Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola (44396 Views)

Ogun: Gbenga Daniel Asks Abiodun To Stop His Monthly Pension, Allowances / Amaechi Denies Collecting Pension From Rivers Govt / Sanwo-Olu Didn't Bring Back VIO So As To Generate Revenues For Lagos – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by biina: 11:58pm On Jan 20
The notion that an elected official or political appointee should be getting a pension is wrong.

What service has any of these criminals offered to be rewarded for the rest of their life time undecided
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Oshokhai69: 12:47am On Jan 21
Obakoolex:
No matter what the fact is, bittered soul will still wail.
It's a transferred generational curse

Please what is bittered soul?

1 Like

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by WakeUpNigerians: 12:51am On Jan 21
This guy na scammer!

Trust him at your peril!
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Blazetrailer: 1:33am On Jan 21
NextAbuja:
This is the most foolish comment on this thread, how is cash earned monthly equal to cars n houses and who does the monetization ? Your father ? What governor do not enjoy those benefit in Nigeria ?!

Is he paid cars n houses monthly ?! Bigotry as ruined the lives of many of you to an extent one shouldn't even bother discussing stuffs like this with your bigoted heads.

1. It is very obvious you are one of the paid online attack team(going by your registration date on nairaland) from your response. You also clearly exposed your ignorance and half education. I will make attempts to educate you below.

2. Its either you lack knowledge of how pension and earnings are calculated for record purposes or you chose to ignore key facts in what i stated in my earlier post( other people stated the same). Globally, in calculating total income, all earnings, allowances and benefits such as medical allowances, cars, housing, domestic staffs, etc, are considered Benefits in kinds and earnings /pensions so long as they are provided by an employer or someone else, in this case, LASG. They do not need to be paid monthly. it is provided and paid for by LASG out of taxpayers monies and as such, it is part of his earnings as contained in the pension act of 2007. The N577K is just the cash part of it and he knew he was hiding the truth by not mentioning others. You stating that there is no record to show he collects them on a monthly basis just completely exposed your level of education and understanding. He is entitled to 6 brand new cars every 3 years, houses maintained, free foreign medical trips, millions of naira worth of furniture allowance, etc....is that coming from his pocket? Lagosians are paying for them...and as such, form part of his pension.

3. Other Governors collect same. This is an aisinine statement and one of the types of thinking that have moved Nigeria backwards. Does that remove the fact that Fashola was half honest in his statement? NO! He knew he will get away with it because of people like you that rather generalise crime and corruption because of affiliations rather than hold them accountable for their lies, kleptomania, corruption and brazen stealing. More shamefully was the interviewers not pointing it out to him because they do not have the knowledge or they agreed to "soften" for him being a former governor.

4. What you need to do is to go and read the Lagos state Pension Act of 2007 and ask your seniors to explain to you what is called "Total earnings" under the tax laws. Globally, those are part of earnings and pensions whether paid monthly or accrued/amortised yearly.

5. The fact that you resorted to insults also indicates your level of maturity. Calling out someone's father on a public forum also highlights how you were brought up. I am sure, your parents will be proud of you wherever they are for insulting the fathers of other people when there was no call for it. its an uncouth reaction by louts and not not suited for civil discussion as only those who lack knowledge do that. It appears you get your mojo from cursing others peoples father. Hmm!! As Yoruba people will say, Ile lati ko esho re ode( You can only exhibit your homely traits outside unconsciously). You have represented you home well. PI have another example to show my little children on inappropriate behaviours in a sane social setting.

6. Again, I do not think you know the real meaning of bigots and you have used it completely in a lout lout manner, in assuming I am one of the obidients or people of other tribes to have labelled me a bigot to score a cheap point. I am Yoruba from Lagos(indigenous) and lived in Lagos all my years until i moved out of the country to a saner climes for the betterment of my life and my children's future.

