Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter (16831 Views)

Please How Can I Calculate My CGPA In Nigeria University / IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. / I Ran Out Of Credit On My Prepaid Meter, Please What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Remi03: 2:18pm On Jan 23
Ask your goggle
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Ovis1302(m): 2:44pm On Jan 23
Use this as a guide to estimate your energy consumption in a month ( 30 days used in this calculation).

Check the actual tariff of your utility company/DISCO.

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Profitcost: 2:52pm On Jan 23
Go to your meter calculator pad, and you will see codes like balance, daily consumption, estimated consumption, etc.

woodr5711:
I recently fixed prepaid meter on my betting shop.
I only have 1 ceiling fan, 2 white bulb, 3 laptops and 5 computer monitor as display.
Working time is 8am to 7pm

I need an estimate like How many units can I be consuming per day?
How much is unit?
Does the price of unit same with all provider?
How can I be able to know what I consume to avoid been cheated?
How to reduced consumption?
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by femi4: 3:11pm On Jan 23
woodr5711:
I only have 1 ceiling fan, 2 white bulb, 3 laptops and 5 computer monitor as display.

How much is unit?
The reading is there on your monitor. Nobody is cheating you.

If the rate is N100 per kwh, if you use 234kwh per day, that means you will be charge N23,400 per day.

Your focus should be on whether your rate is accurate
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Yestogood: 3:18pm On Jan 23
It's a Nigerian meter. It won't be subject to any laws of physics.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by dominique(f): 3:27pm On Jan 23
Nazgul:

1004 flats in VI pay heavily for electricity. Someone that stays there told me that electricity is almost 24 hours, so they pay over 100k per month. They use EKEDC. This same EKEDC sells 200 units for 7k for people living in Lekki 2.

The pic below is the one a friend sent to me over 2 weeks ago when I doubted him and told him that 7k cannot give him 200 units. He bought 200 units for 7k.

Do you know that the same 7k of EKEDC would give you less than 100 units in places like surulere in the same Lagos?

Electricity prices in Nigeria differs from place to place.

7k for 200 units for this same Lagos? Some people are enjoying. 20k gives me around 406 units meaning 10k.will give me 203 units which somebody bought for 7k😭. It's like that for IBEDC users in Ogun State too. Someone living in Sango Ota area said she got over 700 units for 20k while someone living in Ibafo area got way less for the same price. It depends on the band band you find yourself I according to them sha
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Fordzzy(m): 3:36pm On Jan 23
1 millimetre makes 1 centimetre
1 centimetre makes 1 decimitre grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by yommen: 3:48pm On Jan 23
woodr5711:

How much is unit?

Instead of him to monitor his prepaid meter to know his average daily consumption, he is asking Nairaland? Do Nairalanders know the Disco you are under? Do they know under what band which the feeder that supplies your area falls? It's a question you should ask the marketer in your area instead of Nairaland. Nairalanders will end up feeding him with wrong information and he will now start accusing NEPA.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by yommen: 3:52pm On Jan 23
dominique:

7k for 200 units for this same Lagos? Some people are enjoying. 20k gives me around 406 units meaning 10k.will give me 203 units which somebody bought for 7k😭. It's like that for IBEDC users in Ogun State too. Someone living in Sango Ota area said she got over 700 units for 20k while someone living in Ibafo area got way less for the same price. It depends on the band band you find yourself I according to them sha

What band the feeder that supplies your area falls under is what determines price. There is band A, B, C, and E. They all see different level of hourly availablity and then different price. That customer that paid 7k for 205 units is under band D. Their supply level is avenge of 12-15 hours per day. Average over one month ni o
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by psalmsjob: 3:58pm On Jan 23
woodr5711:

How much is unit?

Just budget N4,000 per month or N1000 per 8-day the only thing consuming much powee there is the ceiling fan.

To reduce consumption; reduce the monitors and invest in a solar system....
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by safejo: 5:02pm On Jan 23
rayornb:

How are customers grouped based on this band?

