Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,794 members, 7,827,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira (24461 Views)

Those Who Want Naira To Be ₦400 To Dollar Are Living In A Dream World - Moghalu / Nigeria's FX Crisis: What You Should Know By Kingsley Moghalu / Cryptocurrency: Kingsley Moghalu To Address Challenges, Opportunities In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by EreluRoz: 11:12am On Jan 26
Gbadugbakun:

Madam don't you have conscience. Is this how hatred has eaten so deep into you that you can't see how your almighty Tinubu has destroyed our economy within months of assuming office?

What is wrong with Nigerians. I never supported Tinubu but if he was performing, I would have applauded him. For you to still be defending him amidst all the killings, kidnappings, looting...etc shows how wicked and heartless you are.
Don't jump into conversations, it started somewhere. I said revolution is the only permanent solution to the problems of the country and not some recycled politicians, that person you are thinking is the solution would have been worse. I know what I'm saying

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Piroty: 11:12am On Jan 26
Artscollection:

Big lie !!every trader is on pause now bv you don't know where the werey naira go put head.

I don't trade in naira, research or ask questions before potraying ignorance

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Tonytonex(m): 11:13am On Jan 26
Piroty:
Just start to learn trading so u can benefits from dollar increase and ur trading skills
how can one start please?

And what kind of trading forex or crypto?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Piroty: 11:14am On Jan 26
Tonytonex:
how can one start please?

And what kind of trading forex or crypto?

Both, you can start by learning on tour own or requesting help from a professional

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Gbadugbakun(m): 11:18am On Jan 26
EreluRoz:
Don't jump into conversations, it started somewhere. I said revolution is the only permanent solution to the problems of the country and not some recycled politicians, that person you are thinking is the solution would have been worse. I know what I'm saying
Tinubu was the worst candidate on the ballot. He had no plan for Nigerians aside looting the country's Treasury.

It's your hatred for Igbos that's made you choose him. I hope you're happy with the way the country is?

4 Likes

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Tonytonex(m): 11:19am On Jan 26
Piroty:

Both, you can start by learning on tour own or requesting help from a professional
ok thanks. I will do that. Will 50K be enough to start?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by PaulH07: 11:19am On Jan 26
nlfpmod:

Kingsley Moghalu

Problem be say nobody is even interested in anything else Nigeria is exporting again sef.

We've so bastardized our image, that the only two things the world knows us for is our Oil and Lack of Integrity.

Appalling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by HIPROFILE(m): 11:20am On Jan 26
This man is only repeating what Peter has always said: Moving from consumption to production.

This is what other countries who where once in our situation did and today they are all way better than where they came from.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by komekn(m): 11:21am On Jan 26
EreluRoz:
Ajaokuta steel is lying there abandoned and not active, that alone can solve a whole lot of mess in Nigeria but it must be only oil.

Youth of the country are still sleeping, the few ones in position to make a solid statement are worse than the old corrupt leaders.

When we are all ready for revolution, you can call on me for support.

Meanwhile we should keep praying for asiwaju to succeed because he obviously has good intentions for Nigeria.

You are delusional
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by bjcole(m): 11:21am On Jan 26
EreluRoz:
Ajaokuta steel is lying there abandoned and not active, that alone can solve a whole lot of mess in Nigeria but it must be only oil.

Youth of the country are still sleeping, the few ones in position to make a solid statement are worse than the old corrupt leaders.

Meanwhile we should keep praying for asiwaju to succeed because he obviously has good intentions for Nigeria.

You are speaking from both sides of the mouth.
You want a revolution on one hand and on the other hand, the president has a good intention, let this good intention turn to good country for us so that our foreign exchange could shore up..
You don't what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by blueAgent(m): 11:21am On Jan 26
codemaniacs:

The World Slavery Bank and International Slavery Fund use population to decide the stability of African economies.

Those countries have smaller populations than Nigeria and they use a currency that's created by their colonial thieves.

Every year the World Slavery Bank and International Slavery Fund keeps over inflating Nigeria's population figures and this affects the economy of Nigeria badly.

Anyone that says anything else from this is telling you rubbish because Nigeria produces locally more than what 90% of other African countries produce locally.

Did you read what you wrote here?

Clown.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Babangidapikin: 11:21am On Jan 26
Please spare us the grammar .. we all know our problems ..question is what is the solution ..
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by komekn(m): 11:22am On Jan 26
1Alex:
I did not vote for Tinubu but truth be told, he seems to have good intentions. I am 100% obidient but since court has decided, I have to support him, if he succeeds, it's for the good of all of us. I have entirely nothing to gain if he fails.

