Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms (6252 Views)

2023 Presidency: Lawan To Pick Nomination Forms, Declare This Week / PDP Rakes In ₦646 Million From 17 Presidential Aspirants, Ends Forms Sale / Renovation Ongoing At Edo Assembly Complex As Shaibu, Okiye Arrive (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by adenigga(m): 2:50am On Jan 12

The Peoples Democratic Party has raked in N175 million from the sales of nomination and expression of interest forms to five aspirants for the Edo State governorship election.

The PUNCH reports that the Independent National Electoral Commission fixed September 21, 2024, for the state governorship election.

According to a schedule of activities of the election released by the PDP, the congress where its governorship candidate will emerge will be held on February 22, 2024.

Consequently, the PDP on Wednesday in Abuja began the sale of nomination and expression of interest forms to party members aspiring to the Edo governorship seat.

The expression of interest form is N5 million while the nomination form is N30 million.

Cumulatively, an aspirant is expected to pay N35 million.

With five aspirants who have already purchased the forms, the PDP has raked in N175 million into its coffer.

The daughter of Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, Blessing, was the first PDP aspirant from Edo to pick the forms at party headquarters, Wadata House, Abuja on Wednesday.

Other aspirants who picked the PDP nomination and expression of interest forms on Thursday are the Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu, Asue Ighodalo, Felix Akhabue, and Anslem Ojezua.
Source: https://punchng.com/PDP-rakes-in-N175m-as-Shaibu-others-pick-nomination-forms

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Kenochi(m): 3:51am On Jan 12
This life no balance my people,all the Edo no be Lagos crowd have suddenly gone quiet
The same Godfatherism that the Governor fought tooth and nail to dismantle is exactly what he is trying to rebuild
We all know the Governor's preferred candidate and all this people that bought forms are all pawns who will step down on the Day of the primary for the Governor's preferred candidate
The biggest loser in all this is the Deputy Governor,he will eat the humble pie by force
He is just being tolerated in PDP and I am confident that he will soon decamp to another party to fulfil his ambition

I have been pondering over a thought and want to ask people on the forum
Funke Akindele's movie" A tribe called Judah" is being celebrated for being the first Nollywood movie to cross the 1 billion naira mark,Femi Otedola gave away 1 billion naira to the Lagos State Security Trust Fund (LSSTF)
My question is this: Who is a Billionaire,is it the one that makes a Billion or the one that gives away a Billion
Kindly check my signature for good titled properties

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by money121(m): 3:53am On Jan 12
Ok
Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by jkpbestseries: 5:00am On Jan 12
last last things will be fine
Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Maxymilliano(m): 5:36am On Jan 12
Any candidate from Esan is ok by me ...

Awalokan

10 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by naija4life247: 5:53am On Jan 12
Edo no be Lagos, yet Igbinedion's daughter get liver to contest for Edo state governor after court don jail her useless elder brother unLucky Igbinedion for looting the state.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by bigdammyj: 8:18am On Jan 12
Noted.
Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Jestin: 8:20am On Jan 12
It is end of the road for Philip Shaibu

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Jamie248: 8:20am On Jan 12
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/PDP-rakes-in-N175m-as-Shaibu-others-pick-nomination-forms

And you expect them to get there and not rob you blind?

Nigerian democracy is a huge bad joke
Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Westerhoffe(m): 8:20am On Jan 12
😁

You'd pay ₦35m to contest for an office your annual salary is about ₦11.5m according to the link provided below.

Nigeria, I hail thee.

https://nigeriansearchguide.com/governors-salary-structure-in-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Bambam321(m): 8:22am On Jan 12
Kenochi:
This life no balance my people,all the Edo no be Lagos crowd have suddenly gone quiet
The same Godfatherism that the Governor fought tooth and nail to dismantle is exactly what he is trying to rebuild
We all know the Governor's preferred candidate and all this people that bought forms are all pawns who will step down on the Day of the primary for the Governor's preferred candidate
The biggest loser in all this is the Deputy Governor,he will eat the humble pie by force
He is just being tolerated in PDP and I am confident that he will soon decamp to another party to fulfil his ambition

Funke Akindele's movie" A tribe called Judah" is being celebrated for being the first Nollywood movie to cross the 1 billion naira mark,Femi Otedola gave away 1 billion naira to the Lagos State Security Trust Fund (LSSTF)
My question is this: Who is a Billionaire,is it the one that makes a Billion or the one that gives away a Billion

If thats how you view it then i can say you arent saying the truth , the main issue is rotational government , the next zone the governor should come from is edo central , edo north and edo south have all enjoyed the ambiance of the osadebe house , power have to shift , thats the sand of the governor , oshomole was from edo north , shaibu is also from edo north , nah edo north get edo ?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by ACRI: 8:23am On Jan 12
That Deputy Phillip just frittered away #35 million na wah o

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Impregnable101: 8:23am On Jan 12
naija4life247:
Edo no be Lagos, yet Igbinedion's daughter get liver to contest for Edo state governor after court don jail her useless elder brother unLucky Igbinedion for looting the state.
that one nor get pass 9 votes, from her family members

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by lonelydora: 8:24am On Jan 12
PDP, the looters party.

They can have states, but never again will they smell Aso Rock. Nonsense party.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Chinjo2: 8:25am On Jan 12
Shaibu is just wasting his time and resources.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by missbond007: 8:27am On Jan 12
You are right.... but I think the BEST MAN should win. Edo State has bright minds but sadly, it isn't reflected in the standard of living of the citizens.

