Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? (5323 Views)

Best Anti-virus For Your Computer / Come Lets Repair Our Computers Here. / Which Anti Virus Can Kill Folder.exe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by gascoign1(m): 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2011
I have been using various anti-virus for my computer but non of them works effectively for me like the ''avast'' is there other better ones?
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Dabss(m): 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
Avast works for me. Maybe u use the free version.
Try buying the premuim version online its da best.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Valentinooo: 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Avast works for me. Maybe u use the free version.
Try buying the premuim version online its da best.
pls how do I go about buying goods online?
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Dabss(m): 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2011
U can use a gtb visa card. The is a site for changing to u.s dollar bt i have forgotten
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Valentinooo: 8:28am On Nov 07, 2011
Thanks
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by isleman(m): 10:25am On Nov 07, 2011
I think all antivirus do a reasonable job, you will only have calamities if you've been depending on trial versions.

ESET NOD32 is the best i've ever used.

give it a try. Its not available online, you will need to buy from their agents in Nigeria. A friend of mine is an agent, if you don't mind.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by vitality22(m): 10:27am On Nov 07, 2011
isleman:

I think all antivirus do a reasonable job, you will only have calamities if you've been depending on trial versions.

ESET NOD32 is the best i've ever used.

give it a try. Its not available online, you will need to buy from their agents in Nigeria. A friend of mine is an agent, if you don't mind.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm market or promoter, which do i call you now?
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by isleman(m): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2011
vitality22:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm market or promoter, which do i call you now

like i said, if he doesn't mind, besides, i didn't leave nay contact behind.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by indoorlove(m): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2011
I use kerpesky and its ok, u may try it.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by vitality22(m): 10:34am On Nov 07, 2011
Avast antivirus all the way
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by toluxa1(m): 11:09am On Nov 07, 2011
I have been using the FREE AVAST for over 2 years now and sometimes it makes me wonder what better thing the PREMIUM one can offer. It protects me 100% (or so it seems to me). Just keep it always updated.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by alfablondy: 11:19am On Nov 07, 2011
For me, avast is very good especially if you use the paid version internet security. it has the safe zone where you can browse, shop and do transact online safely, protected from any dangerous software or programme that might have been downloaded into your system unknowingly.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Emperoh(m): 11:56am On Nov 07, 2011
I think most if not all of them are good.
The problem is that most of us use the free online version which just covers a little of a whole lot.
Maybe the basics. Hence, worms and cookies can still seep in and do the damage.

It's advisable to use the full premium version and pay the annual subscription fee.
That's what's been working for me!
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by naijadot: 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2011
Just like asking which phone is the best when there are lots of vendors, its just a matter of choice. Norton, Avast, McAfree, Panda, Kaspersky, Bitdefender etc are all good Anti Virus software. No matter your choice the thing about Anti Virus is to ensure a constant update.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by akara(m): 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2011
Avira but you must constantly update
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by oneenigma: 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2011
Do u want to know d bitter truth, D answer is N0, No antivrus can completely protect your computer from hackers,,,I mean REAL hackers, D internent is not a safe place, Why do you think the us govt had his website hacked buy hackers when a protest was goin on,,though it could happen in many ways,, sql injections and use of  rat , As far has u use ur computer on the internet, its a risk
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by toluxa1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2011
Emperoh:

I think most if not all of them are good.
The problem is that most of us use the free online version which just covers a little of a whole lot.
Maybe the basics. Hence, worms and cookies can still seep in and do the damage.

It's advisable to use the full premium version and pay the annual subscription fee.
That's what's been working for me!

Trust me, I can use the full premiun version without paying a dime and still get all features and updates 100% working.

oneenigma:

Do u want to know d bitter truth, D answer is N0, No antivrus can completely protect your computer from hackers,,,I mean REAL hackers, D internent is not a safe place, Why do you think the us govt had his website hacked buy hackers when a protest was goin on,,though it could happen in many ways,, sql injections and use of  rat , As far has u use your computer on the internet, its a risk

