Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design (29233 Views)

Wike Visits Abuja Metro And Kukwaba Train Stations (Photos) / It Will Be Disastrous, If PDP Fails To Give Me The Ticket~ Alhaji Atiku Abubakar / Buhari, Amaechi & El-Rufai At The Commissioning Of Abuja Metro Rail (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Loveth160: 7:46am On Jan 12
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has lamented the state of works at the Abuja Rail Mass Transit Scheme, also known as the Abuja Light Rail Project.

Wike, who was on tour of the station on Thursday, accompanied by senior officials of the FCTA, visited the Abuja Metro Station in the Central Business District and the Kukwaba II Train station, as well as the station’s access road, still under construction.

The Minister said he was in those places to see for himself the pace and quality of work on the light rail project in preparation for the commissioning ceremony scheduled for May 2024.

However, the minister appeared disappointed with what he saw and expressed dissatisfaction with observable security lapses at the Abuja Metro Station.

“From what I have seen, the designs are very poor. Whoever may have approved the designs is unfair to Nigerians.

I’ve told CCECC that this kind of design is not even acceptable in their own country and if I had known before now, I would not have promised Mr. President that it would be ready.

“It will be very disastrous for me”, the Minister said, adding that excuses would not be accepted.

“But frankly speaking, knowing where I’m coming from, having presided over projects like this, I’m not in a happy mood at all.

“You can imagine if I am sitting in the office and then depending on the reports from those who said they are in the field, by the time I come here in May, I will be messed up. But I thank God that I came to see things for myself,” he stated.

https://.ng/2024/01/12/abuja-metro-station-itll-be-disastrous-for-me-wike-condemns-project-design/

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Richtaiwo: 7:54am On Jan 12
Wike, no gree for anybody.

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by manutdrichie(m): 8:25am On Jan 12
Project delivery?.....he is my no 1 man

But human resources and management?...he should go and sit down

37 Likes

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Kukutente23: 8:29am On Jan 12
Lol. So he's just knowing about the design when he visited the field?
All these is for the gram

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by KwuoteYourFada: 10:38am On Jan 12
The money no add up again cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Kcfresh2103(m): 10:46am On Jan 12
For a ministry you have taken over for how many months?

You just discovered the entire project design is faulty. This guy no Tinubu sha.

14 Likes

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by KosiGee(m): 12:24pm On Jan 12
Kcfresh2103:
For a ministry you have taken over for how many months?

You just discovered the entire project design is faulty. This guy no Tinubu sha.

You can dislike Wike as much I do but he is just one man and if he’s just discovering some faults with the project and made his thoughts known about that, there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s best to express his opinions and engage with the contractors and all stake holders to correct that than go ahead with the project and deliver something substandard.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by richiemcgold: 1:49pm On Jan 12
Chinese will offer you what you ask for. Be it standard or substandard, you'll get it from them.

But Americans will insist on their spec which is always a topnotch.

That's the difference.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by kokoA(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12
The project itself is a waste of funds. It would have made more sense running a metro line from Keffi-Mararaba-Nyanya axis to central area.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Otulented: 5:37pm On Jan 12
Wike the mad dog.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by mejetov422: 5:37pm On Jan 12
Na so
Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Orathird: 5:38pm On Jan 12
Exactly

If it’s the same Abuja to the Airport Railway, it’s not a viable project at all.

This is the reason I said it’s not variable.

The train station location: The station is located where people cannot go to board a train. Imagine someone going to the airport or Lugbe and then first goto central area to wait for a train when the person can just goto the airport straight or Lugbe.

Residential area: The train is not close the residential areas. People will still prefer road transport.

It will make sense if they extend it to Dutse - Kubwa - Zuba - Suleja

Nyanya - Karo - Mararaba etc.

These are places people stay.

Only people returning from the airport will benefit from the train if they will wait for the train departure time.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by bigdammyj: 5:38pm On Jan 12
Noted.
Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by lonelydora: 5:38pm On Jan 12
Imagine! Wike now sees himself as a project master because of all these "overhead" bridges he built in Port Harcourt.

Wike concentrate on Abuja and leave Simi Fubara alone in Rivers.

Simi needs to focus and allow people who got civil service jobs to resume. They have been waiting since last year.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:38pm On Jan 12
Lord Wike knows his onions and peppers

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 5:38pm On Jan 12
shocked shocked shocked

Mehn....everybody no gree again for anybody... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Triangles1(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12
Good observation.
Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by inoki247: 5:39pm On Jan 12
Lol Chinese dish out two brand if u order for Original they will give u and if you order for Fake you will get it....

8 Likes

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Fasindo: 5:40pm On Jan 12
shocked

Wike may end up being one of Tinubu best minister just as Amaechi was to Tinubu.

Good that he visited the site to access project so far.

Seems like the outgone FCT minister just did a shaby work in the project.

The last FCT minister was the most incompetent FCT minister Abuja ever had.

Wike should make FCTA active, the staff are just doing no good work that favour Abuja residents, the only key work they do is to be collecting money from people building houses

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by tunjijones(m): 5:41pm On Jan 12

1 Like

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by accordadoga21(f): 5:42pm On Jan 12
Hehehe

The real developer.

Work is going on everywhere in Abuja now.

Baba alapata himself

Everyone likes him except some bitter people

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by blowjohn(m): 5:43pm On Jan 12
BigBlackPreek:
Lord Wike knows his onions and peppers

Be like u go too like mishai and indomie
Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by tuoyoojo(m): 5:43pm On Jan 12
White elephant project

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:43pm On Jan 12

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Ireportlive: 5:44pm On Jan 12
FCT 001
Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by MasterTeeUSA: 5:45pm On Jan 12
You cant trust anyone in the Field....always follow your own project...Govt or Personal...Nigerians will mess you up.

Loveth160:

https://.ng/2024/01/12/abuja-metro-station-itll-be-disastrous-for-me-wike-condemns-project-design/

1 Like

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12
blowjohn:

Be like u go too like mishai and indomie
Lol I like ham sha,and as you don mention ham now, maybe na wetin I go chop tonight be dat self

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Sancheez5(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12
Issoright
Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by tunwumi: 5:46pm On Jan 12
richiemcgold:
Chinese will offer you what you ask for. Be it standard or substandard, you'll get it from them.

But Americans will insist on their spec which is always a topnotch.

That's the difference.

American standard is not always top notch. Sometime it is jamboree with unnecessary headaches

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by Reelmii: 5:46pm On Jan 12
cheesy
Re: Abuja Metro Station: It Will Be Disastrous For Me – Wike Condemns Project Design by hotspec(m): 5:47pm On Jan 12
Wike trained as a Barrister, not a civil engineer, neither is he the minister of works. That he has presided over some contracts in the past doesn't qualify him enough to condemn the project design.

Or he wants them to start afresh so he can input all inputables grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Displays Shekau's Flag & Qu'ran Recovered By Troops In Sambisa / EFCC To Move Into New Headquarters / Dino Melaye's Parents In The 80s (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.