Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Or Stay In Nigeria (28162 Views)

If You Had โ‚ฆ6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Earthquakes: 2:44am On Jan 16
RETURNOFENDSARS:
I'm a lawyer, called in 2016. I'm married with a kid and I'm in my early 30s. My wife is not working, so I have been the one shouldering the responsibility, despite that, God has given me my own house. Three bedrooms flat in front and three bedrooms flat at the back, all with full pop, water heater, full tiles, in fact all the modern facilities.
In all honesty I made between 600k-1.5m per month.

Just of recent, the zeal to Japa to Canada has been on my mind through school route. I currently have like 7m in my account and I know I could raise it till 15m before the end of the year. The cost of schooling keep giving me issue. How will someone travel abroad and spend over 15m when I could used the money to buy hostel from people who desperately needs money or invest in real estate.

Another concern of mine is that the future of legal profession is reducing because of the amount clients are paying particularly in the area of agreement and other things.

Definitely, I won't be selling the house if I decide to relocate, the rent from the two flats will go to my mom and the least could only be 500k per year. I won't have issues sending money at home.

Please, I really need advice from lawyers that are there, how do you cope migrating. Is it advisable I leave, if yes, what are the first things I might encounter, if am relocating it will be with my family. I just don't want to regret relocating. The exchange rate is just too much

Sometimes traveling is not just about making money but creating opportunities for your generation.
First you will live a more decent life, give your kids access to the world, secure their lives to some extent but most importantly you could also make more money if you plan yourself well.
I used to make around 2m before I left but now itโ€™s double yet happier, all my kids are citizens too, do you think your 15m can buy it?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by obaidan: 2:46am On Jan 16
YoshihideSuga:

The child should attend Covenant for undergrad and do MSc at an elite university abroad as a graduate student preferably with a scholarship or funding.
People want to have active plan in place, not just HOPE that someday, their child will win scholarship. It is good if your child gets the scholarship, but taking the child abroad from childhood opens him or her to a wide array of opportunities. A lot of talents have wasted because they were limited to the confines of Nigeria.
People don't want their children to be limited based on their location, people want their kids to use things like playing soccer, basketball, dancing, gymnastics to win scholarships to those elite universities at for bachelors, instead of waiting to finish from covenant and then start looking for interview dates at embassy and start looking for 40million naira(it will keep increasing) to fund the child's MSc and then have the child start competing on a global field as an international student where global companies will now start denying the child for some roles because visa sponsorship is stressful for the company(when they actually have a pool of similar talent that they do not have to file for).
Whatever works for every individual is fine sha

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by doyinbaby(f): 2:51am On Jan 16
You better continue the work God has being using to give you a comfortable life in Nigeria
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by obaidan: 2:53am On Jan 16
Earthquakes:

Sometimes traveling is not just about making money but creating opportunities for your generation.
First you will live a more decent life, give your kids access to the world, secure their lives to some extent but most importantly you could also make more money if you plan yourself well.
I used to make around 2m before I left but now itโ€™s double yet happier, all my kids are citizens too, do you think your 15m can buy it?

One thing is clear, ONLY the people who do not have a clear understanding of what opportunities are there for the kids will say abroad is a waste of time and resources.

3 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by YoshihideSuga: 3:02am On Jan 16
obaidan:

People want to have active plan in place, not just HOPE that someday, their child will win scholarship. It is good if your child gets the scholarship, but taking the child abroad from childhood opens him or her to a wide array of opportunities. A lot of talents have wasted because they were limited to the confines of Nigeria.
People don't want their children to be limited based on their location, people want their kids to use things like playing soccer, basketball, dancing, gymnastics to win scholarships to those elite universities at for bachelors, instead of waiting to finish from covenant and then start looking for interview dates at embassy and start looking for 40million naira(it will keep increasing) to fund the child's MSc and then have the child start competing on a global field as an international student where global companies will now start denying the child for some roles because visa sponsorship is stressful for the company(when they actually have a pool of similar talent that they do not have to file for).
Whatever works for every individual is fine sha

Na true you talk sha. Be like say I go born my children for America so they collect citizenship by birth.

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by obaidan: 3:11am On Jan 16
YoshihideSuga:

Na true you talk sha. Be like say I go born my children for America so they collect citizenship by birth.
If you can do it o and raise them well. YOu go happy
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by sheeda995(f): 3:13am On Jan 16
RETURNOFENDSARS:

That's the point, I just don't want to go from lawyer to cleaning nyansh. I really need advice mostly from senior lawyers practicing here and lawyers that are in abroad, particularly Canada
You will regret it. Mark my words. I'm always happy for you guys to come here though,as Abroad humbles everyone.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by anslemarinze52(m): 3:49am On Jan 16
RETURNOFENDSARS:

I'm not showing off here, if I don't reveal such information, how will I get the advice I needed

I love this reply.

