Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Or Stay In Nigeria (27969 Views)

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Aguogba(m): 8:54pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:
I'm a lawyer, called in 2016. I'm married with a kid and I'm in my early 30s. My wife is not working, so I have been the one shouldering the responsibility, despite that, God has given me my own house. Three bedrooms flat in front and three bedrooms flat at the back, all with full pop, water heater, full tiles, in fact all the modern facilities.
In all honesty I made between 600k-1.5m per month.

Just of recent, the zeal to Japa to Canada has been on my mind through school route. I currently have like 7m in my account and I know I could raise it till 15m before the end of the year. The cost of schooling keep giving me issue. How will someone travel abroad and spend over 15m when I could used the money to buy hostel from people who desperately needs money or invest in real estate.

Another concern of mine is that the future of legal profession is reducing because of the amount clients are paying particularly in the area of agreement and other things.

Definitely, I won't be selling the house if I decide to relocate, the rent from the two flats will go to my mom and the least could only be 500k per year. I won't have issues sending money at home.

Please, I really need advice from lawyers that are there, how do you cope migrating. Is it advisable I leave, if yes, what are the first things I might encounter, if am relocating it will be with my family. I just don't want to regret relocating. The exchange rate is just too much
If you're not thinking of studying in US, forget it.
Look for schools in the US with high EF portfolios. Get admission with like 3-4 schools, (very easy with good GRE score). Then lobby each of them for scholarship offers. Choose the one that gave u the best grant and you're good to go.

No scholarship- no japa. U go struggle.
15m is just 12,000USD and may become less when you're ready to travel. Flight alone is like 1300$.

8 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by abba190: 8:54pm On Jan 15
Akano5:

Damn, man must Japa
true true my brother
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by lexy2014: 8:55pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:

I'm not showing off here, if I don't reveal such information, how will I get the advice I needed

which advice are you actually looking for?
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Akano5(m): 8:56pm On Jan 15
abba190:
true true my brother
Nigeria is full of wickedness
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Fashionlady: 8:56pm On Jan 15
Hmmm if my husband earn that much then we will be untouchable like nothing can touch us.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by FuckYeyeMods: 8:56pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:

I'm not showing off here, if I don't reveal such information, how will I get the advice I needed
You get time dey answer the trench guy.
Without asking, we already know where he belong.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Dynamicboss: 8:57pm On Jan 15
I left the country last year and after 2 months abroad, I can clearly tell young and promising Nigerians to leave this cage of a country. Nigeria is another word for hell

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by CandidAdmin(m): 8:57pm On Jan 15
BarrElChapo:

Actually in 2 years he can practice as a lawyer in the UK since we both do common law just like Canada

Oh ok. I just thought that since people are always complaining about UK, he should not go and be having headache.

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by femi4: 8:57pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:
I'm a lawyer, called in 2016. I'm married with a kid and I'm in my early 30s. My wife is not working, so I have been the one shouldering the responsibility, despite that, God has given me my own house. Three bedrooms flat in front and three bedrooms flat at the back, all with full pop, water heater, full tiles, in fact all the modern facilities.

Just of recent, the zeal to Japa to Canada has been on my mind through school route. I currently have like 7m in my account and I know I could raise it till 15m before the end of the year. The cost of schooling keep giving me issue. How will someone travel abroad and spend over 15m when I could used the money to buy hostel from people who desperately needs money or invest in real estate.

Another concern of mine is that the future of legal profession is reducing because of the amount clients are paying particularly in the area of agreement and other things.

Definitely, I won't be selling the house if I decide to relocate, the rent from the two flats will go to my mom and the least could only be 500k per year. I won't have issues sending money at home.

Please, I really need advice from lawyers that are there, how do you cope migrating. Is it advisable I leave, if yes, what are the first things I might encounter, if am relocating it will be with my family. I just don't want to regret relocating. The exchange rate is just too much
You better stay. Japa is for people without structure or not earning anything reasonable while in Nigeria.

You have so much going for you here already...don't go there and be a second class citizen and be doing menial jobs

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by wowo2: 8:57pm On Jan 15
You can't even go to UK via student route with family as dependants except you are on a PhD programme.

CandidAdmin:
Don't Japa!

You can travel as much as you want but don't Japa!

You're living the life most Nigerians want.

Modified - After much consideration concerning the security state of 9ja, I'd advise you to make a well-detailed research before Japaing.

