Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated (1935 Views)

Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / Today Is World Atheist Day. NL Atheists How Did You Celebrate? / NL Atheists, On What Basis Do You Define Right And Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 9:24am On Jan 26
Myer:

Yes, born into a Christian home as most of us here. Why do you ask?

How did you become an atheist and what proof of your god did you come across?
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 9:35am On Jan 26
atheistconverta:
I have to say that your post reeks of blatant hypocrisy. You easily accepted the submission of the only person on the list who claimed not to be an atheist, but rejected those of everyone else in the affirmative. Even if you feel pained, at least try and pretend a bit. Don't make it too senselessly obvious that viewers would assume you're only venting out of frustration and not reason. Even the more established former atheists on the list who seemed more active and popular than you in this section, you have rubbished their atheistic past. Try and calm down a bit. Not everyone who claims to have left atheism for Christianity is fake. Some are real even if not all.

Lol, hypocrisy?
You're the who mentioned his moniker here and he quickly denied it. The others do not have any records to show they were once atheists.
And even if they were it's still pointless as you could only provide seven accounts since 2019.
Work harder.
atheistconverta:
The number of NL atheists turned Christians seemed to be rising on a regular.

And If this is what you call "rising on a regular" then you're delusional. 😂
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by Myer(m): 10:26am On Jan 26
kingxsamz:

I'm sorry but I really don't need to prove any thing any more.
All I know is that I once was blind and now I see.
And if you desire the same grace. It is available for you and everyone. If you seek God, you will find Him.
And whatever the enemy has exalted above the knowledge of Christ in your life will be brought to obedience in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by Myer(m): 10:34am On Jan 26
Jackanda1:
You didn't answer my question.
Yes. I was involved in Choir,drama,sanctuary keeping and sometime evangelism.
Amazing. Almost a similar story.
Why would you say you stopped believing?

And which question did I not answer?

2 Likes

Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 6:39pm On Jan 26
kingxsamz:

Lol, hypocrisy?
You're the who mentioned his moniker here and he quickly denied it. The others do not have any records to show they were once atheists.
And even if they were it's still pointless as you could only provide seven accounts since 2019.
Work harder.

And If this is what you call "rising on a regular" then you're delusional. 😂
Even if you're a newcomer here, why not enquire from your fellow atheists here about some of the name added here to avoid sounding ignorant. For instance, the testimony thread of michellekabod1 shows your fellow atheists here, including Seun (NL founder), denouncing the thread because they all knew her very well to be an established atheist here, but had used a different account to share the testimony. Some even accused jesusjnr, who led her to Christ, of faking the testimony, and went to her original account they were familiar with to report this to her, until she confirmed it herself to their bewilderment. If you don't also know Myer the former NL atheist also with the moniker pressplay411, it means you must surely be a novice here because all the most active and popular atheists here knows him as a former atheist. As for the one who claimed to be agnostic which you quickly hypocritically accepted, I initially removed his name from the list thinking he meant he was still atheist after his comment, but quickly restored it after he said he was speaking of then, because those of us who know better see no difference from agnosticism and atheism. We only view it as the earliest stages of Atheism, just as it is with HIV which usually results in full blown AIDS, in this case Atheism if not quickly treated. This has already been confirmed by another NL atheist turned Christian on this thread, with the moniker Jakanda1 with his reply to the comment. This is more or less the case for all Christians turned atheists. But you seem the kind of person that would denounce everything good about someone and even assume false things about the person just because of a quarrel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 6:39pm On Jan 26
Myer:

And if you desire the same grace. It is available for you and everyone. If you seek God, you will find Him.
And whatever the enemy has exalted above the knowledge of Christ in your life will be brought to obedience in Jesus name. Amen.
Amen and Amen!
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 6:45pm On Jan 26
kingxsamz:

You shouldn't be concerned about that just yet. First accept your error that he wasn't a NL atheist turned Christian, and apologize.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by Jackanda1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 26
Myer:

Amazing. Almost a similar story.
Why would you say you stopped believing?

And which question did I not answer?
I was asking were you truely born again before atheism?

I was born again in 2012. In 2013/2014 i discovered nairaland and followed comments from seun and other atheists from nairaland.

I remember when seun posted 'every atheist must be outspoken'.

It was strange to find out that there are people in this world who think different. Moreso, they questioned and analysed the bible, i couldn't resist this new knowledge. I fell hard.

I Have always lived and walked by faith. It was like been in a building for years and coming out for the first time. I now understand why JESUS said to become like a child.

I thought about my experience as a christian(falling when someone laid hands on me to recieve the holy ghost), the testimonies in church, answered prayer etc all of these i shoved to the back of my mind either as co-incidence or illusion.

I lost faith.

