Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful (6022 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? / Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by ayusman16(m): 11:59am On Dec 29, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

The prevalence of Violence in Islam has nothing to do with Ethnicity - it has a lot to do with grinding poverty and the apparent inability of the reigning government to uplift the impoverishing conditions of the masses. Northerners may form the larger percentage of Nigeria's population, they also form the poorest. they are prone to get angry and violent when they are so darned hungry - f'course Politicians will play this to their advantage, just like Hitler played the Germans into thinking that the Jews were responsible for their economic woes

This is so dumb. Poverty indeed. Are they the only one facing poverty. The most popular terrorist (Osama) of all time was born into affluence (i think it is something they read in that book or the teachings from their scholars).

The northerners are just lazy and stupid.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2011
ayusman16:

This is so dumb. Poverty indeed. Are they the only one facing poverty. The most popular terrorist (Osama) of all time was born into affluence (i think it is something they read in that book or the teachings from their scholars).

The northerners are just lazy and silly.

hmmm. between the reasons of Laziness/Silliness and Economic stagnancy grin you actually reason that people who kill have primary motives that border on just being silly and lazy score one for a misfired semen sample tongue
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by ayusman16(m): 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

hmmm. between the reasons of Laziness/Silliness and Economic stagnancy grin you actually reason that people who kill have primary motives that border on just being silly and lazy score one for a misfired Fluid sample tongue

Still dumb for you to relate the acts of terrorism to poverty in the North,

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2011
ayusman16:

Still dumb for you to relate the acts of terrorism to poverty in the North,

let me guess - there is no poverty in the North, all you have are well-fed and contented and un-educated lazy and silly Muslims who just feel the need to exercise their religious right to kill non-believers. is that it?
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by jaybee3(m): 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

let me guess - there is no poverty in the North, all you have are well-fed and contented and un-educated lazy and silly Muslims who just feel the need to exercise their religious right to kill non-believers. is that it?
Off-course their is but muttalab ain't poverty stricken or is he?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by ayusman16(m): 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

You are entitle to your own thoughts.

Why don't the Muslims in the West become terrorists?
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by LagosShia: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2011
brother "thehijj" do not mind "frosbel".he is annoyed and anti-Shia because of what i have done to his christianity on nairaland especially in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739943.0.html#msg8961994

thehijj:

shocked LagoShia can you tell me why

I. Why did SUNNIS placed back the Images of the SUN and MOON back inside the KAABA MECCA .

II. One Sunni even prays inside the KAABA towards what direction? (is it the OLD KAABA, Al-Ula= The Oasis in Maneet ARABIA, which was once the Boss of the Mecca KAABA)

III. The SHIA now have their own KAABA too in IRAN.
IV. What city is this Kaaba in IRAN?
Sura 106
1. For the custom of the Koraysh,
2. their custom of the winter and summer journey.
3. Therefore let them worship the Lord of this House
4. who fed them from hunger and secured them from fear.

INSIDE VIDEO OF HOLY KAABA (MASHALLAH) YOU TUBE
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17XG-kxUskY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17XG-kxUskY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

i watched the videos,i cannot honestly and sincerely say that those are images of the sun and moon inside the Kaabah.those roundly shaped designs some containing Quranic verses,cannot be said to be images except through closer examination and knowing who put them there and for what.i may hate the wahhabis and consider Makkah and Medinah under saudi wahhabi occupation.but i cannot make such accusation against them.that is grave because it is an accusation of shirk and polytheism which is very heinous.also,let me draw your attention to the miraculous crack the wahhabis like to conceal on the Kabah.the crack that the mother of Imam Ali (as) used to enter the Ka'bah to give birth to Imam Ali (as).the wahhabis have been unable to conceal or seal that crack!!!!the saudis keep concealing the crack and patching it.but to no avail.you can see it here yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPJtGqKPXLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn4ZFAMR3lc&feature=related

as for the alleged Kaabah in Iran,that is also wrong.people make edifice of the Kaabah or the masjid al-Aqasa in Jerusalem.we do not face them while praying.all Shia like all muslims face the Qiblah which is the Ka'bah in Makkah.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2011
LagosShia:

brother "thehijj" do not mind "frosbel".he is annoyed and anti-Shia because of what i have done to his christianity on nairaland especially in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739943.0.html#msg8961994

Hahahaha

Bro.LagosShia na wah for you sha  grin grin grin

You are still hallucinating.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2011
Thx for the info LagoShia, also I did not realize that frosbel is a Christian because he was using words like kaafir,I now see he must be one of those fundamentalist Christians looking to start crap among all Muslims. I must be careful of those kinds of people as well.
       wal lake kum salaam
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by hymen(f): 12:38am On Dec 31, 2011
Lol ! @LagosShia trying hard to convince himself there are more Yoruba muslims than Christians  cheesy cheesy

You can lie to some people ,some times. . .but you can't lie to everyone all the time.

