Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content (24331 Views)

Amazon Prime Video Launches In Nigeria / Amazon Prime Acquires Jim Iyke's Movie 'Bad Comments' / Netflix Vs Amazon Prime Video - My Honest Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by jimoholuyemi3(m): 8:26pm On Jan 20
I pray some section will not blame the present FG for this
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by YourGFsnatcher: 8:30pm On Jan 20
NextAbuja:
Infrastructure
Health
Economy
Agriculture
Technology
Security
Aviation
Electricity

This no more is why South Africa is a developed country while Nigeria will remain under developed at least till the next 200 years.

Imagine a country where it capital or economy hub does not have a sewage system. Make the entire country still de take hand park shit for head in 2024. Till 4040 Nigeria go still de park shit with hand n will still be an underdeveloped country unable to stand beside country like South Africa.

Even the Lagos that is trying small small na him some still de insult. Same Lagos as the only sewage facility in the entire country in Eko Atlantic, no where in you Maitama Asokoro Banana n Mango island as an ineffective sewage system talk more of a functional one.

That is a basic in town planing in SA since the 90s in 2024 una never even start, when then will you start catching up ? !

South Africa is NOT A DEVELOPED NATION. SA is DEVELOPING nation. Check your facts
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by YourGFsnatcher: 8:35pm On Jan 20
cucumbar:

I hate comments like this.

Don’t compare Nigeria to South Africa.

I can bet my scrotum that you’ve never travelled out of Nigeria before, but at least, watch YouTube.

It’s because we don’t tell ourselves the truth, that’s why this country keeps going on a downward spiral.

For Amazon prime to have kept its South African team in South Africa and Nigerian team in London is enough to tell you that you can’t compare.
Black people and underestimating people. You guys are too loud. I've never worked with any other race and they are this loud and boastful. You don't even know Me, but just from discussion that I asked u simple question you've assumed I've never left the country. No wonder black people don't achieve anything that can impact the world. You've not produced anything that can solve a problem in the world, your problem is boasting about travelling to another man's land. I don't blame other races when they talk down on you
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by Abee79(m): 8:40pm On Jan 20
Good riddance 🙄😒😒
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by CavendishPlex: 9:01pm On Jan 20
nedekid:

Providus bank.
That is the only bank the regular debit card still works online. Even your ordinary saving account debit card.
The one I have is the platinum debit card that gives you access to executive lounge at the airports, also you have a spending limit of $3k monthly abroad, all linked to your regular naira account.
You do not need a dollar domiciled card.

Funny enough, it's the same Providus Platinum Mastercard I also use to pay for YouTube Family Premium. The problem is that I get charged anything above =N=2,200 monthly as against =N=1,700 for the Family Plan I have. I was charged =N=2242.61 in October, =N=2563.30 in November, =N=2468.26 in December and =N=2278.58 this month. It's crazy. I wonder why it's different with Youtube cos I pay the stipulated =N=1400 for my Spotify Family account using my Opay Vereve card. It's unfortunate Google won't let me select the Opay Verve card for the YouTube payment despite having it linked to my Google account.
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by dejonathan(f): 9:03pm On Jan 20
Smartguyboy:

And why will I do that ?
Never mind
Good
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by nedekid: 9:09pm On Jan 20
CavendishPlex:

Funny enough, it's the same Providus Platinum Mastercard I also use to pay for YouTube Family Premium. The problem is that I get charged anything above =N=2,200 monthly as against =N=1,700 for the Family Plan I have. I was charged =N=2242.61 in October, =N=2563.30 in November, =N=2468.26 in December and =N=2278.58 this month. It's crazy. I wonder why it's different with Youtube cos I pay the stipulated =N=1400 for my Spotify Family account using my Opay Vereve card. It's unfortunate Google won't let me select the Opay Verve card for the YouTube payment despite having it linked to my Google account.
Yeah, you are right.
The actual debit I got is ₦2482.71.
I think the exchange rate varies.
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by DelphiOracle(m): 10:32pm On Jan 20
dejonathan:
send mail
obygis@gmail.com
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by Alaigbo(m): 11:17pm On Jan 20
You are definitely right on that but you also have to take account China Russia as it stand today are not rated as developed nation surely there must be something wrong with such rating from the Western countries.

How do you rate Taiwan n Hong Kong as developed nation but not it mother country of China but yes South Africa is rated developing country but I know countries like Malta UAE rated developed are not beta developed than South Africa. I might be wring though, been to UAE n can't tell a thing it is beta at than South Africa. Same goes for many other cities in the. UK with London barely having a very slight edge but a very insignificant one.

YourGFsnatcher:

South Africa is NOT A DEVELOPED NATION. SA is DEVELOPING nation. Check your facts

1 Like

Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by YourGFsnatcher: 12:52pm On Jan 21
Alaigbo:
You are definitely right on that but you also have to take account China Russia as it stand today are not rated as developed nation surely there must be something wrong with such rating from the Western countries.

