Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage (11501 Views)

New Minimum Wage: Reps Reject N27,000 Approved For Nigerian Workers / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by mariahAngel(f): 10:34pm On Jan 25
Yet, they were quick to remove fuel subsidy before they even sat on the presidential seat. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by Xosh: 10:45pm On Jan 25
Sorry,what country is this?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by BABANGBALI: 10:48pm On Jan 25
O ti lo. E don go

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by BABANGBALI: 10:48pm On Jan 25
mariahAngel:
They were quick to remove subsidy before they even sat on the presidential seat. undecided
no mind them. Abeg let's go inside and sleep jare
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by blowjohn(m): 10:49pm On Jan 25
Nigerians express anger.

What were the expressions like?

I know!

Tik tok expressions!

Una never ready.
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by bluefilm: 10:50pm On Jan 25
Those of us, the selected and lucky ones, who are still standing on his manhood mandate, are so happy with the way things are going.

We can never be angry like all those nonsense people that call themselves obidiots_ !
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by Patriottt: 10:53pm On Jan 25
This is the most reasonable comment I've seen you post so far
post=128127085:

Very Good Development.
Slow and steady we will get to the nation of our dreams.
A land flowing with Milk and honey.
This is a very good one from the president.

Addendum.....
How to move our Darling country forward, minimu wage-wise....

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N60,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce number of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS e.g; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders.
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics.
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT.
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wageof N90,000 comfortably.......
(3, 4 and 5 To be completed on another thread)

God bless Nigeria
We will get there.......

THANKS for your kind words.
But , FYI,
We are not a party people @MANNA.
We are not a member of APC, (we swear on God's name.)
We vote for good people, no matter the political party they are in.

And yes,
God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 and God bless you too ❤️
A better Nigeria all around is all we want @MANNA.

We Rise ✔️

[b][/b]
Amen 🙏.
God bless you too sir.
Nigeria will work for those of us that believe in her.
Stay blessed sire.
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by mastermaestro(m): 10:53pm On Jan 25
Obakoolex:
undecided Labour in Nigeria is a toothless bulldog

If you want to wake up the lion in them, give their leader the legendary Imo delicacy. grin
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by ceejay80s(m): 10:54pm On Jan 25
Tinubu touring the whole world with Ur taxes and una dey here dey complain, instead of scattering the whole country....I remember back in late 80s early 90s when millitary rule, any slightest provocation, riots starts in Lagos, but those things are no more, to be honest, civilian rule ain't good for nigerians

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by muller101(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25
The politicians are busy looting you people are busy protesting for minimum wage. These workers are so selfish. Protest over killings of farmers, protest over inflation of essential commodities. Prices will drop. Your salary can then afford those things.

But no. They are protesting for salary increment. And you expect the business man or market woman out there not to double the prices of their commodities whenever your salaries are being reviewed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by Princeton92(m): 10:57pm On Jan 25
I no sure sha

Cause e no dey show
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by Newsfeed247: 11:08pm On Jan 25
Davido Throw Massive Welcome Back Party for Chioma as She return from US with their twins

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCU44ItDek
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by TrackerSK: 11:12pm On Jan 25
Obakoolex:
undecided Labour in Nigeria is a toothless bulldog
If labor start now, you guys will still use your tribalism mentality to rubbish their efforts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by gfelo(m): 11:22pm On Jan 25
Nigerians are so weak, as we cant take action nothing will change this people

Richtaiwo:
Nawao. 160m suv for lawmakers, within 2 weeks, every lawmaker already cruising his suv. But 35k wage award for workers, after 4 months, no hope
In sight. This reminds me of the Animal Farm by George Orwell

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by edogu(m): 11:22pm On Jan 25
Traplord09:

Still they pray 🙏.
Just da pary for bad politicals and others.
Is aright..

My brother we are left with no other option than to be hopeful. Tinubu is now the president. Even if we cry now till thy kingdom come, nothing can change that fact. We just have to pray and hope that they start turning things around for good.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by justking(m): 12:05am On Jan 26
How to earn N45K weekly in Nigeria easily and effortlessly.
(Check my signature or profile for link)

In this video, I will show you an online business model that will pay you N45K (forty-five thousand naira) and more weekly in Nigeria.