Bambam321:

If thats how you view it then i can say you arent saying the truth , the main issue is rotational government , the next zone the governor should come from is edo central , edo north and edo south have all enjoyed the ambiance of the osadebe house , power have to shift , thats the sand of the governor , oshomole was from edo north , shaibu is also from edo north , nah edo north get edo ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by ArcFresky(m): 8:31am On Jan 12
On twitter someone said Edo no dey carry last, if everyone behaved like Benin people, Nigeria would have improved.

looking at the state that looks like an outdoor shrine,
looking at the fact that an Igbenedion is contesting, I dare say, Edo naa last.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by xxgig(m): 8:33am On Jan 12
Bambam321:

Alot of people here are just to say half truth to support their own beliefs.
It is time for Edo central to lead.
This could just bring the development the state needs. After all both North and South failed .
Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by ppogba: 8:38am On Jan 12
They better sell more forms.

Father Xmas Wike no gree for anybody again.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by JDJDjD: 8:50am On Jan 12
Kenochi:

this is not a godfatherism matter
we all have agreed that Edo central produce the next governor.
Philip Shaibu contesting is making Obaseki to do whatever he is doing and we all support him
if Shaibu did not contest, Obaseki wont be putting his mouth in all of these
without Obaseki and the Esans combining to produce a single candidate, shaibu will win landslide

it is different from what oshiomole did
Oshiomole deputy is from Edo south like Obaseki but Oshiomole frustrated him to install Obaseki

if all the major aspirants are from Edo Central and Obaseki is siding one of them, we would have resisted him
simple

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:06am On Jan 12
Kenochi:

Do you actually know the meaning of godfather? Supporting someone to get a job is not godfather. It only becomes godfather after you have helped him in getting the job and you start to control him, you will be the one to decide how he should do the job and try to control him in proxy and to some extent demands some percentage of some revenue he got as a settlement. For now, you can't call it godfather .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Jorussia(m): 9:12am On Jan 12
Bambam321:

I am from Edo state and i can tell u people are not thinking about power rotation.I used to be an advocate of esan until recently i realised over 90% of Edo voters don't care about power rotation. It's only PDP that will give esan governorship ticket. Both APC and LP are going Edo south.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Jorussia(m): 9:17am On Jan 12
Odidigboigbo:
Do you actually know the meaning of godfather? Supporting someone to get a job is not godfather. It only becomes godfather after you have helped him in getting the job and you start to control him, you will be the one to decide how he should do the job and try to control him in proxy and to some extent demands some percentage of some revenue he got as a settlement. For now, you can't call it godfather .
That's how you guys shift goal post.To try to intimidate your deputy and impose your preferred candidate is not godfatherism again?

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Jorussia(m): 9:19am On Jan 12
JDJDjD:

this is not a godfatherism matter
we all have agreed that Edo central produce the next governor.
Philip Shaibu contesting is making Obaseki to do whatever he is doing and we all support him
if Shaibu did not contest, Obaseki wont be putting his mouth in all of these
without Obaseki and the Esans combining to produce a single candidate, shaibu will win landslide

it is different from what oshiomole did
Oshiomole deputy is from Edo south like Obaseki but Oshiomole frustrated him to install Obaseki

if all the major aspirants are from Edo Central and Obaseki is siding one of them, we would have resisted him
simple
How many of u agreed Edo central should produce the next Governor of Edo state? Where was the meeting held and Edo people decided to zone governorship to Edo central?

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Emma1Oj(m): 9:29am On Jan 12
naija4life247:
Everyone, including tou knows she no follow. She jus had to the number and who will not collect her money for form.
Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Abujaexpress: 9:30am On Jan 12
Bambam321:

No body is saying power should not shift to Edo Central, but must it be the Governor that should be pushing for a particular candidate from that zone? Why not allow a level playing ground for all aspirants from the zone?

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:33am On Jan 12
Jorussia:
That's how you guys shift goal post.To try to intimidate your deputy and impose your preferred candidate is not godfatherism again?
Please check the meaning of godfather first before disputing my claim, and if you want to counter my line of argument, please be logical.
Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by bjdon: 9:36am On Jan 12
Kenochi:

Edo no be Lagos
There is nothing wrong with a governor having a preferred candidate to replace him. The difference between Edo and Lagos is that the 3 candidates (PDP, LP , APC) will fight it out on a level playing field. Obaseki can only influence the candidate of the PDP, nothing more. No 'MC Olumo' type characters will be going around whipping and attacking people who do not vote PDP, as happned in Lagos.
Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by JDJDjD: 9:52am On Jan 12
Jorussia:
How many of u agreed Edo central should produce the next Governor of Edo state? Where was the meeting held and Edo people decided to zone governorship to Edo central?
It is what it is bro
Any party that didn't produce someone from Edo central as their candidate is just wasting time
Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by Olawade24: 10:04am On Jan 12
ArcFresky:
On twitter someone said Edo no dey carry last, if everyone behaved like Benin people, Nigeria would have improved.

looking at the state that looks like an outdoor shrine,
looking at the fact that an Igbenedion is contesting, I dare say, Edo naa last.

Bros abeg na, which one be state looking like an outdoor shrine.

Abi u no wa gree for anybody this year.

Savage kill you there!!! grin
Re: Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms by khattab02: 10:56am On Jan 12
Jorussia:
👍

(1) (2) (Reply)

Huge Capital Flight Hits Nigerian Economy / Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print / Obiano Calls For Highrise As Big Hitters Joins In Awka Development!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.