Just don't go from lawyer to cleaning people's nyansh.

Also, avoid UK at all cost.

Question of the day - why aren't people trying Russia?

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by 360command: 8:58pm On Jan 15
janda1:

Move to austria

Cost 3m-4m for the whole package
$4000 to go to Austria?
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by obaidan: 8:58pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:

Its even difficult to advice you now. ALthough, ultimately abroad will present you a better life and earning than what u currently earn, the question is that are you ready to go through the early phase of struggle abroad, which may be from 2 to 3 years or maybe more in some cases. Will you moving abroad not endanger your marriage in a way. What exactly are you going to study in Canada? You seem to see little hope with the situation of things in Nigeria and sincerely only u know what u do and ur prospect in what u do. If I were you I would go, the tricky one is the family part whether u can have them go with you(difficult) OR join u in less than 2 years. Again weytin u wan go study matter.

And Why does it have to be Canada, why not PhD in US. Gives you an opportunity to either go with your family immediately OR have them join u as quickly as possible. Gives u that basic stipend that can take care of your family bills, and good health insurance, then whatever u and ur wife make from the other side things u decide to do will surely be more than 600k-1.5m naira u make now. With PhD you also have as much as 5 years to plan whatever you want to plan, and even if e come bad bad bad u have to go back after 5 years(most definitely not likely with your PhD), u will go back better equipped in terms of qualification, exposure and even financially(if u make sound investment choices)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by johnog4sure: 8:58pm On Jan 15
saintkeppy:

I'm in need of such, though I'm not going to UK but Romania. Check ProConnect Education or EduFin Micro Finance Bank
Romanians dey suffer na

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by FuckYeyeMods: 8:58pm On Jan 15
Fashionlady:
Hmmm if my husband earn that much then we will be untouchable like nothing can touch us.
"WE" but if its you making that much, it will be MY.

7 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by lorenzos1: 8:58pm On Jan 15
You are making a lot of money, but if you can replicate whatever it is you are doing in Canada, you will make a lot more.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by CandidAdmin(m): 8:58pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:

What's special about Russia?, Please if you know reveal it here
Nothing. I just want to know why we aren't seeing Nigerians going there.

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Akano5(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15
Aguogba:

If you're not thinking of studying in US, forget it.
Look for schools in the US with high EF portfolios. Get admission with like 3-4 schools, (very easy with good GRE score). Then lobby each of them for scholarship offers. Choose the one that gave u the best grant and you're good to go.

No scholarship- no japa. U go struggle.
15m is just 12,000USD and may become less when you're ready to travel. Flight alone is like 1300$.

are these scholarships also available for O level holders (WAEC/NECO Results)
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by obaidan: 8:59pm On Jan 15
Fashionlady:
you guys will FEEL untouchable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 9:00pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:

Just stay in Nigeria. Ppl that are serious about traveling do not come to nairaland to seek advice..lol. You came to trend and you have achieved your target.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Graceful101: 9:00pm On Jan 15
Nice2023:

U are not normal.

U are pained seriously.

Shane on u.

Poor soul with a bittered satanic heart.

See her long neck like that of a bad neighbour.
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by CandidAdmin(m): 9:00pm On Jan 15
dalass:

Russia ke?
Okay oh, lead the way so that Ukrainian bomb can land on your head grin
I thought the battle ground was in Ukraine?
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by cyberguy72(m): 9:01pm On Jan 15
Japa to go and wash old people's bum bum
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by epainos: 9:01pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:

Sir! JAPA

1.5m is just $1,200.

Masters law is cheap, so you don't need much. And even if you need much, it is still worth it.

Number 2: Good healthcare system

Number 2: Good education and almost free elementary and high school. And they already have a path to university. You are paying zero or very little.

You will know what's up when you start paying for the tuition of your children at the university.. grin

You may keep in touch with Naija. Sir, you need just 3 to 4 years before you get your residence permit, and then your pali. If you can get your residence within 4 years max, you are free to come to Naija anyhow you want. And when you finally get your pali... that's it.

So think about it. Will 5 years of sabbatical disturb your law profession in Naija? If you plan well I don't think so. If you think there are enough goodies in Naija, just save like $20,000 after you get your pali and move back to Naija...you can go to Canada for a holiday.

