Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) (20132 Views)

Over 150 CSOs Ask Bawa To Quit Now And Face Probe Panel / Herdsman Caught With Sack Of Bullets In Imo / Sack Of Guns, Ammunition Recovered In Lagos Secondary School (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by falopeogundipe: 12:52pm On Jan 16
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIsdXsFBLo0?si=Trr6YVTk972GWvNc[/url]

Protest is underway in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, over allegations of perpetrating multi-billion naira fraud levelled at the Managing Director of Rural Electrification Agency, REA, Ahmad Salihijo Ahmad.

Two groups, Zero Tolerance for Social Immoralities Initiative, ZETSI, and Concerned Nigerian Citizens Action Against Corruption, are currently protesting at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission headquarters and the Federal Ministry of Power respectively against Ahmad.

The protesters chorusing, "All We are saying Tinubu Sack Salihijo," carried placards with various inscriptions: "What is Good for Betta Edu is Good for Salihijo", "Tinubu, EFCC You Are Gender Bias", "Betta Edu transferred N585M into Personal account, Salihijo transferred N1.2bn REA Money into Personal Accounts."

Others are: "Salihijo has 37 bank accounts linked to his BVN with two in his mother's name", "Salihijo Awarded N200M Contract to himself", "World Bank, Others should stop loans to NEP, a Unit in REA because Salihijo is Stealing it."

Speaking at the EFCC protest, ZESTI convener, Ambassador Ibrahim Abdulrazak Imam, expressed disappointment in alleged President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and anti-graft agencies' condoning of Salihijo.

Ibrahim stated that Tinubu and others turned blind eyes to purported financial malfeasance of the REA boss at the expense of electricity to disadvantaged Nigerian communities.

According to him, "We are aware that the EFCC are in receipt of several petitions detailing how Salihijo has been siphoning money off REA to the point of having 37 bank accounts linked to his BVN with two in his mother's name and many discrepancies in the account name and the date of birth he used to open those accounts.

"Over one Billion dollar loans from International Financial Institutions for electricity generation obtained by Nigeria Electrification Project, a unit in Rural Electrification Agency under Salihijo has been misappropriated.

"If President Tinubu can suspend Humanitarian Affairs minister, Betta Edu for attempting to defraud the nation of N585M and the EFCC is running after the young lady what is stopping the President[url][/url] and the EFCC from bringing Salihijo to book despite the weighty documentary evidence of the financial shenanigans perpetrated by Salihijo that are before them.

"Is it because Salihijo is a man like Tinubu and the EFCC Chairman? And it's a man's world? What's good for Edu is good for Salihijo."

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnhoUFrm_dI?si=cB6SDPmUDvf87q6i[/url]

5 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by Righthussle: 1:10pm On Jan 16
No gree for anybody!!!!

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by Ashez: 1:15pm On Jan 16
We must learn a lesson

4 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by teadrake(m): 1:17pm On Jan 16
MDAs of government reels of monumental corruption. Too bad!!

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by eliyke(m): 1:29pm On Jan 16
Every news now is about abuja

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by AqualinaXYZ: 1:56pm On Jan 16
I wish they can sack Wike

Make he come join us for PH

He go see shege

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by obioraeze(m): 1:57pm On Jan 16
Kindly, check my signature on how to buy a land in Lagos and Abuja
Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by Kharol1234: 1:58pm On Jan 16
Na Abuja they hot now

3 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by BUSINESSREGISST: 1:58pm On Jan 16
good for them
Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by Nwaezeudo: 1:58pm On Jan 16
I don't like what these goons are doing. They should be dispersed with tear gas with immediate effect. Peter Obi and Obidients need to learn the hot lessons as proposed by the APC jackals cheesy

Bulaba will handle economy
Boko will handle security.

tongue

13 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by Risingblue008(m): 1:58pm On Jan 16
E be like say na season of sacking we enter soo

2 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by money121(m): 1:58pm On Jan 16
Ok oo
Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by BondRiv: 1:59pm On Jan 16
If there is any merit to this, the law should take its course.

3 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by Irupetepete: 2:00pm On Jan 16
This country is fantastically corrupt

5 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by ecolime(m): 2:00pm On Jan 16
AqualinaXYZ:

He go see shege
Why do you want him sacked?

What exactly is your grouse with him?

4 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by BondRiv: 2:01pm On Jan 16
AqualinaXYZ:

He go see shege

Where una two dey see before? U don forget ur level.

15 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by akinlaso(m): 2:01pm On Jan 16
Wow
Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by Faiththatworks(m): 2:01pm On Jan 16
I mentioned it yesterday in another thread about how Sahara reporters was over milking the Betta Edu story, seriously this story reemphasizes my point about corruption in government agencies and Ministries in Nigeria.
I always take every accusations as an allegation until the accused is duly investigated and convicted.
Asiwaju must look into this petition by this civil society group and if it's true,then the M.D should also be made a scapegoat, i assume there will be many scapegoat in Nigeria if Asiwaju truly wants to fight corruption.
I end by saying it again and again,the Head of Service of Nigeria must present a bill to the National Assembly to amend the Civil service rules. It must stipulate outright dismissal for Corrupt civil servants, imprisonment if they are found guilty and finally all their pensions and gratituties forfeited to the Federal Government after dismissal.
Unless we go the whole hog in imprisoning these corrupt top civil servants,this battle against corruption is in futility, the next set of Directors who will be made permanent secretaries are already planning on how much they will loot when they are appointed.
WE MUST STOP THIS CIRCLE OF CORRUPTION AND MADNESS IN THE CIVIL SERVICE.
Still selling Land around the Dangote Refinery in Ibeju-lekki, contact me for your purchase.
God bless Nigeria.......

7 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by iamdapsyj(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16
AqualinaXYZ:

He go see shege

Continue wishing 🤣😂 olobe!!

5 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by ipobarecriminals: 2:02pm On Jan 16
sad
Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by GOFRONT(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16
Thief thief everywhere..........Kidnappers in Abuja, Looters in Abuja office.

From Hadiza to Halima to Betta to Tunji to Apalowo to Salihijo...........

4 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by Honestey: 2:03pm On Jan 16
Who sponsor these people? isn't this is what we say anytime people protested against Government officials or institution?
Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by sofeo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16
Alright
Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by PrincessofDSS(f): 2:05pm On Jan 16
Could this be the reason for the tripled insecurity in FCT
Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by Franzinni: 2:07pm On Jan 16
Anything related to SACK in this country, I support !!!

We have enough sacks to contain them !!! Sack anybody stackable!
Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by BadMaster: 2:08pm On Jan 16
They say the younger generation should be given a chance, now look at what they are doing. The man in question is only 40 years old, but stealing wotoporiously anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by Drsnives(m): 2:09pm On Jan 16
God help us
Re: CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) by omenka1: 2:09pm On Jan 16
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Generator Thief Forced To Do Frog Jump After Being Caught (Video) / Photo: Actor/comedian Funky Mallam Survives Food Poisoning. / Police Rescue Uber Driver During Robbery Operation In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.