Stats: 3,162,477 members, 7,850,648 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:45 AM

Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! (20952 Views)

Petrol Is N196 Per Litre Despite Fuel Subsidy Removal - IPMAN / How To Secure A Car Battery While On Vacation / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by DarkJeddi(m): 6:01pm On Jan 24
Testiebobo:
Now that petrol is 650per litter, in my family we no longer use our car anyhow anyday, our car is on vacation. To pop your bubbles we made a family roster on when to use the car. See below;
\MON\ unavailable
\TUE\ AVAILABLE (bible study in church, due to its far distance)
\WED\ unavailable( hour of favour, but in a nearby church\
\THUR\ unavailable( prayer meeting in church) use keke or okada or legs for transportation
\FRI\ unavailable
\SAT\ unavailable
\SUN\ AVAILABLE(sunday service)
In this tinubulation era, our car is on vacation and holiday by force by fire. The car cannot come and be enjoying money than the entire family.
So you waste 4 days of your life a week, being brainwashed by Charlatans?

Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by femi4: 6:08pm On Jan 24
Oloki:
Are you a pastor? Why is it that only church related activities is what you use car for
No traffic on Sundays and probably the Church isn't far from house
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by chccho(m): 6:44pm On Jan 24
tetula123:
I don check. Na mistake. I was told that. So I just took it like that.
Its not so hard to know these things for yourself. Just go to YouTube and type V6 engine end of story
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by ebbo(m): 7:09pm On Jan 24
tetula123:
It’s a jungle out here. I had to go get a 2013 Corolla due to my cars high fuel consumption. Only to discover it uses V6 engine too. Spending more than 50k a week for fuel on both cars. I don park them, just had to cut my waka waka.
Modified. Those saying it’s a lie. I don’t know about cars. Someone told me it’s v6 hence its fuel consumption.

You should have bought a 2004 Corolla not a 2013 model. Na u want still dey form big boy.
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by SAMAJ: 7:31pm On Jan 24
Getrich47:

cry

Na do it yourself he go take buy engine oil.
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by lugiano1: 7:32pm On Jan 24
Nackzy:
I was suppose to change my engine oil, till now ah no get that kind money
how exactly do u know my ordeal.....I de top 1litres and it's due for servicing already

Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Sylva2147: 7:32pm On Jan 24
Kobojunkie:
There are 10s of thousands of videos by now on how to change engine oil so I no no wetin dey fear una. undecided

He's talking about the money to buy the oil, or does Google also teaches you how produce the oil too?
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by armyofone(m): 7:34pm On Jan 24
Kobojunkie:
Go on Google. You can easily learn how to do it yourself. lipsrsealed

Very easy grin
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by armyofone(m): 7:37pm On Jan 24
Testiebobo:
Now that petrol is 650per litter, in my family we no longer use our car anyhow anyday, our car is on vacation. To pop your bubbles we made a family roster on when to use the car. See below;
\MON\ unavailable
\THUR\ unavailable( prayer meeting in church) use keke or okada or legs for transportation
\FRI\ unavailable
\SAT\ unavailable
In this tinubulation era, our car is on vacation and holiday by force by fire. The car cannot come and be enjoying money than the entire family.

Why use car for only church ? ( Bible study on Tuesday and church service on Sunday)
Look for church nearby if your current one is far.
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Jan 24
Judolisco:
baba e depends on d kind engine oil wey u dey use oh... Some dey cost oh
What in the world do you mean? Engine oil is Engine oil. So long as it is made for the car you drive, who cares what else? lipsrsealed
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Jan 24
virginchaser:
■ That 2k Labour cost may cause you thousands of naira if anything goes wrong.
If you want to pay the 2k Labor cost, go for it. If you like to do things yourself, then only then, does this apply. lipsrsealed
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Jan 24
Sylva2147:
■ He's talking about the money to buy the oil, or does Google also teaches you how produce the oil too?
In that case, he should sell the car. undecided
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Jan 24
armyofone:
■ Very easy grin
Go Advance auto on a typical weekend and you go see people doing many of these things themselves. I am a do-it-yourself-er and I am glad that bug bit me when I was young. I don't understand how people wey live in Nigeria go dey form brain-upside-down ajebo for these things. grin
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by chccho(m): 8:18pm On Jan 24
Sylva2147:

He's talking about the money to buy the oil, or does Google also teaches you how produce the oil too?
I dont usually buy all the servicing materials at once.
I would usually buy oil filter first, then later 1litre of oil, and then later the 4litre oil. All this can be done within 2months.
I once changed my oil and filter myself at home and its not a biggy as long as u have the right tools, although to change oil/filter at some filling stations is btw 2500-3k so u can just save yourself the stress and let them do it instead.
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by chinnyonwu(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24
dreality:

My 2013 Corolla uses a V6 1.8 litre engine. It is not a lie
Hard to believe. I can't even find anything online that corroborates your story
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by tetula123(m): 8:26pm On Jan 24
McLizbae:
That v6 engine is not the factory fitted engine for that car (2013 Rolla). You should worry more about system breakdown in that car. It has be refurbished!

