Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" (50823 Views)

Download A Tribe Of Judah (2023) Movie By Funke Akindele / Tinubu, Atiku Hail Funke Akindele On 'A Tribe Called Judah' / ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by We4all: 6:46pm On Jan 21
Nitabb:
What about the irresponsible men that just pregnant those women and disappear? Can't them be held responsible too?

A woman will NEVER get pregnant if she doesn't want to. Unless it is a case of rape, any woman who engages in reckless sex has herself to blame.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by 234daniel2010(m): 6:46pm On Jan 21
DeepSight:

What if you marry, give birth, and lose your husband (to death), as someone above pointed out?

It doesnt change the point.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 6:48pm On Jan 21
234daniel2010:

It doesnt change the point.

Of course an ideal home has both parents. However many great men were/ are raised by single women. This is a fact throughout history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by surgical: 6:49pm On Jan 21
Printme:
The movie was cool. A Nollywood movie I actually enjoyed in a long while.

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

That is, a male child will always need their father.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

No man will ever want to settle and train another man's child.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.
Obama was raised by a single mother

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by delpee(f): 6:51pm On Jan 21
jamiu49:
https:///atribecalledjudah/9
To link the to the telegram channel
Download and enjoy 😉

This isn't fair!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by We4all: 6:52pm On Jan 21
DeepSight:

What if you marry, give birth, and lose your husband (to death), as someone above pointed out?

They are called 'widows', not 'single mothers'.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 6:52pm On Jan 21
We4all:

Same same.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by johnjay4u2u(m): 6:53pm On Jan 21
Nitabb:
What about the irresponsible men that just pregnant those women and disappear? Can't them be held responsible too?

No jokes.
Please, work on your English, bro.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:53pm On Jan 21
Karleb:
Movies are for entertainment not lessons.

Shallow thinking

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by BluntCrazeMan: 6:54pm On Jan 21
Karleb:
In Igbo land, stories told by elders are both for entertainment and morals.
Even though animals are used as the characters, it still teaches morals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by BluntCrazeMan: 6:54pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

Why must we learn everytime?

Why can't we just enjoy this short life sometimes? undecided
Are there lessons in death?
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by temielects(m): 6:56pm On Jan 21
Printme:

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.
I wish I can have the movie narrated in writing, movies doesn't interest me no matter how intriguing they are
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Pentagon007: 6:57pm On Jan 21
I watched the movie. I admit that it was quite interesting but there is still that overhype around the movie. It is still that same typical Nigeria emotional plot. Nothing spectacular. i rate it 5/10

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by BluntCrazeMan: 6:57pm On Jan 21
illicit:
What of the ones that the husband died?

Abi man no dey die anymore?
If the man was a good husband, the woman would keep his memory and strength alive by saying things like:

“If your father happened to still be alive, you wouldn't be doing this.

....Make your father proud wherever he is.”

Such a woman wouldn't want the kids to miss their father.

The story is totally different for single mothers whose husbands abandoned with their babies.

They train up the children in such a way that the baby would obviously realize that she didn't even need any man.
And that he/she as the baby/child is very okay without a father..

The psychological residue in the character formation of babies in these two situations are not the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by anslemarinze52(m): 6:57pm On Jan 21
Well lessons I learnt is that... It's hard to get help from people once you're below them. Either you look for a way to fake things and get what you want or you look for a way to hijack things for your benefits at all that's what happens in our everyday society.

3 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by tuzle(m): 6:58pm On Jan 21
Nitabb:
yeah they re to be blamed too, but more of the blame falls on the girl because she is the one that will bear most of the suffering. So if the man hasn't put a ring on that finger then be very careful not to get pregnant. At least make sure he uses condom before doing the deal.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:03pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

Abi oooooooo

Some people are words differently.

They see movies as a lesson note to analyse and review unnecessary.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by BondRiv: 7:03pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

Learning has no end. There is a lesson in everything.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Bluntemperor: 7:05pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

Many Movies are based on Facts of life,not just to entertain but lean so much lessons of 'This Life'!

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:05pm On Jan 21
phonny22:
You are the first to look at it from this angle

Nope. I don't think he is.

I used to know someone that watches movies with the mindset to analysis it.

I am like...wetin be this?

Can't one just enjoy a movie for entertainment purpose again?

I tiya ooo
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by tete7000(m): 7:05pm On Jan 21
Printme:

Don't generalise. There are men who have helped trained other men's children. Circumstances under which women give birth are different.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:06pm On Jan 21
Reza69:
Re
I watched the movie twice without learning anything. Thanks to OP I've learned something now.

I find your comment very funny

Phahahahahahahahaha.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Tapout(m): 7:06pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

I'm with you on this one cheesy
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by hooklover: 7:06pm On Jan 21
Nitabb:

Ifvu treat every one as irresponsible u will close ur l3gs or rotect urself .

Dont blane others wen u are d one tgatvopen ur legs

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by tete7000(m): 7:07pm On Jan 21
We4all:

And widows struggling to train children alone are not single but multiple mothers?

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Blakjewelry(m): 7:07pm On Jan 21
illicit:
What of the ones that the husband died?

Abi man no dey die anymore?
I hate it when people think they know whereas they know nothing. There are millions of boys who were raised by single mother and they turn out just fine. We shouldn't equate bad parenting with single mothers.

4 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by ParagonPrick: 7:09pm On Jan 21
ProudNigerian01:
Funke Akindele is doing very well for herself and the Nigerian movie industry. Kudos to her and her likes.

Side note:
Learn to be a giver especially to the poor. It will open amazing new doors for you. Give without expectation from the receiver but from God alone. Remember how you felt when you were given something, make someone feel the same way. The beauty of life lies in how happy other people are because of us.

Prov.22.9 - He who has a generous eye will be blessed, For he gives of his bread to the poor.

Prov.28.27 - He who gives to the poor will not lack, But he who hides his eyes will have many curses.

So we should give you money abi. Cos I no understand wetin consign the movie with this your beggy beggy writeup
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Judolisco(m): 7:10pm On Jan 21
Karleb:
horrible take from you bro...

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by StJasper(m): 7:12pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

You are 100% wrong.

The first duty of any form of performing arts is to teach.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by isacolukay(m): 7:14pm On Jan 21
DeepSight:

It is true that a father figure is very instrumental in the proper raising of a man, but bro, dont get it twisted - many single mothers have raised great men throughout history.

I bin wan ask you to name a few but I remembered Tupac and Biggie and I can not but agree with your response.
For those who would come for me that the guys I mentioned were thugs, don't forget babat the system made them so. Their lyrics still pass messages across to young black men all over the world till this day. And to say the least, their influence on rap music till this day can not be overemphasized.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Reza69(m): 7:14pm On Jan 21
ferhyntorlah:

I find your comment very funny

Phahahahahahahahaha.
Lol cheesy cheesy
Normally I wouldn't have watched it but because of the hype. Maybe that is why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NTA Wooden Backdrop Falls On Presenter On Live TV / #bbnaija: Omashola Was The Character In 2face's 'blind' Song (photo) / Bbnaija: What Biggie Did To Tacha For Dumping Sponsored Outfits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.