Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 (20290 Views)

Senegal Vs Egypt : AFCON 2021 Finals: 4 - 2 pens On 6th February 2022 / Nigeria Vs Egypt: AFCON 2021: (1 - 0) On 11th January 2022 / Mohamed Salah In Tears After Egypt AFCON 2019 Exit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by netmillionaires(m): 11:26pm On Jan 22
We will play either Cameroon or Guinea next.

goody234:

Don't worry nigeria will still lose the game ...the team is not good at all

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Eriokanmi: 11:38pm On Jan 22
iLoveYouToo:

Name your first 11 make I see where you wan manufacture the players from. You’re funny

Those guys are lazy, with zero discipline, running around like headless chickens.

Highest bidder my ass.

Let’s have your supposed squad if you say those ones paid to be in the team and aren’t worthy.

Don’t mention Ndidi and Boniface, we know they’re injured and would’ve been invited
I don't know where you live..but try and visit Teslim Balogun, Surulere, Agege or National Stadium on a Saturday, if you're a professional coach you'd select 2 National teams among them who can represent us well in any tournament. Those were the places where some of our retired stars of the 90s were selected from and they did us proud

My cousin was the best female.player in the whole of Ibadan early 2000s. She was always going to liberty Stadium to train. She was supposed to be enlisted into the National team. Each time she'd be coming to our house soliciting for help. She always mentioned 100k, which the football body was asking her to pay before they could accept her, despite her great talent and skills.

She looks so masculine in appearance. If not her breast, you'd think Taiwo was male. In the end, she was able to raise 50k with the help of her coach. She was dropped. Who knows,. Maybe she'd have been the best among them in her time. She's in her 40s now. When I said corruption, I knew what I was saying . It didn't even start today but it's worse now.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Pacesetter123(m): 11:39pm On Jan 22
This Cape Verdians don chop winchi, nothing wey person go tell me.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by bluefilm: 11:42pm On Jan 22
ishowdotgmail:
Egypt life don spoil grin

Aswear

Fear no dey gree me add Egypt for my ticket these days
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by kingola87(m): 11:43pm On Jan 22
grin
happney65:
If Cape Verde play Nigeria lasan. They will beat the hell out of us.

They will beat us blue black.

As in,they do not need that match at all as they are already top of the group with 6 points but they needed to make a point against Egypt and they really did.

This is a complete team.

As for Ghana. Their Military should line their players up and start wiping them koboko

Awon werey
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by BABANGBALI: 11:44pm On Jan 22
esemes256:
See exciting football!
Not the trash that Nigeria served us with.
Nigeria na country? Abeg forget that jungle
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Deogratiasfx: 11:45pm On Jan 22
kennosklint:
Nigeria will easily beat this Cape. Verde no de give them hope , Super Eagles to kee their spirits of playing with sluggish style of football then boom 1:0 game end

While I admire ur patriotism, and I also pray Nigeria lifts the trophy, but these guys we would need both luck and skills to beat them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by PHAYOL81: 11:51pm On Jan 22
Rayd502:
Cape Verde and Equatorial Guinea are the surprise teams of the tournament.

They no send anybody.

THEME of this tournament should've been “no gree for anybody”. The smaller teams don too drag the giants across muddy water. Don't be surprised if one of them eventually become the champs.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by ShoeGetSize: 11:54pm On Jan 22
The scary thing about Cape Verd is that they rested 8 of their regular starting lineup since they have already won the group and qualified.

So what we saw today is not even their best team.

Unless Peseiro has a master plan that he is keeping hidden, this CV team will humiliate Super Chickens if care is not taken.

