Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

Why Is Corruption The Only Thing That Is Working In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Corruption The Only Thing That Is Working In Nigeria? (87 Views)

Buhari's Government Incompetent, Failed To Curb Corruption - The Economist / Nepotism Is Corruption, Obasanjo Tells Presidency / rAPC Emergence Is Corruption Fighting Back – Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Corruption The Only Thing That Is Working In Nigeria? by binary01: 12:13pm On Jan 15
Greetings to everyone. I find myself pondering the state of our country; it's disheartening that nothing seems to function properly. Each day brings a barrage of negative news, and the situation has become so normalized that we casually respond with phrases like "it's well" or "God will help us." How long have we been uttering these words without seeing real change?

The hardship is evident, affecting all of us irrespective of tribe or religion. Despite this shared struggle, a significant majority clings to these divisions, using them as tools for hatred and conflict. Our so called "leaders" are well aware of this vulnerability and exploit it to maintain control.

Many fortunate individuals among us have migrated to various corners of the world, and this number continues to grow. For those of us who remain, our existence is marked by the constant pounding of our hearts, fueled by the looming threats of kidnapping and the myriad curses emanating from this dysfunctional system, posing a pervasive danger that could strike anyone unexpectedly.

How much longer must we endure this way of life? How many lives must be lost before we acknowledge this as an existential crisis, foreseeing a future that could lead to the extinction of our country?

I understand the prevailing sense of hopelessness we share, and the belief that saving the country seems impossible. I've experienced that sentiment myself. However, what if our perspective is mistaken? Consider our vast and diverse population compared to the relatively small number of oppressors, comprising less than 1% of the population. Despite this, we all suffer under the system we allowed them to establish.

While I am skeptical about saving the current state of the country, I don't advocate for its preservation. It might be time to let this corrupt system burn, allowing a new one to emerge from its ashes—one that values every individual based on humanity rather than divisive factors like tribe or religion, emphasizing a foundation of pure pan-Africanism.

Certainly, implementing change is easier said than done. However, if we anticipate a future that aligns with what we and our children truly deserve, perhaps the challenge is an inherent part of proving that we are worthy of such a future.

Determining the path to achieve this envisioned future rests entirely on us, and I believe the answer is within our collective consciousness, even if we are hesitant to acknowledge or confront it. What's certain is that, before any meaningful action, we must unite as a singular force, breaking free from the shackles of religion or tribalism. A united force with a common goal—to dismantle this oppressive system permanently. Unfortunately, until that glorious day arrives, we will persist in enduring this oppression.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola, Ataoja, Igbalaye To Attend Osun Economic Development 4-in-1 Event / Osun Lawmaker, Lukman Mudashiru Gives 177 Students Scholarship / Igweship Tussle: Obelle Parades Fake Court Stay Of Execution Order -nwankwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.