Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! (20275 Views)

Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition / Wellington Jighere, The Nigerian World Scrabble Champion (photos) / Breaking: Jighere Wellington a Nigerian Is The World's Champion Of Scrabble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by TitiJJ: 1:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
By KIKELOMO IWAJOMO

Nigeria's Jighere Wellington on Sunday morning{8th November 2015) emerged the new Scrabble champion of the world after defeating Lewis Mackay 4-0 in a Best of Seven series in Perth Australia. Wellington finished first in a 32-Game Scrabble marathon to qualify for the two-man finals and defeated his English opponent in just 4 games, thus becoming the new World Scrabble Champion.

Shortly after his victory, Jighere took to Facebook saying: "Thanks all, for the prayers and the support. Just like our Oga, Sammy Okosagah, alluded to earlier on, it was a battle between one man and a whole continent. It was like I was borrowing the "pickability" of all the glorious pickers in the house. I'll be releasing a more appropriate statement later. I really must endeavor to rest now. I've not slept well in about a week. The fact that I was able to perform in spite of the sleeplessness still baffles me. It only goes to prove that God was deeply involved in this matter. To him alone be all the glory!"

Jighere Wellington is a graduate of the University of Benin and finished NYSC in August 2015.

http://dawntodusknews.com/nigerias-jighere-wellington-emerges-new-world-scrabble-champion-speaks-on-his-victory/

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by MizMyColi(f): 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
waow!

This is how God takes people to enviable heights.
He posted pictures from the airplane when he was going for this competition.

We were classmates too.
[size=1pt]TheBen iebanehita[/size]

Are you see what I'm sawgrin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by iamsodium(m): 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
I knw dis is supposed to make fp but it won't couz of d mod prefers celebrities
SMH...
#TEAMNAIRALANDSCIENCE

3 Likes

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by 4reala(m): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nice 1, more grease 2 ur elbow
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by speedyGonzales: 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by MayorofLagos(m): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Jighere Wellington, World Scrabble Champion ke
Isn't scrabble that game you play with english words and spelling?

Abi these people blind, do they know who Obahiagbon is??

Anyway, big congrats to Jighere! . Im excited for you. wink

3 Likes

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by iebanehita(m): 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
MizMyColi:
waow!

This is how God takes people to enviable heights.
He posted pictures from the airplane when he was going for this competition.

We were classmates too.
[size=1pt]TheBen iebanehita[/size]

Are you see what I'm sawgrin

Babe.I am seeing it o! grin grin

And to think he had to defer his final year/project and all the school wahala in order to give his full attention to the scrabble competition in school then. it finally paid off! A graduate of crop science now a world scrabble champion.
Thank God for his life o.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by MizMyColi(f): 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
iebanehita:

Babe.I am seeing it o! grin grin

And to think he had to defer his final year/project and all the school wahala in order to give his full attention to the scrabble competition in school then. it finally paid off!
Thank God for his life o.

Exactly!
This is a win for our Alma Mater too.

Lalasticlala, take this or the other thread to FP, plsssssss
smileysmiley

3 Likes

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by Warlord3000(m): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
Scrabble shocked
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by iebanehita(m): 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

Exactly!
This is a win for our Alma Mater too.

Lalasticlala, take this or the other thread to FP, plsssssss
smileysmiley

Yes o. A crop science graduate becomes a world scrabble champion. Its truly the Lord's doing. cheesy

Mine is surely on the way.. wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by MizMyColi(f): 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
iebanehita:

Yes o. A crop science graduate becomes a world scrabble champion. Its truly the Lord's doing. cheesy

Mine is surely on the way.. wink

Lmao
You sef!

You had to rub it in eeh!
gringringringrin

You get luck say Crop Science folks no dey NL, you for hear wheen!

AEE folks feeling superior since time immemorial.
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by MizMyColi(f): 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
speedyGonzales:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcDlnkfhQt8

here he is in 2009

That was six years ago during our IT.
#surulere

He's changed a whole lot now.

1 Like

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by speedyGonzales: 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

That was six years ago during our IT.
#surulere

He's changed a whole lot now.

I know!

1 Like

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by otokx(m): 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
Congratulations to him.
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by MizMyColi(f): 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
speedyGonzales:

I know!

You know him personally too?
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
Everybody famzing him. If it was a drug related stuff now they would have used his tribe to judge him

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by kennyman2000(m): 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
congrats brother!
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by lekjons(m): 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
Irrelevant!..
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by ofofoCEO(f): 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
wait is he the one responsible for SCRAMBLED CHANNELS on my decoder ? cry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by samjt005: 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
Jsdsjs
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by samjt008: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Good
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by Menace2Society(m): 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
Congrats son

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by 4C2215131: 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nice one!
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by lekjons(m): 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
prof1990:
Everybody famzing him. If it was a drug related stuff now they would have used his tribe to judge him
what were u thinking before u made this comment.. hypocrite!
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by geesilver(m): 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
Congrats to the ingenious one.......representing well @ the world stage.
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
scrabble champion? so there is a world championship for that game?
Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by costandi(m): 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
Scrabble, my favourite board game!

1 Like

Re: Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! by Kingbilo(m): 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
speedyGonzales:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcDlnkfhQt8

here he is in 2009

This is why I always try to give a person a good benefit of the doubt.
It's not by accent or presentation.. Some people are just good.. Watching this video you can see the guy isn't really "on the spot articulate" .. He's not a good orator.
But he probably knows more words than that Hon. Patrick guy and most other people.. He can do a job. It doesn't always show on first impression.
This is why when you are looking for someone to do a job for you, you have to give that person a test which is as close to the practical matter as possible.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onauchu Wins Belgian Pro League Player Of The Year Award / AFCON: Nigerian Players Sing Adekunle Gold's Song 'High' (Video) / 10 Reasons Why Golden Eaglet Will Lift The Trophy In Chile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.