Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos (36421 Views)

Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos / 2023 Presidency: Northern Elders Reject Power Shift To South (Video) / Edo: Chiefs, Elders Reject Oshiomhole’s Pleas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by MrEverest(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19
onuman:

Power must go back to the north gave birth to APC.

Naira value has been eroded since 2015. These days, every minute sees the collapse of the Naira.

The strength of a country lies in the value of its currency.

I say God forbid to the part in bold!!!

Power is not returning to the North anytime soon, they can be very irresponsible with it. Look at how Buhari destroyed everything and couldn't get a single thing right throughout his 8 years of waste of ruination!

Tinubu may be a bigot and ethnocentric but I'm not against him. I like the way he is telling the North to go to hell. He has demystified them! For years, I kept wondering how the section of Nigeria that brings only liability succeeded in caging the country and reducing it to dust. If the only thing Tinubu achieved in 4 years is to humble them and restructure Nigeria, then I will vote for him in 2027! Even against Obi!

Obi will only come to pander to them and work assiduously to develop their agricultural output and solve insecurity. However, their arrogant born to rule mentality will still make them to hate him and they will still try to sabotage him.

It's someone who is ruthless and without conscience like Tinubu that is good for them.

Tinubu should carry go jor!

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by bluecircle470: 3:05pm On Jan 19
CharleyBright:

Hmmm.
Don't be a miscreant and support the bad handiwork of Tinubu and then start counting your chickens before they hatch. It will shock you.
The North will fight back. I know them well enough.
They will dump APC and jump into NNPP enmasse in the North knowing LP and PDP with still erode APC in the south.
No region can win election on its own.
Two region need to support each other to win election. Tinubu APC cannot woo the SE to get their vote, he can only try to woo the north like he did in 2023. But if the north deny him the support, Otilor.

NNPP nah party or does it still exist grin grin
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by nearline(m): 3:08pm On Jan 19
Àwon olè. Why dem no go complain when e dey benefit them. Shior.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Bluntemperor: 3:09pm On Jan 19
DeepSight:

Quite correct. The mere fact that Abuja is the capital does not mean that every single HQ has to be there whether it makes sense or not. That's how they even carried the HQs of NPA and NIMASA there at a point. I have no doubt that if there is a Department of Oceanography in this country the HQ will be in Abuja. How nonsensical is that.
The Banks are all powered from Lagos and thus there is nothing wrong with the whole of the CBN HQ being domiciled in Lagos.
We do things for strange political reasons in this country. Thats how we went and built a refinery in Kaduna. Who does that when you will first have to transport crude there by land with all the attendant costs.

Good thinking!
The Truth is that many times,these Groups from the North are talking,is just for a few self interest, nothing more!
When last,did you see them telling themselves the Truth e g on the Security, except the recent statement of Senator Sanni of Kaduna -drawing their attention that - for over 8- yrs, Buhari was there,mum was the Northern Elders' and they did not see anything wrong with Buhari Govt!

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by RealityGod: 3:10pm On Jan 19
MrEverest:
Lol, who are these ones? FAAN has been relocated to Lagos along with CBN and others are going to be relocated from Abuja to Lagos too. Tinubu has returned the capital to Lagos and there is nothing the north can do about it.

Firstly, he removed Fulanis and other northerners in crucial positions like Customs, CBN and NNPC and replaced them with Yorubas. What did you people do aside to make noise? Now he has technically moved the capital back to Lagos, it’s only noise you will make too.

Meanwhile, if you guys think you will remove him through the ballot, then you’re out of your mind. Tinubu will remove Mahmoud and replace him with a Yoruba omoluabi who will ensure he wins the election by all means necessary, even if it means grabbing and running with it. By the time Tinubu is done with you guys, you won’t even have mouth to talk again.

Funny comment but true. But where’s the south east in all of this? Buhari started this rubbish so I pity northern talking
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by hafeeanubasy: 3:14pm On Jan 19
BadBradley:
everything is politics for abokis. Always small-minded and inferior in outlook.

Who told these fools that a political headquarters of a country must house financial or economic institution headquarters?

Headquarters should be built where their operations should be well suited

In that regard...Lagos has no business housing the headquarters of Nigeria's oil industries. Port Harcourt should get the nod.

Lagos also should not be the only international port in this country. Warri, Port Harcourt, Calabar and Akwa Ibom ports should be opened so that Lagos will decongest and its true heritage will be made known.We want Lagos striped off her federal government monopoly as the only international sea gateway of the country.