Cmanforall:

See the leg over and the confidence to take on defenders

4 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by oroje1: 12:00am On Jan 23
I like this AFCON no be small,,, the so called underdogs no wan gree for any big dogs this year

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by engineerboat(m): 12:01am On Jan 23
blowjohn:

Ivory goats u mean

See as Ghana fuckup

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Dreambeat: 12:16am On Jan 23
engineerboat:

I just check CAF website now its true

So it will be either

Morocco
Congo DR
Zambia

The CAF website has changed it to group C. CAF is confused
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Cmanforall: 12:19am On Jan 23
Eriokanmi:
I don't know where you live..but try and visit Teslim Balogun, Surulere, Agege or National Stadium on a Saturday, if you're a professional coach you'd select 2 National teams among them who can represent us well in any tournament. Those were the places where some of our retired stars of the 90s were selected from and they did us proud

My cousin was the best female.player in the whole of Ibadan early 2000s. She was always going to liberty Stadium to train. She was supposed to be enlisted into the National team. Each time she'd be coming to our house soliciting for help. She always mentioned 100k, which the football body was asking her to pay before they could accept her, despite her great talent and skills.

She looks so masculine in appearance. If not her breast, you'd think Taiwo was male. In the end, she was able to raise 50k with the help of her coach. She was dropped. Who knows,. Maybe she'd have been the best among them in her time. She's in her 40s now. When I said corruption, I knew what I was saying . It didn't even start today but it's worse now.

Without this your personal experience, most Nigerians know NFF and the coaches take bribes to feature players or the influence of an influential person. (Exception is when a Nigerian, either born abroad or not) start playing for top Premier league teams l, then NFF will have no choice than to invite the player)

There's a reason most players in the team are foreign based. Being foreign based, they probably earn in higher currency and can easily pay millions, compared to homebased (with or without clubs) players.
There are NUGA games, and other tournaments (involving football) where stars can easily be picked, if truly Nigeria use scouts to pick talents.

When was the last time Super Eagles featured a teenager?
Was it not Uzoho?

2 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by spy24(m): 12:30am On Jan 23
Sleekfingers:

No the yeye football wey super chickens dey play

I put it to you that Nigeria will beat this cape Verde of yours 💯

3 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Ojuntana: 12:48am On Jan 23
At this rate I have to accept Cape Verde vs Senegal is a dream afcon final
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Nigeriagood(m): 1:04am On Jan 23
Ironbull:

Sorry Senegal can not defend the cup they will be beaten before final. Mark my word....
by who
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Nigeriagood(m): 1:06am On Jan 23
Eriokanmi:
Goaaaal. Nigerians, just watch professional soccer at play here tonight. We need to probe the NFF for fielding chickens in this tournament. Corruption has killed our football in Nigeria. Ordinary Cape Verde will trash us if we meet
na so Nigerians and useless blabing
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Nigeriagood(m): 1:07am On Jan 23
Stargangz:
Ogun kill those Pharaohs, see as dem cut my ticket, aye iyalaya babanla won oni da, their plane go crash, koni da fun won
back to you
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Nigeriagood(m): 1:09am On Jan 23
mywells:
Nigeria team are just bunch of idiot without direction, they've not score from open play, if it's not penalty it would be own goal,very disappointed in them .
7 points from 9 hmm Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by engineerboat(m): 1:36am On Jan 23
Dreambeat:

The CAF website has changed it to group C. CAF is confused

See me see CAF this people are very confused
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Crossboy(m): 1:54am On Jan 23
Rayd502:
Cape Verde and Equatorial Guinea are the surprise teams of the tournament.

They no send anybody.
Mozambique too
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 5:00am On Jan 23
Eriokanmi:
You can say that again...see team spirit,laying of passes,.oh,.my! Amazingly, both teams have qualified. I've not seen in this way before, the morales were high up till the end among both reams. If not for the own goal, our chickens would have come home to roost tonight lol

Without the own goal we would have still qualified.
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by SmartyPants(m): 5:05am On Jan 23
Cmanforall:

Without this your personal experience, most Nigerians know NFF and the coaches take bribes to feature players or the influence of an influential person. (Exception is when a Nigerian, either born abroad or not) start playing for top Premier league teams l, then NFF will have no choice than to invite the player)

There's a reason most players in the team are foreign based. Being foreign based, they probably earn in higher currency and can easily pay millions, compared to homebased (with or without clubs) players.
There are NUGA games, and other tournaments (involving football) where stars can easily be picked, if truly Nigeria use scouts to pick talents.