Sorry to say, but this sounds boring
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by manny4life(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
I use Kaspersky and it works fine and Avast, that's really good as well.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by gascoign1(m): 2:08pm On Nov 07, 2011
Thanks all, i have learnt a lot from this thread.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by veron007: 2:22pm On Nov 07, 2011
Microsoft Windows Essentials, used it for 1.5 years and I've not had any issues with virus, spyware etc. And it also free from Microsoft's website.
It can also be used with other anti-virus without issues.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Jolad007(m): 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2011
AS for me , I believe Avira has been the best of all! Have been making use of it for so many years
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by samyng(m): 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2011
[size=13pt]For me i use Bit defender. I will recommend Bit-defender Internet Security or Noton 360.
You can visit this review site to make your choice

Below are the list of top 10 Internet Security programs
http://www.internet-security-suite-review.toptenreviews.com

Note there are difference between Internet Security and Antivirus so you will have to be sure of what you what to buy As an antivirus program would not be best used if you frequently visit the internet,

Below are the list of top 10 anti virus programs
http://www.anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com
[/size]
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2011
hahaha, kaspersky my foot, better settle for avast and all your worries will be over
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Dabss(m): 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2011
toluxa1:

I have been using the FREE AVAST for over 2 years now and sometimes it makes me wonder what better thing the PREMIUM one can offer. It protects me 100% (or so it seems to me). Just keep it always updated.
if you are always online and use p2p programs, you will understand.
Btw i thought avast free edition is only for a year after reg? Lol
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Jeboy(m): 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2011
When it comes to corporate protection of your companys network & computer resources,Mcaffee is 2nd to none.
I have been a System Admin 4 over 4yrs & I can testify of that.Thou Mcaffee is more expensive than others reason only corporate organisatn use it & its difficult to get free as it works fine even when not updated 4 like 2months.Another fantastic thing abt it is dat it is data friendly.It doesnt destroy ur files in attempt to remove a worm.It conforms to best practise.MTN and CBN cant be wrong.Thats what they use for all their desktops,laptops,servers nationwide.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by yommysomguy(m): 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2011
naijadot:

Just like asking which phone is the best when there are lots of vendors, its just a matter of choice. Norton, Avast, McAfree, Panda, Kaspersky, Bitdefender etc are all good Anti Virus software. No matter your choice the thing about Anti Virus is to ensure a constant update.
just a matter of choice
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by cycline404(m): 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2011
u cant compare anyone to kapaskey and norton,
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by agnesefe: 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2011
In response to the query, it is apt to consider such factors as system specification, degree of exposure to malware from use or intentional application, access to online or offline updates and license or upgrade options and, ease of use and side functionalities like Firewall, Tuneup, etc.,. If your system is in the low-end bracket, it is best you opt for anti-malware applications that take less handles and, put your system in a drag, while still providing fair enough protection against malware-Avira, Norton and Trend Micro Anti-Malware applications fare well here. On the other hand where your system is in the mid-range to high-range and can sufficiently handle multiple threads, then Bit-Defender or McAfee could earn your interest with extended tools like Tune-Up utilities. Again, if online access to updates is impossible, then offline updates is imperative for continued protection against malware, then AVG ranks high in this regard, asides the fact that it is free. If you are out for the most robust functionalities like firewall and Tune-up utilities, with ease of access to licenses and upgrades then, Kaspersky Labs and Avast could engage your interest, with the former presenting the most sturdy firewall and protection and control against malware-my take from experience. If you frequently deal with .rar files and other compression formats and, are sufficiently exposed to deliberate risks, hence the need for control on alert flags due to the applications or nature of your workspace, then Kaspersky would earn your admiration.

In all, each has its own strength and weakness and, the evaluation of any would be to consider them on the basis of expectations and user peculiarities.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by niyimat(m): 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2011
Please, which one is easy to buy(premium) without involving all this paypal , visacard.?
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by moshoodn(m): 11:43pm On Nov 07, 2011
Use Microsoft Essentials.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Next2Bezee(m): 12:57am On Nov 08, 2011
Been using Norton (Updated to 2012 now) for years without any probs. I should also mention i have constant access to the internet for daily updates so it works fine.
Re: Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? by Decryptor(m): 1:13am On Nov 08, 2011
I use Comodo Premium Antivirus. It works well for me. The only downside is that it's too technical to use angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD Clean UK Used Acer Aspire 5738 (250gb/ 4gb /HDMI Port) Is For Sale / Can't Log Into My Yahoo Account / Please Help,my Mifi Zte Mf920vs Router Won't Power On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.