Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" (50807 Views)

Download A Tribe Of Judah (2023) Movie By Funke Akindele / Tinubu, Atiku Hail Funke Akindele On 'A Tribe Called Judah' / ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

Of all the quotes, this is the most ridiculous one. cheesy

Weldone sir! grin
according to u na... The op made a ridiculous take in trying to judge the character Jedidiah who was a single mum.. very prejudicial take

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Biglittlelois(f): 10:51pm On Jan 21
deltateam:
The movie is similar to Gangs of Lagos where igbo character gets to die for whatever reasons.

Ifeanyi was killed in Gangs of Lagos while Emeka was equally killed in A tribe called Judah.

Coincidence? You tell me.

You obviously lack tact

Tribalism and bigotry has eaten deep into your membrane to the extent that you can't see beyond that, hopefully it won't affect your progress in life and it won't become an epidemic.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Karleb(m): 10:54pm On Jan 21
OGHENAOGIE:
according to u na... The op made a ridiculous take in trying to judge the character Jedidiah who was a single mum.. very prejudicial take

How did you infer that from my comment?

Ha! I don die. grin grin I have not even seen the movie and I doubt I ever will.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Biglittlelois(f): 10:56pm On Jan 21
etrange:

Lol... I haven't seen the movie to know how he came to his conclusions. Also, I'm not sure what he intends to achieve with that analysis/advice. However, it's not uncommon for people to view or analyze situations, events, stories, movies, etc. through the lense of thier preconceived mindset. One doesn't need to be a philosopher to know that his so-called lessons are narrow and skewed towards convincing women to take things that men wouldn't touch with a six feet pole.

NL guys are always quick to advise women, but 99% of the time, this is always geared towards women widening the window of thier tolerance to accommodate more misgivings from men. I don't have any issues with tolerance provided it goes both ways, but that's hardly ever the case. The OP conveniently ignored the fact that a lot of women lose thier husbands due to domestic violence, cheating or even death. Is he now suggesting that these women should stick to thier husbands and take it all? Ok, let's assume he's only advising those "bad" ladies that leave thier spouses for the silliest reasons, why doesn't he, in that same breath, advise the men that kick out thier wives with thier actions? Why doesn't he tell them that thier children might suffer the consequences? Why doesn't he advise the men that mess around with the hearts of these single mothers just to "chop and go"? Why is he making it as these things are men's birthright and the women are the ones that have to alter thier ways to accommodate the nature of men? I mean, he just pointed out how mean some men can be, but it's the women he's advising to change.

Anyway, it's true that fathers play a big role in the lives of thier kids. This is not because a woman cannot bring the finance, sternness or authority the stereotypical man is known for but because raising a child is simply a difficult task for one person regardless of gender. However, we must never lose sight of the fact that a child raised by a single parent is better off than one raised in a violent home and in many cases, they do end up well. So sometimes, parting ways could be in the best interest of the kids.

💯

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by We4all: 12:06am On Jan 22
Uchesis:

Go to school, you no gree go

Now see the result

A widow who has a child and has lost her husband is a "SINGLE PARENT OR MOTHER"

Simple english una no dey understand.
Oloriburuku, you went to school but don't know how to punctuate. My opinion is my problem and if you don't agree, then Bleep off.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by praisecity(m): 12:07am On Jan 22
Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

not every statistics are correct in some areas, me and my brother were raised by a single and disciplinarian mother, and were are doing very good. and my dad is very much alive up till now,
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by We4all: 12:12am On Jan 22
Uchesis:

Arsenal and Gunners are the same club.

Na just the name dey different grin

A Widow is also a single parent (mother)

A widow is a single parent but that title 'widow' is what differentiates her from a 'single mom' who has never been married.

My point is, the African society use those titles to differentiate and categorize women without partners.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 12:19am On Jan 22
Ashley86400:

Leave OP na, make dem dey talk.
What about fathers that died or were just never there?

