Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,387 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? (19605 Views)

Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo / How I Made Beef And Vegetables Stir Fry To Start This Christmas (Photos,Video) / Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by gentlemate00: 5:33pm On Jan 21
Indomie mummie grin grin grin

Testiebobo:
I'hv being trying to stop my mum from consuming excess beef in her food including her addiction to indomie, but to no avail she is not gonna stop. She can eat five pieces of beef in a small plate of rice at a time. And she is not the type that use to stress herself or engage in any exercise, too much of indomie and beef is excess fat. How do i advice her as her child?
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Rapture4real(m): 5:37pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:
I'hv being trying to stop my mum from consuming excess beef in her food including her addiction to indomie, but to no avail she is not gonna stop. She can eat five pieces of beef in a small plate of rice at a time. And she is not the type that use to stress herself or engage in any exercise, too much of indomie and beef is excess fat. How do i advice her as her child?

It is very dangerous healthwise.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Tendd: 5:59pm On Jan 21
Chrisviboy85:
Oga there's nothing wrong with the BEEF.. it's only the INDOMIE that might not be good for her because it's processed food..what you should be afraid of is excess sugar and excess processed food not meat..All those fallacies about Red meat being bad is nothing but lies bro.. Meat and Eggs are nice for the body..but Processed food like INDOMIE can be harmful when taken in excess..our ancestors ate more Meat than we are doing today,in fact many lived on just meat for sometimes but they lived longer than us..

Eating excess of red meat would shorten your life span.Plant-based protein like beans is recommended.
There are no data to show that our ancestors lived longer.Life expectancy globally has increased thanks to modern medicine and awareness.Nigerians generally, both home and abroad, have shown
lack of self -discipline and consistency to improve on our lifestyle towards health and fitness, that is why our life expectancy is quite low.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by spiralwedge(m): 6:40pm On Jan 21
Testiebobo:

She needs a lot of protein. Indomie is not usually much, i would have said excess carb/sugar.

Leave her, she’s doing well… except the meats are as big as those massive party meats.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Jan 21
Tendd:
Eating excess of red meat would shorten your life span.Plant-based protein like beans is recommended.
There are no data to show that our ancestors lived longer.Life expectancy globally has increased thanks to modern medicine and awareness.Nigerians generally, both home and abroad, have shown
lack of self -discipline and consistency to improve on our lifestyle towards health and fitness, that is why our life expectancy is quite low
Yet Oyinbo wey dey chop read meat regularly dey live longer than the average African wey no see meat chop as much? undecided
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Jan 21
spiralwedge:
■ She needs a lot of protein. Indomie is not usually much, i would have said excess carb/sugar.
Leave her, she’s doing well… except the meats are as big as those massive party meats.
Indomie and rice are both sources of carbohydrates. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Tendd: 8:14pm On Jan 21
Kobojunkie:
Yet Oyinbo wey dey chop read meat regularly dey live longer than the average African wey no see meat chop as much? undecided
Oyibo does constant research and more information on nutrition and health,something we generally don't show interest in.And it's not always about money but genuine interest on longevity.Some of us eat ourselves to death;take for example our actresses and actors in Nollywood that are always getting sick or dying and our people abroad that are mostly overweight or obese.Oyibo also spend time doing regular fitness and wellness exercises, which we also don't do.Ask yourself why even the rich or financially stable amongst us aren't living a longer or healthier life.Don't be
enthralled by their fake life on the media, most often
walk along with high BP drugs.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Jan 21
Tendd:
Oyibo does constant research and more information on nutrition and health,something we generally don't show interest in.And it's not always about money but genuine interest on longevity.Some of us eat ourselves to death;take for example our actresses and actors in Nollywood that are always getting sick or dying and our people abroad that are mostly overweight or obese. Oyibo also spend time doing regular fitness and wellness exercises, which we also don't do. Ask yourself why even the rich or financial stable amongst us aren't living a longer or healthier life. Don't be enthralled by their fake life on the media, most often walk along with high BP drugs.
Storyland! lipsrsealed

Oyinbo dey chop meat regularly yet oyinbo dey live longer than your average Nigerian in Nigeria. No be all oyibo dey do regularly exercise. Meat issues no be reason for the low mortality rate among Nigerians. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Phabulous4(m): 8:32pm On Jan 21
Let her watch the tribe call Judah. Let her see implications of overdo.
Testiebobo:
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Tendd: 8:48pm On Jan 21
Kobojunkie:
Storyland! lipsrsealed

