Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries (11870 Views)

Victims Of Gombe Bomb Blast In Hospital (Graphic Photos) / Pictures Of Gombe Boko Haram Bomb Victims ( Graphic Images) / Troops Apprehend Mastermind Of Gombe Bombing After Shoot-out (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by igbo2011(m): 3:28pm On Nov 04, 2011

The deputy governor of Gombe State, Mr. David Albashi, died yesterday in a German hospital of injuries he received in a car crash on Aug. 28.

A statement by the secretary to the Gombe State government, Alhaji Abubakar Bage, said Albashi died in the early hours of Friday.

``With total submission to the Will of the Almighty God, His Excellency Alhaji Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, governor of Gombe State, regrets to announce the passing away of His Excellency Mr. David Miyim Albashi, deputy governor of Gombe State, who died in Germany in the early hours of this morning.
“Accordingly, His Excellency has declared a seven-day period of mourning in the state with effect from Friday, 4th November, 2011.
``The Eid-el-Kabir celebration, which will be observed during this period, will, therefore, be low-keyed”.

Albashi was involved in a car crash on Aug. 28 on the Gombe-Yola road.

He was admitted at the Federal Medical Centre, Gombe, the same day and transferred to the National Hospital, Abuja, on Sept. 6.

Thereafter, he was flown to Germany on Sept. 15 for further medical attention.

Born on Jan. 15, 1959 in Tiksir, Kindiyo-Cham in Balanga local government area of Gombe State, Albashi attended Zakawon Primary School in Adamawa from 1970 to 1976.

From there, he enrolled at Teachers’ College, Toro, Bauchi State, from 1977 to 1981, where he obtained the Grade II Teachers’ Certificate before proceeding to the Kaduna Polytechnic, where he obtained a National Certificate in Education (NCE).

Albashi also obtained a Higher Diploma in Business Management and a post graduate diploma from the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, in 2006 and 2009 respectively.
He was a deputy chairman of Balanga local government council, member of the Board of Directors, Bauchi State Investment and Property Development Company, from 1993 to 1997.

The deceased also served as a member of the Governing Council of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Anambra state, as well as the Commissioner for water resources, works and agriculture in the state from 2003 to 2010.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/7836/2011/11/05/gombe_deputy_governor_dies_germany.html
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Kx: 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
May he RIP.

Since they are now seeing the end product of their utter disregard, govt should repair roads in his memory!
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2011
They should continue dying until they realize the need to sincerely build health centers and not those pens not even good enough for animals. They still believe they are untouchable by infrastructure decay. He should have bribed and intimidated death with his office.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Afam4eva(m): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2011
RIP Mr Deputy governor.

The government will move in asap to fix that particular road and leave other. Until it happens to an important person on another road, then they'll move into that specific road. Just pray that an important personality dies on a road near you.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by owobokiri(m): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
They didnt fly him out to Laos in time for medical check up?
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by amaham(m): 7:50pm On Nov 04, 2011
At least I don get prayer point 4 dis friday night vigil"God make enugu-ph road a dead trap 4 siren-blazing,convoy- riding,allocation-looting governor of my state
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by 1025: 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2011
one down, more to go. make all of them(rulers) dey die like that instead of only poor ppl dying.
God we thank u ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
may his soul rest in looting.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by SamMilla1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2011
welcomed news!
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2011
Maybe others will sit tight afterall they no dey carry money go heaven. No long thing !
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by meonbooty: 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
owobokiri:

Medical checkup after accident?

In fact, I am dumbfounded
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by doctokwus: 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2011
owobokiri:

If he had not bn flown out,u people wud av said its because he was receivin treatment in nigeria,he was flown out,u now say he wasn't flown out in time;can u not also fathom in ur brain that he cud av bn alive had he bn kept at the hosp in nigeria he got initial treatment?
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by emiye(m): 11:50pm On Nov 04, 2011
Unfortunate incident !      RIP!

For those blaming the accident that led to his death on bad road, i am aware the road was not bad.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by ak47mann(m): 2:46am On Nov 05, 2011
rip
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by owobokiri(m): 5:42am On Nov 05, 2011
meonbooty:

Medical checkup after accident?

