Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira (24456 Views)

Those Who Want Naira To Be ₦400 To Dollar Are Living In A Dream World - Moghalu / Nigeria's FX Crisis: What You Should Know By Kingsley Moghalu / Cryptocurrency: Kingsley Moghalu To Address Challenges, Opportunities In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Coolsat(m): 1:45pm On Jan 26
Barryseal:

You vote the wrong man and pray he succeeds. Lol
And who was the right man? Bro all of them are the same and I support that revolution thing she mentioned. Na the only way to bring sense back to naija bdat
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Barryseal: 1:46pm On Jan 26
Coolsat:
And who was the right man?
You will go back in time and vote him or call for the election cancellation? What exactly will you do if I told you?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by codemaniacs: 1:48pm On Jan 26
blueAgent:

Did you read what you wrote here?

Clown.

If you don't understand how global economics works then keep quiet.

you are the clown..
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by TruthsFM: 1:51pm On Jan 26
We keep on consuming but not manufacturing, there will be great danger in our economy.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by bjcole(m): 1:55pm On Jan 26
emkz:

I'd not engage you any further.

You argue to try to win and not argue to make sense. You are filled with hate and I hope you find peace with yourself. You accused me of being paid. If I ask you for proof of payment, the world would see how stupid you are.

I am too big to engage in personal attacks with your likes. When you are more mature, you can return to read and maybe your brain will be open then.

Goodbye.

I gave you facts that your principal and the president is dull, and you ran away because you don't have any points.

You said govt should ban the use of dollars. Who would ban the use of dollars? Is it the same president that was parading bullion vans on election day and also sharing dollars to delegates to sway them for votes.
Nigerians always think they can escape the consequences of their actions.
Welcome to the era of free fall of Naira.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by blueAgent(m): 1:58pm On Jan 26
codemaniacs:

If you don't understand how global economics works then keep quiet.

you are the clown..

In your mind now, you wrote something reasonable?

Stop murdering Economics.

Clown. grin
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by blueAgent(m): 2:04pm On Jan 26
Johncuppa:

But Asiwaju with his good intentions is not visiting this issue.
Yemi Osinbajo listed how the country can work through diversification in his primary manifesto.
Why is Asiwaju putting everything on taxation instead of manufacturing?
His economy recovery team has not mentioned this too in any of their policies rolled out.

Does he has anything else to offer, except taxation?

When he was Governor of lagos, did he diversify lagos state Economy? How many industries did he bring?
The clown is a big failure.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by tete7000(m): 2:08pm On Jan 26
The truth is that we don't even earn enough from oil. Our oil industry has gone moribund.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by codemaniacs: 2:27pm On Jan 26
EreluRoz:
Ajaokuta steel is lying there abandoned and not active, that alone can solve a whole lot of mess in Nigeria but it must be only oil.

Youth of the country are still sleeping, the few ones in position to make a solid statement are worse than the old corrupt leaders.

When we are all ready for revolution, you can call on me for support.

Meanwhile we should keep praying for asiwaju to succeed because he obviously has good intentions for Nigeria.

Barryseal:

You vote the wrong man and pray he succeeds. Lol

Coolsat:
And who was the right man? Bro all of them are the same and I support that revolution thing she mentioned. Na the only way to bring sense back to naija bdat

Pusyiter:
Interestingly, there is no President that does not have good intentions
The challenge has been good political will to bring change
When you want to bring change and see it will affect someone very close, you change tactics
This is why we will continue to clamour for the restructuring of this country
If not, we will keep being keyboard warriors

poseidon12:

Exactly. The solution to Nigeria's fundamental problem lies in restructuring. That is decentralisation of governance.

There can never be a revolution in Nigeria again because in Nigeria a revolution means attacking and destroying another ethnic nation ( tribe ) that is not your own ethnic nation.

And Nigeria can never restructure because what you guys want to restructure into is what Nigeria practised after Independence which was regionalism which also led to the 1st revolution carried out by igbo soldiers.

igbo soldiers who out of envy, hatred and jealousy falsely accused non-igbo politicians and non-igbo people of corruption, mis-appropriation of funds e.t.c and thereby hiding behind these false accusations of corruption against non-igbo leaders to carry out a revolution and killed leaders of other ethnic nations because at that time those other ethnic nations were doing better and were more prosperous than the eastern region which the soldiers hailed from and normal igbos since 1960 independence were losing the status the Bri:ts gave them of having well paying employment outside the eastern region because the regions began to hire indigenes to replace the igbos the brits had hired so igbos were not happy and their soldiers truncated and abolished regionalism and introduced the unitary system of government to get the revenue of all regions to the FG which the igbo soldiers through their revolution now controlled but their control did not last and once they lost control they started shouting dis-integration and return to regionalism.