There is NO one way to raise a child.
Two perfect parents have raised future criminals/ Pychopaths/Wife beaters/ Prostitutes e.t.c
Same as single parents.
Just train your child, be a voice of reason to him or her and hope for the best- in the end it’s in your child’s hands how useful he/she will be in the society.

@ DeepSight

Two parents have raise criminals. We are all aware of that.

What we are saying is the single mothers raise "more" criminals.

Like what's so hard to understand here?

Everybody get money but Bill Gate get money pass everybody.

Two parents can raise criminals but single mothers tends to raise more criminals.

Omo, olodo full this country sha

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 12:25am On Jan 22
rollywise:
That's d angle you view it from. Me, I saw it from the angle of a mother's love for her children. The way she was always shouting and screaming and running upandan when they enter trouble and making sure they don't enter another trouble, I knew she would soon fall sick. I remembered the suffering my mom went through for us not necessarily because there was no father. Her four sons were for one man but he was polygamous and absent. Never judge from afar my brother!
yeah.

That's the problem. A mother's love is supposed to cuddle you. Protect you from the consequences of your actions.

But it always backfires when a father's disciplinary love is not in the picture.

She could only protect the children so far. In the end, they are bound to get more and more evil because they simply don't understand that actions have consequences.

You actually think because they stole the money, they won't fight again?

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 12:31am On Jan 22
Biglittlelois:

So Obama had daddy issues?

Jeff Bezos had daddy issues?

Again some of una no just the understand.

Between your father and Jeff bezos, who has more money?

Obviously, it's Jeff.

This doesn't mean that your father doesn't have any money. He has money just not up to the level of Jeff bezos.

A single mother can raise a good child but if you compare their tendency to raise a bad child, it's higher than that of both parents.

This doesn't mean the child of single parents will always be bad. But the chances that they will be bad is higher.

Give 100 children to 100 single parents. Give another 100 children to another 100 both parents.

Out of that 100 children, single mothers will raise 30 good ones while the rest are bad.

The 100 both parents will raise 70 good children while 30 will be bad.

Now compare 70 good vs 30 good. Which is higher?

This is what we are saying.

Some of una really just get certificates with no reasoning at all

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 12:36am On Jan 22
OGHENAOGIE:
I didn't judge her.

I simply correlate her life with real life statistics.

If that's judgemental, then I'd say you're a lost cause

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 12:41am On Jan 22
praisecity:
Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

not every statistics are correct in some areas, me and my brother were raised by a single and disciplinarian mother, and were are doing very good. and my dad is very much alive up till now,
I hate when we talk about statistics and people just point at themselves and say "but I'm different"

It shows really how little you understand something.

72 percent of rapists were raised by single mothers.

It doesn't mean all children raised by single mothers are going to be rapist.

If you are not a rapist, you merely fall into the percentage that's not captured which in this case is 28 percent.

Let me put it this way again. If I randomly select 10 children raised by single mothers, 7 out of them will probably be a criminal. While the other 3 are not.

That's how statistic work. It's not about you.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by CHoccolaTE: 2:01am On Jan 22
I am just glad that sensible men also came and posted meaningful replies to this dumb woman hating thread.
At least there is hope that some men have working conscience.

Unlike the OP and other animals that choose to demonize single mothers who actually stayed behind to raise their kids instead of running away and abandoning them like their worthless dads.

The fact that a woman is not married to a man does not excuse the man from being present in their child or childrens lives, they can stay and help raise their kid and mentor him/her even if they are not married to the mom, but many men are irresponsible lazy pieces of shit that don't care whatever happens to their own offspring just because they are not married to the mom.

I am sure the idiot men supporting Op are aware of this but as usual you men will always blame women for everything including mistakes you make and problems you caused.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by CHoccolaTE: 2:03am On Jan 22
Printme:
I hate when we talk about statistics and people just point at themselves and say "but I'm different"

It shows really how little you understand something.

72 percent of rapists were raised by single mothers.

It doesn't mean all children raised by single mothers are going to be rapist.

If you are not a rapist, you merely fall into the percentage that's not captured which in this case is 28 percent.