Oyinbo dey chop meat regularly yet oyinbo dey live longer than your average Nigerian in Nigeria. No be all oyibo dey do regularly exercise. Meat issues no be reason for the low mortality rate among Nigerians. lipsrsealed
Not all Oyibo dey do physical exercise but the percentage is relatively high that is why they live longer.It's very rare to find a Nigerian above the age of 50 that does regular exercise.Did you know that,in the November 2023, New York Marathon, only 12 Nigerians took part out of 53.000 participants.In London marathon only 24 Nigerians despite their large population in these countries.These are pointers of a people and their sedentary lifestyle.Now compare
that turnout to that of Indians,poles, South Africans etc, you will be surprised.Our people abroad just like us home don't also live longer and l am not surprised.Meat aren't the only factor to the low life expectancy, other reasons account.We need protein meat but just cut down the daily intake.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Jan 21
Tendd:
■ Not all Oyibo dey do physical exercise but the percentage is relatively high that is why they live longer.It's very rare to find a Nigerian above the age of 50 that does regular exercise. Did you know that,in the November 2023, New York Marathon, only 12 Nigerians took part out of 53.000 participants.In London marathon only 24 Nigerians despite their large population in these countries.These are pointers of a people and their sedentary lifestyle.Now compare
that turnout to that of Indians,poles, South Africans etc, you will be surprised.Our people abroad just like us home don't also live longer and l am not surprised.Meat aren't the only factor to the low life expectancy, other reasons account.We need protein meat but just cut down the daily intake.
This one na story you dey tell at this point. The point here is that eating of meat is not to blame for the low mortality rate in Nigeria. grin
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Tendd: 9:12pm On Jan 21
Kobojunkie:
This one na story you dey tell at this point. The point here is that eating of meat is not to blame for the low mortality rate in Nigeria. grin
I am not giving you any story but stating facts for us to learn and understand.I wrote that excess meat intake will shorten your life span.Our people should eat meat but not much, otherwise most will keep dying at an average age of 52 years.If Oyibo dey eat meat and live longer why then diasporan Nigerians that eat lots of meat don't live long like average westerner.Other factors also account for the low mortality rate in Nigeria.I can recommend "How not to age presentation;" or Dr Micheal Greger,the shocking research to diet and longevity,on youtube,if you are interested.It can be helpful.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by jaszplus12(m): 9:32pm On Jan 21
frozen70:

Na so and it gives her mood swing steady
It's not easy... addiction affects victim and immediate family...
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by frozen70(f): 9:58pm On Jan 21
jaszplus12:

It's not easy... addiction affects victim and immediate family...
True and negatively

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by jaszplus12(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21
frozen70:

True and negatively
So much so!! Too bad... but we still have to care for them!
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by favour32(m): 4:41am On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
You should equally stop eating eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc., which also contain the compound. undecided
If you like carry trailer loads of indomie dey chop am, dey encourage yasef say natural occuring and processed food na the same.
Coke na processed sugar
Yam na natural sugar
But for ONLY YA eyes, na the same!

CHOP YA INDOMIE!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 5:17am On Jan 22
favour32:
If you like carry trailer loads of indomie dey chop am, dey encourage yasef say natural occuring and processed food na the same.
Coke na processed sugar
Yam na natural sugar

But for ONLY YA eyes, na the same
CHOP YA INDOMIE!
Here's a simple question for you. Are there separate pathways in your stomach for the handling of processed sugars and natural sugars? Does your stomach walls recognize processed sugars differently from naturally occuring sugars? undecided
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by frozen70(f): 5:34am On Jan 22
jaszplus12:

So much so!! Too bad... but we still have to care for them!
Sure

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by favour32(m): 6:12am On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
Here's a simple question for you. Are there separate pathways in your stomach for the handling of processed sugars and natural sugars? Does your stomach walls recognize processed sugars differently from naturally occuring sugars? undecided
If you know all this,why you dey argue indomie matter in respect to mono_sodium glutamate?
If you like talk from here till tomorrow, INDOMIE NA UNHEALTHY FOOD.
That na the koko!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by mariahAngel(f): 6:12am On Jan 22
gentlemate00:
Indomie mummie grin grin grin

I think they're called yummy mummy nowadays. cheesygrin
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 6:29am On Jan 22
favour32:

[0size=8pt]If you know all this,why you dey argue indomie matter in respect to mono_sodium glutamate?
If you like talk from here till tomorrow, INDOMIE NA UNHEALTHY FOOD.
That na the koko![/size]
You didn't answer the question though? Are there separate pathways in your stomach for processed foods and another for none processed foods? undecided