When was the last time Super Eagles featured a teenager?
Was it not Uzoho?

Osimhen was introduced as a teenager. But how cab you seriously suggest that players should be picked from university games. Lol.
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by mischief003: 5:59am On Jan 23
mywells:
Nigeria team are just bunch of idiot without direction, they've not score from open play, if it's not penalty it would be own goal,very disappointed in them .
The goal against equatorial Guinea was what? 🤡🤡

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by omamokta: 6:00am On Jan 23
Eriokanmi:
Goaaaal. Nigerians, just watch professional soccer at play here tonight. We need to probe the NFF for fielding chickens in this tournament. Corruption has killed our football in Nigeria. Ordinary Cape Verde will trash us if we meet
Capeverde is not ordinary, they nearly won us under Rohr. They are a force to reckon with if you don’t know.
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Chochovini: 6:30am On Jan 23
This is the spirit of “NO GREE FOR ANYBODY“.
Otherwise, who would have thought that, Cape Verde of all people, would draw 2-2 with the 7 times Afican Champion Pharoahs of Egypt?
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by thehopeful: 6:39am On Jan 23
Stargangz:
Ogun kill those Pharaohs, see as dem cut my ticket, aye iyalaya babanla won oni da, their plane go crash, koni da fun won
Baba e ni suuru. Epe yi ti poju.

1 Like

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by Lifemanage: 7:05am On Jan 23
happney65:
If Cape Verde play Nigeria lasan. They will beat the hell out of us.

They will beat us blue black.

As in,they do not need that match at all as they are already top of the group with 6 points but they needed to make a point against Egypt and they really did.

This is a complete team.

As for Ghana. Their Military should line their players up and start wiping them koboko

Awon werey
Una just de yarn. Nigeria de tactical. It will not be an easy ride at all for any team that meets Nigeria. We were able to draw Equitorial Guinea with all their fire power. It is not as easy as most of u think. I am sure Nigerians will be shocked with this team
Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by helpee(m): 7:05am On Jan 23
Eriokanmi:

For your mind, you don make sense?
Make we go select players that will represent us from Agege national stadium? You think this is 1940 or what?
Football has gone beyond raw talent. They must be groomed and trained.
Those raw talents are only good for selection into training academies not for national team.

How can you even say this?

Your cousin raised 50k and she was not selected. Was that not enough to tell you that she was not good enough for the coach? They chop her money and still refused to select her. She was not good enough. Period!!!

By the way, what were the parameters that made her the best player in Ibadan? …. Because she was your cousin or because she looked like a man?

If those players at Agege and national stadium are not good enough to make it to local league, you want the National coach to waste his time and be looking for players to represent us nationally without any professional experience. Very funny.

In our local league, can you make your first eleven that could do better than this team assuming the almighty CORRUPTION is not involved? If the players are good enough, we will hear their names from local league first.
STOP ASCRIBING EVERYTHING TO CORRUPTION. These players failed in their basic responsibilities so far.
NOTE
Cape Verde is the most professional team of this tournament. Despite being a small island, the team comprises of players FROM 25 CLUBS IN EUROPE!!!!!

You want us to select our own from Agege stadium. Nigerians 😝😝😝😝

Re: Cape Verde Vs Egypt: AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 22nd January 2024 by SonofElElyonRet: 7:11am On Jan 23
Eriokanmi:
And why peseiro is still there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thierry Henry To Visit Nigeria For Guinness Made Of Black, On 17th December 2017 / 10 Reasons Why Golden Eaglet Will Lift The Trophy In Chile / Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.