Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? (27055 Views)

My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. / Wizkid- Tecno Davido - Infinix Olamide - Itel What Is Happening To Olamide / What's Happening To My New Phone. Spark 4 Just A Day Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by tojahh(m): 8:07pm On Jan 12
SharingIsLife:
For more than 24 hours, my internet wasn't working. If I tried to check my data balance, it would bounce back. There was no notice of data exhaustion from my network provider.

So, I decided to recharge all the same. Then, my internet kicked in, meaning that my data had finished but my network provider (MTN) failed to notify me.

This has been happening on both my Airtel and MTN lines. Plus, the incessant fake data exhaustion alerts I get while my data level is still above 5GB.

Has it been happening to others? Or, is it only me? If it's happening to many people, there's need for an outcry. So, Nlfpmod please help.

NOTE: Any digression from the topic will be reported instantly because this is getting me really angry. These networks would frustrate me for hours before I realize what's going on.

Who you dey threaten? You think this is your house abi it's your heritage.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by abdulworkforce(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12
It happens to me 5days ago, I did call customer care agent and I was told my data bundle still remain. But unfortunately I had to purchase another bundle before I was able to surf the internet.
What pain me most I was told to put off my phone for 15 minutes and switch on afterward. All na wayo wayo
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Writer50: 8:09pm On Jan 12
Yes
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Whoknowsme: 8:10pm On Jan 12
Same happened to me this morning, so I had to recharge data on my Airtel SIM thinking it would browse but before I know ít I started receiving messages that I have exhausted my data that I have not even used
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by CaptainFM1: 8:10pm On Jan 12
DyingFetus:
All ISPs made some updates to their stack

So there was a series of issues from no network to dreading of spx which has been resolved

Enable airplane mode and disable

From infrastructure engineer , NCC

If they like, let them update clouds and heaven, they owe their customers premium services wrt the price paid.

If they are going to have a down time more than 10minutes, they should atleast notify customers. And in such cases, they should reward or compensate their customers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Jflex07(m): 8:11pm On Jan 12
MTN network has been terribly poor these past days.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Ttipsy(f): 8:12pm On Jan 12
Whenever it happens out on and off your flight mode
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Cyrus176(m): 8:16pm On Jan 12
blowjohn:
The summary of it all is that even simple telecommunication technology is still rocket science in Nigeria.

Last year November/ December, u will call mtn line and network will tell u the 'glo' number ur trying to call is not reachable. Meanwhile na mtn number u dial o

Ok na, you think say na only una dey smoke loud ni. Nigerian ISP dey suffry drag and puff am pass am. #zerrydl ft shallipopi

1 Like

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by arsenal444(m): 8:17pm On Jan 12
Same with my MTN.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Emma1Oj(m): 8:25pm On Jan 12
faceland:
If I use those roadside POS that sells 1GB for 350, I usually are unable to check my data balance (only an MTN) problem.

As Nigerian, it is good to have at least 2 network.
If I refresh a page for 15 minute with no signal, I am switching network.
*461*4#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Emma1Oj(m): 8:29pm On Jan 12
nairavsdollars:
Why not change to Glo?
The most Useless network
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by mariahAngel(f): 8:35pm On Jan 12
ecolime:
Na so both Glo and Airtel decided to mess me up this morning. And I had important deadlines to meet. I no fit cry 😢

So, you get mind dey use Glo for this tough times? Why? undecided

1 Like

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:37pm On Jan 12
SharingIsLife:
For more than 24 hours, my internet wasn't working. If I tried to check my data balance, it would bounce back. There was no notice of data exhaustion from my network provider.

So, I decided to recharge all the same. Then, my internet kicked in, meaning that my data had finished but my network provider (MTN) failed to notify me.

This has been happening on both my Airtel and MTN lines. Plus, the incessant fake data exhaustion alerts I get while my data level is still above 5GB.

Has it been happening to others? Or, is it only me? If it's happening to many people, there's need for an outcry. So, Nlfpmod please help.

NOTE: Any digression from the topic will be reported instantly because this is getting me really angry. These networks would frustrate me for hours before I realize what's going on.

Airtel has been useless lately. No service network always emergency call. When there's network, it will be poor for browsing. I'm tired..