In the absence of clear statistics you can't make any such assumptions tongue.

Back to the topic -

Yoruba muslims are more reasonable ,not necessarily less prone to extremism because we (Yorubas) have a deep cultural heritage which trumps most (certainly not all )religious sentiments .

Its high time we focus more on our heritage & leave these imported foreign and arab religions to the arabs (and african-americans who have no recent history/legacy of cultural norms & traditions).
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2011
HYMAN is that something to do with a woman's, never mind,now I never spoke bad of YORUBA'S ,I think the Muslim YORUBA'S are more tolerent than HAUSA'S anyday of the year.

Now as far as me being AFRO-AMERICAN,The result of you africans selling your brothers and sisters to the arabs and europeans,BUT since I am am AMERICAN I have the chance of being President of the most powerful country the world!
something YOU could never hope for or to be.

You need to get your own Country affairs in order all that OIL money and majority of your people still poor running over to my country for education and jobs.sometimes. some  of you Africas with all that tribal dancing and no f@@@@king know how to take advantage of your GOD given land Mother AFRICA,you all really embarrass me sometimes!!!!!

by the way aFRiKa from the arabic root FRK=DIVIDE y'all sure live up to it including us Afro-Americans,NOW RUN and TELL THAT!!!
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2011
thehijj:

Thx for the info LagoShia, also I did not realize that frosbel is a Christian because he was using words like kaafir,I now see he must be one of those fundamentalist Christians looking to start crap among all Muslims. I must be careful of those kinds of people as well.
       wal lake kum salaam

Muhahaha  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Sweetnecta: 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ They just called you a hypocrite [fraud, wolf in sheep fleece]. Thats the label that best describes you.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2011
^^^

I must be doing something right, then !!

Goodie good Sir grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2011
hymen:

Lol ! @LagosShia trying hard to convince himself there are more Yoruba muslims than Christians  cheesy cheesy

You can lie to some people ,some times. . .but you can't lie to everyone all the time.

In the absence of clear statistics you can't make any such assumptions  tongue.

Back to the topic -

Yoruba muslims are more reasonable ,not  necessarily less prone to extremism because we (Yorubas) have a deep cultural heritage which trumps most (certainly not all )religious sentiments .

Best intelligent analysis so far !!!
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Sweetnecta: 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2011
frosbel in support of hymen who really can not clearly deny what Lagosshia said about muslim population in yoruba land. We are not taling about those who say they are yoruba and have neither paternal nor maternal anchor in yoruba heritage.

The cities of yoruba people comprise the yoruba people and these are islamic homeland[s]. We are not talking about hamlets passing as town or cities, similar to igbo villages passing as towns and or cities.

It is Islam that calms down to a comatose state the anger that may rage in the hearts of Yorubas. Hymen does not know the sweetness of that. Definitely, frosbel needs to look at indigbo indigenous muslims, how they have good characters. if you think igbo people are sophisticated before, the muslims among them are more sophisticated; and we have even that on nairaland.

you want improvement? become for your own benefit a muslim.

the boko haram could even be worse if they were not muslims.

extremism is not permissible in Islam the reason we all see evil in what boko haram does.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by LagosShia: 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2012
well said brother "Sweetnecta"!

and just to add,the absense of statistics which makes it hard to confirm who is more among yorubas does not however mean we should accept that christians are more.yoruba being who they are,are a muslim people.this was the case until the christian missionary invasion of yoruba land with "poisoned honey",luring the unsuspecting with materials in exchange for conversion into christianity.even at that,you would be left humbled and with suprise when a yoruba muslim lectures a yoruba christian on religion and the belief in God and which of the two religions is right.the difference is so clear and the wisdom of the yoruba people to determine that islam is the way to salvation!!!
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by maclatunji: 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2012
The western world is always trying to justify its 'Muslim North' and 'Christian South' stereotype of Nigeria. Yorubas are almost evenly split as Muslims or Christians. In fact, many people that make Christianity tick at the moment are first generation Christians from Muslim families- a good example is Pastor Tunde Bakare.