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Flames000(m): 4:02am On Jan 16
Lekan239:
your story of having 2 3bedroom bungalow and 7m savings using your salary does not add up.

Assuming you are earning averagely 1m per month from 2016 that you where called, ur total net worth after seven years will be 84m only. So with 84m you could cater for your family needs, extended family needs, build two bungalows I guess in a large and fenced compound, I know you will definitely have some landed properties also....

What are you doing that's earning you money aside ur basic salary in Nigeria. Bcus with the current rise in inflation, infact from the buhari regime, 84m naira in 7 years is a very small amount. Talking from experience.

But bros is his finance and what he is doing to make money the Bone of Contention?? Iโ€™m asking for a friend.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by bigcasava1(m): 4:32am On Jan 16
CandidAdmin:
Don't Japa!

You can travel as much as you want but don't Japa!

You're living the life most Nigerians want.

Modified - After much consideration concerning the security state of 9ja, I'd advise you to make a well-detailed research before Japaing.

Just don't go from lawyer to cleaning people's nyansh.

Also, avoid UK at all cost.

Question of the day - why aren't people trying Russia?
Russia economy is not capitalists oriented. Govt will determine how you leave ur life
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:56am On Jan 16
VEXT:
Most of u just come online to showoff

What in his write-up supports he's showing off??

Or are you feeling intimidated by his humble achievements?
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Groceryboutique: 5:12am On Jan 16
RETURNOFENDSARS:

That's the point, I just don't want to go from lawyer to cleaning nyansh. I really need advice mostly from senior lawyers practicing here and lawyers that are in abroad, particularly Canada

Bros weldone๐Ÿ˜„

I am a lawyer, called over 15years ago (Is that senior enough?๐Ÿ˜„). I'm in Canada now and I clean nyash and sometimes supervise cleaning of nyash. I'm happy to answer your questions.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by yusufhaji(m): 5:23am On Jan 16
Please can you recommend any agent for me
janda1:

Move to austria

Cost 3m-4m for the whole package
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by GABRIEL6036: 5:28am On Jan 16
I will advice you to consult God first in everything you intend to do. Seek spiritual guidance instead of asking mare mortal being ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Exceed15: 5:44am On Jan 16
I once read of a lawyer who relocated to Canada but could not practice because he had not met their standard. He resulted to doing other unprofessional job but it was paying though. May God guide you.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Exceed15: 5:45am On Jan 16
VEXT:

Do you know him?

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by benqo01(m): 5:51am On Jan 16
Why dont you go to Netherland or Belgium these are lowkey countries you just move to, do your things on a lowkey.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by mooa404(m): 5:56am On Jan 16
RETURNOFENDSARS:
I'm a lawyer, called in 2016. I'm married with a kid and I'm in my early 30s. My wife is not working, so I have been the one shouldering the responsibility, despite that, God has given me my own house. Three bedrooms flat in front and three bedrooms flat at the back, all with full pop, water heater, full tiles, in fact all the modern facilities.
In all honesty I made between 600k-1.5m per month.

My Learned colleague, stay back home.

Network for property legal services especially for those in diaspora.

Join Mega Church in Nigeria and network to manage properties of the rich within the church by belonging to service units.

Ask your wife what she's interested in and invest in it to support the family NOT just children making machine!

All the best I wish you.

Just of recent, the zeal to Japa to Canada has been on my mind through school route. I currently have like 7m in my account and I know I could raise it till 15m before the end of the year. The cost of schooling keep giving me issue. How will someone travel abroad and spend over 15m when I could used the money to buy hostel from people who desperately needs money or invest in real estate.

Another concern of mine is that the future of legal profession is reducing because of the amount clients are paying particularly in the area of agreement and other things.

Definitely, I won't be selling the house if I decide to relocate, the rent from the two flats will go to my mom and the least could only be 500k per year. I won't have issues sending money at home.

Please, I really need advice from lawyers that are there, how do you cope migrating. Is it advisable I leave, if yes, what are the first things I might encounter, if am relocating it will be with my family. I just don't want to regret relocating. The exchange rate is just too much
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by OChimex: 5:56am On Jan 16
RETURNOFENDSARS:

I'm not showing off here, if I don't reveal such information, how will I get the advice I needed
Anybody discouraging you from Leaving the godforsaken country called Nigeria, must either be an idiot, bad Belle, or ignorant.
Let me tell you this, take whatever you want from it.
US as a case study....
What works here is skill, so your law degree should be put aside. But you must work so damn hard to be successful
Comfortable life, can afford most things you want with ease.
Security of life and property
Good medical care
No fake products
Sane humans,
Law and order
Stability
Future secured for you and your family
Lifeline for family members in the zoo
Peace of mind
Opportunities.