North should take groundnut and tomatoes headquarters whenever that industry takes off

Who closed other ports?
Were they also closed between 2010 to 2015 by Igbo dominated government of GEJ?
Please answer the question
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by divide9ja: 3:18pm On Jan 19
Menclothing:
Tinubu is the only southern man that can stand against any northern gangster
No southern politician can do half of what tinubu can do and north won’t take over his government
Wike could oh!
fayose will do

I am happy that Tinubu is doing this
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by gudugudumeje: 3:21pm On Jan 19
Primitive, savage like, and backward reaction of a primitive group of elders.....
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by OmoFiditi: 3:24pm On Jan 19
NOETHNICITY:
I served in the SE. The SE is the poorest part of Nigeria that I’ve seen

You are a Muslim bigot, so we know where you are coming from.

Go to Mushin, Agege railway, Challenge in Ibadan, and Ogbete in Enugu. It is your fellow Muslim almajiris that are begging alms.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Iceberg3: 3:26pm On Jan 19
MrEverest:
Lol, who are these ones? FAAN has been relocated to Lagos along with CBN and others are going to be relocated from Abuja to Lagos too. Tinubu has returned the capital to Lagos and there is nothing the north can do about it.

Firstly, he removed Fulanis and other northerners in crucial positions like Customs, CBN and NNPC and replaced them with Yorubas. What did you people do aside to make noise? Now he has technically moved the capital back to Lagos, it’s only noise you will make too.

Meanwhile, if you guys think you will remove him through the ballot, then you’re out of your mind. Tinubu will remove Mahmoud and replace him with a Yoruba omoluabi who will ensure he wins the election by all means necessary, even if it means grabbing and running with it. By the time Tinubu is done with you guys, you won’t even have mouth to talk again.
Nigerians who are up for equity stand with and support tinubu wholeheartedly..the retrogressive north that have kept this nation backwards for decades don't own naija
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by DeZoro(m): 3:27pm On Jan 19
Government should also create Nigerian Defense Academy in the south. If we have several federal universities, why should we have only one defense Academy stationed in Kaduna? Let them create one in Benin city

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by DonXavi(m): 3:27pm On Jan 19
CharleyBright:

Hmmm.
Don't be a miscreant and support the bad handiwork of Tinubu and then start counting your chickens before they hatch. It will shock you.
They will dump APC and jump into NNPP enmasse in the North knowing LP and PDP with still erode APC in the south.
Two region need to support each other to win election. Tinubu APC cannot woo the SE to get their vote, he can only try to woo the north like he did in 2023. But if the north deny him the support, Otilor.
You guys are speaking as if you don't know that the votes cast on election are not what determines who is announced as winner in an election in Nigeria. If you are waiting for election to show your disappointment on Tinubu, then you are on a long thing.

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Iceberg3: 3:28pm On Jan 19
CharleyBright:

Hmmm.
Rubbish

The north cannot continue to hold us to ransome and blackmail us. They should go to hell.

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Iceberg3: 3:32pm On Jan 19
OmoFiditi:

Go to Mushin, Agege railway, Challenge in Ibadan, and Ogbete in Enugu. It is your fellow Muslim almajiris that are begging alms.
I once encountered him and he claims to be from the south,Edo and I wonder why he always sound the way he does,I mean,what has south east status gotta do with this thread now.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:33pm On Jan 19
OmoFiditi:

What a religious bigot you are. To ilks like you everything is viewed with the spectrum of religious affiliation.

In the SE villages, I experienced a different level of poverty. The people were so poor that they ate donkey meat as an alternative to beef.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by hafeeanubasy: 3:34pm On Jan 19
DeZoro:
Government should also create Nigerian Defense Academy in the south. If we have several federal universities, why should we have only one defense Academy stationed in Kaduna? Let them create one in Benin city
Honestly...they had to make sure a law school was established in Kano

Why is NECO in minna Niger state?
Why is NDA in kaduna and not Abuja?

If not because of the refinery and NDA,Kaduna wouldn't have been different from lafia or lokoja
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Franking: 3:34pm On Jan 19
Aile:
The headquarters shouldn't have been relocated to Abuja in the first place. Lagos is the economic center of the nation

"The economic center" must not be the capital. South Africa's economic center is Johannesburg. Their Executive capital is Pretoria also known as Tshwane, their Legislative capital is Cape town while their Judicial capital is Bloomfontein.

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by t2luv1: 3:35pm On Jan 19
CharleyBright:

Hmmm.

Let me concede that you are right with your assumption for a minute. I have been advocating that if all the regions in the South can come to an agreement and speak with one voice there is nothing the North will be able to do. The South will rule the country. Whenever I meet someone from the North whether in Europe or in here in the US and I ask that person where they are from the first answer they always gives me is "I am from the North" whereas when I meet people from the South and I ask them the same question they tend to always reply with their home town of their state never with "I am from the South". We need to come together people.