Finally, if Nigeria is half full of people like you, then it is quite unfortunate and I do not see any betterment in the lot of the teeming youths who roam the streets everyday anytime soon, at least in this generation and next. One of the reasons Nigeria has become what it is today(or at least before I left) is pure illiteracy of the populace. This is not about whether one went to school but putting the knowledge to reasoning in everyday things and discerning of light and darkness, truth or evil, progress or stagnation. I know for a fact, that the amount Lagos state government budgets on pensions for retired politicians(Governors/Deputies)and other paddy paddy settlement in the last 5 years alone is enough to build and equip another teaching hospital like the one at Ikeja, somewhere else in Lagos. Wait until you have a reason to go to the teaching hospital, you will weep for Nigeria. That is part of your future being frittered away by a select few. I repeat, there is a reason Lagos state government refused to enact the localised FOI bill or even honour several requests from well meaning Lagosians on Lagos state government spending and more transparency on internal revenue, something that is the right of any tax payer in saner climes. My last shot, A country begets the leaders it deserves. They are your enemies, not people on nairaland, fight them for your future.

Dropped pen...unfollows thread!

2 Likes

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by miketayo(m): 3:38am On Jan 21
NextAbuja:
Of course if Nigeria was working he would be in jail for saying that but a Pandora Criminal in person of Peter Obi won't be in jail after he was caught red handed looting ₦250 million monthly from Anambra coffers to his warehouse at Orile in Lagos.

Just in case you want to investigate further google or Marvel Akpoyibo caught Peter Obi red handed with the loot before the inspector general of police Mike Okiro who is an Igbo saved him from the embarrassment.

Marvel Akpoyibo was then the Lagos commissioner of police he caught Peter Obi using his governor's convey to loot such amount monthly

Why are you telling me? All politicians are thieves its no news, Obi was only the best out of all the other rubbish.

1 Like

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Hotice085: 5:52am On Jan 21
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by fregeneh(m): 6:22am On Jan 21
TimeManager:
It's a shame when some section of the media deliberately spreading misinformation aimed at tarnishing the image of their perceived enemies especially to the gullible ones. You'd think Tinubu and his successors have pocketed Lagos's treasury with 577,000 monthly pension.

-kiss the truth!
just the basic excludin alawoances i think
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Love800(m): 7:16am On Jan 21
Ok.

Someone who worked in a federal school and later transfered to bank. Then from bank finally transfered to Nnpc, then finally he retired. Which position or level do u think he will be?
BennyDGreat:

Depends on what you retired as.
Some collect way more. An old director there would be collecting around 1m a month
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Asswipemod: 7:30am On Jan 21
seunmsg:

So, Fashola should be jailed because he trained as a lawyer and was appointed by the president as minister for power, works and housing? I should also be jailed because I asked you for Fashola’s offense? Really?

Dude, how old are you you? If you’re a kid, your illogical comments can’t be excused. If you’re a matured person, the. You may need psychological evaluation.

He said you should be in jail if Nigeria was working. That young lady must know one or two things about you, Kadoso Mutairu.
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by gare(f): 7:52am On Jan 21
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/i-only-get-n577k-monthly-pension-from-lagos-fashola/#google_vignette

What about the allowances? The cars they change, the house that was built for your and your overseas Trip sponsored by the state government.
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Obakoolex(m): 8:02am On Jan 21
Oshokhai69:

Please what is bittered soul?
Children of hate
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Oshokhai69: 8:24am On Jan 21
Obakoolex:

Children of hate

Na bitter soul you dey call bittered soul? undecided
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by AriyaTV: 9:56am On Jan 21
obonujoker:

Arrears, not monthly pension

I'm not dumb bro,

I know the different between pension and arrears.
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by captaininiobong(m): 10:32am On Jan 21
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/i-only-get-n577k-monthly-pension-from-lagos-fashola/#google_vignette

The worst thing you can do is believe any current or former political leader.

1 Like

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by bewla(m): 11:07am On Jan 21
GO0dharddick:
They keep insulting the sensibility of sane Nigerians.

If Nigeria was working, this man would have since been in jail by now. Werèy said a serious government would fixed electricity in 6 months. He was made a Minister, the clown said it is rocket science 🔭 clown
How have you help your street
And how many children and wife have you

Pls Nigeria na scam 2
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Olabode211: 11:52am On Jan 21
Photographer governor.
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by rollywise(m): 11:53am On Jan 21
TimeManager:

Yes, he said it because he did it as Governor and when he became minister, the two key components of power generation and distribution had been privatized by the previous Administration with encumbrances in the contracts making it extremely difficult to terminate. The only major duty he had was regulatory and build capacity.

-kiss the truth!

The way you keep making excuses for these people you'll soon kiss better cane from guys for street. Ode! So Fashola said no then it's no. Same Fashola that saw the burning bush... Sorry I mean hidden camera. You funny Sha
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by ideylaff: 12:06pm On Jan 21
troytino:

And the clown fashola that told u he earns 577k per month, what's the evidence he provided to back up the well known lie?