Before the grouping a survey was carried out on how people pay their bills over time, so community and area who obvious pay bills and those on 33kv lines where automatically place on band A because it is believed they won't owe them when given supply

Areas that hardly pays where place on band E which is the lowest in hours of supply and tariff charge so if they dont pay the losses to the company won't be much.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Sensiblerealist: 5:36pm On Jan 23
It means the rating on each appliance per one hour of use. That means your 1000W appliance go chop 1KW in one hour.

ikeno:
Does kw/h imply that am being charged every hr irrespective of the amount of appliances i have.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by rayornb(m): 6:47pm On Jan 23
safejo:

Before the grouping a survey was carried out on how people pay their bills over time, so community and area who obvious pay bills and those on 33kv lines where automatically place on band A because it is believed they won't owe them when given supply

Areas that hardly pays where place on band E which is the lowest in hours of supply and tariff charge so if they dont pay the losses to the company won't be much.

Wow, very educative....

Now I understand why those in 33kwa has more steady supply, and more so, why it didn't go across so many areas
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by KarinaSlim(f): 6:56pm On Jan 23
lexyclasy:
Is you i want swallow o

Ashawo dey ya eye.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Prestige16(m): 7:40pm On Jan 23
You should use between 3 and 4units daily based on the wattage of your appliances and based on the kw/h charge programmed for your area (Band A, B, C, D or E)
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by maasoap(m): 8:22pm On Jan 23
Nazgul:

1004 flats in VI pay heavily for electricity. Someone that stays there told me that electricity is almost 24 hours, so they pay over 100k per month. They use EKEDC. This same EKEDC sells 200 units for 7k for people living in Lekki 2.

The pic below is the one a friend sent to me over 2 weeks ago when I doubted him and told him that 7k cannot give him 200 units. He bought 200 units for 7k.

Do you know that the same 7k of EKEDC would give you less than 100 units in places like surulere in the same Lagos?

Electricity prices in Nigeria differs from place to place .
That's my point. It shouldn't be if they are using prepaid meters and they're under the same DISCO.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Setursight(m): 10:52pm On Jan 23
[quote author=Nazgul post=128084556]
Lol...I used to load 6k before, then upgraded to 20k.

6k was giving me about 96 units. Now 20k is giving me about 309 units.

This means that 1k would give you a little over 15 units. And for the records I use IE (Ikeja electric)

Yours is obviously different.

In Abakaliki EEDC gives 10 units for 1k. Prices differ. Which Disco are you using?[but IE gives me 20 units for 1k.]
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Rinoxy: 12:20am On Jan 24
Nazgul:
20k would give you a little over 300 units.

So 6k should give you about 90 something units, and 1k would be between 15-18 units.

I'll recommend you load 6k. So with 90 something units, and all the appliances you mentioned, it should carry you for over 2 weeks depending on how constant power supply is in your area.

About how many units you'll be consuming per day, it would be difficult for me to estimate it cos my appliances are different from yours. You'd have to monitor the meter by yourself. When you open for sales, check the units. And after closing for the day, check it again. If it was 97 units when you opened, and dropped to 90 or 88 when you closed. You would be able to calculate how many days/weeks the 90 units should last. And remember to move your change over to gen or neutral before locking up so you won't burn more units over night.

But note that your calculations wouldn't be accurate cos NEPA would definitely size power at intervals. Meaning you can use 8 units today and maybe 2 or 3 units the following day. Just bear it in mind that 6k should carry you for 2-3 weeks regardless of how constant power supply is in your area. That way you'll know how to budged money for units.

500 gives you approximately 7.50kwh
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Nazgul: 6:00am On Jan 24
dominique:

I guess the guy who quoted you clarified that Discos group distribution into bands. And that my friend who purchased 200 units for 7k is most likely in band D.

