Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,489 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" (50389 Views)

Download A Tribe Of Judah (2023) Movie By Funke Akindele / Tinubu, Atiku Hail Funke Akindele On 'A Tribe Called Judah' / ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 1:22pm On Jan 21
The movie was cool. A Nollywood movie I actually enjoyed in a long while.

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

That is, a male child will always need their father.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

No man will ever want to settle and train another man's child.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.

274 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by EreluRoz: 1:57pm On Jan 21
Haven't even watched the movie. Make I enjoy finish first 😆

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Karleb(m): 2:04pm On Jan 21
Movies are for entertainment not lessons.

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by illicit(m): 2:29pm On Jan 21
What of the ones that the husband died?

Abi man no dey die anymore?

Or deadbeat

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 5:41pm On Jan 21
Karleb:
everything is a lesson if you choose to see it.

214 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Karleb(m): 6:00pm On Jan 21
Printme:
everything is a lesson if you choose to see it.

Why must we learn everytime?

Why can't we just enjoy this short life sometimes? undecided

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by ProudNigerian01: 6:17pm On Jan 21
Funke Akindele is doing very well for herself and the Nigerian movie industry. Kudos to her and her likes.

Side note:
Learn to be a giver especially to the poor. It will open amazing new doors for you. Give without expectation from the receiver but from God alone. Remember how you felt when you were given something, make someone feel the same way. The beauty of life lies in how happy other people are because of us.

Prov.22.9 - He who has a generous eye will be blessed, For he gives of his bread to the poor.

Prov.28.27 - He who gives to the poor will not lack, But he who hides his eyes will have many curses.

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by temmyyem: 6:18pm On Jan 21
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by money121(m): 6:18pm On Jan 21
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by callmevirus(m): 6:19pm On Jan 21
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by kokakola: 6:19pm On Jan 21
It is very easy for Single mothers to sell negative mindsets to their female children, telling them "all men are the same." There are few exceptions though.

24 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Proserpina: 6:20pm On Jan 21

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by alex2much(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21
Share the link lets watch too grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by spiSeyi: 6:20pm On Jan 21
This goes to Tonto D!cke and other feminists undecided

16 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21
illicit:

Thank you. Good question.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by AmazingELixir: 6:21pm On Jan 21
Ok

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by phonny22: 6:21pm On Jan 21
You are the first to look at it from this angle

7 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Theoarhics: 6:21pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

Movies are both for entertainment and lesson. Especially African movies. Go and find out. It's called Didactic movie.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Nigercity: 6:21pm On Jan 21
Nigerian movies
Metcheew!

Op your points are valid

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by fabolouz1(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

Movies are lessons & entertainment too.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Nitabb: 6:22pm On Jan 21
What about the irresponsible men that just pregnant those women and disappear? Can't them be held responsible too?

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by KingNom(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21
It was very interesting

On a more important note:
Do you know that you are to live/exist forever, even after putting off your body (i.e death)?

A Human being is actually a spirit residing in a body. Dead body means the person inside (who is a spirit) has left, to meet God for his/her just reward.

To get set/saved for Now and WHEN you will leave your body;
Please accept Jesus into Your Heart as Lord and Saviour TODAY and live for Him!

You are not promised tomorrow!

There's no other Perfect sacrifice for Your sin (they must be paid for before the God Almighty of Justice) except that of Jesus. Acts 4:12

Adam's sin nature, which you inherited through bloodline and your sins, have been fully paid for/handled by God's Eternal Word who became a man, Jesus. He died in your place (God's mercy) and rose with eternal life for you. John 3:16

TO GET SAVED, PLEASE SAY OUT LOUD:
Dear Loving God, I accept Jesus into my heart as Lord and Saviour TODAY! Thank You for washing my sins away and lovingly making me brand new, your child in Jesus Name, Amen! (Romans 10:9-10, John 1:12-14)

CONGRATULATIONS! You are now a Righteous Child of God! Kindly get/download and study the Bible and Rhapsody of Realities regularly. (1Peter 2:1-4)

Please message me for more information. God Bless You!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21
Printme:

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.

It is true that a father figure is very instrumental in the proper raising of a man, but bro, dont get it twisted - many single mothers have raised great men throughout history.

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Starboytwo(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21
He Don tey I watch any film tho.

5 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by bdon12: 6:22pm On Jan 21
Printme:

Go n tell may Udochie...dem don deceive her to go do nipple now married men will be chowing on a steady. For me ,even my sister get belle i go support her comot am.Nothing wrong in abortion.keep that child n see how male men relegate u to 2nd hand woman

3 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by GO0dharddick: 6:22pm On Jan 21
I'll rather watch Zootopia, frozen,Coco, Moana, Sing, ant bully, the croods, incredible, etc, than to watch any Nigerian nollywood

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by 123yes(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21
One of the best nollywood film ever produced in Nigeria. Kudos to Mrs Akindele. The famous Jennifer diary

12 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by PrinceofSarcasm: 6:23pm On Jan 21
Printme:

Who asked ?

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Biglittlelois(f): 6:23pm On Jan 21
Imagine dismissing the effort of single mothers that chose to stay and care of her kids, what stops single fathers from being father figures for their kids?

illicit:

Nitabb:
What about the irresponsible men that just pregnant those women and disappear? Can't them be held responsible too?

Waiting for Op to answer this questions

DeepSight:

It is true that a father figure is very instrumental in the proper raising of a man, but bro, dont get it twisted - many single mothers have raised great men throughout history.

Thank God its coming from fellow men, had it been it's from women, the number of mentions filled with insults would have been 7 pages.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Reza69(m): 6:23pm On Jan 21
Re
I watched the movie twice without learning anything. Thanks to OP I've learned something now.

11 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 6:23pm On Jan 21
Proserpina:
I have never loved nor will ever support single parenthood.

What if you marry, give birth, and lose your husband (to death), as someone above pointed out?

22 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 10 Biggest Film Industries In The World / Thin Tall Tony Pushes Bisola Off In The Bed. Is He Afraid Of Disqualification? / BBNaija: Mercy Celebrates 26th Birthday Today, Management Shares Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.