By the way, monosodium glutamate is produced by way of fermentation. The same process used in producing garri, cheese, yogurt, and so many other staples is the same that is used in producing mono sodium glutamate to date. So tell me, does your stomach have a separate pathways for processing gari and for processing monosodium glutamate? undecided
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by adanonso(f): 7:46am On Jan 22
frozen70:

Anytime she falls sick thst she has to go to the hospital, follow her
While waiting for her medical test result to be out

Inform the Doctor about her consumption of those deadly foods

And tell Doctor to warn her to stay away from it if she wants to live healthy

I have an aunt that drinks cocacola like water, I warned her she didn't hear, her family warned her she did not take their words

I went to her family Doctor and reported it to him and ask him to warm her

The Doctor said he is tired of warning her and I ask the Doctor the way forward, he said she will reap it

Now she has Diabetics and her own is the bad one that she has been taught on how to inject herself daily morning and night

Its also affecting her seight as she uses eye drop that must be in the Fridge

I have a solution to her problems. Call 08103164131
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by favour32(m): 8:06am On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
You didn't answer the question though? Are there separate pathways in your stomach for processed foods and another for none processed foods? undecided

By the way, monosodium glutamate is produced by way of fermentation. The same process used in producing garri, cheese, yogurt, and so many other staples is the same that is used in producing mono sodium glutamate to date. So tell me, does your stomach have a separate pathways for processing gari and for processing monosodium glutamate? undecided
I forget say na ya matter for nairaland to constantly dey comment from morning till night.I nor get that time.
But I go reply one last time.
If you like rush to comment,I no go EVER reply you because I get BUSY but not ONLINE.
If you know wetin dem dey call low GLYCEMIC INDEX and HIGH GLYCEMIC INDEX as answer to ya yeye question,wey you nor fit defend say indomie na unhealthy food.
Argue with ya ancestors with somebody else.
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Xosh: 8:13am On Jan 22
I wish Ahnie will see this.i cannot understand someone blessed with good body after birthing 2 kids will be wishing to add weight.
Kevineleven:

Ebe like say your mum na our cult member, there is no day I don't eat indomie and fried egg, luckily for me, I got no fats cos am active.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Morenikeji090(m): 8:16am On Jan 22
You lack sense.. so this done reach prayer matter now.. Africa man
OBTOREPA:
Pray for her
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by credon: 8:54am On Jan 22
For God sake, what kind of thing is one posting. This is not a problem oga, check your home very well for a better problem for us to help you solve
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by one4GOD(f): 8:55am On Jan 22
Testiebobo:
she will learn the hard way dear I only hope you won't begin to sympathise with her and start spending your hard earned money because she will surely reap the consequence trust me and that come in very horrible package. Bedridden sicknesses and all what not. Am talking from experience of my mother in law she hasn't recovered from it ooh and no one will allow her child in the name of grand children to go stay permanently with her and papa in-law no send😁😁😁 me nah when I travel I dey see her ooh
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by one4GOD(f): 8:57am On Jan 22
noobody:
It's in Nigeria we consider beef/chicken/fish as luxury.

Abroad,protein is very important,
Steak is usually served as a main course meal and also you also see food served with loads of protein and just little food as the side.

yes protein is essential but not at adult age, as you approach adulthood it is medically advisable to start cutting down on those especially the animal protein. You berra stop in case you are engaged in this
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by frozen70(f): 9:46am On Jan 22
adanonso:

I have a solution to her problems. Call 08103164131
She is sorting herself out
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by OBTOREPA(m): 9:58am On Jan 22
Morenikeji090:
You lack sense.. so this done reach prayer matter now.. Africa man
God bless you sir
Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Jan 22
favour32:
I forget say na ya matter for nairaland to constantly dey comment from morning till night.I nor get that time. But I go reply one last time.
■ If you like rush to comment,I no go EVER reply you because I get BUSY but not ONLINE.
If you know wetin dem dey call low GLYCEMIC INDEX and HIGH GLYCEMIC INDEX as answer to ya yeye question,wey you nor fit defend say indomie na unhealthy food.
Argue with ya ancestors with somebody else.
Well, that is because Kookieheaded folks such as yourself are a dime a dozen on nairaland. Once cornered, and your ignorance of the facts revealed, you quickly resort to attacking the messenger in an archaic attempt to win the debate. The place is pretty much overrun with your kind. undecided

Again, You didn't answer the question though? Are there separate pathways in your stomach for processed foods and non-processed foods? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Jan 22
one4GOD:
yes protein is essential but not at adult age, as you approach adulthood it is medically advisable to start cutting down on those especially the animal protein. You berra stop in case you are engaged in this
Adults don't need protein? Are you kidding? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! / A Nairalander's Recreation Of Bolognese Sauce / How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.