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Franking: 3:36pm On Jan 19
hafeeanubasy:

Honestly...they had to make sure a law school was established in Kano

Why is NECO in minna Niger state?
Why is NDA in kaduna and not Abuja?

If not because of the refinery and NDA,Kaduna wouldn't have been different from lafia or lokoja

Nigeria Military school is in Zaria. Nigeria Army depot is also in Zaria. Command and Staff College is in Jaji all Kaduna State alone.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by OmoFiditi: 3:37pm On Jan 19
NOETHNICITY:
What a religious bigot you are. To ilks like you everything is viewed with the spectrum of religious affiliation.

In the SE villages, I experienced a different level of poverty. The people were so poor that they ate donkey meat as an alternative to beef.

I schooled there and I know you hate them because you are Muslim. Your anticidents herein speaks for itself.
Read your post history from 5years back. grin
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Seyitosino(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19
These people are enjoying the imbalance sha. Your eyes will clear by the time the country is fully restructured. Bambi ala people.

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by hafeeanubasy: 3:39pm On Jan 19
Franking:

Nigeria Military school is in Zaria. Nigeria Army depot is also in Zaria. Command and Staff College is in Jaji all Kaduna State alone.

The funny thing is that....Afenifere ,Onaheze and co will just keep quiet.

See the kind of statement coming out of NEF that supported Atiku in the last election mouth
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by BadBradley: 3:43pm On Jan 19
hafeeanubasy:

Who closed other ports?
Were they also closed between 2010 to 2015 by Igbo dominated government of GEJ?
Please answer the question
I only respond to patriots not small-minded tribal-leaning oafs.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by rottennaija(m): 3:45pm On Jan 19
Adabestseason:
What is the economic function of NEF to the development of the country's economy,is it to get get special forex window,wait in their cozy homes for allocations from oil money to be shared to their states so they can get their quota,manipulate the federal civil service place zombies,when it is election year they will be holding politicians at necks for selfish gains.Nonsense
So those things will now be done in Lagos?
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Uchek(m): 3:48pm On Jan 19
Buhari did worse but after 8 years he left power. Same will happen to Tinubu. After 8 years, power will go back to the North again and Yorubas will now advocating for RESTRUCTURING.

MrEverest:

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Tareq1105: 3:53pm On Jan 19
MrEverest:

Tell me what staffers of CBN Banking Supervision Dept doing in Abuja when the banks they're supervising are in Lagos?

You want them to continue to collect money for DTA Hotel accommodation like 3 weeks in every month when they come supervising in Lagos?

90% of their work is in Lagos just like FAAN that Hadi Sirika forced to Abuja when 70% of the flights are in Lagos.

NEF is only trying to protect their forex bureau de change business. Nothing more.

Let's be guided and reasonable in our comments.

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by hafeeanubasy: 3:55pm On Jan 19
BadBradley:
I only respond to patriots not small-minded tribal-leaning oafs.
If that is your answer to the question then you are a dvllard with very parochial reas.oning.

If Eastern port were closed,why didn't Eastern power broker open it in 2010 to 2015? GEJ,OKONJO IWEALA,ODUAH ETC??

you will never answer the question because you prefer to wallow in your VICTIM MENTALITY to manipulate people

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Cmeo(m): 3:58pm On Jan 19
The reason for the complaint is that this decision hit them much. Their daughters, sons and wives will be affected as their won't be able to sit at home to earn their salaries, allowances, bonus and promotion without going out of their homes again.

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by BadBradley: 4:05pm On Jan 19
hafeeanubasy:

If that is your answer to the question then you are a dvllard with very parochial reas.oning.

If Eastern port were closed,why didn't Eastern power broker open it in 2010 to 2015? GEJ,OKONJO IWEALA,ODUAH ETC??

you will never answer the question because you prefer to wallow in your VICTIM MENTALITY to manipulate people
My guts have never failed me once!!!

I never mentioned ANY EASTERN PORTS. In fact the Entire South East region does not have a single port or sea way to the Atlantic.

Port Harcourt, Warri, Calabar and Akwa Ibom are all in the South-South. Why do you call them eastern or Igbo ports? What a tribalistic ignorant whelp of an idiot this fool is.

hafeeanubasy, why are you Igbo mono-fixated?

To think that an ignorant, backward idiot like you will stand on a national platform like this and embarrass a nation is unfortunate.

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by 123yes(m): 4:05pm On Jan 19
Na them get Nigeria? Have any of them talk about bandit, boko harm and almagiri ravaging the north. I cry for people of the north for the kind of wicked leaders they have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha Commissions Solar Power Project In Imo State - Photos / 54 Soldiers Jailed For Demanding Better Arms, Regain Freedom After 7 Years / Gunmen Attack Ubakala Police Station In Abia, Kill Two Officers (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68