Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State (17038 Views)

Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Must Be Fished Out – Tinubu / Ibadan Explosion: Foreign Illegal Miners Ran Out Of The House Before Explosion — / Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by ebila(m): 6:49pm On Jan 18
Indeed, when you see something you ought to say something, because when something goes wrong you may get gravely affected.

www.oceanwatermarine.com

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by RevenuesBoost(f): 6:50pm On Jan 18
Hmmm
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by Malroux: 6:50pm On Jan 18
CommonSense1967:

Tinubu is living rent-free..... grin grin
Who is the head of FG that gave them approval?
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by busomma: 6:50pm On Jan 18
It clearly shows that Nigeria isn't functioning as a country should. How can state officials not know everything about of such economic activity in their state? High officials in the state has questions to answer.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by spiSeyi: 6:51pm On Jan 18
It's high time that each state started managing its resources. Zamfara claimed the sole owner of their gold and refused to share it with others. Yet others can't do the same, why not allow Niger-Delta manage its oil and Oyo state and others to manage their resources undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by Kukutente23: 6:52pm On Jan 18
Is he talking of the gemstone market opened by the minister of mines last year

I said it before that these guys are not illegal miners as people claim.

All these talk of illegal miners is to absolve govt of regulatory failure

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by 99thEnemy(m): 6:53pm On Jan 18
SIXFEETUNDER:
Does mining needs FG approval

I'm literally mining crypto on my solar farm , I hope I'm not in danger ??
Abeg, which crypto is still profitable to be mined in this 2024? Just asking.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by Kukutente23: 6:53pm On Jan 18
post=128006765:

There was a country.
Ipobic rants
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by davidtemi(m): 6:56pm On Jan 18
Before nko
Anybody no fit enter any country they dig ground anyhow nah if top people no knw abt it
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by hammer567: 6:57pm On Jan 18
Terrorist Attack

Image shows bomb blast scene, like Libya

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by AllahOfBlood: 6:58pm On Jan 18
No argue am

So far say na Nigerian government

No just argue am
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by muller101(m): 7:00pm On Jan 18
Restructuring is the only solution. How can one idiot sit in Abuja and give licence to a foreigner to be mining precious stones in my backyard. This centralized government will kill us all.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by SIXFEETUNDER: 7:02pm On Jan 18
99thEnemy:

Abeg, which crypto is still profitable to be mined in this 2024? Just asking.

XMR and Zcash
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by sherylbaky(f): 7:03pm On Jan 18
I hope those people do not go scot-free because I don't understand all these grammar
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by Femeto: 7:03pm On Jan 18
Minning is not even the problem. How were they allowed to bring in explosives into a residential area without proper checks?
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by NSK4U(m): 7:04pm On Jan 18
Ok o
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by adamusuleiman2: 7:04pm On Jan 18
Do they have approvals to store mining explosives (most likely stash of dynamites) in a residential area as well?
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by SavageMaster: 7:05pm On Jan 18
dre11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/ibadan-explosion-illegal-miners-claimed-fg-approvals-oyo-state/

How can "FG" give approval to foreigners to mine in Ibadan without discussing with the State Government first. Just like that

If I were the State Governor, I would have arrested them long ago

Unless you're telling me the State Government has been collecting kickbacks too and looking the other way

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by NSK4U(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18
muller101:
Restructuring is the only solution. How can one idiot sit in Abuja and give licence to a foreigner to be mining precious stones in my backyard. This centralized government will kill us all.

It's the same license that gives non indigenes to be exploring the resources of Niger Delta and be claiming oil as Nigeria's economic mainstay. So if people are now calling for the same restructuring which ojukwu presented at Aburi Accord as solution, let the restructuring start with the Niger Delta oil, let's see who will choose to answer one Nigeria again
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by MrBroke(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18
Illegal approved abi approved Illegal.
Nigeria go confuse you with everything even English self. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by yommen: 7:08pm On Jan 18
Kedikedi77:
What exactly are they mining in Ibadan

There are a bunch of natural resources in Oyo state: Iron ore, tantalite, columbite, cassiterite, bismuth, gemstones, gold, marble, red clay, sand, gravel, granite, syenite, kaolin and talc.

Google it and see for yourself

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by 99thEnemy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 18
SIXFEETUNDER:

XMR and Zcash
Monero ?

I thought it would have halved and halved to the point it would no longer bring ROI by now.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by Addme: 7:10pm On Jan 18
Malroux:
Tinubu approved them.
People that have been operating for years and Tinubu that's not up to 8 months in government.
It's well with you.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by coputa(m): 7:11pm On Jan 18
post=128006765:

There was a country.
Won't you cover your face out of shame, you that is supporting incompetence and illegality, what do you have to say.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by Ironbull: 7:11pm On Jan 18
Which Fed govt? Buhari fed govt or Tinubu fed govt.

Pls you criminals should shut up and go and face the penalty of your sin.

Fed govt approved it so that is the reason you packed such dangerous explosive weapon in a residential area ba

I know they will politicised it and twisted narratives las las
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by frog12: 7:14pm On Jan 18
states should be able to control their resources. this is BAD move by federal government
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by SIXFEETUNDER: 7:15pm On Jan 18
99thEnemy:

Monero ?

I thought it would have halved and halved to the point it would no longer bring ROI by now.

XMR is not BTC or ETH
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by uuzba(m): 7:17pm On Jan 18
SIXFEETUNDER:
Does mining needs FG approval

I'm literally mining crypto on my solar farm , I hope I'm not in danger ??
Mining of natural resources requires government approval.
Your crypto is not a natural resource.
If you buy a piece of land, minding your business, dig ground and discover crude oil, government will bounce you from that land and collect everything. Your hand won't even touch that crude oil again.
Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by PrinceofSarcasm: 7:17pm On Jan 18
post=128006765:

There was a country.

Hmmmm. This statement has just summed it up perfectly where we are as a country .

I weep for us. Imagine me storing dynamite as a Nigerian illegally in Michigan?

Let me not go too far sef, ordinary Kenya you can't enter mine or even work illegally talkless of storing explosives in a foreign country ?

Una. Foreign country that has a terrorism problem ?

How can you ad a foreigner have dynamite in South Africa or even Ghana ?!! The strict protocols and monitoring will discourage any hanky-panky .

That means as a foreigner in Nigeria for you to be free to handle dynamite means you might as well have automatic assault rifles in your custody and no one will notice?

What a country indeed !!!

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Explosion: Illegal Miners Claimed FG Approvals — Oyo State by uuzba(m): 7:18pm On Jan 18
frog12:
states should be able to control their resources. this is BAD move by federal government
They should allow Delta state to control its crude oil na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Sheriff, Makarfi Meet Tomorrow As Governors Split / Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them / President Buhari Departs For APC Presidential Rallies In Oyo & Osun States.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.