2 Likes

Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 9:41pm On Jan 26
Myer:

🙄
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 9:48pm On Jan 26
atheistconverta:
Even if you're a newcomer here, why not enquire from your fellow atheists here about some of the name added here to avoid sounding ignorant. For instance, the testimony thread of michellekabod1 shows your fellow atheists here, including Seun (NL founder), denouncing the thread because they all knew her very well to be an established atheist here, but had used a different account to share the testimony. Some even accused jesusjnr, who led her to Christ, of faking the testimony, and went to her original account they were familiar with to report this to her, until she confirmed it herself to their bewilderment. If you don't also know Myer the former NL atheist also with the moniker pressplay411, it means you must surely be a novice here because all the most active and popular atheists here knows him as a former atheist. As for the one who claimed to be agnostic which you quickly hypocritically accepted, I initially removed his name from the list thinking he meant he was still atheist after his comment, but quickly restored it after he said he was speaking of then, because those of us who know better see no difference from agnosticism and atheism. We only view it as the earliest stages of Atheism, just as it is with HIV which usually results in full blown AIDS, in this case Atheism if not quickly treated. This has already been confirmed by another NL atheist turned Christian on this thread, with the moniker Jakanda1 with his reply to the comment. This is more or less the case for all Christians turned atheists. But you seem the kind of person that would denounce everything good about someone and even assume false things about the person just because of a quarrel.

Some people claim to be Atheists but go to church when they encounter tragedy so as to find a solution. Those are the weak minded folks I talked about earlier. Either way, 2 conversions since 2019 is very poor. Perhaps your mission is a failed one. cheesy
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 9:51pm On Jan 26
atheistconverta:
You shouldn't be concerned about that just yet. First accept your error that he wasn't a NL atheist turned Christian, and apologize.

Nope. I don't believe any of the monikers you mentioned were atheists. Try harder, maybe you can get at least 20 people. cheesy
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by Myer(m): 8:06am On Jan 27
Jackanda1:
I was asking were you truely born again before atheism?

I was born again in 2012. In 2013/2014 i discovered nairaland and followed comments from seun and other atheists from nairaland.

I remember when seun posted 'every atheist must be outspoken'.

It was strange to find out that there are people in this world who think different. Moreso, they questioned and analysed the bible, i couldn't resist this new knowledge. I fell hard.

I Have always lived and walked by faith. It was like been in a building for years and coming out for the first time. I now understand why JESUS said to become like a child.

I thought about my experience as a christian(falling when someone laid hands on me to recieve the holy ghost), the testimonies in church, answered prayer etc all of these i shoved to the back of my mind either as co-incidence or illusion.

I lost faith.
My journey with God has been quite a roller-coaster ride. Yes I was born again but not really properly taught in the new testament.

You know the great commission is basically to preach the gospel and be baptized in the name Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19-20

I was baptized (soaked/knowledgeable) in the name of the Father snd the Son but niot properly knowledgeable about the person of the Holy Spirit. It was my exposure to pentecostals that gave me this requisite baptism/knowledge.

So while I was indeed born again, I was not not well taught. So when the attacks and life's challenges came, I was not well rooted to withstand them.

At the end of the day, it balls down to how rooted in Christ a person becomes after they experience the rebirth. And that's why a good church with sound doctrine is very important.

About Nairaland being the platform that exposed you to outspoken atheists, that's true. I didn't meet much atheists until Nairaland. And I don't know if that's a plus or minus for Seun considering his background.
But I believe it is a blessing in disguise.

Had you not experienced atheism, you would have been religious. Now having tried Jesus and also experienced apostasy which the scriptures prophesied as the great falling away, I believe you now know better.

And by the time you get back on your feet and become rooted in Christ again, you will be a better minister and counsellor to others even atheists. And if God wills, some of them will see the futility in any knowledge that exalts itself above the knowledge of God and will be saved. Former atheists actually make good ministers if/when we become as babes before Christ.

I hope this answered your questions?
Also don't forget our discussion on the baptism of water and spirit. Grace multiplied to you brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 10:43am On Jan 27
kingxsamz:

Some people claim to be Atheists but go to church when they encounter tragedy so as to find a solution. Those are the weak minded folks I talked about earlier. Either way, 2 conversions since 2019 is very poor. Perhaps your mission is a failed one. cheesy

That will make most so-called atheists, including you, fake then, because about 99.9% of them need only near-death or life-threatening situation to come to their senses and start denouncing atheism as these ones in the screenshot. So you're no different.

Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 10:57am On Jan 27
kingxsamz:

Nope. I don't believe any of the monikers you mentioned were atheists. Try harder, maybe you can get at least 20 people. cheesy
Yeah... Including your moniker though. We won't be needing more "fake" atheists as your moniker on the list too.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by Jackanda1(m): 12:35pm On Jan 27
kingxsamz:

I could show you a link to my deactivated account where i blasphemed God, jesus and the spoke against the bible.

