Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ (32441 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Secretary Blinken In Lagos / Peter Obi Reacts To Anthony Blinken's Call To Tinubu / I Am In Disbelief Blinken Called Tinubu After A Fraudulent Election - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Mccullum: 8:34pm On Jan 24
Kobicove:
It will be seen as an American Corner but underneath it's probably a liaison office for American spies in the West African subregion grin

They learned that strategy from China grin cool
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by ReluctantAdult(m): 8:39pm On Jan 24
Kenochi:
There is a popular saying that if you want to hide anything from a Blackman,hide it in a book
For some of us who have at one time or the other used an American Corner,we are most grateful
I remember sometimes in 2014 and 2015,I was a regular visitor at the American Corner in Enugu state precisely around Edinburgh Road
That place contributed greatly to who I am today, no capping my people,you read books on practically every topic under the earth
The Environment was top notch,the staff were probably the most friendliest I have ever met

That place became my solace from everything around me,it was a place for me to be reborn literally
I can go on and on, but I must sincerely thank the American government,they understand that until you change the way a man thinks you are just probably wasting a generation
I will definately take time to visit the one in Lekki when I am chanced

True bro.

I appreciate the continuous effort the United States is making towards human resource development in Nigeria. Like you, I've been a beneficiary of the resources and environment provided at the American corner in my city.

Conducive environs, electricity, free internet, books, magazines and to top it all, monthly programmes on skills and knowledge acquisition.

I know a few persons who got fully-funded scholarships to study in the US after receiving good coaching through the American corner's EducationUSA program, and also other beneficiaries of the Mandela Washington fellowship program.

I wish more young people would take advantage of, and utilise these spaces and resources to build capacity and skills.

3 Likes

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Egoveen: 8:55pm On Jan 24
They have come again to exploit us but in full veil of coming to commission one nonsense american corner,no be only american corner na american free kick😡😡😡😡
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Egoveen: 9:00pm On Jan 24
Marvieduke:
Their information center from US in Lagos, Nigeria..... Lobatan
Lobatan like Lobatan😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by marlow1962(m): 9:05pm On Jan 24
Ugen:
Please the us should support us fight Bandits and others. The country needs their tech gadgets. Not just weapons
They're are not responsible for your country backwardness, and did any country help them to fight their own bandits?. Banditry is big business in Nigeria/Africa, know this and your won't be deceived again.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Maliqcious: 9:17pm On Jan 24
SultanOfAbia:
An Eagle does not fly down unless he has seen meat.

Eagle no wan help us fight insecurity
If Eagle really like us him for help us dey wipe these terrorists wotowoto.

I sincerely hope the Eagle has not landed just for selfish reasons.

An Eagle doesn't fly down unless he has seen meat that will benefit him..

Nigeria get minerals uraniumm zinc
Chinese don dey romance our minerals for long but be like say Eagle wan follow chop too.

So I ask again
What brings the almighty eagle to the land flowing with uranium and insecurity.
make them waste soldiers for nothing
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by PortHarcourtcit(m): 9:24pm On Jan 24
Marvieduke:
Their information center from US in Lagos, Nigeria..... Lobatan
they police the world and I don't see anything wrong when they have information center here in Nigeria...
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Shizzi23(m): 9:53pm On Jan 24
Paraman:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/blinken-unveils-lekkis-american-corner/%3famp#cobssid=s

American culture ke, before you know Nigeria will legalize Gay.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Marvieduke(f): 9:53pm On Jan 24
PortHarcourtcit:
they police the world and I don't see anything wrong when they have information center here in Nigeria...

Did I say there was something wrong, I only stated the fact, and you confirmed it..... Na common sense naaa....
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Marvieduke(f): 9:55pm On Jan 24
Egoveen:
Lobatan like Lobatan😂😂😂

Otitan naa nu.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by hafeeanubasy: 9:58pm On Jan 24
lexy2014:

What is the vision that Tinubu has that no other human being has otr has ever had?