So in summary, all this talk about revolution is because another ethnic nation is doing better your own ethnic nation.

and all this talk about restructuring is because the descendants of igbo soldiers and igbos who truncated regionalism now realise their ancestors made a very foolish mistake and they would be wealthier, richer than other ethnic nations and don't want to share their revenue with other ethnic nations so that they can start doing better than other tribes.

even on Nairaland, some NL users falsely accuse rich people of doing rituals or illegal things to become rich...

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by TOMMYS: 2:53pm On Jan 26
Piroty:
Just start to learn trading so u can benefits from dollar increase and ur trading skills

Forex
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Piroty: 3:24pm On Jan 26
TOMMYS:

Forex

Yh
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by djon78(m): 3:34pm On Jan 26

For Nigeria to achieve this will require what its present generation of politicians appear to lack, for you cannot give what you do not have.

The level of political will required to change course is extraordinary, and requires a focus on merit and competent technocratic management rather than crony- empowerment based on vested self interest.

Until these fundamentals are fixed, there is little hope for the Naira. The world has changed from the days of our being awash with oil money. Many other countries that are not in OPEC now produce massive amounts of oil.

Well outlined by Prof

If we don't wake up to do the right thing
Nigeria will be relegated to the backwaters of African not even the global economy

Misfit politicians shouldn't be Manning the affairs of critical sectors of Nigerian Economy

A stitch in time saves nine

Time to get to serious business because time no dey again
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by djon78(m): 3:37pm On Jan 26
TruthsFM:
We keep on consuming but not manufacturing, there will be great danger in our economy.

And it's getting tougher for the Economy because wrong things are being done

The elites and politicians won't hear
But time is running out for the Nigerian Economy

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by djon78(m): 3:41pm On Jan 26
bjcole:

I gave you facts that your principal and the president is dull, and you ran away because you don't have any points.

You said govt should ban the use of dollars. Who would ban the use of dollars? Is it the same president that was parading bullion vans on election day and also sharing dollars to delegates to sway them for votes.
Nigerians always think they can escape the consequences of their actions.
Welcome to the era of free fall of Naira.

When they talk you understand the level of there reasoning

He is saying ban dollars
Which country has done that

Europe?
Sophisticated China?
Even Russia that's been fighting war with the West can't do that

Talkless of an underdeveloped Nigerian Economy

It's a pity these guys don't even understand what's facing us as a Nation
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by emmi14: 3:42pm On Jan 26
EreluRoz:
Ajaokuta steel is lying there abandoned and not active, that alone can solve a whole lot of mess in Nigeria but it must be only oil.

Youth of the country are still sleeping, the few ones in position to make a solid statement are worse than the old corrupt leaders.

When we are all ready for revolution, you can call on me for support.

Meanwhile we should keep praying for asiwaju to succeed because he obviously has good intentions for Nigeria.
Please elaborate of Bola Tinubu's good intentions and the project in place or suggested.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by emmi14: 3:50pm On Jan 26
rajiedreez:
It's all our fault
Speak for yourself and stop talking nonsense.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by rajiedreez: 4:09pm On Jan 26
emmi14:

Speak for yourself and stop talking nonsense.

I do not know you o but with this comment, you're part of the problem of this country 😉
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by TruthsFM: 4:15pm On Jan 26
djon78:

And it's getting tougher for the Economy because wrong things are being done

The elites and politicians won't hear
But time is running out for the Nigerian Economy
Nigeria Economy has totally destroyed, it’s the survival of the fittest in Nigeria 🇳🇬
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Queengee: 4:30pm On Jan 26
gabicon:
We all know the problem, how do we solve it in a non textbook manner. I run a manufacturing business, we have 3 phase equipments and voltage sensitive single phase equipments. For months now we don't get complete 3 phases and even the single phase is not 220v. So to run efficiently, we have to do so on diesel, that alone has taken the competitive edge. Manufacturing is not about being indigenous, it's about how competitive you can be, the main reason multinational manufacturing plants are closing down is because they can't effectively compete in global space.