In fact, I am dumbfounded

Ahah? Somebody went to Germany for "medical check-up" after catching a cold. No be naija again? Whether na check-up or check-in o o, all na elite fad that comes with sumpteous estacodes. The should fly his body to Mecca for burial this 'holy season' so it will be very easy for him to go to heaven with his loots. 'Overseas burials' will be the next symbol of power for naija top guns,
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by claremont(m): 9:45am On Nov 05, 2011
Fellow Nigerians die on a daily basis as a direct result of the bad state of roads in Nigeria. In the case of the deputy governor, I would say he died as a result of the recklessness of his official convoy on the road. I have a greater empathy for my fellow Nigerians, than for someone who died as a result of official recklessness.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Petmayor: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2011
rip!!!
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by owobokiri(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2011
pir!!!
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by sammirano: 11:59am On Nov 05, 2011
This is just the beginning.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Challas(m): 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2011
Since they've refused 2 give our basic infractures(roads,hospitals,etc)d attention they require,they will always bring their corpse back.They should know by now that their medical check ups abroad is no longer working.CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME, what does it really cost to equip a hospital,going 2 India,Saudi,Germany et al is not d solution. >>>R.I.H>>L>>
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by StudioCFR(m): 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2011
Lol grin
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Sagamite(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2011
I am just more focused on his qualifications.

There is no problem with some people without strong qualifications appointed to leading positions but when such people are the majority it is really scary.

No wonder places like these are in severe poverty and have over 60% total illiteracy.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by ayusaddy: 2:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
Mehn! This a pathetic-less pathetic situation!!! If you looted, rot in the deepest part of hell, else if, May your soul RIP.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by tuniski: 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
RIP, but let more of them face the same dangers we face evryday if they die fine,my people have been dying by d minute due to d nonchallance of his type nonsense this is no news!
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Sagamite(m): 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2011
I can't have pity for any top government official that dies of a road accident except I know him/her as someone that is unscrupulous, doing miracles in his/her work and a militant for the masses.

Worse still, he has the privilege to go abroad for treatment, while Nigerians are dying of easy things like malaria.

I am not going to condemn him as I don't know him and his work, but since I assume by default that all public officials that do not exhibit the qualities I listed above are criminals, I would also not feel sympathy or wish him well.

I pray to see someone like Odili suffer this fate so I can get my Fela beats out and rejoice.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by oderemo(m): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2011
Rip.
But y the 7 days of mourning for.the nonsense coming frm our govt.beat me.
this same death awaits all looters of our economy. U guys will rot in hell, obj, ibb, odili, bode,tinubu,the list is endless.e ni ku re.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Jean2(m): 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2011
One of the wisdom of God is death being a common denominator to all human. Unfortunately we mostly are foolish, we live life as if we know the next second.
You reading this, get ready to see your creator. Heaven is real, Hell is real. No man can save himself, better pray to God earnestly to save you. In God's presence no man can stand, He is that awesome in power and strength. We see fellow men and try to justify our sin. A day comes when you will face God alone, without His life in you, you are condemned already to everlasting damnation.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by juman(m): 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2011
owobokiri:

Abi oooo. Or fly him to chekokolansilabi   grin grin sebi we don't have good hospital in the country.

More of them should die joorrr. grin
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by member479760: 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2011
No good road, no good hospital and goes on!
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Rhino5dm: 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2011
This is actually the type of news i love to hear. This tragic accident would have passed unreported.

How am i suppose to sympathize with those responsible for the poor state of our roads?

I lost 5 of my best freinds on thesame day, due to ghastly motor accident. News like this is very welcoming to me.

Is there anything wrong with high profile "theifs" dying on the traps they set?

Abuja to Lokoja is one hell of a road that, hardly a day will pass without you seeing fresh dead bodies littered by the road side. Heck, they flew him alone to Germany leaving behinds his driver to die in pains.

The hunter hunted!!!.
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by ArQuAbOy(m): 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
No wonder you feel relieved he's dead
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2011
chei! walahi talahi i no go smell olongbo yansh!
Re: Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries by xpagnol: 5:41am On Nov 06, 2011
@Afam5eva , Guy u took those words from my mouth, am praying that one dies soon in my location,
I learnt they want to build local airporys in every state. but they forgot that the air isnt that safe too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Your Bvn Card [photo] / Osinbajo Insists Trader Moni Wasn't Used To Buy Votes / Fayemi Reveals Why Governors Insist On Creation Of State Police In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.