Things that might discomfort you
Weather, food,
Bills,
Strict laws

But, living abroad, you will never regret it
But be well prepared since you wan carry family come.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Emekuz256(m): 6:10am On Jan 16
The Language barrier (Russian language)is an issue cos Russian language comes first before English
CandidAdmin:
Don't Japa!

You can travel as much as you want but don't Japa!

You're living the life most Nigerians want.

Modified - After much consideration concerning the security state of 9ja, I'd advise you to make a well-detailed research before Japaing.

Just don't go from lawyer to cleaning people's nyansh.

Also, avoid UK at all cost.

Question of the day - why aren't people trying Russia?
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by nedekid: 6:30am On Jan 16
VEXT:
Lol
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:31am On Jan 16
CockPit:
I am SICK and TIRED of these endless Japa thread.

Stay and build your country. Where are you going self.

These unpatriotic citizens self.

You can't vote in idiots as leaders due to your ethnoreligious bias and still expect normal people to stay with you in the hell-hole of a country.

You can go commit suicide if you're actually ''sick and tired of the these endless japa thread(sic)"
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by nedekid: 6:40am On Jan 16
Ricci22:
Please guys I need new some information!!

I just got offer of admission to study in the UK,,, I need information regarding the best loan or study aid to fund my studies... I also need some information about the federal government student loan......my registration begins by September 2024
Anyone can get offer to study in the uk. It's just like saying chicken republic says they are opened, come and eat.
The issue everyone has is "money".
Fgn student loans is so far "tori", local students never hear of am, na foreign study student wan hear? Lol. How much be โ‚ฆ500k student loans in pounds sef? Before apc came, 500k was 2000 pounds. Today 500k will get you maybe around 300 pounds.
No be juju be that?

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by justtoodark: 6:50am On Jan 16
better dont if you dont have already enough money to take care of yourself....

without money its crazy abroad....
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by dfrost: 6:55am On Jan 16
Windblown2much:
150k ke shocked
200k monthly salary hardly satisfies a worker that's still single talkmore of a family man.
Na wa!

Limit your expenses. What exactly are you guys eating?

I know someone who is catering for eight persons in his house (2 elderly ones among them, and a physically challenged child) and all he spends in a month is 200k for the 8.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by jumokeadele(m): 6:56am On Jan 16
I don't think the curse is necessary , at the end everybody wish for the betterment of this country, we only have different political view
ihatebuhari:
I'll advice you to go alone first. Use study route and make sure it's a country that you can easily relocate your family after a year or two.

Please don't sell your properties to move all your family at once. I live in LA I would advise you come to the US thou it's very hard.

Remember it's not always greener on the other side. What works for Mr A might not work for Mr B.

PS: if you're one of those that forced buhari and APC government on the innocent Nigerians it will never be well with you and this your japa plan won't work out. And also if you're a Muslim terrorist online pulling down the western country you better go to Saudi Arabia or else the western country won't favour you in Jesus name.

But if you're not one of those I listed may this journey you're about to start favour you and your family.

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by justtoodark: 6:58am On Jan 16
landmark86:
1. You earn 500-1.5m and.
2. You also owned two bongallow.
And Japa is your next ambition.
U dey mad?
Just asking

he is actualy already doing well for nigerian standard....

his savings will disappear fast abroad....
big danger....

added to it he has children too....
very bad idea when you ask me.... undecided undecided

nigeria is actualy safer than una think....
people go missing abroad too....

no where is safe in the world....
i repeat....:
nowhere....!!
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Lanretoye(m): 7:00am On Jan 16
bukiah:
omg. What a man of sorrow you are! I pity you
is it not a show off?,someone that has been practicing law for almost a decade to come here and start posting rubbish and seeking advice from majorly secondary school students and majorly undergraduates.someone that is supppsed to be giving people professional advice as a lawyer indeed,will you employ such lawyer's service?,someome that is not mature enough to make personal decisions.tueh
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by UrgentNeeds(m): 7:06am On Jan 16
landmark86:
1. You earn 500-1.5m and.
2. You also owned two bongallow.
And Japa is your next ambition.
U dey mad?
Just asking

I Swear.

Unreasonable Lawyers And The Judiciary Systems Are The Problems of This Country.

You no see his name ? "ReturnofEndSars".

Na their type dey commot country cause our Youths to Fight Government.

Mumu Them with Audio Money, Audio House and Audio Everything.

Who Dem Wan Impress ?

PS: If Any of You Need To Buy Foodstuffs or Crypto in Any Quantity, We Are Still in The Business of Selling.

Thanks.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by janda1: 7:14am On Jan 16
yusufhaji:
Please can you recommend any agent for me

Send me a dm
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by janda1: 7:14am On Jan 16
moneyest:

How? Kindly explain more please

Send me a dm
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by janda1: 7:15am On Jan 16
360command:
$4000 to go to Austria?

Yes boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad / Stunning Images Of The World's Biggest Cruise Ship (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.