1 Like

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by nikz(f): 8:44pm On Jan 12
blowjohn:
The summary of it all is that even simple telecommunication technology is still rocket science in Nigeria.

Last year November/ December, u will call mtn line and network will tell u the 'glo' number ur trying to call is not reachable. Meanwhile na mtn number u dial o

Nigerians eh hahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Didi2d(m): 8:50pm On Jan 12
CASTOSVILLA:
If you use samsung go to General settings and reset your network

How pls, cos my airtel stop working since yesterday.

If I try making calls, it will say 'not registered
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by erniok(m): 9:10pm On Jan 12
DyingFetus:
All ISPs made some updates to their stack

So there was a series of issues from no network to dreading of spx which has been resolved

Enable airplane mode and disable

From infrastructure engineer , NCC
Thank you for this. I noticed that their services are very poor. In my vicinity, sometimes, you can browse until at a certain period of the day. So bad.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by netmillionaires(m): 9:15pm On Jan 12
Enjoy
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by YourGFsnatcher: 9:20pm On Jan 12
nairavsdollars:
Why not change to Glo?
Glo has good data plans
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by mosicola(m): 9:43pm On Jan 12
SharingIsLife:

same here. My data doesn't last three days. I have virtually disabled all apps , but it didn't solve the problem
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by okeke6969: 10:22pm On Jan 12
faceland:
If I use those roadside POS that sells 1GB for 350, I usually are unable to check my data balance (only an MTN) problem.

Next time dial*323#
Follow prompt and you will see your data balance.

1 Like

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:32pm On Jan 12
True, experienced such today... I think it's an issue with the networks, because when I tried switching from emptyhen to Glo, it was the same thing
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Westerhoffe(m): 10:57pm On Jan 12
faceland:

15 minutes!
You're really patient.
If I refresh 2 to 3 times and it's not loading, I'm switching network instantly.

1 Like

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by winner37(m): 11:16pm On Jan 12
Asked me anything about free mode I will tell you ..data and I has nothing in common
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by ecolime(m): 11:52pm On Jan 12
mariahAngel:

So, you get mind dey use Glo for this tough times? Why? undecided
Funny enough, na my only line since 2004. cheesy .. I added the Airtel strictly for Data just last year.

1 Like

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by mariahAngel(f): 12:40am On Jan 13
ecolime:

Funny enough, na my only line since 2004. cheesy .. I added the Airtel strictly for Data just last year.

You get patience O! 😀

The kind shege wey Glo show me one time ehn? Chinekenna! 😣😩
I use vex dump the Sim, with the data and credit wey remain inside.
Make them carry. I no do again.
Funny enough, na them dey sabi dash awoof data pass O.
😄
Now ehn, if I get like four Sims, three go be MTN, while one go be Airtel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by mariahAngel(f): 12:46am On Jan 13
faceland:

15 whole minutes! shocked

Next time, try turning on and off your airplane mode, if it's taking long.
It helps reset the network.

1 Like

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by jimcaddy(m): 12:49am On Jan 13
Just because the NCC as failed to approve their request to hike the cost of data and tariffs, all the mobile network operators have decided to start doing rubbish and frustrating Nigerians. Instead of them to cut down cost by laying off people whose jobs are not necessary, they would rather frustrate Nigerians by delivering poor services.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Aguogba(m): 1:00am On Jan 13
SharingIsLife:

Has it been happening to others? Or, is it only me? If it's happening to many people, there's need for an outcry. So, Nlfp.mod please help.

The greatest injustice being done to Nigerians is the absence of unlimited monthly data plans as it is in most developed countries at least for HOMES.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by livelyjobs: 1:57am On Jan 13
Am unable to check data bal for over 6mth now on both mtn and Airtel, there's massive internal fraud going on among the network providers to rip users off data/money. It's massive I can attest to it.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by DaddyCash: 6:09am On Jan 13
It didn't happen to me.

I've been enjoying steady network with MTN.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Walkat9t: 6:45am On Jan 13
Same experience here too. Mtn data network is bad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is The 'Laplet' Gradually Replacing The Tablet? / Five Features You Must Disable On New Smartphones / My Review Of Meizu Mx4 Pro.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.