Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,282 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike (10071 Views)

'President Tinubu Has Given Us Money. So Expect MULTIPLE Projects In FCT' - Wike / Lagos To Impound Unpainted Intra-State Commercial Vehicles / Rivers State Government Will No Longer Operate Amnesty Programme - Wike (2) (3) (4)

Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by AntiWailer: 7:44am On Jan 25
Iykopee:

I dey discuss about thief'nubu, you carry my dad enter the matter. Ok make I drag your own dad into it. grin

You no fit compare my dad with yours. No be beans talk. But make no mistakes about this, my dad still dey alive and sound health wise. As for your papa, that one get the IQ of an electrocuted pangolin πŸ˜‹

Oponu

So without knowing me , you know u can compare my dad and urs.

Kindergarten
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Sorrynovex: 7:44am On Jan 25
Midex88:

Don't you know that Uber and bolt have the drivers profile and information registered on their app. And drivers are been monitored through same app.

And the company will see the driver with AK47 through the same almighty app or hear record of a kidnapping attempt ne ?

#sorrynovex
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Omenlon: 7:45am On Jan 25
PrinceofSarcasm:

I agree with you. Seems he took Rivers people with him there hoping they will govern Abuja Rivers style. It won't work. He needs to respect his hosts and learn their ways you can't go there and change them or bully them the way he bullies his people
are Abuja residents human or animals. I'm not surprised you are those who believed Abuja residents have two heads and you must win Abuja to become the president of Nigeria. You people talk without putting on your thinking cap.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by erniok(m): 7:45am On Jan 25
Midex88:

Is danfo registered as a government transport scheme. Oga Mumu use your brain and think before you talk.
You are the idiot. You forgot to read that about abuja color.
He said: β€œVery soon, we are going to roll out our buses, which will be painted in Abuja colour. In that case, we will not allow taxis that are not painted in Abuja colour to operate here, so that those β€œone chance” will no longer be there,” he said.

This is what was reported he said implying that one chance is caused by unpainted vehicles used as taxi. Ode, next time read well before having a stupid opinion.

Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by bjcole(m): 7:45am On Jan 25
Wike is so humbled. You better face the Abuja work and allow Rivers state to breathe
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Proffdada: 7:46am On Jan 25
DWJOBScom:
Supported, but will that stop people from entering unmarked cars? People ignore the parks and stand on the road , they reject even clearly coloured taxis and desire the posh unknown vehicles.
This also affects honest personal car owners who want to carry one or two passengers to augment the cost of petrol.
Well, it hard sha , na one issue dey spoil business for another person
na anywhere belle face logic. they don't think of the consequences until after damages done
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by spiSeyi: 7:46am On Jan 25
State policing or empowerment of local vigilantes with modern firearms in each street with CCTV cameras installed at every junction.
Finally, ABJ dwellers should be implanted with a GPRS-enabled chip.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Judolisco(m): 7:46am On Jan 25
kokoA:
Abuja doesn't have a proper transportation plan, I think the builders of the city expect every resident to own a car, so it will be difficult to do what Wike intends to do which I think is a good idea. I expect the government to get a record of all the routes possible and provide the right vehicles (either bus or taxis or coasters) for such routes, the private operators also can group themselves and form companies that can be held responsible for any wrong doing.
na almost everybody dey run transport for Abuja oh... Even with jeeps and SUVS... If I'm working in utako now and I'm going home to Bwari it will be unwise not to carry passanger and make quick 2500, same with if I'm going to work in d morning... So dat quick 5k per day.... One chance people wan spoil market for people including uber drivers
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Deepsky(m): 7:46am On Jan 25
Nonsensical
... Abuja colored taxi that are restricted from some estates, office buildings.
Don't worry when you will be bounced out of some places in Abuja then your eye go clear.
The government forces ppl to paint their cabs Abuja color then some government/private facilities will deny the same painted colors access.

Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Walkat9t: 7:47am On Jan 25
Well its a good one...
But in addition to that....
Equip the police and other security outfits with vehicles and latest security gadgets. ....
Let there be ariel drone for 24 hours surveillance...
I believe issues of kidnapping and security challenges will be averted in key areas in Abuja and other states
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by ariesbull: 7:51am On Jan 25
Bovis:

Uber/Bolt/Taxify are relatively safe and secure because they are booked through their Apps
but unpainted
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Khyrvxjzy: 7:55am On Jan 25
AntiWailer:

U no dey taya ?

Sore loser.

Even if he die today , he will die as Commander In Chief of Armed Forces and would be given a national burial.

We can’t say the same about your Dad

bros it better you know some are paid to act like that

just leave them
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by FireUpNow(m): 7:55am On Jan 25
As of that will stop kidnapping. They introduced sim registration, BVN, NIN all in name of fighting insecurity, kidnapping and what have you yet no solution and this Wike is going back to old policies. Funny leaders bereft of ideas
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Deogratiasfx: 7:56am On Jan 25
munavi:
As long as it will help improve security, then please do it.

You think it will help in fighting insecurity ? Watch and see how these evil people will start painting their own also. What does it take to paint?
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by ayokellany: 8:29am On Jan 25
Do your Igbo tribesmen watch time to insult Tinubu ?!

Akwamkpuruamu:

By this time of the day that's brand new you are obsessed with those who don't know about your existence
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by SmartyPants(m): 8:32am On Jan 25
erniok:

Exactly my thought. When this is implemented, watch how police will clamp them down.

Has nothing to do with them. This is about taxis that load from parks and pick passengers along the road they are simply saying taxis will be painted and identified by the parks they operate from. So if you as an individual decide to enter unmarked cars you do so at your own risk.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Iykopee(m): 8:41am On Jan 25
AntiWailer:

Oponu

So without knowing me , you know u can compare my dad and urs.

Kindergarten

Like you compared my dad with thief'nubu without knowing me. You see how senseless and dense you were sounding. Homeless waterside puppy.

Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by funshint(m): 8:51am On Jan 25
PrinceofSarcasm:

I agree with you. Seems he took Rivers people with him there hoping they will govern Abuja Rivers style. It won't work. He needs to respect his hosts and learn their ways you can't go there and change them or bully them the way he bullies his people
You're an illiterate....if you understand those who're the real indigenes of Abuja and FCT as a whole; you won't spill this rubbish!
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Twoclans(f): 9:00am On Jan 25
AbujaLagos:
how

He can't bully Abuja residents the way he bullied and still bullies rivers state people.It won't work.

Anyway let's see how he hopes to implement this colour thing,Abuja that has over 60% of the means of transportation done by private vehicles.

Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by nedekid: 9:05am On Jan 25
Akwamkpuruamu:

By this time of the day that's brand new you are obsessed with those who don't know about your existence
It seems as if the charlatan has been banned.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Iamanoited: 9:14am On Jan 25
GOOD MINISTER(GOVERNOR) OF FCT. GOD BLESS U. GIVE OMOKRI AN ASSIGNMENT TO WORK WITH YOU.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by kokoA(m): 9:16am On Jan 25
Judolisco:
na almost everybody dey run transport for Abuja oh... Even with jeeps and SUVS... If I'm working in utako now and I'm going home to Bwari it will be unwise not to carry passanger and make quick 2500, same with if I'm going to work in d morning... So dat quick 5k per day.... One chance people wan spoil market for people including uber drivers
You are very correct.

Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Kilometres: 9:20am On Jan 25
FCT should provide more buses at major routes
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by HarunaWest(m): 9:48am On Jan 25
Proffdada:
did he consider people's opinions before such decision or the decisions he's made in the past that ended a lot of lives and properties? call a spade a spade
So you feel a government just takes decisions without getting feedbacks? Like I said earlier, proffer a solution.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by erniok(m): 9:55am On Jan 25
SmartyPants:

Has nothing to do with them. This is about taxis that load from parks and pick passengers along the road they are simply saying taxis will be painted and identified by the parks they operate from. So if you as an individual decide to enter unmarked cars you do so at your own risk.
Hope you know firstly, Uber and co are taxis and secondly, Nigerian police can be funny. Case study was when the banned commercial motorcycles in Lagos, they started arresting even power bikes on the ground that they were bikes. It had to take the government specifically stating the bikes meant before they stopped.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by SmartyPants(m): 10:08am On Jan 25
erniok:

Hope you know firstly, Uber and co are taxis and secondly, Nigerian police can be funny. Case study was when the banned commercial motorcycles in Lagos, they started arresting even power bikes on the ground that they were bikes. It had to take the government specifically stating the bikes meant before they stopped.