My problem is that there isn't any much difference between customers in band A and band E. It's the same long hours of blackout we are experiencing. Where I stay in Lagos, for like a week now, Power supply has been terrible. We see light less than 6 hours in a day. So what's the difference between we and those in lower bands?
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Nazgul: 6:04am On Jan 24
maasoap:

That's my point. It shouldn't be if they are using prepaid meters and they're under the same DISCO.
Heard that customers are grouped into bands by the Discos. My problem with this band nonsense is that customers in band A paying through their noses and customers in band E are all experiencing the same darkness. So why not just allow everyone pay the same amount, why bring specifications when they know they won't meet up.

Imagine buying 10 units for 1k, and another customer is paying the same 1k and getting 30 units. Yet all of you are in darkness. Where's the sense in that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Olaideolayemi(m): 7:26am On Jan 24
All you need is to pray for customer to patronize your business,noting like calculation..All what you're using consumed less electricity supply...
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by maasoap(m): 9:34am On Jan 24
Nazgul:

Heard that customers are grouped into bands by the Discos. My problem with this band nonsense is that customers in band A paying through their noses and customers in band E are all experiencing the same darkness. So why not just allow everyone pay the same amount, why bring specifications when they know they won't meet up.

Imagine buying 10 units for 1k, and another customer is paying the same 1k and getting 30 units. Yet all of you are in darkness. Where's the sense in that?
Now, You get my drift. We should all buy at the same rate and if I finished my own within a week because I'm band A, it means I will have to go and buy new units
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by tom4greatness: 11:37am On Jan 24
Are you good at mathematics?
Do you have what it takes to render online mathematics problem solving?
I will be linking you to a foreign site where you can make at least $200 if you work really hard.
I will also guide you on how you can pass their test so as to enable you become their tutor.
If you are interested chat me up on WhatsApp ( 07031912193). Note: only for those tutors that are good at mathematics.
See you on the top!
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Nazgul: 12:52pm On Jan 24
maasoap:

Now, You get my drift. We should all buy at the same rate and if I finished my own within a week because I'm band A, it means I will have to go and buy new units
I'm glad we finally came to common ground.

Sadly everything in Nigeria is upside-down, till date I don't see any purpose of this band stuff aside it being aimed at ripping hard working customers off their hard earned money.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by countryman13: 10:02pm On Jan 24
[quote author=dawnomike post=128052366] You'll need a bit of physics though.

You need to know your kw/h rate and what phcn changes you for 1kw.

Then take your meter readings for a time duration and find your hourly kw average.

From that, you can estimate how much electricity you consume per hour and how much it costs.

NB: You can only arrive at an estimate cos your usage is not constant
[/quot
He also needs to note his peak period as consumption is assumed d highest at ds time. preferably, put on every thing u have in d shop for one hour, this will give u a rough estimate of what u are going to be paying monthly.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by PaulH07: 7:05pm On Jan 25
kokakola:
When I needed to know my Electricity Consumption rate for where I stay, I Searched on Google "Electric Consumption Calculation in Nigeria" and different search results popped-up. I Click on the one applicable to Nigeria. I carefully studied one from a DISCO in Lagos State. That was what I used to know my Electricity Consumption Rate and it has been helpful.

Goodluck.

Which DISCO in Lagos did you choose?
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by kokakola: 9:29pm On Jan 25
PaulH07:

Which DISCO in Lagos did you choose?
Ikejaelectric
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by PaulH07: 9:40pm On Jan 25
kokakola:

Ikejaelectric

Okays...
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Ssathugit: 1:49am On Feb 13
Friends, tell me, who uses the services of electricity and gas supply companies? I am interested in reliability, tariffs and service. My current supplier is failing - I'm looking for an optimal solution. Tips are welcome!
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by berbs: 5:11pm On Apr 08
Those with IKEDC, how much can N10,000 buy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fairly used items at give away prices / Marrying A Girl From A Broken Home...does It Really Matter? / =N=5,000 Weekly Charitable Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.