When the Bible says the devil came to steal, kill and destroy, Its all true.The Bible might sound like a fairy tale with so called contradictions, but its the truth.

Most of us just exist on earth as if the spirit realm isn't real. I have seen many things in my journey of life(spiritual things) that i don't like to share with random people.

There are powers out there that would do anything to ensure that you harden your heart and donot come to christ or If you're already in christ, they use every means to pull you away. I don't know their motivation nor reward, but they put in so much effort.

Brother, the Bible seems disorganised and foolish, because GOD wants you to come to him by faith and humility, not by intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 1:15pm On Jan 27
atheistconverta:
That will make most so-called atheists, including you, fake then, because about 99.9% of them need only near-death or life-threatening situation to come to their senses and start denouncing atheism as these ones in the screenshot. So you're no different.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
Your religion is fast losing relevance. These days I don't even need to criticise Christianity as Christians are mostly the ones who do that these days.😂 Ten years from now, you'll add 7 more names of so called atheists turned Christians to your list and gloat about it, while thousands have already left the religion. Well, like I said, try harder. 2 names in 5 years is already a failed mission.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 1:18pm On Jan 27
Jackanda1:
I could show you a link to my deactivated account where i blasphemed God, jesus and the spoke against the bible.

When the Bible says the devil came to steal, kill and destroy, Its all true.The Bible might sound like a fairy tale with so called contradictions, but its the truth.

Most of us just exist on earth as if the spirit realm isn't real. I have seen many things in my journey of life(spiritual things) that i don't like to share with random people.

There are powers out there that would do anything to ensure that you harden your heart and donot come to christ or If you're already in christ, they use every means to pull you away. I don't know their motivation nor reward, but they put in so much effort.

Brother, the Bible seems disorganised and foolish, because GOD wants you to come to him by faith and humility, not by intelligence.
Yeah, I know. Your so called god wants gullible people who wouldn't make use of their brain.
Sadly, I'm not one of them. 👍🏾
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 1:21pm On Jan 27
List Update: #10 Purem

Testimony link:

I REPENTED OF MY SINS. I WANT TO BE BORN AGAIN: https://www.nairaland.com/4801104/repented-sins-want-born-again#72284291
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 1:34pm On Jan 27
kingxsamz:

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
Your religion is fast losing relevance. These days I don't even need to criticise Christianity as Christians are mostly the ones who do that these days.😂 Ten years from now, you'll add 7 more names of so called atheists turned Christians to your list and gloat about it, while thousands have already left the religion. Well, like I said, try harder. 2 names in 5 years is already a failed mission.
It's not me but the lies you chose to believe. Everyone atheist like yourself cannot become false just because they chose Jesus. If that's the case then you're also false. You cannot be false only if/when you chose Jesus.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 1:39pm On Jan 27
atheistconverta:
It's not me but the lies you chose to believe. Everyone atheist like yourself cannot become false just because they chose Jesus. If that's the case then you're also false. You cannot be false only if/when you chose Jesus.

Atheists, like the 2 names you mentioned? 😂😂
Go and restrategize mr man, your mission to end Atheism on Nairaland or anywhere else is DOA.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 6:34pm On Jan 27
kingxsamz:

Atheists, like the 2 names you mentioned? 😂😂
Go and restrategize mr man, your mission to end Atheism on Nairaland or anywhere else is DOA.
Despite the excesses of the so-called jesusjnr, it appears he may be right after all, as after Michellekabod1's conversion, the only popular and active Christian on this section that became atheist is Myer aka Pressplay411, who has since come to his right senses and back to Christianity, so that means atheism has no single such convert since then, which is a complete departure from the norm prior to that when several popular NL Christians were turning atheists. So NL atheism seems to be on life-support now even though not totally dead. Perhaps that's why ya'll feel really tormented by jesusjnr, despite your claim that he is not engaging with atheist out of embarrassment, ya'll still had to open a full thread about him recently to gloat about what happened over 4 years ago. The same shameless you and your fellas that saw nothing wrong with that gloating of atheists on that thread, are now here to cry over this thread you claimed was made by jesusjnr. You guys have proven beyond any doubt that jesusjnr still gives you night and daymares regardless of your pretense and hypocrisy.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 6:41pm On Jan 27
Jackanda1:

Thanks for your efforts however please don't bother wasting the link to your deactivated account on this guy. He just came here to rubbish everything about this thread so it won't make any difference to him. He doesn't care whether you used to be popular or active former atheist here or not despite using that basis to cast aspersions on your testimony.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 7:10pm On Jan 27
atheistconverta:
Despite the excesses of the so-called jesusjnr, it appears he may be right after all, as after Michellekabod1's conversion, the only popular and active Christian on this section that became atheist is Myer aka Pressplay411, who has since come to his right senses and back to Christianity, so that means atheism has no single such convert since then, which is a complete departure from the norm prior to that when several popular NL Christians were turning atheists. So NL atheism seems to be on life-support now even though not totally dead. Perhaps that's why ya'll feel really tormented by jesusjnr, despite your claim that he is not engaging with atheist out of embarrassment, ya'll still had to open a full thread about him recently to gloat about what happened over 4 years ago. The same shameless you and your fellas that saw nothing wrong with that gloating of atheists on that thread, are now here to cry over this thread you claimed was made by jesusjnr. You guys have proven beyond any doubt that jesusjnr still gives you night and daymares regardless of your pretense and hypocrisy.

Lol, you wish. Whenever I see the name jesusjnr, I just chuckle because it reminds me of the day he embarrassed himself trying to perform a miracle.
The shame and disappointment he must have felt. It's just funny.
It's the same way I chuckle at the thought of your pastors attempting to heal an amputee. I know I'd never get to see such because your pastors know they don't have such power.😂
So whenever I gloat about it, it's because it's just too funny not to reminisce about.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 9:45am On Jan 28
kingxsamz:

Lol, you wish. Whenever I see the name jesusjnr, I just chuckle because it reminds me of the day he embarrassed himself trying to perform a miracle.
The shame and disappointment he must have felt. It's just funny.
It's the same way I chuckle at the thought of your pastors attempting to heal an amputee. I know I'd never get to see such because your pastors know they don't have such power.😂
So whenever I gloat about it, it's because it's just too funny not to reminisce about.
No one is stopping you from gloating about whatever embarrassment happened to jesusjnr many years back, as your fellow atheists who specially created a thread for this purpose, but for you to still come to this thread afterwards and be mentioning jesusjnr, jesusjnr as someone who's being tormented in the dream by him, doesn't make sense to me if it does to you. If I didn't know jesusjnr prior to this, I would think he's someone that causes you much apprehension.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 10:15am On Jan 28
atheistconverta:
No one is stopping you from gloating about whatever embarrassment happened to jesusjnr many years back, as your fellow atheists who specially created a thread for this purpose, but for you to still come to this thread afterwards and be mentioning jesusjnr, jesusjnr as someone who's being tormented in the dream by him, doesn't make sense to me if it does to you. If I didn't know jesusjnr prior to this, I would think he's someone that causes you much apprehension.

You claim not to be Jesusjnr but you've been crying over the fact that I mocked him. Does it hurt you so bad? 😂😂 Oya, sorry.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by LordReed(m): 10:34am On Jan 28
Myer:

Truly, "What God cannot do does not exist."
Thanks for the mention sir.
And the Grace that saved us is available towards all.
I don turn Evangelist/Missionary now sef. cheesy
Let's continue to pray/intercede for one another and for lost souls and I believe God will have mercy and show His goodness to as many He has predestined for His glory in Jesus name.

Can you explain how you were an atheist? Because what was posted here didn't indicate that you no longer believed in a god.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by LordReed(m): 10:36am On Jan 28
Jackanda1:

Post the link.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by atheistconverta: 11:03am On Jan 28
kingxsamz:

You claim not to be Jesusjnr but you've been crying over the fact that I mocked him. Does it hurt you so bad? 😂😂 Oya, sorry.
I never claimed to be jesusjnr or not, because that's beside the point. The fact that you came here and hastily denounced every former atheist on the list as fake, because of whatever grouse you had with a certain jesusjnr, suggest that the guy really gets to you whoever he is. He shouldn't make you reason so rashly if that isn't the case.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by Jackanda1(m): 11:50am On Jan 28
LordReed:

Post the link.
What would you do with it?
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by LordReed(m): 11:52am On Jan 28
Jackanda1:
What would you do with it?

What we normally do, read the content.
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by SlawG: 1:54pm On Jan 28
kingxsamz:

Yeah, I know. Your so called god wants gullible people who wouldn't make use of their brain.
Sadly, I'm not one of them. 👍🏾
😂 😂 😂
Re: List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated by kingxsamz(m): 8:06pm On Jan 28
atheistconverta:
I never claimed to be jesusjnr or not, because that's beside the point. The fact that you came here and hastily denounced every former atheist on the list as fake, because of whatever grouse you had with a certain jesusjnr, suggest that the guy really gets to you whoever he is. He shouldn't make you reason so rashly if that isn't the case.

Again, you keep talking about this guy. More reason I believe you're him. I challenge you to never mention that name again when quoting me. 😂
You probably can't because you're hurt that I brought up the stunt you tried to pull some years back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Chris:the Word Makes You Wise / Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! / Why Is It That People Are Afraid To Marry Church Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.