What are these Tinubu legacies?

1 Like

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Kenochi(m): 10:00pm On Jan 24
God bless my brother,sometimes it is very important to put out this type of useful information so that people who are willing to take a leap can know that there are others who have benefitted from using an American Corner in their city,it will also help if you can give the location of the American Corner in your cuty

True bro.

I appreciate the continuous effort the United States is making towards human resource development in Nigeria. Like you, I've been a beneficiary of the resources and environment provided at the American corner in my city.

Conducive environs, electricity, free internet, books, magazines and to top it all, monthly programmes on skills and knowledge acquisition.

I know a few persons who got fully-funded scholarships to study in the US after receiving good coaching through the American corner's EducationUSA program, and also other beneficiaries of the Mandela Washington fellowship program.

I wish more young people would take advantage of, and utilise these spaces and resources to build capacity and skills.

[/quote]
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Thugnificent(m): 10:00pm On Jan 24
Emu4life:

You think they care about our Country?? The US does not go to where it does not GET ANYTHING.
Lol true expression of Greek gift
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by hafeeanubasy: 10:02pm On Jan 24
Princedapace:

Oga, to fix all these, let Nigeria stop running unitary system of govt. For instance, u want to move national assets like CBN which is funded with all tax payers money to Lagos which would add up revenue generated by Lagos state. Then tomorrow, u want non Yorubas out of Lagos and u want them not to vote any candidate of their choice? Can u all sit down and talk senses to una heads?
The best thing is try as much as possible to decentralize Nigeria so that every region will be free from lagos, so that the general tax of Nigerians wont be going to lagos again rather the tax of yoruabs can be in lagos. This way, no body go follow u drag lagos. And as long as Nigeria runs a centralized system, people will always call BAT name or whoever is in power.
Even America that does not run a unitry system of govt, her citizens are constantly abusing their president even though their president has sense more than all Nigerian leaders.

And what stopped GEJ,OKONJO IWEALA,IKE EKWEREMADU,EMEKA IHEDIOHA,STELLA ODUAH AND ANYIM PIUS ANYIM from achieving this one for you in 2010 to 2015.

Or you just choose to continue your usual VICTIM MENTALITY.

Your mumuism didn't let you realize that it was GEJ and LAMIDO SANUSI that built the new CBN headquarters annex in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by hafeeanubasy: 10:07pm On Jan 24
THeUNIFIER:

Shun mediocrity my bro. Lagos would be a 100 times greater than it is presently if it were properly managed. You don't see it because you're eulogizing the very same man who's leeching on its resources
What about your own life?

Exactly,we can see how great Anambra became after it was properly managed by one mumu like that?

If him leeching on lagos post 1999 made the state better than its pre 1999,LET THE LEECHING CONTINUE.

You can continue enjoying your own UNLEECHED ANAMBRA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by hafeeanubasy: 10:08pm On Jan 24
THeUNIFIER:

Remember the FBI has BAT's records and I fear our president may be a puppet.

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Alexlalax1(m): 10:11pm On Jan 24
Biola67:

You go soon enter market as you Dey go
For your mind, you dey make sense abi?
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by THeUNIFIER: 10:20pm On Jan 24
hafeeanubasy:

What about your own life?

Exactly,we can see how great Anambra became after it was properly managed by one mumu like that?

If him leeching on lagos post 1999 made the state better than its pre 1999,LET THE LEECHING CONTINUE.