Let me put it this way again. If I randomly select 10 children raised by single mothers, 7 out of them will probably be a criminal. While the other 3 are not.

That's how statistic work. It's not about you.

Where is the statistics for Nigeria?

What's our business with USA or whatever country you pulled this bullshit statistics from?
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 2:06am On Jan 22
CHoccolaTE:

Where is the statistics for Nigeria?

What's our business with USA or whatever country you pulled this bullshit statistics from?
like I said earlier, it shows how little you understand these things undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by CHoccolaTE: 2:06am On Jan 22
Printme:
like I said earlier, it shows how little you understand these things

Post statistics for Nigeria and stop writing nonsense.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by naturefellow(m): 2:07am On Jan 22
Karleb:
Movies are for entertainment not lessons.
did you study literature in school?

Is this same way you would generalize other genres of art? undecided

With literary appreciation, there's lesson in everything, especially movies, as entertaining as they may be.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 2:12am On Jan 22
CHoccolaTE:
I am just glad that sensible men also came and posted meaningful replies to this dumb woman hating thread.
At least there is hope that some men have working conscience.

Unlike the OP and other animals that choose to demonize single mothers who actually stayed behind to raise their kids instead of running away and abandoning them like their worthless dads.

The fact that a woman is not married to a man does not excuse the man from being present in their child or childrens lives, they can stay and help raise their kid and mentor him/her even if they are not married to the mom, but many men are irresponsible lazy pieces of shit that don't care whatever happens to their own offspring just because they are not married to the mom.

I am sure the idiot men supporting Op are aware of this but as usual you men will always blame women for everything including mistakes you make and problems you caused.

in your self justifying rants you failed to understand simple logic.

No one is demonizing women.

We are saying a child needs both parents. If the father left, the child will most likely turn out bad.

It's a fact. No matter how much you love women or want to praise them, it won't change this fact.

The question is, will you do better as a man?

Probably not. Because like most people you'd rather sweep facts under the carpet when presented to you.

Like you are doing now under this pretense of being a good guy

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 2:12am On Jan 22
naturefellow:
did you study literature in school?

Is this same way you would generalize other genres of art? undecided

With literary appreciation, there's lesson to learn from everything, especially movies, as entertaining as they may appear.
ignore the guy. He wan form posh

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 2:14am On Jan 22
CHoccolaTE:

Post statistics for Nigeria and stop writing nonsense.
you won't even understand it if I do undecided

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by CHoccolaTE: 2:14am On Jan 22
Printme:
in your self justifying rants you failed to understand simple logic.

No one is demonizing women.

We are saying a child needs both parents. If the father left, the child will most likely turn out bad.

It's a fact. No matter how much you love women or want to praise them, it won't change this fact.

The question is, will you do better as a man?

Probably not. Because like most people you'd rather sweep facts under the carpet when presented to you.

Like you are doing now under this pretense of being a good guy

Start a thread then advicing men to stick behind and help raise their kids regardless of whether they are married to the mom or not.

The men who fathered kids from the single moms willfully and selfishly chose to abandon parenting of those kids to the mom just because they are not married to the women.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:21am On Jan 22
Printme:
I didn't judge her.

I simply correlate her life with real life statistics.

If that's judgemental, then I'd say you're a lost cause
statistics by who?? You were prejudicial and discriminatory... From the film wanting a father figure for her kids Made one the man made away with her fortune and you still judge single mothers.. how about you judge irresponsible men who just walk into women life and leave their heart in tatters... Stats don't reveal it all.. it can be deceitful
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:22am On Jan 22
Karleb:

How did you infer that from my comment?

Ha! I don die. grin grin I have not even seen the movie and I doubt I ever will.
which shows u can't think for urself
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 2:24am On Jan 22
CHoccolaTE:

Start a thread then advicing men to stick behind and help raise their kids regardless of whether they are married to the mom or not.

The men who fathered kids from the single moms willfully and selfishly chose to abandon parenting of those kids to the mom just because they are not married to the women.
I should start a thread and advise men to do what?

