Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? (27030 Views)

My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. / Wizkid- Tecno Davido - Infinix Olamide - Itel What Is Happening To Olamide / What's Happening To My New Phone. Spark 4 Just A Day Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by SharingIsLife(m): 1:12pm On Jan 12
For more than 24 hours, my internet wasn't working. If I tried to check my data balance, it would bounce back. There was no notice of data exhaustion from my network provider.

So, I decided to recharge all the same. Then, my internet kicked in, meaning that my data had finished but my network provider (MTN) failed to notify me.

This has been happening on both my Airtel and MTN lines. Plus, the incessant fake data exhaustion alerts I get while my data level is still above 5GB.

Has it been happening to others? Or, is it only me? If it's happening to many people, there's need for an outcry. So, Nlfp.mod please help.

NOTE: Any digression from the topic will be reported instantly because this is getting me really angry. These networks would frustrate me for hours before I realize what's going on.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by ForUrgentSale: 4:53pm On Jan 12
Same here on my Airtel

20 Likes

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by faceland: 5:26pm On Jan 12
If I use those roadside POS that sells 1GB for 350, I usually are unable to check my data balance (only an MTN) problem.

As Nigerian, it is good to have at least 2 network.
If I refresh a page for 15 minute with no signal, I am switching network.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by DyingFetus: 5:35pm On Jan 12
All ISPs made some updates to their stack

So there was a series of issues from no network to dreading of spx which has been resolved

Enable airplane mode and disable

From infrastructure engineer , NCC

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Highways: 6:08pm On Jan 12
If e no go switch to 3G

4 Likes

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by chris4gold(m): 7:59pm On Jan 12
Rara o
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Vifx: 7:59pm On Jan 12
No
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by ATEAMS: 7:59pm On Jan 12
No
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by SharingIsLife(m): 7:59pm On Jan 12
faceland:
If I use those roadside POS that sells 1GB for 350, I usually are unable to check my data balance (only an MTN) problem.

I stopped having data on 2 SIMS because the first time this happened on my Airtel, I went and recharged my MTN but the same thing was happening there. So I felt like I'd wasted the money.

1 Like

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by PheelzAlmighty: 8:00pm On Jan 12
Everything in Nigeria is rigged against the poor.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by stano2(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12
faceland:

That data has a different code for checking data balance.. I sell too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12
This happened to me this morning I had to start buying data to all my sims in oblivious of the fact that I have data.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by nairavsdollars(f): 8:00pm On Jan 12
Why not change to Glo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Mikiboy69(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12
Same here on 9mobile
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by NoSmoking: 8:00pm On Jan 12
I am here to create a diversion...

🕶️

1 Like

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by CASTOSVILLA(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12
If you use samsung go to General settings and reset your network
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by BarrNosaEsq: 8:00pm On Jan 12
It's not news that ever since 5G was launched in Nigeria, the network has been terrible for those with 4G and below. They dumbed down 4G inorder to compel people to buy 5G enabled phones that consume data. This is happening in a country where we have a communications minister and at least 2 different government bodies that oversees all things Telecommunications.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by BarrElChapo(m): 8:01pm On Jan 12
SharingIsLife:
For more than 24 hours, my internet wasn't working. If I tried to check my data balance, it would bounce back. There was no notice of data exhaustion from my network provider.

So, I decided to recharge all the same. Then, my internet kicked in, meaning that my data had finished but my network provider (MTN) failed to notify me.

This has been happening on both my Airtel and MTN lines. Plus, the incessant fake data exhaustion alerts I get while my data level is still above 5GB.

Has it been happening to others? Or, is it only me? If it's happening to many people, there's need for an outcry. So, Nlfpmod please help.

NOTE: Any digression from the topic will be reported instantly because this is getting me really angry. These networks would frustrate me for hours before I realize what's going on.

Yes for the past two months Airtel stopped giving me updates as to when my data was about to finish.

4 Likes

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Fryx: 8:01pm On Jan 12
SharingIsLife:

Has it been happening to others? Or, is it only me? If it's happening to many people, there's need for an outcry. So, Nlfpmod please help.

I almost spoil my phone bcs of this.
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Enemyofpeace: 8:01pm On Jan 12
Mbanu
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by stano2(m): 8:01pm On Jan 12
I bought 40gb worth of data from airtel, the next day my sim stopped working. For a week i couldn’t browse, had to go for sim card replacement.

2 Likes

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Whobedatte(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12
My own is network hardly goes smoothly when I’m in indoors
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Hezmatosky: 8:02pm On Jan 12
All these network issues started when Tinubu became president. My etisalat now is write off. Then i bought mtn because of that, its as if my ordeal just started. Mtn will give you 1GB for #200 and within hrs you'll start looking for data. To make call nko? Nonsense sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by blowjohn(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12
The summary of it all is that even simple telecommunication technology is still rocket science in Nigeria.

Last year November/ December, u will call mtn line and network will tell u the 'glo' number ur trying to call is not reachable. Meanwhile na mtn number u dial o

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by worldclass68(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12
Similar issue with my airtel...but I still have data...
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Enemyofpeace: 8:02pm On Jan 12
SharingIsLife:

why the threat to report? Go and report now.
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

3 Likes

Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by omenka1: 8:04pm On Jan 12
F
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by ecolime(m): 8:05pm On Jan 12
Na so both Glo and Airtel decided to mess me up this morning. And I had important deadlines to meet. I no fit cry 😢
Re: DATA: Has This Been Happening To You? Or, Is It Only Me? by Hezmatosky: 8:05pm On Jan 12
CASTOSVILLA:
If you use samsung go to General settings and reset your network
As if na you know pass. Na una type we dey suffer for this country. Uwa na ekwu iche ona eme iche. Ozwai

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iphone 13 Space Satellite Features / 8 Stunning Features On The Tecno Spark 3 Pro / Is The 'Laplet' Gradually Replacing The Tablet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.