How do you rate Taiwan n Hong Kong as developed nation but not it mother country of China but yes South Africa is rated developing country but I know countries like Malta UAE rated developed are not beta developed than South Africa. I might be wring though, been to UAE n can't tell a thing it is beta at than South Africa. Same goes for many other cities in the. UK with London barely having a very slight edge but a very insignificant one.

You are right. Maybe they need to revisit the criteria that are used. The criteria may have laspes that makes it lack the capability to truly reflect the state of nations
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by iamL(f): 3:48pm On Jan 21
AlphaNugget:
Pirates don spoil business.....Moreover, Nigeria data dey quick finish, if na outside country now to stream no go hard local man, but for here, 2.5gb no dey last 24hrs.

Imagine their Nigerian team operating outside Nigeria....now that is fu*ked up shocked

Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by iamL(f): 3:51pm On Jan 21
YourGFsnatcher:
Not good

Them don see us finish. While Nigerian team operates from London, South African team operates from Cape Town n Johannesburg. Welldone!!

South Africa and Nigeria na mate before? Maybe that ancient giant of Africa still dey decive una.
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by YourGFsnatcher: 6:29pm On Jan 21
iamL:

South Africa and Nigeria na mate before? Maybe that ancient giant of Africa still dey decive una.
We have bigger market
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by studyless123: 7:03pm On Jan 24
joshkke:

Hmnn. 14 million Nigerian households have DSTV/GOTV which is from 1-3 times more expensive than Netflix or Prime. The real enemy is internet data costs which is some of the highest in the world. The solution? A partnership with Elon Musk's Starlink to provide redundant fixed data at affordable rates just for streaming services. Not possible? Local telcos are already doing this with special bundles, eg WhatsApp bundle, etc. Actually very solvable but company executives would rather collect fat bonuses than actually solve problems with applicable local/particular solutions

Netflix partners ISPs to make its services faster. For Amazon they're just divesting. When their Starlink equivalent is up and running, they can deploy such solutions.
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by joshkke(m): 11:48am On Jan 27
studyless123:

Netflix partners ISPs to make its services faster. For Amazon they're just divesting. When their Starlink equivalent is up and running, they can deploy such solutions.

Oh, ok. Do you know how the Netflix/ISPs partnership works please?
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by cucumbar: 2:40am On Jan 28
YourGFsnatcher:

Black people and underestimating people. You guys are too loud. I've never worked with any other race and they are this loud and boastful. You don't even know Me, but just from discussion that I asked u simple question you've assumed I've never left the country. No wonder black people don't achieve anything that can impact the world. You've not produced anything that can solve a problem in the world, your problem is boasting about travelling to another man's land. I don't blame other races when they talk down on you
keep quiet.
don't ask stupid questions.its annoying.
You can search stuffs on goggle so that you don't come here and display your ignorance.

Lastly, don't you ever compare Nigeria and South Africa. They are not on the same league.
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by YourGFsnatcher: 3:08pm On Jan 28
cucumbar:
keep quiet.
You can search stuffs on goggle so that you don't come here and display your ignorance.

Lastly, don't you ever compare Nigeria and South Africa. They are not on the same league.
Arguing with a brilliant person is difficult, but arguing with a dumb person is impossible. You are dumb!
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by YourGFsnatcher: 3:09pm On Jan 28
cucumbar:
keep quiet.

Arguing with a brilliant person is difficult, but arguing with a dumb person is impossible. You are dumb! Let me do this with someone else
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by cucumbar: 8:46pm On Jan 28
YourGFsnatcher:

Arguing with a brilliant person is difficult, but arguing with a dumb person is impossible. You are dumb! Let me do this with someone else
grin
I’m not arguing with you, brilliant boy.

I’m instructing you not to be stupid, so that you don’t mislead others, and so that foreigners that might read your Mumu post won’t think all Nigerians are as brilliant as you are.

Stick to your area of competence…..woman wrapper/girlfriend snatcher . Don’t dabble into what is bigger than you.

Yamayama fall on that your empty bald head for posting rubbish on this thread.
Re: Amazon Prime To Layoff Staff And Stop Producing African Content by studyless123: 7:58pm On Jan 29
joshkke:

Oh, ok. Do you know how the Netflix/ISPs partnership works please?

Search for Netflix open connect. That's what they call it.

In the past they have been accused of having traffic interconnection deals with ISPs that would prohibit broadband providers from entering into traffic priority agreements with Web content providers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dan Foster Falls-off Chair On Nigeria’s Got Talent (Pictures) / Bbnaija: I’m Attracted To Jackie B – Pere Reveals / Ladies And This Mind-boggling Obsession With Zeeworld Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.