You may be a big fat liar altogether too.
lol. I was told that by someone. I no know wetin be v6. I use a Lexus 350 so the guy said they both use same v6. I can’t start arguing what I don’t know. I checked googled after some persons corrected me. So obviously the guy didn’t know what he was saying. Wahala
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Snitch24(m): 8:58pm On Jan 24
saddler:

Its still cheap at 650 naura.

That's less than 50 cent.

You're not ok sir
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by highchief1: 9:04pm On Jan 24
tuoyoojo:

Sincerely I was thinking something was wrong with my car but like what u said its like every car dey suck fuel nowadays

Though I noticed some fuel stations have better fuel than others
lol the scope is just try Dey make money.I always get motivated when I’m complaining of my one car on the road then I see a convoy,u are complaining of one car someone is fueling 8 cars.its well
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Izuchukwu70: 9:04pm On Jan 24
Testiebobo:
\MON\ unavailable
\FRI\ unavailable
\SAT\ unavailable

You must be too poor to maintain a car. Not everybody can maintain a car even in USA.
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by oyeb15: 9:34pm On Jan 24
tetula123:
It’s a jungle out here. I had to go get a 2013 Corolla due to my cars high fuel consumption. Only to discover it uses V6 engine too. Spending more than 50k a week for fuel on both cars. I don park them, just had to cut my waka waka.
Modified. Those saying it’s a lie. I don’t know about cars. Someone told me it’s v6 hence its fuel consumption.

The difference in fuel consumption btw v4 and V6 is 6+1 . Every 6 litre in 4 , u use 7 litres in V6.

Service you injector nuzzles regularly to save fuel

Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by McLizbae: 9:34pm On Jan 24
He surely don't know what he is saying bro😂😂
tetula123:

lol. I was told that by someone. I no know wetin be v6. I use a Lexus 350 so the guy said they both use same v6. I can’t start arguing what I don’t know. I checked googled after some persons corrected me. So obviously the guy didn’t know what he was saying. Wahala
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Nnadykings: 9:41pm On Jan 24
One thing I noticed about this forum is that those emilokan people are the ones complaining about their selected government, make una stop complaining na wetin we deserve
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Exceed15: 9:57pm On Jan 24
Kennyfancy:
please who did you vote for ?

They won't answer you... Una suffer never start.
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by vivalavida(m): 10:09pm On Jan 24
tetula123:
bros we no dey quarrel. Even from how I said it. You suppose know say I no sabi car matter. I was told that. So I just took it. Anyway thank you

Oga, u don't have any car.
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by yemkoguru(m): 10:48pm On Jan 24
tetula123:
anything V6 is disastrous, leave car manufacturer out of this bin Toyota Camry whatsoever!!!
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by AgbaDesigner(m): 11:40pm On Jan 24
Looks like a typical ronu plan cool

Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Naetokelly: 12:01am On Jan 25
tetula123:

You too dey lie 😂
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by lovinhubby2wife(m): 1:42am On Jan 25
maasoap:

And we should be happy, right? A country in the category of Saudi Arabia and UAE! The last time prices of petrol in different countries was published, none of the oil producing nations sells above 30 naira per litre. What a shame!
bros in UAE fuel sells for 2.6 -2.9AED which is equivalent to 600naira to 700naira. Stop spreading lies

Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by tetula123(m): 3:17am On Jan 25
vivalavida:

Oga, u don't have any car.
lol. Low life thinks life starts and end on nairaland. grin grin

So me not knowing about engines means I don’t own one. Keep playing.
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Anatolia: 4:06am On Jan 25
Collection of free money, tribalistic and religious sentiments have led Nigeria to this terrible situation. Unfortunately, we don’t learn from history or from personal experience and the vicious cycle will continue to occur. Nigerians are so adamant to positive change .
Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by Blankstare(m): 5:22am On Jan 25
blowjohn:

Shebi na google teach u how to change break pad abi?

And how to change gearbox angry grin cheesy

Lol... lwtb.. grin angry

Re: Since Petrol Is Now 650per Litter, Our Car Is On Vacation! by eldoradoxx: 5:29am On Jan 25
When Tinubu and APC were campaigning that Tinubu will replicate his achievements in Lagos throughout Nigeria, some of us wept for Nigerians. Lagos, home of millions of distressed people, where else in Nigeria that you see such large number of people looking hungry, wretched, tattered and distressed either trekking under the sun or struggling to jump into any available bus to work, market etc if not Lagos State that Tinubu built.
You people who voted Tinubu should comfortably enjoy your suffering, he is gradually turning all of you into what he turned those in Lagos.

See The Number Of Cars Imported Through Nigerian Ports Between 2012-2017 / Flying Cars Collection - Which Of These Will You Go For? / Cosmas Maduka Of Coscharis Motors: Failed In 3 Businesses, He Still Persists