen to him?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by Unbreakable007: 5:12pm On Jan 10
Maybe he is a discount lawyer.
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by geoworldedu: 5:13pm On Jan 10
maasoap:

If they could treat a lawyer this way, imagine what they are doing to ordinary Nigerians
Yes o, may we not fall prey of their evil plots.
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by maasoap(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10
BondRiv:

They actually know all these but just doing what they like. It is like Nigerian drivers overtaking at bends, overspeeding, drunk driving, refusing to obey road signs. Don't think they don't know these road rules and regulations. They do but won't obey

3 Likes

Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by Mcmichaelin1: 5:29pm On Jan 10
Na police go still go protect lives and properties at the protest ground
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by Walkat9t: 5:31pm On Jan 10
Make we dey watch first....
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by SporaD8: 5:57pm On Jan 10
Administration1:
If CCTV come out make i bend
Na one time the criminals go blame power failure!
Re: NBA Plans Protest As Police Remove DPO For Detaining Lawyer. by Opmic: 5:58pm On Jan 10
Sorry please is bail free in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want Buhari To Belong To Nobody – Tinubu / Unknown Gunmen Relocate To Anambra Forests, Partner Niger Delta Militants / Makarfi And Sheriff Release Joint Statement (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.