But I know that Canada offers more benefits than Naija. Just 2 million naira you won't stay behind. Please.... japa.

The people Japa is not for are the people who don't have the means to finance their stay there. They are always stressed. If you plan very well and you need the right set of people, you will do well in Canada.

You can become an immigration lawyer. Also, you may look into the real estate industry there because housing in Toronto presently is hard. Again, you can look into the financial part of law. The options are just too many for you if you know what you are doing.

The only challenge is your spouse. If she doesn't work in Canada, you will find it hard.

6 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by stagger: 9:01pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:

Oga, forget the Canada moves. Stay back home and build yourself. OCJ Okocha, George Etomi and other lawyers who have made it big in Nigeria did not japa anywhere. That their generation is going. You are the next generation in line to take over. Why can't you guys see the simple fact?

In the next 10 years, do you think the main political actors in Nigeria and the main business guys will still be dominant players?

OBJ is in his late 80s.
Dangote will soon clock 70.
Adenuga is 70.
Femi Otedola is 61.
Jim Ovia is 71 years.
OCJ Okocha is 71.

When all of you japa and these guys are all gone, who takes their place?

If I were you, I would put myself and my acts together and build myself to become the successor to these guys in my own way. You cannot do this in another man's country.

Ask yourself, why are the likes of Dr Pate and co running back to Nigeria even with successful careers abroad?

6 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by 82man: 9:01pm On Jan 15
Enjoy your japa and staying in Nigeria, nothing concerning me here
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 9:01pm On Jan 15
ihatebuhari:
I'll advice you to go alone first. Use study route and make sure it's a country that you can easily relocate your family after a year or two.

Please don't sell your properties to move all your family at once. I live in LA I would advise you come to the US thou it's very hard.

Remember it's not always greener on the other side. What works for Mr A might not work for Mr B.

PS: if you're one of those that forced buhari and APC government on the innocent Nigerians it will never be well with you and this your japa plan won't work out. And also if you're a Muslim terrorist online pulling down the western country you better go to Saudi Arabia or else the western country won't favour you in Jesus name.

But if you're not one of those I listed may this journey you're about to start favour you and your family.

Yes, I'm using study route to Canada but wanted to use express entry to Canada but the stress will be too much.

Definitely, I won't sell my house but might sell other landed properties that I have. I wanted USA but I heard the chances are too slim so I won't want to waste my money.....

Yes, the fear of unknown, what works for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B, that the reason I need advise.

Your curse will never affect me in Jesus name. I was in my final year during 2015 election. Voted for buhari hoping he will turn things around for good... But the reverse was the case. Since then I have been voting against APC. In fact I am a member of PDP though not too serious with politics

6 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Akpaamunsi: 9:01pm On Jan 15
olola4:

Romania ke...Nigeria is better than Romania or almost the same, most Romania are here in the UK doing warehouse and factory work.

Please keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by loswhite(m): 9:01pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:

You came to trend not show off...lol of all places you came to nairaland to get advice...you don dey kolo
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Tranquility2345: 9:02pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:

You can’t be a lawyer. Lawyers speak very good English. This story is fake!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by OBA117(m): 9:02pm On Jan 15
Please, think about it very well because your profession is not in high demand over there.

But consider the pros and cons very well.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RevolverOcelot(m): 9:02pm On Jan 15
If all you say is true then why leave ?
You won't be able to practice law abroad with your Naija certificate, Nigerians are not held in highest regard because of the antecedents of scammers so be prepared for rascism/xenophobia or treated like 2nd class immigrant, school fees is higher there, it will be hard to fit in if you don't have an established network of family and/or friends and biggest of all you go miss Naija food cheesy
In short make I no yab you but your grammar even leaves a lot to be desired so no office work for you there. It's your choice.

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Oluwomonext212(m): 9:03pm On Jan 15
If you make up to 1.5M a month pls stay back, make more, invest and build ur own empire. U may earn 3 to 4M a month in UK, Canada, but minus ur rent and bills and u would be shock at what u have left. Japa is for us who hardly make 200 to 300k a month in naija. Anyone with stable 600 to 1.5M monthly income is living a good life in naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BRT Bus Crushes Bike Man To Death In Ikorodu Area Of Lagos. Graphic Photos / Railway Stories Government Won’t Tell Nigerians / Sanwoolu Calls Passengers, Excited As Lagos Blue rail Starts Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.