Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,250 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? (27176 Views)

My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. / Wizkid- Tecno Davido - Infinix Olamide - Itel What Is Happening To Olamide / What's Happening To My New Phone. Spark 4 Just A Day Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by JONSYN7154: 6:57am On Jan 13
SharingIsLife:
For more than 24 hours, my internet wasn't working. If I tried to check my data balance, it would bounce back. There was no notice of data exhaustion from my network provider.

So, I decided to recharge all the same. Then, my internet kicked in, meaning that my data had finished but my network provider (MTN) failed to notify me.

This has been happening on both my Airtel and MTN lines. Plus, the incessant fake data exhaustion alerts I get while my data level is still above 5GB.

Has it been happening to others? Or, is it only me? If it's happening to many people, there's need for an outcry. So, Nlfp.mod please help.

NOTE: Any digression from the topic will be reported instantly because this is getting me really angry. These networks would frustrate me for hours before I realize what's going on.
if you see any abnormalities report your network provider to NCC.

I have their phone number if you care.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by maasoap(m): 7:16am On Jan 13
BarrNosaEsq:
It's not news that ever since 5G was launched in Nigeria, the network has been terrible for those with 4G and below.

You are partially right. Since the day I saw 5G on my phone, the issue of data fluctuation started, on and off and everything Op said. But you're wrong if you think phones with 5G are not facing the same issue.

They dumbed down 4G inorder to compel people to buy 5G enabled phones that consume data. This is happening in a country where we have a communications minister and at least 2 different government bodies that oversees all things Telecommunications.
Lol. 5G doesn't consume more data than 4G phones, it just browse and download faster. If downloading a particular movie on 4G takes 1 hour, it could be 20 minutes on 5G. So, it is still the same amount of data but different amount of time.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Emaprince: 7:36am On Jan 13
jimcaddy:
Just because the NCC as failed to approve their request to hike the cost of data and tariffs, all the mobile network operators have decided to start doing rubbish and frustrating Nigerians. Instead of them to cut down cost by laying off people whose jobs are not necessary, they would rather frustrate Nigerians by delivering poor services.
Your government have made operational cost unbearable for them, so they had to push it to the end users. Don't blame them.

They are running to.make profits. Not losses. Laying of workers will not curtail the cost of operation to the barest minimum. The only choice they have is either increase tariffs or employ shrinkflation - where by you buy data and call credits at higher prices and get little amount of what you bought. You can notice that datas exhaust quickly these days. You Nigerians just attack companies for hiking prices, but leave out the criminal govt that is taxing them to death and killing their business with ill though out policies.

Was it this way under buhari? Why is everything already at exorbitant prices under tinubus few months? The former had his own problem, but the later is disastrous.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by yak(m): 8:05am On Jan 13
SharingIsLife:

I stopped having data on 2 SIMS because the first time this happened on my Airtel, I went and recharged my MTN but the same thing was happening there. So I felt like I'd wasted the money.

Get a Glo sim if the network is good in your area
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by chieveboy(m): 8:44am On Jan 13
DyingFetus:
All ISPs made some updates to their stack

So there was a series of issues from no network to dreading of spx which has been resolved

Enable airplane mode and disable

From infrastructure engineer , NCC

Let's ignore the technical explanation above and look into this deeply.

The telcos might have colluded with the NCC to play a fast one on Nigerians. Billions would be generated.

For instance, the screenshot below is an example. While I never subscribed to the service, the number to "STOP AD" was cynically omitted. With millions of people generating NGN5 daily, you would be surprised at the figures the scam will generate.

Note for some, the NGN5 is negligible and MTN knows this. This will generate billions for them in no time.

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by miccholo1(m): 9:23am On Jan 13
You can buy data from me 1gb MTN 300naira
Here's my WhatsApp number 0.8.0.7.9.0.5.4.9.2.2
faceland:
If I use those roadside POS that sells 1GB for 350, I usually are unable to check my data balance (only an MTN) problem.

As Nigerian, it is good to have at least 2 network.
If I refresh a page for 15 minute with no signal, I am switching network.

1 Like

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by maak400: 10:30am On Jan 13
Same thing here o, I can't even see my data balance on MTN.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by SPAMBOX7: 1:18pm On Jan 13
If you using 4G Phones and below do not upgrade to 5G phone yet unless you are okay with spending excessively every week for data.
Imagine 5gb for 13 pro max doesn't last up to 36 hours. And I don't even download. Just browsing and watching WhatsApp status.
Worst part is my network is always slow when it's on 5G, compared to when it's on 4G.

Everything in this country is a sham
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by CASTOSVILLA(m): 4:42pm On Jan 13
Hezmatosky:

As if na you know pass. Na una type we dey suffer for this country. Uwa na ekwu iche ona eme iche. Ozwai
Kedu Odiri jealousy bu ihea. Tufia!!!!
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Breakfreee: 8:32pm On Jan 13
I'm sorry to glo subscribers pls how do they browse. I'm always in tires when my wife hotspot me on her glo line. God
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by PNomsule: 8:12am On Apr 07
Is it just me, I can't make calls with my 9mobile nor can people access me whilst my mtn data network keeps fluctuating. Can't make a WhatsApp call nor browse seemlessly as I used to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Google Unveils Nexus 6 , Nexus 9 , Nexus Player And Android Lollipop Os / Huawei P30 Pro Unboxing And Super Creepy 50X Zoom Camera Samples + Price(photos) / Tecno Camon CX Air: Full Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.