He has already FAILED.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Tonytonex(m): 11:23am On Jan 26
Uncletony:
The only remedy is to japa if you can, if not for anything but for your kids sake
where the money dey. One million naira now is not even up to a 1000 dollar.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by EreluRoz: 11:25am On Jan 26
Gbadugbakun:

Tinubu was the worst candidate on the ballot. He had no plan for Nigerians aside looting the country's Treasury.

It's your hatred for Igbos that's made you choose him. I hope you're happy with the way the country is?
If you can't have a healthy conversation then avoid me, stop projecting rubbish. Have a nice century
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by alimiadedayo1: 11:26am On Jan 26
Piroty:

Fx trading, although u will have to learn very well first
pls send your what app number
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by emkz: 11:27am On Jan 26
poseidon12:

How can you hold state governments to account when you are running a unitary system of government? To hold them to account, you have to first restructure the country.

We run a federal system, with elected officials. State governors destroyed local government administration for reasons only they can explain. The only state where local government is effective is Lagos State.

When there was Badoo boys in Ikorodu, the local government administration and the traditional institutions dealt with it and the state and FG consolidated their efforts.

State governments can solve these problems. Set up vigilante. The locals know the criminals among them.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by cucumbar: 11:27am On Jan 26
1Alex:
I did not vote for Tinubu but truth be told, he seems to have good intentions. I am 100% obidient but since court has decided, I have to support him, if he succeeds, it's for the good of all of us. I have entirely nothing to gain if he fails.
Oloshi
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Gbadugbakun(m): 11:28am On Jan 26
EreluRoz:
If you can't have a healthy conversation then avoid me, stop projecting rubbish. Have a nice century
Lol the truth they say is bitter.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by bjcole(m): 11:29am On Jan 26
emkz:
Do we not also need funds to diversify the economy?

There is nothing wrong with having oil and mineral revenues. What we need is to utilize them efficiently.

We were all here when Donald Duke did Tinapa, Obudu Cattle Ranch and even brought Miss World hosting to Nigeria. But religious extremists made a mess of the hosting of Miss World. In addition, Duke's successors refused to build and consolidate on the foundation of Duke.

We see how Lagos earns revenue from service industry. What are the other state governments doing to earn revenue for their states?

Mostly nothing. Tinubu is expected to solve all the problems.
Some state governments destroy alcohol but still collect the money earned from VAT charged on alcohol sold in other states. Development is also elusive when you live with people who are retrogressive in their thinking. At this stage of our national life, Senator Ali Ndume and his co-travellers are insisting that some departments of CBN and the headquarters of FAAN must stay in Abuja without advancing sensible arguments to even show they are competent in thinking.

Instead of developing mining resources, state governments seemingly cooperate with illegal miners to steal from their own people, and even kill them.

Look at insecurity. Instead of setting up local vigilante to solve the problem, state governments want the President to come and solve their problems for them.

The problem of the naira is that state governments are mostly unproductive. Hold them to account.

Your argument is riddled with confusion. Thrash.
Dollars was #735 before Tinubu floated it about 7months ago, now it is #1400. Tell that President that he has destroyed the economy..How can you float Dollars in a country where you don't print Dollars.
Tinubu is responsible for the state of Nigeria economy and it's just a pity.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Tranquility2345: 11:31am On Jan 26
Angelfrost:

Okay... Did I claim to have propounded a 'rock science' solution?!! Does the truth always have to be far-fetched and complicated?

I really don't understand the thrust of your rant or response.

Okay, bring forth your own 'something' wey only Ph.D. holders know... We are all here to learn. grin

As I read ‘rock science’, I knew I was dealing with a dullard and stopped reading. Can’t waste my brain cells with slow pokes in 2024…
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by ncoolsome(m): 11:32am On Jan 26
EreluRoz:

Nobody will award you for good intentions but rather actions
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Angelfrost(m): 11:32am On Jan 26
Tranquility2345:

As I read ‘rock science’, I knew I was dealing with a dullard and stopped reading. Can’t waste my brain cells with slow pokes in 2024…

Lol... And, you didn't see the inverted commas or highlights?!!

Whatever you're fishing for, you won't find here.

Quit being a nuisance and get busy with whatever you call an existence.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Piroty: 11:34am On Jan 26
Tonytonex:
ok thanks. I will do that. Will 50K be enough to start?

To Start trading or start leaning ?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Piroty: 11:34am On Jan 26
alimiadedayo1:
pls send your what app number
its on my profile
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by bjcole(m): 11:35am On Jan 26
emkz:

We run a federal system, with elected officials. State governors destroyed local government administration for reasons only they can explain. The only state where local government is effective is Lagos State.

When there was Badoo boys in Ikorodu, the local government administration and the traditional institutions dealt with it and the state and FG consolidated their efforts.