You can continue enjoying your own UNLEECHED ANAMBRA

Lol. Do not be delusional my friend. I'm not in league with those who serenade PO as a saint. He's a thief like the rest of them but imo he's more viable than BAT. On the premise of government he performed better than BAT given the scarce resources he had to work with but I don't expect you to believe me since you're incapable of doing this simple research but will instead resort to spewing out the lies you've been sold that pre BAT government, Lagos was a desert.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by THeUNIFIER: 10:22pm On Jan 24
[quote author=hafeeanubasy post=128110616][/quote]

Lol. I can't banter with a dolt incapable of self reasoning. This is by no means an insult just hard facts considering the FBI themselves admitted to having said records and at one point wanted to reveal them.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Biola67: 10:48pm On Jan 24
Alexlalax1:
For your mind, you dey make sense abi?
Na Wetin you suppose ask yourself be that
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Okoroawusa: 10:56pm On Jan 24
If na "one corner" we get am already
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by safariman(m): 10:59pm On Jan 24
This is a welcome development for information and knowledge. I learned about America in the old days (no internet then) by going to the USIS near Cocoa House in Ibadan
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Needrealunity: 11:05pm On Jan 24
Tinubu said soon Nigerian will enjoy hard decision bat and dangote and should really sell in naira not dollar so naira and get more stronger and bat make sure he stand in unity and follow humanitarian.
#godblessnigeria
#nototradewar
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by PHAYOL81: 11:15pm On Jan 24
This LAGOS again!
A GREATER LAGOS IS RISING INDEED

GOD BLESS LAGOS STATE
WE RISE!

1 Like

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by ConfidentialDoc: 12:32am On Jan 25
MrProlific95:
Truth is we will never know what the REAL reason of Blinken visit to Africa is.

LGBTQIA is one of them
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Konquest: 12:33am On Jan 25
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Topman7: 1:21am On Jan 25
Kobicove:
It will be seen as an American Corner but underneath it's probably a liaison office for American spies in the West African subregion grin

I am very glad that many of you are now having sense.

Very well said.

Trust them at your peril.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Topman7: 1:29am On Jan 25
marlow1962:

They're are not responsible for your country backwardness, and did any country help them to fight their own bandits?. Banditry is big business in Nigeria/Africa, know this and your won't be deceived again.

SHUT UP YOUR DIRTY MOUTH.

What do you know about what they have done or haven't done in Nigeria?

Slave with no brain.

Are you aware their CIA was fingered in the assassination of General Murtala Ramat Muhammmed?

A leader acknowledged as Nigeria's most honest, progressive, and incorruptible leader?

A man that would have single-handedly led Nigeria to development and industrialisation?

Are you aware of the US role in the assassination/deposition of several progressive post-independence African leaders, from Patrice Lumumba to Kwame Nkrumah to Thomas Sankara and Muammar Ghadaffi among others?

Ignorant slave.

Don't use your brain and know who your real friends and enemies are in the world.

After all your brain is just there for decoration while you play happy smiley slave to whitey.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by Theunbothered: 2:19am On Jan 25
anonymous1759:
BAT is better than most of our governors in terms of vision though all of them have some fair share of kwaraption ,

but some people will never admit theirs. Like I always say this present Yoruba generation won’t acknowledge BAT but the next ones will Eulogies him when his legacies starts to pay off

But we can’t say much about our respective governors , instead of calling them out we will rather rubbish BATs legacies and say Lagos is a no man’s land . Let’s keep on giving our respective governors the impetus to do rubbish why we criticize only Lagos Governors who are still better in all ramifications.

Use the vision to buy fish in the market

1 Like

Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by HighTable(m): 5:32am On Jan 25
cheesy
See critical thinking 👍

MrProlific95:
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by zoedew: 6:39am On Jan 25
MrProlific95:
Really🧐. Ask Uncle Fortunatus. The ineffectual buffoon.
Re: Blinken Unveils Lekki’s ‘american Corner’ by dappydozzy(m): 6:53am On Jan 25
[quote author=joshjc post=128107349]The US is making moves to counter Russia influence in West Africa, and Nigeria will play a huge role, hopely this will bring a positive impact to us like it Did to South Korea [/quote

You cant compare South Korea with Nigeria, US and South Korea are both regional allies, both economic and militarily, for Nigeria, it is not the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prepare Your Will If You Are Coming To Rig Election In Rivers State – Wike Warns / Edo Election: Obaseki And Wife Cast Their Votes / Natasha Akpoti Gifts Her Late Father's Friend A Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.