Fashola is next to BAT in wealth sucking from Lagos state. I wonder why people are falling for his lies and stories.

The interviewers never grilled him, I’m sure he knew the questions.

Why did they not ask him about the Famous End SARS Lekki Toll 🎥 camera he found, Mr Sherlock Holmes

Always trying to prove and act smart.

BRF go and sit down somewhere please

1 Like

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by iswallker(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21
The Pension law pre 2004, Pension act 2004, Pension reform act 2014 Non of them supports paying Pension to someone that served for eight years from government coffers.

Where on earth do they derive the power to earn this humongous amounts as pension ...
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by BennyDGreat: 4:18pm On Jan 21
Love800:
Ok.

Someone who worked in a federal school and later transfered to bank. Then from bank finally transfered to Nnpc, then finally he retired. Which position or level do u think he will be?

By bank you mean central bank right?
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by deekseen(m): 4:31pm On Jan 21
TimeManager:

Yes, he said it because he did it as Governor and when he became minister, the two key components of power generation and distribution had been privatized by the previous Administration with encumbrances in the contracts making it extremely difficult to terminate. The only major duty he had was regulatory and build capacity.

-kiss the truth!

I kind of liked Fashola's government in Lagos state at the time. But you guys should lie small small. When and how did he fix power supply in Lagos state as governor?

I don't really see anything wrong with that amount as pension for a former governor.
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Love800(m): 5:06pm On Jan 21
Yes central bank.
I forgot to add the name.
BennyDGreat:

By bank you mean central bank right?
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by spiralwedge(m): 6:32pm On Jan 21
GO0dharddick:

If Nigeria was working, this man would have since been in jail by now. Werèy said a serious government would fixed electricity in 6 months. He was made a Minister, the clown said it is rocket science 🔭 clown

Ignorant af.

If only you knew the extent of damage of GEJ govt. A golden time/chance for this country to move forward, but had a chicken at the helms.

Most of what we are seeing experiencing today stemmed from a lot of useless contracts and mismanagement from that time. These ones are just continuing.
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by GO0dharddick: 6:42pm On Jan 21
spiralwedge:

Ignorant af.

If only you knew the extent of damage of GEJ govt. A golden time/chance for this country to move forward, but had a chicken at the helms.

Most of what we are seeing experiencing today stemmed from a lot of useless contracts and mismanagement from that time. These ones are just continuing.

Abeg Let Tinubu bring back GEJ "damaged govt" where things were extremely cheap and Nigerians were happy.

8 years after GEJ era, you Tinubu supporters are still blaming GEJ after praising buhari. Now that Tinubu is in charge, the blame game continues. That is to tell you Tinubu is a monumental failure
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Thomasankara(m): 8:36pm On Jan 21
[/color]simply captioned,Buhari's government was unserious[color=#770077]
GO0dharddick:

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Thomasankara(m): 8:49pm On Jan 21
[/color]that state is poor,if ur guy begins to receive pension from the coffee,they might be unable to pay worker's salary[color=#770077]
CSTRR:
Was he expecting to receive 100 million?

Someone that just served govt for 8yrs.

So what would people that served govt for over 40yrs collect as pension?

Or is it a bad thing if he forgoes his pension like peter obi?

This is a wealthy man o.
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by CSTRR: 10:55pm On Jan 21
Thomasankara:
[/color]that state is poor,if ur guy begins to receive pension from the coffee,they might be unable to pay worker's salary[color=#770077]
So because your State is rich, you won't like a governor that's selfless enough to forgo pension?

🤡
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by BennyDGreat: 9:32am On Jan 22
Love800:
Yes central bank.
I forgot to add the name.

It's not common to see people move up to three different federal parastatals/ agencies.

But if he retired at NNPC, no matter his position, he would be collecting good amount as pension.
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Love800(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22
Thats what he said.
He retired 2004.
Thankz for the update.

But can u specify the range of the amount. From where to where?
BennyDGreat:

It's not common to see people move up to three different federal parastatals/ agencies.

But if he retired at NNPC, no matter his position, he would be collecting good amount as pension.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Flown To Dubai For Medical Treatment - Daily Trust / Buratai: Criminals Are Threatening Us With Travel Ban / Three Soldiers Killed In Abonnema Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.