Did they tie your hands? Bro, I post anything I want to post, and anytime I want to.

And I believe you can too. Have I ever told you what to post? So, who are you exactly to tell me what to post or the direction to go?

Secondly, it's statistics. Kids raised by single mothers tends to be bad.

You can blame the fathers for leaving or the mother for not raising them well.

But it does not change the fact from statistics.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 2:26am On Jan 22
OGHENAOGIE:
statistics by who?? You were prejudicial and discriminatory... From the film wanting a father figure for her kids Made one the man made away with her fortune and you still judge single mothers.. how about you judge irresponsible men who just walk into women life and leave their heart in tatters... Stats don't reveal it all.. it can be deceitful
I think you're as much judgemental as I am with this your post. No?

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:29am On Jan 22
When people ask what if? They simply want to argue, and do no deserve an answer.

The average man is stronger, taller and more muscular than the average woman. However, there are some women who could be stronger than a man. The what if group focus on that one woman in their village that used to beat men up.

However, we know from science and sports that men and women should not compete together due to the average male being stronger than the average female.

The average female is emotional and more focused on love and emotion, that why a woman will mostly will stick to her child even though he is a murderer, rapist, drug addict, or fraudster. She will rather give all excuses for him, and even claim society failed him. That's the heart of the average woman. She is 100% loving, but truth and discipline is not her forte. Some women try to be hard on their children especially in the absence of a father, but they take the control to excessive form, they were not created for this, so never find a balance. Other just pamper their child to stupor.

The average man However is less emotional and more focused on truth and fact. That's why men take time to make decision, as opposed to women who can make instinctive decision.

A child, especially male needs a good balance of love and truth to navigate life appropriately. We say I know a man raised by a woman that ended up well, however most people saying ended up well, are only looking at life in terms of money, and think if you have money then you are balanced and have ended up well. That's how depraved our society has become, a society that measure people in terms of finances alone.

I know a big brother star with cars and houses, raised by a woman. He was all over the house crying like a woman at every instance. People say he ended up well, however he is not an emotionally balanced man, as men do not cry at the blink of an eyes. Another owner of a Nigerian movie streaming app always rushes to social media to either boast of his children school fees being high or taking x number of holidays, then ends up making an apology, people say he ended up well because he earns well, but his obvious gaffs are not masculine.

PonziHater

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by NowisGod109(f): 3:43am On Jan 22
illicit:
What of the ones that the husband died?

Abi man no dey die anymore?

Or deadbeat

But Obama was raised my a single mom and the father didn't die o
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by cococandy(f): 4:09am On Jan 22
That means men should endeavor to be good and present fathers right?

Printme:
The movie was cool. A Nollywood movie I actually enjoyed in a long while.

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

That is, a male child will always need their father.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

No man will ever want to settle and train another man's child.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by nairamaniac: 6:14am On Jan 22
Proserpina:
I have never loved nor will ever support single parenthood.

You have to understand that most people don't deliberately choose single parenthood.
It's as a results of circumstances.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by SaLongs1(m): 6:17am On Jan 22
DeepSight:

It is true that a father figure is very instrumental in the proper raising of a man, but bro, dont get it twisted - many single mothers have raised great men throughout history.
Barack Obama comes to mind here.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:34am On Jan 22
Printme:
I think you're as much judgemental as I am with this your post. No?

i Kno it's difficult to accept ur take no follow so u are prepared to die on that hill of trying to paint single mothers as bad and evil
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by MuslimIgbo: 6:39am On Jan 22
Biglittlelois:

So in other words, you're blaming women for opening legs that led to pregnancy, so because a man is irresponsible, he should not be there for his kids, he is justified for being a deadbeat dad? It is the woman's fault that he's a dead beat? Cool, thanks for proving my point.
Absolutely.
It's the woman's fault 99%>
Also, you're welcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies Drink To Celebrate Efe As BBNaija Winner (Photos) / NTA Wooden Backdrop Falls On Presenter On Live TV / #bbnaija: Omashola Was The Character In 2face's 'blind' Song (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.