State governments can solve these problems. Set up vigilante. The locals know the criminals among them.

You.dont have an idea of what is going on Nigeria, you are illinformed or you want to shield your principal from responsibilities.
You are comparing Badoo to Banditry and terrorism. You don't have an idea at all.
Nigeria is in a wrong hands, it's only by the mercies of God that we can escape.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by COMPAQ(m): 11:35am On Jan 26
poseidon12:

How can you hold state governments to account when you are running a unitary system of government? To hold them to account, you have to first restructure the country.

Restructure is not really the issue!! If you cant hold the federal government, how will you hold the State government??

When Nigerians are ready to hold anyone, we will know!!

I keep saying it, thousands of Nigerians came out to walk for Mo'bahd!! Call those same Nigerians to walk in Abuja against poor economic management and corruption, they wont show up.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by danzaki63: 11:40am On Jan 26
Is it now you realised this? after you had helped in the lootong of the economy, you have now turn around to give a belated advice. What did you do as a deputy Governor in Central bank? What?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Tranquility2345: 11:43am On Jan 26
Angelfrost:

Lol... And, you didn't see the inverted commas or highlights?!!

Whatever you're fishing for, you won't find here.

Quit being a nuisance and get busy with whatever you call an existence.

I will teach you for free. Make you no go embarrass your papa again. It is ‘Rocket Science’ and not ‘Rock Science’. Mugu.

E sure me say na village school you go. Come on get out of here before better Yamayama fall on that your dull band head. Lazy youth like you angry
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by emkz: 11:45am On Jan 26
bjcole:

Your argument is riddled with confusion. Thrash.
Dollars was #735 before Tinubu floated it about 7months ago, now it is #1400. Tell that President that he has destroyed the economy..How can you float Dollars in a country where you don't print Dollars.
Tinubu is responsible for the state of Nigeria economy and it's just a pity.

Did you just say that Tinubu floated the dollars?

You are such an intelligent person. Wow!!

If your intelligence is not suspect, you'd realize that the state of the Nigerian economy is a culmination of years of governments that didn't understand how to manage the economy. Currency is but one component of the economy. Are you not old enough to know that years of successive governments defending the naira by subsidizing the dollars was not a sustainable practice?

What is attacking the naira?

The only thing attacking the naira is unregulated consumption of foreign goods. If you consume locally produced items, your dollar burden reduces. When government subsidizes the dollar, those who benefit the most are the rich who import foreign cars, wines, clothing, babes, etc. The average man wants to eat, have a decent accommodation and have a decent wage to cater for his family. By subsidizing dollars, we wasted money that could have been spent on building factories, infrastructure and education on subsidizing the rich. The end game is poverty of the majority.

It was not a sustainable practice.

Finally, we are all guilty of these crime of attacking the naira. I see many people holding the dollars in their hands and even opening bank accounts in dollars. In Nigeria, we operate a dual currency regime of dollars and naira. This is illegal. I have travelled to several countries in the world and the only country where I see people charging things in a currency different from theirs outside an airport is Nigeria. Even some embassies collect fees in fx. This is wrong!

If government sees dollars in anyone's hands, it must be assumed that it was stolen because it is not a legal tender within Nigeria. Banks too need to be stopped from opening accounts in fx for anyone within Nigeria. It is not done anywhere else.

In Nigeria, everyone wants to have dollars and come out boldly to blame Tinubu for excessive cost of dollars. If those people who hid dollars bring them out, the price will re-equilibriate.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by emkz: 11:46am On Jan 26
bjcole:

You.dont have an idea of what is going on Nigeria, you are illinformed or you want to shield your principal from responsibilities.
You are comparing Badoo to Banditry and terrorism. You don't have an idea at all.
Nigeria is in a wrong hands, it's only by the mercies of God that we can escape.

Propose solutions since you claim to understand everything.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by pipnator00(m): 11:48am On Jan 26
The Naira/US$ situation is very pitiful and more disturbing because, no matter how hard the government of the day tries to control the exchange rate with the I&E window rate, they can't. They have lost that power and even the aboki's have lost same power to fix the rate for the parallel market. The power and the REAL exchange rate is now determined by the activities of the peer to peer exchanges happening in all these crypto platforms.

*** These peer to peer traders watch and follow the Naira/USD chart. No matter what the govt says or does, the chart will always tell them the truth. And they know certainly its stewpeed to buy the Naira against the dollar at this stage.

Looking at the chart, US$ likely to break a resistance on the daily and if that successful happens, CERTAINLY Naira will trade NGN1500 against the dollar by the end of next week. (The only thing that may stop that from happening now is, its the end of the month and profit takers might slow that but it will certainly happen say.. 2 to 3 weeks from now.)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Succed In Pure Water Business / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.