The problem we have with most 'Muslims' in Yorubaland is that they lack the basic knowledge of Islam whilst majority of those we have in the North are poor and do not know the proper application of Islamic concepts. If you relate with a Northern Muslim in the middle or upper class, you will know that the greater part of the problems we have Up-North are caused by neglect of the masses thereby making them extremely poor, subject to a life of seeking patronage and easily available for use as foot-soldiers for negative-elements.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2012
@maclatunji - Obviously some enlightned muslim does not agree (violently too)

lagerwhenindoubt:

The prevalence of Violence in Islam has nothing to do with Ethnicity - it has a lot to do with grinding poverty and the apparent inability of the reigning government to uplift the impoverishing conditions of the masses. Northerners may form the larger percentage of Nigeria's population, they also form the poorest. they are prone to get angry and violent when they are so darned hungry - f'course Politicians will play this to their advantage, just like Hitler played the Germans into thinking that the Jews were responsible for their economic woes

His candid response ?

ayusman16:

The northerners are just lazy and silly.

So in a nutshell - who can say what causes this sort of violent behavior
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by muhsin(m): 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2012
"Wonderful" OP and hilarious responses. How I wish I had time to engage many. Any way, everybody goes with what he believes or "knows". Nevertheless, the myriad opinions expressed are amusing, as I said earlier.
@thehijj, be careful. Look at how ignorance and seeming entrenched hatred towards Sunni made u a laughing stock. You hurried conclusion, "name-calling" and over-generalization based on unfounded evidence marred all that u have said earlier. I just now consider you like "others".
May Allah, The Exalted, guide us to the right path, amin.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by tpia5: 5:14am On Jan 02, 2012
Not all yoruba muslims are peaceful, just like not all northern muslims are jihadists.

I've been opportuned to meet jihadist yoruba muslims who were just as fierce as any northern jihadist.

So, it all depends.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 5:59am On Jan 02, 2012
Well "muslim" thx for your input, I can laugh at myself as well, none of us are perfect,but it is no laughing matter for me to be a Sunni any longer,

after chatting with many of you on this wonderful sight,I have decided not to attend any more Jumas at any Sunni Masajid.

If I can not find a Submitters Masjid, then I will Juma at an Ahmeddiyya Masjid for now.chow
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by maclatunji: 10:39am On Jan 02, 2012
thehijj:

Well "muslim" thx for your input, I can laugh at myself as well, none of us are perfect,but it is no laughing matter for me to be a Sunni any longer,

after chatting with many of you on this wonderful sight,I have decided not to attend any more Jumas at any Sunni Masajid.

If I can not find a Submitters Masjid, then I will Juma at an Ahmeddiyya Masjid for now.chow

Is this the way Muslims in America relate by balkanizing each other- I guess I cannot blame you/them. Being in a hostile environment brings-out the worst in people.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by muhsin(m): 10:46am On Jan 02, 2012
maclatunji:

Is this the way Muslims in America relate by balkanizing each other- I guess I cannot blame you/them. Being in a hostile environment brings-out the worst in people.
Well said and thought. Thank you.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
Yes it does "maclatunji and muhsin" I've seen the worst in Sunni Indiana and Pakistani Muslims , if anyone pushes me , they will and have gotten  pushed back,coming to America with their hidden CASTE system hidden with-in their HADITHS.

I've friendlyed with the Whitest of Muslims from Bosnia and the Blackest Muslims from Mother Africa but none have VEXED me like those   the indo-paki muslims (HINDUS WITH HADITH BOOKS).

You are really are unaware of the raciest crap they(sunni indo-pakis) come up with in a very undercover manor,but like Killer Bees of North America ,a hybrid of Europe and Africa so is the African American and like the killer Bee,if rubbed  the wrong way and we will come after you in such a deadly manor,

eventhough most African-American muslim are not like me,because they only see each other durning Juma where as I have lived among them.

