Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? (4787 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Troops Capture Gwoza Destroying The Headquarters Of The Boko Haram This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by onchefx: 12:13am On Nov 08, 2011
BOKO HARAM HAVE SPONSORS,DON'T THEY?WIPE THERE SPONSORS AND BEEF UP SECURITY WITHIN NIGERIA AND THE NIGERIAN BORDER THAT IS ALL,THIS WHOLE PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED,MY PROBLEM IS THAT GEJ IS NOT COURAGEOUS ENOUGH TO STAND IN THE FACE OF THIS CHALLENGE,THIS GUY SHOULD BE SMOKED OUT OF THEIR HOLE THE HAVE A HIDING PLACE,BLOCK THEIR HIDING HOLES SO THAT NONE COMES OUT AND NONE GOES IN,WITH THIS THIS BOKO HARAM GUY WILL BE BUT UNDER CONTROL,LOOK U DONT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORIST,I KNOW THEY HAVE A HIDING PLACE IN SOME NEIGHBORING AFRICAN NATIONS BLOCK OUR BORDER VERY WELL AND MAKE SURE IT IS NOT POROUS.THATSALL
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by yommysomguy(m): 12:22am On Nov 08, 2011
onchefx:

BOKO HARAM HAVE SPONSORS,DON'T THEY?WIPE THERE SPONSORS AND BEEF UP SECURITY WITHIN NIGERIA AND THE NIGERIAN BORDER THAT IS ALL,THIS WHOLE PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED,MY PROBLEM IS THAT GEJ IS NOT COURAGEOUS ENOUGH TO STAND IN THE FACE OF THIS CHALLENGE,THIS GUY SHOULD BE SMOKED OUT OF THEIR HOLE THE HAVE A HIDING PLACE,BLOCK THEIR HIDING HOLES SO THAT NONE COMES OUT AND NONE GOES IN,WITH THIS THIS BOKO HARAM GUY WILL BE BUT UNDER CONTROL,LOOK U DONT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORIST,I KNOW THEY HAVE A HIDING PLACE IN SOME NEIGHBORING AFRICAN NATIONS BLOCK OUR BORDER VERY WELL AND MAKE SURE IT IS NOT POROUS.THATSALL
like its going to solve the country's problem
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by HISchild: 12:52am On Nov 08, 2011
Look around you, one of the many signs of the times, very end of days, truly, "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." - Mat 24:12. “Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:” - Isa 55:6. “For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of GOD [is] eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.” - Rom 6:23, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12. “So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of GOD.” - Rom 10:17. This is truth.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by olapluto(m): 1:51am On Nov 08, 2011
Engage people more. BH are not aliens. They live amongst the people and have children who mix. Turn the people against them. Let the media also turn the heat against them. If 30 people die today in BH incidence, people quickly blame the government, thus taking the heat away from the perpetrators. Let us support and comment the security forces when they get it right. We cannot expect anything good if we keep bashing our security forces and thus silently praising BH.
If every one who's family member has been killed in Maiduguri decides to turn the heat on the killers, then BH wont last. However, most people seem to side more with BH than with government forces.
I find it strange that the families of the brave security men so far killed by BH have had little mention or sympathy. Surely we are not serious as a nation.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Bornagain190: 7:09am On Nov 08, 2011
Practical solution. Forget SNC it wont work, d govt can even rent crowd from several tribes to ask prepared questions among themselves. Forget referendum to determine if the states want sharia, d outcome would be doctored and faked. Solution- let there be justice, when u kill, u should do jail in another region of d country, to prevent murderers jail breaking, 2)let there be punishment for corrupt acts right from d contractor that fails to deliver on agreed contract terms, to d local govt chairman, and d ministries, police. 3) d president should hav d political will to prosecute their sponsors. 4) infracstructural development like roads, healthcare, jobs,power, social policies dat favor d masses.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by hercules07: 7:24am On Nov 08, 2011
Evil brain has got the solution or at least some part of the solution, the Northern peeps hate the police and the armed forces far more than the BH people, the police and armed forces behave like stone age people, killing at will, who is going to risk his or her own life reporting anybody to the police, until the FG is ready to lead by example, BH is just the beginning of our problems.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by member479760: 11:56am On Nov 08, 2011
all turn to boko haram, issue resolve.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by babaowo: 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2011
hmmm very sad indeed that few ppl come out wt the solutions to the problem nigeria facing.well no.1, nigeria need national data base.2, we need enhancement of border security control. 3,we need local government n state police. 4, we need true federalism, 5, fight corruption from aso rock to local government. 6,electricity is most. 7, improve educational system which is already decay. 8,provide agricultural tools,manual farming can't work in this mordern day of ours,nigeria need mechanize farming.9, basic infrastructure is most.10 may b we should start praying after all this have been put in place.and if government can't rise to d occation, i think nigerian should take d step by starting revolution. May GOd help us cos westerner too are nigeria's stronghold since far back.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Litmus: 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
dare2think

Infiltration and killing of sponsors.

I've always thought this too. We need to recruit people, the process of recruitment should be rigorous so to weed  out potential turncoats and people susceptible to bribery. When you have the type of people you want you make sure you pay them well and their families looked after. Next dress recruits in vagabond clothing and set them loose allover the part of the country where you suspect these terrorists are active. The  remit of  these recruits should be to join Boko haram. There will need to be many such trained operatives. Eventually at least one or two people like this will find their way into the terrorist organization. After that it is up to government to decide if or when to start assassinations.    

The thing is, at the very least infiltrators would cause the terrorist leaders sleepless nights. They'd be always looking over their shoulders and having members killed because they think that said member might be an infiltrator. It would sow confusion.

On the other hand, Nigeria should just expel all Pakistanis, Iranians and Saudis from the country, secure the Nigeria Niger borders  and stop Nigerians traveling to the middle east, Sudan and watch the Americans like hawk. grin
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Demdem(m): 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2011
The retardeen told us he knows the sponsors of Boko Haram that includes a former Head of state. what has he done about that?
If u want a solution from me, give me infos and grant me access to all the security info the Retardeen has and you will see me in action. without this, its simply a waste of effort and brain work.
Re: What Can Nigeria Do To Resolve The Boko Horam Issue ? by Jeboy(m): 3:07am On Nov 09, 2011
The solution is simple but who is willing 2 bell d cat?The criminal justice system is weak.I heard d nba chairman said it was reviewed last in d 80s or so.Get d Senate or Reps to pass a law dat stipulates at least 20 yrs jail term for terrorist,let d executive improve in intelligent gathering,effective evidence gathering to nail terrorist & security measures all of dis will guarantee apprehension & effective prosecution.Then let the judges be encouraged to accelerate trial & judgement.Dis will put an end 2 d gaddem acts.Its not just abt d president,all arms of govt & their key agencies must be on alert & have d political will.But alas d senate & rep dare start d process cos they ll be afraid of boko attack & they are not ready 2 part with d largesse they re enjoying at d risk of losing there life even if its only national sacrifice they need 2 take.So my question again,whos willing 2 bell d cat?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Captain Usman A. Aliyu. Another Fallen Hero PIX / Buhari Tell Generator Sellers To Look For Another Business (pic) / Senate President Applauds Governor Ugwuanyi For Promoting National Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.