Uber and co are not taxi services. In fact, their business model is designed to take them away from the purview of taxi service regulators and that is a key pillar of their USP and operational strategies. In essence, ride-hailing apps operate as an industry-level competitor to taxi services.

That aside, even if you call them taxis, it is obvious that since ride-hailing services pick you from your location in private vehicles, no police officer can legally challenge them. How do you even start to identify who is a bolt driver and who is a regular private driver? A private driver can pick whoever he or she wants. What you won't be allowed to do is load from the parks or terminals.

This is substantially different from the police's failure to distinguish between motorcycles and power bikes, which as you've mentioned was corrected by the relevant authorities anyway.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by erniok(m): 10:21am On Jan 25
SmartyPants:

Uber and co are not taxi services. In fact, their business model is designed to take them away from the purview of taxi service regulators and that is a key pillar of their USP and operational strategies. In essence, ride-hailing apps operate as an industry-level competitor to taxi services.

That aside, even if you call them taxis, it is obvious that since ride-hailing services pick you from your location in private vehicles, no police officer can legally challenge them. How do you even start to identify who is a bolt driver and who is a regular private driver? A private driver can pick whoever he or she wants. What you won't be allowed to do is load from the parks or terminals.

This is substantially different from the police's failure to distinguish between motorcycles and power bikes, which as you've mentioned was corrected by the relevant authorities anyway.
I agree on this since the operational process is different from normal pick and drop taxis.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by AntiWailer: 10:39am On Jan 25
Iykopee:

Like you compared my dad with thief'nubu without knowing me. You see how senseless and dense you were sounding. Homeless waterside puppy.

lol Is your Daddy President. ?

Olodo.

Better get a life and dont waste it wasting person wey no know u exist.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Iykopee(m): 11:03am On Jan 25
AntiWailer:

lol Is your Daddy President. ?

Olodo.

Better get a life and dont waste it wasting person wey no know u exist.

My dad is not the president yet you brought him into the matter. I knew from the onset that you were outrightly senseless beyond your own perception and little wonder you had to expose your oafishness in the guise of commenting on nairaland.

Damned nittwit.🀑
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by AntiWailer: 11:28am On Jan 25
Iykopee:

My dad is not the president yet you brought him into the matter. I knew from the onset that you were outrightly senseless beyond your own perception and little wonder you had to expose your oafishness in the guise of commenting on nairaland.

Damned nittwit.🀑

Your low IQ is very evident.

Engaging u is a waste of time.
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Iykopee(m): 11:31am On Jan 25
AntiWailer:

Your low IQ is very evident.

Engaging u is a waste of time.

Talking about IQ, a retardΓ©d mongrel like you should be speechless.πŸ€—πŸ€—
Re: Unpainted And Unregistered Taxicabs Will No Longer Operate In FCT – Wike by Buke26: 12:57pm On Jan 25
The fact that one chance is mostly done using Abuja painted taxi cabs cool cool.. Abuja residents and those who have experienced this evil are fully aware that it was the unsusecious painted taxi that they boarded.

The major solution is to install CCTVs on major pick up and drop off areas and also have CCTVs monitoring the roads to identify vehicles picking up or gettting rid of victims

Port Harcourt Refinery Undergoing Test-Run, Production To Begin Soon - Lokpobiri / Pat Utomi On Utomi And Volkswagen Of Nigeria / Human Right In Nigeria: The Buhari/idiagbon And Abacha Situations Compared

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54