g
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by nairamaniac: 4:53pm On Jan 26
Piroty:
Just start to learn trading so u can benefits from dollar increase and ur trading skills
are you referring to forex trading ND similar stuffs?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Growing(m): 4:55pm On Jan 26
Very sensible.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Tranquility2345: 5:21pm On Jan 26
mariahAngel:

No mind that Tranquility2345. Na so the guy be. Chaos! grin

I wanted to invoke Yamayama on the bald head of the unfortunate person wey write this thing until I realize say na you. Take time o angry
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by adefitim(m): 5:24pm On Jan 26
Reno Omokri as talked about this extensively. He even advised Nigerians to dump MTN for Glo, drop Foreign cars for Innosson and other Nigeria manufactured ones
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by macklef(m): 5:50pm On Jan 26
Primebuilders:
For me the problem of the Naira is NNPCL. That organization is so deep in secrecy that no one knows what is happening there.
How is it that a private limited company (as NNPCL is now called) is the one receiving the drilling, exporting, and collecting of oil revenues in dollars on behalf of Nigeria without accountability to anyone. No audit nothing. Buhari refuse to appoint a petroleum minister and Tinubu have refuse to do same. What is going on in NNPCL. Where is the dollar they are exchanging for our oil money going.
That's why Alison madueke can never be poor
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by seguno2: 6:38pm On Jan 26
macklef:

That's why Alison madueke can never be poor

How did her replacement fare in the job
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by seguno2: 6:39pm On Jan 26
adefitim:
Reno Omokri as talked about this extensively. He even advised Nigerians to dump MTN for Glo, drop Foreign cars for Innosson and other Nigeria manufactured ones

Is that why Reno’s boss, Atiku lives in Dubai

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by jojothaiv(m): 6:57pm On Jan 26
For Nigeria to achieve this will require what its present generation of politicians appear to lack, for you cannot give what you do not have.

This is a subtle attack sha, many Nigerians don't really expect much from this current crop of leaders to be honest, those who were bullish about it are on the side of indifference now.
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Tonytonex(m): 7:08pm On Jan 26
Piroty:

To Start trading or start leaning ?
to start trading sir.

I can look for someone to put me through on the basics.

N.B. how much do people charge for teaching it?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by Tonytonex(m): 7:18pm On Jan 26
adefitim:
Reno is not always right.

Do you know how many Nigerians MTN has employed? And how much Nigeria is getting from tax?
The MTN recharge cards you are buying, is it not in Naira? So if MTN should pack and go like other companies are doing, na Nigeria go hear am pass.

Reno is benefiting from the Naira falls because he's earning in dollars. He won't tell you that.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by flipteche: 7:58pm On Jan 26
Tonytonex:
to start trading sir.

I can look for someone to put me through on the basics.

N.B. how much do people charge for teaching it?
Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by BreconHills(m): 8:10pm On Jan 26
codemaniacs:

No Nigerian is driven by fear of been shamed.

if you have knowledge of history then you will know that Japan, South Korea and Germany all got support from U:S and Europe and you will never ever compare them to Nigeria who never received any support from U:S and Europe.

you are the one been driven by fear of been shame.

No support abi? Was your manufacturing sector ruined by bombs or by bad government policy? Did your currency lose value because exports were impossible and cigarettes were more valuable than local currency or because export base was neglected. Loads of entitlement in your statement. US and Europe owe us nothing.

Re Nigerian drivers - no comment. Ok.

1 Like

Re: Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira by BreconHills(m): 8:20pm On Jan 26
codemaniacs:

No Nigerian is driven by fear of been shamed.

if you have knowledge of history then you will know that Japan, South Korea and Germany all got support from U:S and Europe and you will never ever compare them to Nigeria who never received any support from U:S and Europe.

you are the one been driven by fear of been shame.

The issue is not who got help. Nigeria did not deserve help. But let's leave that. Did the Marshall plan also give Germany an obsessive attention to detail? The Japanese the highest rate of domestic savings globally or did the plan give the Koreans the ability to innovate products. Let's leave these countries and jump to Singapore - did the UK give the Singaporeans the ability to ruthlessly prioritize.

Like I said earlier re Nigerian motivation drivers - there is no need to argue with you because popular culture is replete with the fear of shame and being overtaken " God no go shame us" " I better pass my neigbour" gens. You can speak for yourself but I am very confident that Nigerian competition and hassle is not to create world class products but in the main to avoid shame and being left behind. I stand by that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Succed In Pure Water Business / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / Whistleblower Gives Leadersng Damning 'Evidence' Of Corruption In CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.