☀You are not creating any products

☀No experience needed

☀No educational qualification required

If 45K and above per week is not too small for you, then watch this video now to be guided through the important steps.

Make money online in Nigeria this year and beyond.
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by Lagyaovye33: 12:38am On Jan 26
ijustdey:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/nigerian-workers-express-anger-over-delayed-new-minimum-wage/
This government no just care u can do your worst if not. believe in government and register for hypertension checkup😎
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by explored(m): 1:27am On Jan 26
legit work pays. work hard. work smart
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by seunmsg(m): 2:12am On Jan 26
Agboriotejoye:
Is seunmsg among?
He's more concerned with whether GRV pays his wife's debt than the govt paying him his salary

lol, why are you so worried about me? Can’t remember ever coming here to complain about my salary. I know what bothers me and what to worry about. You should concern yourself about your personal issues. Stop having sleepless night over seunmsg.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by darkdenizen: 3:39am On Jan 26
These ones have collected their share.
Someone should help us tell labour and other unions that we no send them any message. They should not agitate on behalf of anybody because it is now obvious that they are only doing all these for pecuniary gains and their selfish interests.

If not why have they been quiet all this while. No palliative allowance for 4 months, no peculiar, no living wage. Then on getting to the last month of not paying the palliative as agreed, the are talking about negotiations for minimum wage starting in March.

We no send them work oo. We don't trust them anymore. They are not fighting for the common man. Na their pockets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by Fremy: 4:08am On Jan 26
Ohraykon:
The politicians use juju on us it's very clear
where is ur evidence
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by gloryman91: 4:17am On Jan 26
Make IPPIS pay January salary and Nov to Jan wages for us this week.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by RevolverOcelot(m): 5:18am On Jan 26
I wonder why the minimum wage takes so long to enact but the removal of subsidy was so quick to enact.
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by VaginaAcademic: 5:34am On Jan 26
Minimum wage not even living wage
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by Runnazzy(m): 5:44am On Jan 26
Chai... Ontop 35k when no even reach to relax well naim be people monthly take home and yet.... cry
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by symbianDON(m): 6:32am On Jan 26
Richtaiwo:
Nawao. 160m suv for lawmakers, within 2 weeks, every lawmaker already cruising his suv. But 35k wage award for workers, after 4 months, no hope
In sight. This reminds me of the Animal Farm by George Orwell
this man called Tinubu doesn't give a hoot about the ordinary Nigerian citizen. Forget all the empty promises he keeps making upandan
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by FireUpNow(m): 6:52am On Jan 26
I don't blame the man. Too much delay in the payment of the new salary structure.

Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:25am On Jan 26
seunmsg:

lol, why are you so worried about me? Can’t remember ever coming here to complain about my salary. I know what bothers me and what to worry about. You should concern yourself about your personal issues. Stop having sleepless night over seunmsg.
Lol.
Why don't you take your own sermon and stop bothering yourself over who GRV's wife apologises to or not while you're suffering the same thing Chika suffered from Ifeyinwa at the hands of your employer?
Not only are you crying more than the bereaved, it seems you enjoy suffering and smiling
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by Starhearts: 7:48am On Jan 26
_Assalam Alaykum Waramotullah Wabarakatuh_

👉 Friday 26th January, 2024
🤍 *(14 Rajab 1445 A.H)* 💚

Oh Allah 🤲
*Strengthen our faith in this precious deen, bless us with Your Rahmah and Hikmah, crown us with Your blessings and good health, protect us from all evils, make good deeds easy for us and count us among the dwellers of Al-janat Firdaus.*
AAMEEN. 🙏

💫 *JUMAT MUBARAK* 🕌
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by EmekaBlue(m): 8:02am On Jan 26
Poor Nigerians

Poverty capital of the whole wide world record holder

Make una continue dey do tribalism and religion
Re: Nigerian Workers Express Anger Over Delayed New Minimum Wage by Soukiss(m): 8:38am On Jan 26
Give them hope but not satisfiation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How FG Borrowed Over N3.8trillion From CBN In 6 Months / About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' / Prosecute Perpetrators Of Plateau Killings - Governors Tell President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.