So looks like it ain't just Yoruba and Hausa both who are Sunni Muslims, I may add, having a problem with each other.
                                            as-salaamu alay kum my beloved Muslim Family smiley
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Sweetnecta: 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Thehijj; As sSalaamualaykum wa Rahmatullah.

I will encourage you to not go beyond the bound set by Allah on His Messenger [as] and his companions [ra] and believers in Islam by holding on to Quran and learning about truly authentic hadith that can help you konw your religion. I am certain that your heart knows true hadith when you read one; it will agree with the Quran, it will seem reasonable to have come from the messenger [as] and then chain of narrations, etc, etc are then put in place.

I do believe that all that is good and avoiding worshiping anything other than Allah in the way of Muhammad [as] is part of Islam.

I am neither a shia nor a sunni or any of their smaller divisions. Allah has named my religion Islam and me a muslim. This is what i am. If i see anything good from any muslim, i will take it as long as there is no law against it and it does not go against worshiping Allah, alone.

You should not use a handful of individuals to label any nation, tribe or group. though from among the muslims we have very bad people. it is in the quilt of man to have ranges of human qualities.

The american blacks who are muslims since that seem to be what your are basing the focus in are by and large upright to the correct Islam. they do not mix culture with Islam and i pray it remains so, hoping that a caliph can rise from its rank to bring about one body of authority through Quran and Sunnah of the Messenger [as].

There i no nabi after Muhammad [as]. Anyone who accepts any needs to reexamine his/her Islam.

I pray there will come in my lifetime that Islam will be mainstream, and most muslims will be practicing according to Quran and the true Sunnah of the Messenger [as].
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by tpia5: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
Which one is whitest muslim and blackest muslim.

Anyway, why the surprise at pakistani muslims having a caste system?

In india and its environs, the caste system is the culture and the culture is the caste system. Its their way of life and i believe this is common knowledge and neither is it going to change overnight or just because they came to america.

If you're in a place where you dont feel comfortable then by all means find somewhere that espouses your own values (not terrorist ones of course).
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by tpia5: 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
Or just go with the system wherever you attend.

Once again, in a non-terroristic manner.

In general, the fact remains that Islam is as much a culture as it is a religion, so its not very realistic to expect different races and ethnicities to be the same even if they're all muslim.

People may disagree with this post but that's how it is.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by muhsin(m): 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2012
@tpia, you're making sense. I thank Allah, for even a non-Muslim with good perception and a cleared mind to judge things understand things as they are.
Indian people, I believe known to many, are the most "cultured" people. They still, steadfastly, cling to their Dark Ages cultural practice s and beliefs. And what makes India makes Pakistan, hence same thing apply to them. But pure Islam means pure Sunnah --after all what's the meaning of the word? Whatever one sees contrary to the true Islam is gotten from somewhere else, but not Sunnah.
And Allah knows best. May He guide us to the right path, amin.
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
Sweetnecta , tpia and muhsin; AMIN. smiley
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by thehijj(m): 8:34am On Jan 04, 2012
toba:

lol @ frosbel sunni

DUDE? give it up ,the joke on me embarassed, is  one week  old already, don't beat a dead horse or in you case dead zebra to death,well ok. just one more  grin laugh , so move on, there is nothing eles to see, unless you want to hope on over to the AHMEDIYYA THREAD, someone there (not me this time) made similar mistake also. shocked
Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful by Sweetnecta: 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
@Frosbel: « #43 on: December 31, 2011, 12:42 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: thehijj on December 30, 2011, 05:48 PM
wal lake kum salaam

Muhahaha Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report to moderator Logged
Jesus is LORD, there is no one else that compares to him
Sweetnecta

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful
« #44 on: December 31, 2011, 12:59 PM »
Modify message
^^^^^^^^^ They just called you a hypocrite [fraud, wolf in sheep fleece]. Thats the label that best describes you.
Report to moderator 24.90.228.209
frosbel (m)
London, UK.

Re: Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful
« #45 on: December 31, 2011, 01:06 PM »

^^^

I must be doing something right, then !!

Goodie good Sir Grin Grin Grin
[/Quote]Like Paul who saw a vision where he knew the voice was the voice of the "lord". He heard it alone in one place. In another narration, he heard it with many in his entourage. Let me stop here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lessons From Hadith 1 Of The Forty Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih / Islam: Questions Muslims Avoid / Some Acts That Make A Muslim Forbidden To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.